PDA

View Full Version : Matt Barnes to Miami? The Decision pt 2

MiamiHeat
07-15-2010, 05:40 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NBA&id=892&line=137927&spln=1

Matt Barnes is expected to make an announcement on Friday about which team he'll join, but it looks like Miami is his most likely destination.

The Celtics, Mavericks and Lakers are under consideration, but the Heat seem to be winning the fight for his services. The Heat remind us of that owner that blows all his money in a fantasy auction on a couple players, but then sees a bunch of steals fall to him at the end of the draft.

Jul. 15 - 4:13 pm et

Spursfan092120
07-15-2010, 05:44 PM
http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/BCO2022.jpg

MiamiHeat
07-15-2010, 05:45 PM
^^ fail

Goran Dragic
07-15-2010, 05:48 PM
lol Matt Bricks

jermaine
07-15-2010, 05:50 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NBA&id=892&line=137927&spln=1

Matt Barnes is expected to make an announcement on Friday about which team he'll join, but it looks like Miami is his most likely destination.

The Celtics, Mavericks and Lakers are under consideration, but the Heat seem to be winning the fight for his services. The Heat remind us of that owner that blows all his money in a fantasy auction on a couple players, but then sees a bunch of steals fall to him at the end of the draft.

Jul. 15 - 4:13 pm et

Again I ask "What the Fuck is the Spurs waiting on to try & sign some dam body! I hope they don't think Spillter is all we need to get over the top! The best shooters are gone, the centers are gone, an dam near the best defenders are gone! Oyea wait my bad they takin a very hard look at "Sweet James Jones"! The only hard look they takin is that dumb founded stare Pop gives in a game when someone keeps fuckin up! Who the hell tryin to get Brewer while the Spurs gaze at people?

Spursfan092120
07-15-2010, 06:02 PM
Again I ask "What the Fuck is the Spurs waiting on to try & sign some dam body! I hope they don't think Spillter is all we need to get over the top! The best shooters are gone, the centers are gone, an dam near the best defenders are gone! Oyea wait my bad they takin a very hard look at "Sweet James Jones"! The only hard look they takin is that dumb founded stare Pop gives in a game when someone keeps fuckin up! Who the hell tryin to get Brewer while the Spurs gaze at people?
I think we were looking at Raja, and after he officially signed with Utah, we're probably talking to Jones right now...

jermaine
07-15-2010, 06:06 PM
I think we were looking at Raja, and after he officially signed with Utah, we're probably talking to Jones right now...

I like to thank you 4 sharing dat wit me!

Spursfan092120
07-15-2010, 06:09 PM
I like to thank you 4 sharing dat wit me!
Not sure if I'm right or not...I just heard somewhere that Jones would be what we went after if the Bell plan fell through.

Spursfan092120
07-15-2010, 06:09 PM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/image.php?u=15693&dateline=1275357813

SomeCallMeTim
07-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Dang. First Miller, then keeping Haslem, now possibly adding Barnes?

That's three excellent role players. So much for having no depth. Even if they played Shawn Bradley at 5 they'd be really hard to beat.

DAF86
07-15-2010, 10:45 PM
Not a good fit, imo. They need shooters (specially in the PG position, 'cause Lebron and Wade will play 40 mins each either way) and centers.

Giuseppe
07-15-2010, 10:49 PM
Barnes will make you sorry every time.

HarlemHeat37
07-15-2010, 10:50 PM
Not a good fit, imo. They need shooters (specially in the PG position, 'cause Lebron and Wade will play 40 mins each either way) and centers.

He's a good bench player and situational player for them though..I agree that he shouldn't start, but I think it would be a good addition from an overall standpoint..

DAF86
07-15-2010, 10:55 PM
He's a good bench player and situational player for them though..I agree that he shouldn't start, but I think it would be a good addition from an overall standpoint..

I think they should spend the little cap space they have left in a good shooting veteran PG and/or a center, what's the point of getting Barnes when you already have Lebron, Wade and Miller in the wings?

MiamiHeat
07-15-2010, 11:02 PM
LeBron is going to play the Magic Johnson type role

don't be surprised to see

LeBron
Wade
Miller
Bosh
Center

lineups

Giuseppe
07-15-2010, 11:06 PM

The HIV part.

tee, hee.

