PDA

View Full Version : Getting Divorced. Hell! To! The! Yes!

Strike
07-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Gave the signed papers to my lawyer yesterday. He promptly delivered them to the courthouse. Will be official in a month.

What a freaking load off my mind!

:downspin:

TDMVPDPOY
07-17-2010, 03:01 PM
pics of soon to be ex-wife

thispego
07-17-2010, 03:04 PM
LOL turning a divorce into a good thing

Strike
07-17-2010, 03:06 PM
It is for me. I've wanted it for a long time.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
07-17-2010, 03:13 PM
so she started fucking outside of your pathetic tootsie roll pee pee and you now play it off as a good thing.

ohhhhhhhhh fukkkk yeaaaaaaaaaaaa imma get divorced;;;imma playaaaaa immmaaaaaa playaaaaaaaa watch out club antro; imma get a new huurrrcut and fuck all these young sluts.

yeaaaaaaaaa

have fun getting drunk alone and jacking off often.

4>0rings
07-17-2010, 03:28 PM
^^ This guy is the worst troll ever.

tlongII
07-17-2010, 03:40 PM
How much $ is she getting?

Strike
07-17-2010, 03:46 PM
How much $ is she getting?

None. No alimony. She gets her stuff (the stuff she took when she moved out) and I get my stuff. I don't have to give her or pay her anything. Only financial responsibility is legal costs, which I paid since I wanted the divorce. Her debts are hers, my debts are mine. We have no assets to split up and we have no kids.

Frenzy
07-17-2010, 04:05 PM
None. No alimony. She gets her stuff (the stuff she took when she moved out) and I get my stuff. I don't have to give her or pay her anything. Only financial responsibility is legal costs, which I paid since I wanted the divorce. Her debts are hers, my debts are mine. We have no assets to split up and we have no kids.

Like it never happened huh...that's the best kind.

balli
07-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Awesome :tu :tu Welcome back to life.

Das Texan
07-17-2010, 04:29 PM
What was the point of getting married then.

DesignatedT
07-17-2010, 04:38 PM
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuckin hoes.

Strike
07-17-2010, 04:40 PM
It was what I thought I wanted when I was younger and dumber. 10 years later, I realize that I didn't really want to be married. I did it in part because I thought it was you had to do. Meet someone, get married, have a family, all that shit. We were really not right for each other but I refused to see it.

760Spursfan
07-17-2010, 04:43 PM

^this

Strike
07-17-2010, 04:50 PM
What is the point of anyone getting married?

Frenzy
07-17-2010, 04:53 PM

What's the point of eating if your just gonna shit it out all later?

Take what you can from it and move on.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-17-2010, 05:02 PM
lol criticizing someone for getting divorced

Divorce is a really shitty part of life, but it is what it is. Taking a situation for what it is and getting a divorce beats the hell out of throwing away years and years of your life because you're scared of being single and don't wanna admit your marriage isn't working. As much as I wish I had parents who didn't get divorced when I was 5, I'd take that over them staying together and being miserable the whole time.

dirk4mvp
07-17-2010, 05:11 PM
As much as I wish I had parents who didn't get divorced when I was 5, I'd take that over them staying together and being miserable the whole time.

Agree son. My folks got divorced when I was 8 and it's probably worked out better for everyone that they did instead of staying together, imho.

Strike
07-17-2010, 05:38 PM
lol criticizing someone for getting divorced

Divorce is a really shitty part of life, but it is what it is. Taking a situation for what it is and getting a divorce beats the hell out of throwing away years and years of your life because you're scared of being single and don't wanna admit your marriage isn't working. As much as I wish I had parents who didn't get divorced when I was 5, I'd take that over them staying together and being miserable the whole time.

Exactly. I'd already wasted too many years on a marriage that was probably doomed from the start. After 2 years, I moved out and thought about divorce but went back. 4 years later, the same thing. I regret not ending it the first time I left. But it is what it is. I'm just glad we never had kids. I was lucky to grow up in a house with two parents who are devoted to each other and have been happily married 40+ years. But I have many, many friends who weren't so lucky. I'd never want to bring that kind of trauma into a child's life.

Oh well. Never again for this kid. I've come to the conclusion that marriage is an outdated institution anyway. Nothing you can't get out of a state sanctioned contract that you can't get from a loving, committed relationship.

