PDA

View Full Version : What if Sonics are already planning against our adjustments?

Tom_Foolery
05-16-2005, 11:52 PM
They know the Spurs are going to concentrate very hard on pick & roll defense.

Does anyone else have the feeling Sonics maybe "a step ahead" and planning how to counter the Spurs pick & roll defense?

This could mean alot of open 3s.

Let's hope the crowd takes the Sonics out of their shooting rhythm because it's over if they start raining 3s. That will really rattle the Spurs overall defense as we wouldn't know what to defend first.

SequSpur
05-16-2005, 11:54 PM
Yeah Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee eeee..............

booth52
05-17-2005, 12:02 AM
But they don't know that we know that they know.... mwahahahaha!!! (pinky in mouth, left eyebrow arched)

Xolotl
05-17-2005, 12:03 AM
Let's hope the crowd takes the Sonics out of their shooting rhythm because it's over if they start raining 3s. That will really rattle the Spurs overall defense as we wouldn't know what to defend first.

Yeah I hope they give all those little white balloons to the crown, or the thunder sticks. That will teach them not to mess with the Spurs

Obstructed_View
05-17-2005, 02:38 AM
If the Spurs look as inept as they've been looking for a third straight game, I'm pulling out the "O" word that rhymes with "snoutcoached".

ladiesman
05-17-2005, 06:51 AM
They know the Spurs are going to concentrate very hard on pick & roll defense.

Does anyone else have the feeling Sonics maybe "a step ahead" and planning how to counter the Spurs pick & roll defense?

This could mean alot of open 3s.

With maybe 2 of their best 3 point shooters out, that is exactly what you want. The SPURS ARE the better team, they just have to play the part.

Samr
05-17-2005, 06:54 AM
I'd like to think this is a little like the Cuban Missile Crisis. Neither side knows what the other is going to do, and they're both scared. But in the end, the victory will still belong to US.

GrandeDavid
05-17-2005, 07:34 AM
In other words, what if McMillan continues to outcoach Popovich? Then the Spurs lose.

spur219
05-17-2005, 09:31 AM
They could be planning against the Spurs adjustments. But a smart coach will always work on a plan B and a plan C. So in case the Spurs solve the pick and roll defense and if the Sonics change their game plan well the Spurs already have some backup knowledge and how to react. Always plan for the unexpected.

MadDog73
05-17-2005, 09:42 AM
Yeah I hope they give all those little white balloons to the crown, or the thunder sticks. That will teach them not to mess with the Spurs

Oh no! Not the thundersticks! Sonics should just give up now! :lol

(yeah, I know you were being sarcastic)

Jimcs50
05-17-2005, 10:02 AM
Hey, DRob was using thoses thundersticks in game 2...and they worked.

:)

We actually need to hit them with big sticks, MASSive sticks tonight.

SPARKY
05-17-2005, 10:07 AM
What if you worry too much and need to get drunk and rub one out?

May 17, 2005

WHO YOU WITH?

bigzak25
05-17-2005, 10:10 AM
the adjustment needed is that our Spurs need to show some fire and some sac, some BigSac.

the seattle bigs will have less success on the picnroll if they are in foul trouble and sitting on the bench. which they will be our Big 3 come to play and attack like we're used to.

i'm disgusted at the problems the spurs are having. seattle has good shooters no doubt, but imagine the picnroll with nash/amare, billups/wallace, or wade/shaq.

get it fixed now Pop. thanks. :smokin

LilMissSPURfect
05-17-2005, 10:14 AM
What if the SPURS make them MAKE the adjustments.....

Play SPURS ball and we'll b ok..play sonic ball and We still ok....Play Defense and We thrash them!

Score:

SPURS 105
SONICS 78

:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

HB22inSA
05-17-2005, 10:31 AM
What if Sonics are already planning against our adjustments?
They do that for every game.

There are no more surprises here.

These teams have played each other 8 times already this year.

Just play.

nkdlunch
05-17-2005, 10:33 AM
I agree, no more surprises. The one who wants it the most will win.

wildbill2u
05-17-2005, 12:47 PM
the adjustment needed is that our Spurs need to show some fire and some sac, some BigSac.

the seattle bigs will have less success on the picnroll if they are in foul trouble and sitting on the bench. which they will be our Big 3 come to play and attack like we're used to.

i'm disgusted at the problems the spurs are having. seattle has good shooters no doubt, but imagine the picnroll with nash/amare, billups/wallace, or wade/shaq.

get it fixed now Pop. thanks. :smokin

It ain't the bigs that beat us--its their guard's shooting. When Ridenour shoots 100% and Allen makes 32, then I don't think we're gonna win on any court.

cherylsteele
05-17-2005, 01:10 PM
I feel the Spurs will win this game....but I think it will somewhat closer than many think.....the Sonics will come out pumped up and we need to weather the initial storm......I feel the Spurs will slowly pull away during the 4th quarter.

Spurs 101
Sonics 89