Darrin
07-15-2010, 11:59 PM
So...these guys don't have to defend the best perimeter player on the floor (Barnes)? Chris Bosh gets to play weak-side defense (Haslem)? Lebron is free to go after the ball on the rim on the defensive end? You have two of the best shot-blockers for their position in Wade and James. Do they really need lock-down defenders on the ground?

This team is going to be a beast. I'm not seeing how these pieces don't fit together. James wants to pass, Bosh wants to run, and Wade wants to score. They will be fresh for the postseason because they won't rely on one guy too much. They will be (so far) 7-deep (Chalmers, Wade, James, Haslem, Bosh, Miller, and Barnes). One more big guy and passer and that should do it. If Ilgauskas has really gone there, if they can get one free agent PG that just wants to pass and win, just get out of the way. This team will win it next season. It's a corronation. Buckle up and enjoy the ride. We know how the story ends, we just got to get there. I feel sorry for all the people who are going to miss this because they think James is a pussy and a narcissist. This is going to be entertaining.

MI21
07-16-2010, 12:04 AM
If Miami can get some good movement on offense, they are going to be impossible to stop.

Wade knows how to play off the ball from playing with Shaq in his younger days, but LeBron is useless at it, I'm sure he will improve though.

Those two off the ball for stretches, with Miller/Barnes who are both very good passers for their size initiating the offense, Bosh dragging a big guy out to 18-20 feet... Man...

Kevin Durant 35
07-16-2010, 12:15 AM
When does the season start late October right?

Darrin
07-16-2010, 12:18 AM
If Miami can get some good movement on offense, they are going to be impossible to stop.

Wade knows how to play off the ball from playing with Shaq in his younger days, but LeBron is useless at it, I'm sure he will improve though.

If you have any games from the 2006 Postseason, you will know that James is not useless at it. Remember Damon Jones shooting them into the second-round off a Lebron James pass, his fourth or fifth that quarter? That's how he dominated the Pistons in games 3 and 4. Read Sports Illustrated article on this. James is going there to be Magic Johnson. He wants the triple-double record of Oscar Robertson. And that is why I marveled at him--his passing--when he was younger (2006). The media, his coaches, his teammates have too often wanted him to be Allen Iverson or Michael Jordan.

Remember the 2007 Conference Finals when he got all the flack for passing the ball to one of the greatest shooters of all-time (Donyell Marshall)? I lived in the moment that the ball went there. I said "oh shit! NO! NO!" before Marshall even got the shot up. The Pistons lucked out and James got told he made a bad basketball play. He made the right play and got two days of bereating from the media. To the point, that in the middle of a Conference Finals with my beloved Pistons, I was defending the opposing team's star anytime someone brought up this particular subject.

I will admit that the bread-and-butter since 2006-07 has been for James to be a scorer, but that doesn't mean he's bad at passing or doesn't see his options. He's supposed to be agressive. He doesn't have to do that anymore--dominate through scoring--and what you said about Wade and Bosh is right-on.

Darrin
07-16-2010, 12:20 AM

Yes. October 29th or 30th.

Flo-Rida
07-16-2010, 01:01 AM
ima have to tivo this one unfortunately , i hope he decides to take his talents to south beach . You guys think he will wake up knowing what his decision is ?

milkshakeballa
07-16-2010, 01:01 AM

This upcoming season?

It starts in June.

Smooth Criminal
07-16-2010, 01:35 AM
:bang

MI21
07-16-2010, 01:44 AM
If you have any games from the 2006 Postseason, you will know that James is not useless at it. Remember Damon Jones shooting them into the second-round off a Lebron James pass, his fourth or fifth that quarter? That's how he dominated the Pistons in games 3 and 4. Read Sports Illustrated article on this. James is going there to be Magic Johnson. He wants the triple-double record of Oscar Robertson. And that is why I marveled at him--his passing--when he was younger (2006). The media, his coaches, his teammates have too often wanted him to be Allen Iverson or Michael Jordan.

Remember the 2007 Conference Finals when he got all the flack for passing the ball to one of the greatest shooters of all-time (Donyell Marshall)? I lived in the moment that the ball went there. I said "oh shit! NO! NO!" before Marshall even got the shot up. The Pistons lucked out and James got told he made a bad basketball play. He made the right play and got two days of bereating from the media. To the point, that in the middle of a Conference Finals with my beloved Pistons, I was defending the opposing team's star anytime someone brought up this particular subject.