Spursfan092120
07-17-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm going through a divorce right now. I asked for it..I wanted it. Even though I know it's what's best, there's still pain. It takes a lot of time to get used to that person not being around. My process is almost over...court date is not this Thursday but next Thursday..I still haven't gotten used to not seeing her. Even though you want it, and it's what's best...the hard part is after the fact. Good luck to you, Strike. I hope everything turns out good for you.

hitmanyr2k
07-17-2010, 08:09 PM
You have kids these days getting married at ages 18-25 which I've always found stupid. At ages 18-23 you've barely started living yet and most people that age are still dumber than dirt and make a ton of mistakes because they're not mature enough. I say live your young years as carefree as you can and then around age 30-34 maybe you can start settling down a bit...if anyone will have you :lol

If you're still acting "young, dumb, and full of cum" around age 35 then there's no hope for you.

redzero
07-17-2010, 08:22 PM
LOL turning a divorce into a good thing

If the marriage sucked, how is divorce not a good thing?

Leetonidas
07-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Agree son. My folks got divorced when I was 8 and it's probably worked out better for everyone that they did instead of staying together, imho.

Likewise, but when I was 4. Financially, not really because my mom was never good with managing money and my dad made way more than her. But it's all good. :tu

redzero
07-17-2010, 08:27 PM

My parents officially divorced when I was eight. Is this going to turn into one of those threads? :cry

BlackSwordsMan
07-17-2010, 08:40 PM
lets turn gay together to show that bitch ex-wife of yours

eyeh8u
07-17-2010, 09:32 PM
a generation of lost children

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-17-2010, 09:35 PM
And truthfully there is a silver lining to when parents get divorced during a kid's childhood, overall it's bad but it prepares them for life in certain ways. A lot of my friends who grew up in picture perfect American households handle adversity horribly because they didn't have any of it growing up. If a kid goes through a divorce early on in childhood but late enough to understand what divorce is, he/she usually learns that stuff doesn't always work out as well as one would hope.

Capt Bringdown
07-17-2010, 09:56 PM
And truthfully there is a silver lining to when parents get divorced during a kid's childhood, overall it's bad but it prepares them for life in certain ways.

I'm guessing this is straight BS from a social science perspective. It certainly is from a common sense point of view.

Children in a stable and loving committed family situation are more equipped to deal with life's obstacles and problems IMO. For example, look at the damage divorce often causes to the extended family relations. These relations are critical to a child's development.

marini martini
07-17-2010, 10:50 PM
Gave the signed papers to my lawyer yesterday. He promptly delivered them to the courthouse. Will be official in a month.

What a freaking load off my mind!

:downspin:

Congratulations & welcome to freedom!!! The first divorce is the hardest, the second one is a piece of cake!!!:toast

IronMexican
07-17-2010, 11:00 PM
Parents are overrated. I think they do more damage than good in a lot of cases.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-17-2010, 11:02 PM
I'm guessing this is straight BS from a social science perspective. It certainly is from a common sense point of view.

Children in a stable and loving committed family situation are more equipped to deal with life's obstacles and problems IMO. For example, look at the damage divorce often causes to the extended family relations. These relations are critical to a child's development.

You must have missed the "overall bad" part. Divorce fucks up a child's development in many ways as you said, but it's my view that divorce helps kids out in certain ways. Again, the negatives far outweigh the positives, and I only think this silver lining occurs for a certain age range, I'm just basing it off what I've seen as someone who went through a really shitty divorce as a kid and knows a good mix of people who have/don't have divorced parents.

Greg Oden
07-17-2010, 11:03 PM
My parents officially divorced when I was eight. Is this going to turn into one of those threads? :cry

We're alike, you and me :cry

Except I don't like the Ann Frank loving homo.

IronMexican
07-17-2010, 11:05 PM
Mine broke up when I was 5. My mom was a crazy bitch. Better off without those.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-17-2010, 11:07 PM

I think when a kid grows up with a dad who makes a good living and a mom who can stay at home, pick the kid up from school everyday, attend every PTA meeting, inflate the kids' self esteem whenever he/she needs it, and has cookies made everyday the kid is done with school (exaggeration but you get my point), it gives the kid a false sense that life is perfect and nothing will ever go wrong. There are countless cases of people I know who grew up like this and flamed out once they left for college.

thispego
07-17-2010, 11:54 PM
If the marriage sucked, how is divorce not a good thing?
It's a failed endeavor. Nothing to gloat about on a message board.

marini martini
07-18-2010, 12:12 AM
:lightbulb

New idea for a thread!!!:toast

Strike
07-18-2010, 06:00 AM

Who's gloating?

I. Hustle
07-18-2010, 01:48 PM
I didn't think gay marriage was legal here

MookieCrew
07-18-2010, 03:44 PM

I don't know what it is but lil' mo is dumping smegma all over the Club.

