PDA

View Full Version : Now Tiago doesn't have to be the MAN!

lotr1trekkie
07-16-2010, 05:26 PM
In all this hype about Splitter, it hasn't been mentioned that for the first time in his career Splitter is not required to be the centerpoint of his team. He will be only have to be that missing piece that allows the rest of the team to be better.
A bigger, taller, younger and more talented Fabricio. I'll take it. He will come to the Spurs with limited scoring expectations. Tony had 5 years of pro ball. Manu had 9 before he came to the Spurs at 25.
Maybe he won't be Blake Griffin this year but 3 years from now he might be the best big man in the league.
Three years ago a wussy, wimp named Gasol went to Lakers and he is now being considered HOF material. What happened? Surround talent with more talent and you get a synergistic effect.
Tiago has never played with A Tim, A Tony or A Manu. Should be like dying and going to heaven.

Bring on the MAGI

spursfan1000
07-16-2010, 05:32 PM
He will also be playing in a more talented league.

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-16-2010, 05:59 PM
Let me begin with a simple statement, Phuck Blake Griffin. I don't understand the preposterous comparison between BG and Splitter. Splitter has played in different leagues, gaining diverse experience and b-ball IQ. Splitter is going to be much better than Blake Griffin, and this I can guarantee you. Besides, not even three college superstars and finally get the clippers in the playoffs, much less a championship.

Splitter is going to make Pau Gasol look like Oberto. Being a better Oberto is not enough, Splitter has to follow in Duncan's footsteps, and then fill those shoes. Just like Duncan did with Robinson.

xellos88330
07-16-2010, 06:00 PM
He will also be playing in a more talented league.

Most likely he will be up against single coverage against their second best post defender.

Don't know about you, but I like those odds.

ChumpDumper
07-16-2010, 06:07 PM
He didn't have to be the MAN! until Scola left his team.

I'm glad he had the chance to be the MAN! before he came here.

MullinFan
07-16-2010, 06:46 PM
As many lay-ups we missed last season, im glad we finally got someone (with offensive skills) to grab a few for some easy put-backs!

Leonard Curse
07-16-2010, 07:11 PM
Most likely he will be up against single coverage against their second best post defender.

this. and instead of having teams come and double you night in and night out (still putting good #'s up btw) he will be left on his own against one "NBA" guy i also like the odds that

FilSpursFan
07-16-2010, 07:14 PM
You mean he will be on IL the whole season?

lotr1trekkie
07-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Splitter is probably the best player to cross the pond since Manu/Tony. Gasol sucked until LA. Wimp, pussy, Tim ate him alive. Kobe made him HOF material.
Hopefully, for Spurs fans, Splitter will be a super version of Oberto. I think he has a shot at that. he ain't Tim. If Kobe went down Pau couldn't carry the load. Great complement but not the MAN. This team will be led by the BIG 3. We really haven't had a 4th piece since Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_. Hopefully, Tiago is the man.

lotr1trekkie
07-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Have no idea about the last two lines. Sorry.

spursfan1000
07-16-2010, 08:48 PM
its eliot not Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

Obstructed_View
07-16-2010, 08:48 PM
He didn't have to be the MAN! until Scola left his team.

I'm glad he had the chance to be the MAN! before he came here.

Yep, I hope that experience made him that much more effective.

Obstructed_View
07-16-2010, 08:49 PM
its eliot not Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

Uh, no. You spelled it so wrong that it's not even recognized.

ELLIOTT. Lx2, Tx2.

Kermit
07-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Uh, no. You spelled it so wrong that it's not even recognized.

ELLIOTT. Lx2, Tx2.

:lmao

lotr1trekkie
07-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Thanks!

kaji157
07-16-2010, 09:16 PM
He just was "the man" these last 3 years.

AVman
07-16-2010, 09:21 PM
he better be the man with all this hype. $100 bucks he avgs
40pt,12.2rb,10.3ast http://serve.mysmiley.net/evilgrin/evilgrin0036.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)

peskypesky
07-17-2010, 10:08 AM

:toast:toast:toast

wut
07-17-2010, 10:38 AM
There's no way Splitter will live up to the hype put on him by many Spurs fans. I might add that while Manu and Parker were both awesome, both struggled with their games in the first season in the NBA. Parker couldn't even hit layups; it wasn't until his second season where he developed the ability to score down low.

But I have to admit, I'm kinda getting giddy thinking about a Splitter/Blair combo defensively.

You start with Duncan, McDyess, Parker, RJ..then bring in Hill, Manu, Blair, Splitter off the bench will make teams think: 'What just happened?'.

quentin_compson
07-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Even if Splitter will only be half as good as some here expect him to be, the Spurs will still be a much better team than they were last year (looking at the Bigmen situation, that is).

lotr1trekkie
07-17-2010, 03:07 PM
By mid-season I expect Tiago to be a double digit rebounder. His scoring will depend on the matchups. He needs court time as does Anderson. Pop needs to loosen up with playing non-vets. We have 2 years to get it done again and again.

Obstructed_View
07-17-2010, 04:48 PM
There's no way Splitter will live up to the hype put on him by many Spurs fans. I might add that while Manu and Parker were both awesome, both struggled with their games in the first season in the NBA.

Parker was 19 and given the starting job a week into the season, Manu had a severe ankle sprain just before the season started.

Silver&Black
07-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Hopefully, for Spurs fans, Splitter will be a super version of Oberto..

Is that a good thing or bad thing???

rascal
07-17-2010, 08:07 PM
By mid-season I expect Tiago to be a double digit rebounder. His scoring will depend on the matchups. He needs court time as does Anderson. Pop needs to loosen up with playing non-vets. We have 2 years to get it done again and again.

He won't average double digit rebounds. You will be disappointed in Splitter with your type of high expectations.

Slinkyman
07-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Let's see if Tiago even starts, since Pop is still the coach i can see Bonner being the starting for most of the season. Kinda hard to get double digit rebounds from the bench.

Agloco
07-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Maybe he won't be Blake Griffin this year but 3 years from now he might be the best big man in the league.

I don't see this happening. I think Splitters ceiling is Gasol-light.

Danny.Zhu
07-17-2010, 09:43 PM
In all this hype about Splitter, it hasn't been mentioned that for the first time in his career Splitter is not required to be the centerpoint of his team. He will be only have to be that missing piece that allows the rest of the team to be better.

Sounds familiar.

"For the first time in his career Richard Jefferson is not required to be the 1st, 2st or even 3rd go-to guy on his team. He will be only have to be that missing piece behind the big 3 that allows the rest of the team to be better."

BadMotorscooter
07-17-2010, 09:46 PM
If the man strives under pressure, why would you want to take your foot off the pedal? This is whats gonna hurt LeBron in Miami. He wont have the same pressure and will fold more and more often. You wont see him near as a ggressive as in Cleveland. Pop should tell Splitter out of the gate that he is gonna be a vital factor in if they win a championship or lose. No babysteps.