I will admit that the bread-and-butter since 2006-07 has been for James to be a scorer, but that doesn't mean he's bad at passing or doesn't see his options. He's supposed to be agressive. He doesn't have to do that anymore--dominate through scoring--and what you said about Wade and Bosh is right-on.

I said he sucks off the ball, not at passing. Read man! :)

I always thought that this all out scoring type play isn't his ideal situation and he kind of wants to be setting everybody up, as you said.

I mean off the ball, as in cutting, spacing, hitting shots from a standstill. These are things that LeBron is not good at, a big reason is obviously because he has never been in that opportunity. At his size and with his speed and strength, he could be amazing off the ball when it is harder for the defense to key in on him.

A LeBron that is able to get easy points off the ball and rest up for 4th quarters is a scary though.

Darrin
07-16-2010, 01:46 AM
I said he sucks off the ball, not at passing. Read man! :)

I always thought that this all out scoring type play isn't his ideal situation and he kind of wants to be setting everybody up, as you said.

I mean off the ball, as in cutting, spacing, hitting shots from a standstill. These are things that LeBron is not good at, a big reason is obviously because he has never been in that opportunity. At his size and with his speed and strength, he could be amazing off the ball when it is harder for the defense to key in on him.

A LeBron that is able to get easy points off the ball and rest up for 4th quarters is a scary though.

Sorry for misreading. That is true about him being off-ball. Hopefully, that is what he will work on this season. Is Pat Riley coming back or not? Have you heard anything?

LkrFan
07-16-2010, 03:02 AM

don't be surprised to see

LeBron
Wade
Miller
Bosh
Center

lineups

:lmao

Flo-Rida
07-16-2010, 03:12 AM
:lmao
?

namlook
07-16-2010, 03:23 AM
Lebron as Magic? He needs to develop a post game if he wants to play the Magic role. Magic was a beast in the post. Lebron certainly can't lead a fast break like Magic. He just doesn't have those type of skills. Lebron is a good passer and he could be maybe 80% of the passer Magic was, so that's something I guess. Then we get to intangibles like heart, clutch playmaking and rising to the occasion. Magic was all about those things.

Yeah, um, I think the Lebron as Magic thing might need to be scrapped.

LkrFan
07-16-2010, 03:33 AM
?
Magic Johnson won a title in HS
Magic Johnson won a title in College
Magic Johnson won 5 titles in NBA

When you say the word "title," as pertains to LeHype, it translates to the "Chosen One" and "King" even though he hasn't won jack. In other words, he should never be mentioned in the same breath as Magic Johnson. It's insulting.

The only things LeHype and Magic Johnson have in common are that they both are tall, can dribble/rebound/score/pass, and they are both African American.

In closing, he was given too much before he earned any of it. When the going got rough, he got going...

Flo-Rida
07-16-2010, 03:35 AM
Lebron as Magic? He needs to develop a post game if he wants to play the Magic role. Magic was a beast in the post. Lebron certainly can't lead a fast break like Magic. He just doesn't have those type of skills. Lebron is a good passer and he could be maybe 80% of the passer Magic was, so that's something I guess. Then we get to intangibles like heart, clutch playmaking and rising to the occasion. Magic was all about those things.

Yeah, um, I think the Lebron as Magic thing might need to be scrapped.

Pat Riley stated that Lebron can be magic .I mean he coached magic and knows more about the guys game than we probably know . If anyone has the right to compare its either Riley or Magic himself imo .

LkrFan
07-16-2010, 03:39 AM
Pat Riley stated that Lebron can be magic .I mean he coached magic and knows more about the guys game than we probably know . If anyone has the right to compare its either Riley or Magic himself imo .

:lol

This is a case of loving the one you with. He even had the guts to say that 2006 title y'all stole from Dallas ranked higher than the ones he won with the Lakers. Yeah I believe that one too. :rolleyes

Flo-Rida
07-16-2010, 03:39 AM
Magic Johnson won a title in HS
Magic Johnson won a title in College
Magic Johnson won 5 titles in NBA

When you say the word "title," as pertains to LeHype, it translates to the "Chosen One" and "King" even though he hasn't won jack. In other words, he should never be mentioned in the same breath as Magic Johnson. It's insulting.