Divorce is so mainstream now that it's lamer than non radio eminem I saaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddddd. Getting divorced means you have to go to the sidelines and talk to the olllllllllllllllllllll ball coach efter det one.

JoeChalupa
07-18-2010, 04:04 PM
What is the point of anyone getting married?

Because one wants to and is in love and wants to spend the rest of their lives with that person. Getting married is one of the happiest days of my life.
Sorry things didn't work out for you all but maybe one day you'll find someone who who will make you want to take that step again...then again, maybe not.
Good luck!!!

JoeChalupa
07-18-2010, 04:08 PM

My parents rock!!! Perfect? No. They have always been there for me during the best of times and the worse of times. Yeah, my dad was old school when I was young and didn't do a lot of hugging and saying "I love you" like more dads do today but I never doubted his love for me. My mom is still one of my closest confidants whom I can share anything with. These days I cherish every moment I get to spend with them.

Strike
07-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Because one wants to and is in love and wants to spend the rest of their lives with that person. Getting married is one of the happiest days of my life.
Sorry things didn't work out for you all but maybe one day you'll find someone who who will make you want to take that step again...then again, maybe not.
Good luck!!!

Well, in my opinion, you can be in love and spend the rest of your life with someone without the contract. Having the contract just makes it more of a pain in the balls to end it if need be. I used to be pro-marriage, whatever you want to call it. Now I just feel it is unnecessary. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trashing you or anyone's belief. If getting the contract is important to you and you want to do it, great. I just don't see the need for it and I don't see myself ever doing it again.

If I end up being with someone that I feel I want to spend my life with, I'll do it without the contract. If the woman I'm with can't handle that, sorry and good-bye. Could that doom me to a life lived alone? Maybe. But that's what I'm willing to risk.

Anyway, more power to all of you who got married or will get married in the future. For those of you who will get married, my advice is two-fold:
1. Get a pre-nup. Even if you have nothing.
2. Don't get married on a whim. Put time in, 2 years minimum in my opinion, into a relationship before you even think about marriage.

Good luck!

gatoloco
07-18-2010, 08:41 PM
Well, in my opinion, you can be in love and spend the rest of your life with someone without the contract. Having the contract just makes it more of a pain in the balls to end it if need be. I used to be pro-marriage, whatever you want to call it. Now I just feel it is unnecessary. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trashing you or anyone's belief. If getting the contract is important to you and you want to do it, great. I just don't see the need for it and I don't see myself ever doing it again.

If I end up being with someone that I feel I want to spend my life with, I'll do it without the contract. If the woman I'm with can't handle that, sorry and good-bye. Could that doom me to a life lived alone? Maybe. But that's what I'm willing to risk.

Anyway, more power to all of you who got married or will get married in the future. For those of you who will get married, my advice is two-fold:
1. Get a pre-nup. Even if you have nothing.
2. Don't get married on a whim. Put time in, 2 years minimum in my opinion, into a relationship before you even think about marriage.

Good luck!

Good luck to you and your ex-wife as well.

I am sorry that you two did not stay together.

Marriage is about faith in each other and letting go of our own selfish desires.

It is a contract in and of itself...a contract of love.

I don't know which of you gave up first, or if it was a mutual decision.

However, when you next meet a woman that you truly love, you should not hesitate to happily give her the marriage of her dreams, as it is what almost every girl dreams of.

And why wouldn't you want to give the woman you love the day she has dreamed about her whole life and celebrate with all of your family and friends your blessed union?

As long as you don't give up on love, you will survive. Take care my friend.

She is out there.

XfuBREMXxts

mavs>spurs2
07-18-2010, 08:46 PM
good choice op, bitches aint shit but hoes and tricks

Triumph
07-18-2010, 08:56 PM
good choice op, bitches aint shit but hoes and tricks

Yes, Yes, I could not agree more with this post, however, I wonder, which are you?

A hoe or a trick? And do you enjoy getting pooped on?

mavs>spurs2
07-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Yes, Yes, I could not agree more with this post, however, I wonder, which are you?

A hoe or a trick? And do you enjoy getting pooped on?

lol spurstalk's most hated poster, i still got it!!!

Triumph
07-18-2010, 09:06 PM
lol spurstalk's most hated poster, i still got it!!!

Yes, Yes, my friend, but your self proclamation, not with-standing, could you please answer the question at hand? I have a growler ready to go and as you may or may not know, my bowel control is not what it used to be.

mavs>spurs2
07-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Yes, Yes, my friend, but your self proclamation, not with-standing, could you please answer the question at hand? I have a growler ready to go and as you may or may not know, my bowel control is not what it used to be.

no one has ever been dumb enough to try something retarded as attempting to shit on me, so i really can't answer your question, although it would probably result in your being rushed to the ER with your head caved in, tbh

thispego
07-18-2010, 09:24 PM
So was your ex-wife fucking around on you or what, strike?

