PDA

View Full Version : $12.5 million three-year deal with Ronnie Brewer to the Bulls

ace3g
07-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Marc Stein STEIN_LINE_HQ

RT @SamSmithHoops: Bulls have their starting two guard as NBA sources say they agree to $12.5 million three-year deal with Ronnie Brewer

lefty
07-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Overpaid

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Good deal :tu.

jermaine
07-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Fuck! I wanted him 4 the Spurs!

JMarkJohns
07-16-2010, 01:16 PM
I think it's a solid deal. Still has some potential, and should do very well in Thibodeau's defensive system.

lefty
07-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Has to improve his outside shooting though

JMarkJohns
07-16-2010, 01:19 PM

Yeah... but they have a chucker in Korver (and the pair have chemistry already). Rose is said to be improving his 3-point shot for post-up kickouts. Deng is adequate as well.

Bulls should look to add House and another shooter on the cheap for just depth.

lefty
07-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Yeah... but they have a chucker in Korver (and the pair have chemistry already). Rose is said to be improving his 3-point shot for post-up kickouts. Deng is adequate as well.

Bulls should look to add House and another shooter on the cheap for just depth.
Good point

mike20spurs
07-16-2010, 01:39 PM
bulls are getting really good

bostonguy
07-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Bulls are getting all former Jazz players. I just noticed that. First Boozer, then Korver, and now Brewer. :lol

tlongII
07-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Good deal. The Jazz are screwed.

JMarkJohns
07-16-2010, 02:04 PM

Brewer was traded to Grizzlies, who then drafted Henry in June, so just good deal...

Capt. Obvious
07-16-2010, 02:45 PM
There's no doubt about that, the Bulls only have one real shooter on the team in Korver. However, it looks like they will be focusing mostly on defense especially with Thibbs as the coach so Brewer is a good fit. If the Bulls just fill out the rest of the roster with a back-up PG and a few guys who can shoot the ball decently (Brad Miller?) I'd be happy with the off-season given the fact that they never really had a shot at Wade, LeBron, or Bosh.

RoddyBukkake
07-16-2010, 02:49 PM
he'll be like the reverse Ben Gordon

picc84
07-16-2010, 03:19 PM
So the Chicago Jazz now have signed two players who can only play on one end of the court.

Not good when you have Wade and Lebron ready to sodomize Kutcher the moment he steps on the court. And having watched the Lakers "defend" Brewer two years in a row in the playoffs, one of those two is going to be able to play some great help defense on Rose and the rest of the Bulls. You can completely ignore that guy on defense if you want to.

Good going, Chicago. Whoever authorized that Kirk Hinrich trade without some sort of commitment from the free agents should be fired.

tomtom
07-16-2010, 03:26 PM
Way better than Reddick deal

Darrin
07-16-2010, 03:30 PM
The 1998 version of me is crying and trying to stop me from typing. I think the Bulls may be my favorite team in the East next season.

spursfan1000
07-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Chicago Jazz!

boston.balla
07-16-2010, 04:56 PM
well chicago clearly plans to run alot .. which will not work well against orlando and miami.
Against us it's gonna work too good unfortunately, but against the real dangerous playoff teams like orl and mia this tactic will backfire.

we're not making another run that's for sure.

Girasuck
07-16-2010, 06:24 PM

How so? Oh wait...you're just saying this cause we screwed over your team again, right?

We replaced Korver with a younger version of himself in Hayward, who can actually do more than Korver could. We replaced Wes with a better shooter and someone who defends just as well as Wes can in Raja Bell, and we replaced Boozer with a better player in Jefferson, who will be even better than Boozer was in our system. All of this and we did it for cheaper than what Boozer, Korver, and Matthews signed for on other teams.

Yep, we're really screwed alright.

TheSpursFNRule
07-16-2010, 10:35 PM
How so? Oh wait...you're just saying this cause we screwed over your team again, right?

We replaced Korver with a younger version of himself in Hayward, who can actually do more than Korver could. We replaced Wes with a better shooter and someone who defends just as well as Wes can in Raja Bell, and we replaced Boozer with a better player in Jefferson, who will be even better than Boozer was in our system. All of this and we did it for cheaper than what Boozer, Korver, and Matthews signed for on other teams.

This. :toast

Your team looks good enough to keep Deron around for more years.

ffadicted
07-17-2010, 09:45 AM
I'm liking where the San Antonio Bulls are going, it's been a blast seeing the development of Rose so far, and now it looks like he'll have a legitimate team to carry, can't wait to see how he does under that pressure

Darrin
07-17-2010, 12:20 PM

Boozer was a good and willing passer. Jefferson has never shown the ability or desire to compliment his low-post moves with passing out of double-and-triple teams. So there goes the easy shots. Raja Bell is old. Wes Mathews still has upside. Hayward is an unproven commodity. You've been drinking the Kool-Aid. And I refuse to compliment a team that lost its second-best player by saying it was a "cost-cutting move" when they are paying 17 million to Andrei Kirilenko next season and haven't shown any desire to move him during this ridiculous contract.