The only things LeHype and Magic Johnson have in common are that they both are tall, can dribble/rebound/score/pass, and they are both African American.

In closing, he was given too much before he earned any of it. When the going gothttp://spurstalk.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4514983 rough, he got going...

How is it insulting ?

Flo-Rida
07-16-2010, 03:42 AM
:lol

This is a case of loving the one you with. He even had the guts to say that 2006 title y'all stole from Dallas ranked higher than the ones he won with the Lakers. Yeah I believe that one too. :rolleyes

He was referring to the adversity we had faced that season and how we were counted out even back in the nets series .

namlook
07-16-2010, 03:43 AM

He could be Magic? He is a 7 year vet now. He either is or he isn't Magic by now. Magic was a winner from day one. As a rookie in the finals he played five positions including starting at center in the deciding game when Kareem went down and led his team to a championship with 42 pts 15 boards 7 assists and three steals in that game. He was the finals MVP as a rookie.

Lebron should worry about being himself, not being Magic, because he won't get there.

Flo-Rida
07-16-2010, 03:44 AM
And werent the lakers always favored to win btw ? back in the eighties ?

Flo-Rida
07-16-2010, 03:45 AM
He could be Magic? He is a 7 year vet now. He either is or he isn't Magic by now. Magic was a winner from day one. As a rookie in the finals he played five positions including starting at center in the deciding game when Kareem went down and led his team to a championship with 42 pts 15 boards 7 assists and three steals in that game. He was the finals MVP as a rookie.

Lebron should worry about being himself, not being Magic, because he won't get there.

As far as versatility id put him there with magic tho

namlook
07-16-2010, 03:49 AM
As far as versatility id put him there with magic tho

Magic played five positions including center.

Flo-Rida
07-16-2010, 03:53 AM
Magic played five positions including center.

And you dont believe lebron could ? If he was in a up tempo offense like new yorks or phoenix he would and could play center . I mean i dont know much about those showtime lakers because i wasnt even born yet but you really dont think lebron could play all five positions ? imo i believe he can . The games changed and thats another thing u have to consider as well

LkrFan
07-16-2010, 04:22 AM
And you dont believe lebron could ? If he was in a up tempo offense like new yorks or phoenix he would and could play center . I mean i dont know much about those showtime lakers because i wasnt even born yet but you really dont think lebron could play all five positions ? imo i believe he can . The games changed and thats another thing u have to consider as well
It's insulting because BSPN and other pundits have sensationalized LeHype like he is better than he is. Why is it that he drops all these triple doubles in the regular season, win all these games in the regular season, then his teams flame out in the playoffs? Because he is not a winner. Magic was a winner.

LeHype couldn't play 5 positions like Magic because he has no post game to be a center or a PF. How can you be 6'8" - 260lbs and not have a post game?

LeHype is good, but he is not great. Greatness is defined in the playoffs, not the regular season.

DAF86
07-16-2010, 05:02 AM
LMAO at Namlook's Ignore List - by putting time and energy into this you got owned. I've even got you reposting my posts.

People still haven't figured out the public ignore list was to mess with people and irritate the people on the list?

Namlook's Ignore List creator = OWNED just like Paul Pierce.

Paul Pierce -- "We ain't coming back to L.A.!" Yelled to the crowd at 1:12 of 4th quarter - Game 2 of 2010 NBA Finals

Your sigs just keep getting better.

DAF86
07-16-2010, 05:17 AM
It's insulting because BSPN and other pundits have sensationalized LeHype like he is better than he is. Why is it that he drops all these triple doubles in the regular season, win all these games in the regular season, then his teams flame out in the playoffs? Because he is not a winner. Magic was a winner.

LeHype couldn't play 5 positions like Magic because he has no post game to be a center or a PF. How can you be 6'8" - 260lbs and not have a post game?

LeHype is good, but he is not great. Greatness is defined in the playoffs, not the regular season.

Playoffs career averages

Magic Johnson: 19.5 ppg, 12.3 assts, 7.7 rpg.

Lebron James: 29.3 ppg, 7,3 assts, 8.4 rpg.

Pretty even, imo.

redzero
07-16-2010, 05:39 AM
Why do people say that LeBron chokes in the playoffs? How many bad games has he had in the past three seasons?

LkrFan
07-16-2010, 06:35 AM
Playoffs career averages

Pretty even, imo.

