PDA

View Full Version : The Super Friends and Team USA

Venti Quattro
07-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Yes, Kobe took over that game versus Spain. The USA almost came close to losing that redeeming moment, if not for Mamba taking showing the Super Friends how to close out the scrambling Spanish Armada. But I have realized that is international competition, where one stroke of bad luck can send a powerful team careening out of the brackets or worse, the grouping stages. Same thing applies with the NCAA. But I don't see why some people, even fellow Lakers fans, point out that too much against the Super Friends. There's really some disconnect to me.

The format of the international competition exciting and shit, but it's not how the NBA format is played. I'm sure the 2006 Greek and the 2008 Spanish teams won't beat the Super Friends, as currently constructed, in a 7-game series. Or even four times in an NBA regular season. Neither will a good 80 percent of the NBA teams. I don't like these guys but I don't see why it's so much pointed out against them. It takes more than a stroke of luck to win a seven-game series. You have to grab it.

MiamiHeat
07-17-2010, 02:15 PM
4HgG6f5aeWM

Wade = Olympic MVP

07-17-2010, 04:12 PM
you mean that game where wade scored 27 pts, and kobe 20? where wade shot 75% and kobe 50%? kobe closed out by chucking a bunch of jump shots. wade closed it out by nailing a 3 pointer off a lebron drive and kick that finally pushed spain away.

kobe was his usual volume shooting self in the olympics. he chucked the most shots at 104 FG attempts yet was only third in scoring with lebron and wade ahead of him. the next person to take as many shots as him was lebron at 80 FG attempts. kobe was the third least efficient shooter after redd, williams, and melo on the entire team. if you take at least 20-30 more shots than everyone else, you should at least lead in scoring. wade was ridiculous in the olympics. he pretty much did the efficient scoring, played defense, and closed out games.

urunobili
07-17-2010, 05:25 PM
Agreed. Super Friends without Kobe would have choked again on the Olympics :)

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-17-2010, 05:35 PM
What we really need is Shaq and the Super Lakers.

HkjYfetLLZQ