No one can touch LeHype or it's a foul, that's why he'll score on you. Even if you slow him down, the refs will put him on the FT line. Plus he's strong as an ox which leads people to thinking he is better than he is. He can jump out the gym so of course he'll get you rebounds. He has the ball in his hands at least 80% of the time, that's why he'll get you assists.

He has no post game (which is sorry for a 6'8" 260lb NBA player). His jumper is streaky at best. "LeHype ball" does not win in the playoffs. It's been proven time and time again.

5 rings is > 0 rings every day of the week. Magic went to the Finals 9 times - winning 5 of them. Would have been 7 wins if not for a few key injuries. LeHype will never play in 9 Finals and you can quote me on that. Magic played in 9 Finals in his 13 years. Kobe played in 7 Finals out of his 14 years. LeHype? A lucky 1 in 7. Ring Tally: Kobe 5, Magic 5, LeHype: 0

His only trip to the Finals saw him getting swept. Stats are lies I tell you, damn lies.

DAF86
07-16-2010, 07:26 AM
I'm starting to think I got trolled.

Killakobe81
07-16-2010, 07:51 AM
good for the heat!!!

Xevious
07-16-2010, 08:17 AM
No one can touch LeHype or it's a foul, that's why he'll score on you. Even if you slow him down, the refs will put him on the FT line. Plus he's strong as an ox which leads people to thinking he is better than he is. He can jump out the gym so of course he'll get you rebounds. He has the ball in his hands at least 80% of the time, that's why he'll get you assists.

He has no post game (which is sorry for a 6'8" 260lb NBA player). His jumper is streaky at best. "LeHype ball" does not win in the playoffs. It's been proven time and time again.

5 rings is > 0 rings every day of the week. Magic went to the Finals 9 times - winning 5 of them. Would have been 7 wins if not for a few key injuries. LeHype will never play in 9 Finals and you can quote me on that. Magic played in 9 Finals in his 13 years. Kobe played in 7 Finals out of his 14 years. LeHype? A lucky 1 in 7. Ring Tally: Kobe 5, Magic 5, LeHype: 0

His only trip to the Finals saw him getting swept. Stats are lies I tell you, damn lies.
Compare the Cavs of the past seven years to the showtime Lakers or any of Kobe's championship years. There's a huge difference. Lebron has never played with anyone close to the caliber of Gasol, prime Shaq, Kareem, Worthy, etc. One man can't win a title. Just ask Kobe during the Kwame Brown and Smush Parker years. Lebron got swept by the Spurs because he was playing 1 on 5.

I'm not suggesting that Lebron is as good as Magic. But he certainly has the tools and the skill to be one of the best playmakers in the game today. And I think he'll be happy to set up his teammates instead of having to carry the offensive load all on his own like he's had to do, and that's why people are saying that he'll be in more of a Magic Johnson role on the Heat.

TheMACHINE
07-16-2010, 11:11 AM
Compare the Cavs of the past seven years to the showtime Lakers or any of Kobe's championship years. There's a huge difference. Lebron has never played with anyone close to the caliber of Gasol, prime Shaq, Kareem, Worthy, etc. One man can't win a title. Just ask Kobe during the Kwame Brown and Smush Parker years. Lebron got swept by the Spurs because he was playing 1 on 5.

I'm not suggesting that Lebron is as good as Magic. But he certainly has the tools and the skill to be one of the best playmakers in the game today. And I think he'll be happy to set up his teammates instead of having to carry the offensive load all on his own like he's had to do, and that's why people are saying that he'll be in more of a Magic Johnson role on the Heat.

lol "Caliber of Gasol"

BUMP
07-16-2010, 11:17 AM
LakerFan getting butthurt like they're supposed to when someone mentions Magic. No surprises here

Mhak
07-16-2010, 12:35 PM
You can never win against the Lakers in coversation!!

You can't compare their HOFer's to other players but they have the right to compare Kobe being better than MJ.. You'll never win!!

Also with Lebron, A lot of people will hate even if he gets a ring because Lebron haters will always say he won with wade and bosh...

I'll just sit back and relax and will watch the most entertaining NBA games next season!! Heat will be the talk of ESPN for many years to come..

I just hope Duncan will win another one!! GO SPURS GO!!!

Odoggg
07-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Lebron could be better than Magic since he is about 2x the athlete. Only problem is he's never had a James Worthy/Byron Scott talent running next to him. That all changes...

Showtime is back!! Eventhough I'm a true Knicks fan and hate the Heat back from the Hardaway/Mourning wars, they are gonna be fun as hell to watch...

mavsfan1000
07-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Lehype is no Magic Johnson. Ridiculous comparison.

namlook
07-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Playoffs career averages

Pretty even, imo.

It's not about stats it's about winning. Lebron is nowhere near Magic as a winner.

Zelophehad
07-16-2010, 02:33 PM
I'd like Barnes on the Mavs tbh.

Flo-Rida
07-16-2010, 02:35 PM
It's not about stats it's about winning. Lebron is nowhere near Magic as a winner.
No denying magic was a winner unlike lebron . BUT were comparing the skill set between them.

ducks
07-16-2010, 02:43 PM
magic made other players better and won
james did not

mavsfan1000
07-16-2010, 02:51 PM
james did not
This needs to be repeated over and over so people can see why the comparisons are ridiculous.

Darrin
07-16-2010, 03:11 PM
james did not

Yes, because Boobie Gibson, JJ Hickson, Varejao, and Delonte were superstars before Lebron James played with them. He can dominate with his passing and has the will and the desire to do so. That is where the comparison comes from--the amount of talent and the mindset.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is the league's iron man and scoring Champion. How does that get overlooked that the Lakers won with him? If you have watched Lebron James you know that he can dominate with his passing. Shots didn't go down in the 2007 postseason. The Cavaliers had the passing lanes shut down in games one and two. James was forced to create off the dribble, and by the time they made a pass to anyone but Ilgauskas and Gooden, it clanked off the rim. The Spurs were a superior team. That's it. He got them to the Finals, scoring 30 ppg, winning game 5 on the Pistons home-floor in which he scored 25 of the final 27 points (48 total), at the age of 23. It was Kareem's team until 1984 or 1985.

Save this criticism for Grant Hill, Allen Iverson, Vince Carter, and Tracy McGrady. The book isn't written on Lebron James yet. You'll look like and idiot if he wins 2 of the next 3 Championships. Of course, Jerry West playing with Wilt Chamberlain didn't matter. Kobe playing with Shaq or Gasol didn't matter. Magic playing with Kareem and Worthy didn't matter. Jordan playing with Pippen and Rodman or Grant didn't matter. KG never winning in Minnesota but getting to the Finals twice with the Celtics didn't matter. Paul Pierce and Ray Allen never got there alone. They all equally walked away winners. But because he got the chance to pick his teammates, and picked an All-Star Ballot worth, even if he wins, you'll scowl that he couldn't do it alone.

Odoggg
07-16-2010, 03:26 PM
Magic could have taken the Cavs and beaten the Celtics, Orlando, and the Lakers.

STFU And get out of here with that claptrap!! Yeah I can see it now, Magic running the floor and dishin to Mo Williams for the jam!! Lol!! Or no look pass to ....wait for it.....Anderson Varajeo instead of Worthy!!! :lmao

Darrin
07-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Magic could have taken the Cavs and beaten the Celtics, Orlando, and the Lakers. Imagine PP, or Artest trying to guard Magic on the block, or trying to keep up with him on a fast break. James is simply not a winner. Duncan never had a Kareem or a Worthy, but he carried his team to a title past a great Laker team. Hakeem had a team full of role players, yet he raised his game and made everyone better when it counted. Billups never had star players, but he carried his team over a great Laker team. Just just simply does not make his teammates better, and the same will occur in Miami. Bosh and Wade are already good. This was a white flag moment for James. He will always be remembered for quitting on his team and bailing to go be Wades side kick.

Hakeem--Clyde Drexler. People forget how off-the-planet Veron Maxwell was in 1994. He was better than Starks.
Billups--Leading scorer and best option was Hamilton, most skilled player was Rasheed Wallace (and he was huge in games 3 and 4), and the leader and cornerstone was Ben Wallace (18 points, 22 rebounds in game 5). They did it together, why did you single out Billups?
Duncan--Did it with David Robinson. In 2007, it was Tony Parker who carved up that Cavaliers' team.

The greatest players in the history of the league are given that title because they accomplished what people thought they couldn't do. Almost everyone just knew James would win the last two titles, but he failed to lead. He flat out quit in game 5 against the Celtics, and blew that series. Now he has to deal with the consequences.

Again, is that the GMs fault? The Coaches Fault? The other players? Or was it Lebron choking? Giving you the benefit of the doubt, you are talking about one series in 4 years.

heatluva
07-16-2010, 03:32 PM
You look like an idiot continuing to say IF, IF, IF. With the exception of Grant, James career has gone in the direction of those other stat padders. He'll find his role playing behind Wade. There's no pressure to be great or to lead that Miami team. Stop comparing him to all those other players. None of those other players were gifted the title of King of the NBA. The crown was to heavy for James. None of those other players were predicted to dominate the league like James was. Get over it, he's a loser.

who the fuck are you? get the fuck outta my forum.

Findog
07-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Lakaluva dropping truth in this thread.

HarlemHeat37
07-16-2010, 03:49 PM
:lol The talk about Lebron in the playoffs is hilarious..

The only players that have ever won with players of that caliber are Hakeem and Duncan in '94 and 2003..the difference is that those 2 respective seasons were weak years in the NBA, and they both had teams that were built perfectly around them on both ends of the floor..

Lebron has had some historic playoff performances, he's had some historic series', he's usually a big-time playoff performer, he's made plenty of playoff game winners/clutch shots..

Unlike the other "stat-padders" that were mentioned, Lebron James is a back-to-back MVP winner and has been a very good playoff performer..he led an average supporting cast to the NBA Finals..it's not comparable at all..

Hate him for what he "did" to Cleveland all you want, but dismissing his play is ridiculous..

Killakobe81
07-16-2010, 03:53 PM
:lol The talk about Lebron in the playoffs is hilarious..

The only players that have ever won with players of that caliber are Hakeem and Duncan in '94 and 2003..the difference is that those 2 respective seasons were weak years in the NBA, and they both had teams that were built perfectly around them on both ends of the floor..

Lebron has had some historic playoff performances, he's had some historic series', he's usually a big-time playoff performer, he's made plenty of playoff game winners/clutch shots..

Unlike the other "stat-padders" that were mentioned, Lebron James is a back-to-back MVP winner and has been a very good playoff performer..he led an average supporting cast to the NBA Finals..it's not comparable at all..

Hate him for what he "did" to Cleveland all you want, but dismissing his play is ridiculous..

Lebron is an "all-time" talent no disputing that.
Did he quit? ... if he did it was much like Kobe in Game 7 vs. Phoenix ...

But despit it all you still need to win titles. He has the help now how can you complain when the 2nd or 3rd best player in the NBA is on your team?

TBH if he doesnt win and do so convincingly this year ... then the questions SHOULD start ...

TheKingOfMIA6
07-16-2010, 03:53 PM

Ok then

Bryant<<<Horry

HarlemHeat37
07-16-2010, 03:58 PM
If he doesn't win a title with Miami in the next 2 years, then feel free to question him..

Questioning a guy that has made the NBA Finals and has put up huge playoff series', despite never having a top 50 player on his team, seems kind of stupid IMO..

HarlemHeat37
07-16-2010, 04:08 PM
So, basically you're saying Lebron is Steve Nash, or Karl Malone? Lebron had a team that was built perfectly around him too. Two 7fters, two of the top 5 three point shooters, hustle players, guys that can board, guys that can get their own shots, he had it all. He had so much that you all were saying he was going to sweep the Lakers. It's already written, son, you can't go back and change it. I won't let you. If Dirk has to live with it, so does James, although Dirk never quit.

:lol The Lakers were favored to win the title, stop being dramatic..I picked Orlando to beat them too..the only reason anybody would pick Cleveland is because of Lebron's ability..

Lebron's team was horribly flawed..

Other than Lebron, the 3 players that were given the biggest role on the team were Mo Williams, Jamison and Shaq..those 3 players are 3 of the worst defenders in the NBA, the 2 formers being 2 of the worst defenders in NBA history..when you have the 3 of those guys on the floor at the same time, you have 3 liabilities at the same time..

Jamison's inability against Garnett on both ends was a huge part of Boston's win in the series, arguably the biggest part..

Mo Williams' decline in play in the playoffs has been historically bad the past 2 seasons..his stats are some of the worst I've ever seen in that regard..

The Cavs' 3-point shooting was below average in the playoffs, so there's no argument for spacing..

In addition to this, the coaching was horrible..the poor usage of Shaq(played him and used him too much), the under-usage(?) of Varajeo and Hickson, the lack of adjustments..

Lebron didn't have a great playoffs, but his supporting cast was poor once again..the year before was even worse, where Lebron put up a historic series vs. Orlando, and a historic playoffs overall, yet received no help whatsoever..

HarlemHeat37
07-16-2010, 04:08 PM
Mo is top 50, Shaq is top 50, Antawn is top 50.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

I'm a big Dirk supporter, stop generalizing Spurs fans..

Xevious
07-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Lebron is an "all-time" talent no disputing that.
Did he quit? ... if he did it was much like Kobe in Game 7 vs. Phoenix ...

But despit it all you still need to win titles. He has the help now how can you complain when the 2nd or 3rd best player in the NBA is on your team?

TBH if he doesnt win and do so convincingly this year ... then the questions SHOULD start ...
Agreed.

xellos88330
07-16-2010, 06:16 PM
The difference is Kobe quit because his team sucked. Lebron quit because his mother sucked.

:lmao:lmao I see what you did there. :toast

Andrew Bynum
07-16-2010, 06:34 PM
:rollin:rollin:rollin

I'm a big Dirk supporter, stop generalizing Spurs fans..

You're such a fucking loser.

Kindergarten Cop
07-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Mo is top 50, Shaq is top 50, Antawn is top 50.

:wow :lmao

07-16-2010, 07:34 PM
i don't want to do the research so i will ask it here. has lebron ever played alongside a current all-star? mo williams doesn't count since he was the second alternate. and has lebron every played with a teammate that became an all-star later (maybe on a different team after leaving the cavs)?

the second question i am more curious about because it would denote that lebron had young talent next to him, not just a bunch of trash/has beens. similar to duncan's 2003 team. no all star but loads of talent in parker and ginobili.

Darrin
07-16-2010, 08:47 PM
i don't want to do the research so i will ask it here. has lebron ever played alongside a current all-star? mo williams doesn't count since he was the second alternate. and has lebron every played with a teammate that became an all-star later (maybe on a different team after leaving the cavs)?

the second question i am more curious about because it would denote that lebron had young talent next to him, not just a bunch of trash/has beens. similar to duncan's 2003 team. no all star but loads of talent in parker and ginobili.

Zyudrunas Ilgauskas was an All-Star in 2002, I believe.
Shaq is obviously an All-Star.
Mo Williams made it, but as you said, a second alternate.
Antawn Jamison has been on an All-Star Team.

However, who, in their prime, made the All-Star team while teammates with Lebron? Mo Williams.

TheKingOfMIA6
07-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Zyudrunas Ilgauskas was an All-Star in 2002, I believe.
Shaq is obviously an All-Star.
Mo Williams made it, but as you said, a second alternate.
Antawn Jamison has been on an All-Star Team.

However, who, in their prime, made the All-Star team while teammates with Lebron? Mo Williams.

Only reason Mo made the All Star team because of someones injury and during the regular season he might have played like an all star but in the playoffs he was anti-all star.

Flo-Rida
07-16-2010, 09:29 PM
Only reason Mo made the All Star team because of someones injury and during the regular season he might have played like an all star but in the playoffs he was anti-all star.

And he excessive bitching .

TheSpursFNRule
07-16-2010, 10:34 PM
And he excessive bitching .

You mean his whole team excessively bitching.

Flo-Rida
07-16-2010, 10:38 PM
You mean his whole team excessively bitching.
Mo was by far the worst

cobbler
07-16-2010, 10:53 PM
Lebron himself was pissed Mo wasn't choosen to begin with.

I just love how all last year we hear how the Cavs have finally surrounded Lebron with the team to win it all. Then when they get Antwan and cheat to get Z back it was all "sweep the Lakers" talk. Now, after yet another failure due in part to the quit job, the supporting cast was shit and Bron tosses em under the buss for not stepping up in one of his 3 bad games as a Cav.

Absolutely precious!!!!

And when the Lakers take down the Heat this year we will hear the same. How can you expect them to win with minimum salary role players etc etc etc.

sribb43
07-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Matt Barnes is taking his skills north of the border...per Marc Stein

2yr $10 mil