Triumph
07-18-2010, 09:35 PM
no one has ever been dumb enough to try something retarded as attempting to shit on me, so i really can't answer your question, although it would probably result in your being rushed to the ER with your head caved in, tbh

Good. I didn't think that it was something you would enjoy, however, in that case, I humbly suggest that you stop sending out the invitations.

Take care, my friend.

mavs>spurs2
07-18-2010, 09:36 PM
Good. I didn't think that it was something you would enjoy, however, in that case, I humbly suggest that you stop sending out the invitations.

Take care, my friend.

take it easy scro, hope the mookie crew allows you to join soon :tu good luck

ChuckD
07-18-2010, 10:05 PM
I think when a kid grows up with a dad who makes a good living and a mom who can stay at home, pick the kid up from school everyday, attend every PTA meeting, inflate the kids' self esteem whenever he/she needs it, and has cookies made everyday the kid is done with school (exaggeration but you get my point), it gives the kid a false sense that life is perfect and nothing will ever go wrong. There are countless cases of people I know who grew up like this and flamed out once they left for college.

The highlighted part is what doesn't prepare them for the world. I grew up in a two parent household with a stay at home mom, and was NOT unprepared for the world. I got grounded for doing poorly at school or not doing chores, and if there was an issue with me and a teacher, my parents asked the teacher what I had to do to make it right. My parents did support me, but didn't hesitate to bust my chops when I fucked up.

JoeChalupa
07-19-2010, 08:42 AM
the highlighted part is what doesn't prepare them for the world. I grew up in a two parent household with a stay at home mom, and was not unprepared for the world. I got grounded for doing poorly at school or not doing chores, and if there was an issue with me and a teacher, my parents asked the teacher what i had to do to make it right. My parents did support me, but didn't hesitate to bust my chops when i fucked up.

+1

Sportcamper
07-19-2010, 09:12 AM
I am not judging your marital situation, relationships are tough, people make mistakes... I do question why you have no assets after 10 years of marriage…No house, cars, savings, retirement account?

Sounds like your ex will not have to work too hard to move up the food chain…

mrsmaalox
07-19-2010, 09:34 AM
Strike, I know it's been really rough for you getting to this point. Congrats on the fresh start, I wish you the best :toast

SpursWoman
07-19-2010, 10:13 AM
If I hadn't gotten out of a terrible first marriage, it's hard to imagine I'd be anywhere close to being as happy or life nearly as good as it is today.

Mistakes happen ... it's always best to just learn from them and move on. Good luck!

SpursStalker
07-19-2010, 11:21 AM
Congrats to ya ...

Hope things finally go the way you want them too.

:toast

Strike
07-19-2010, 11:29 AM
I am not judging your marital situation, relationships are tough, people make mistakes... I do question why you have no assets after 10 years of marriage…No house, cars, savings, retirement account?

Sounds like your ex will not have to work too hard to move up the food chain…

Bad choices, professionally and personally when I was younger that took years to work my way out of. I've just recently gotten to the point where I'm no longer living paycheck to paycheck so the savings and retirement are starting to be built. And I do own a car and, though it's not worth much, it serves my needs. I'm about a year away from being completely debt free, at which point I will get a new car and I'm already saving for a down payment on a house. My twenties were full of hard times that were mostly self inflicted.

One reason why I stayed married for so long was financial necessity. I couldn't make it on my own. But I've grown up a lot this past decade. The ex, on the other hand has not. She's the exact same person she was when we married. My station in life and standard of living will increase over the next few years. Can't say the same about hers. And if she finds someone richer, more successful or better than me, fine. More power to her.

I'm happy to be rid of her. She will likely become someone else's headache. Nice try cracking on me, though.

Strike, I know it's been really rough for you getting to this point. Congrats on the fresh start, I wish you the best :toast

If I hadn't gotten out of a terrible first marriage, it's hard to imagine I'd be anywhere close to being as happy or life nearly as good as it is today.

Mistakes happen ... it's always best to just learn from them and move on. Good luck!

Congrats to ya ...

Hope things finally go the way you want them too.:toast

Thanks to the three of you. I've never been as excited about my future as I am now.

Sportcamper
07-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Admitting that you made mistakes & making a plan to correct them means that you are on the road to better success…Living with a person who never admits that they are wrong is unbearable…Good luck with your fresh start…And drive that old car in the ground… :tu

Strike
07-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Admitting that you made mistakes & making a plan to correct them means that you are on the road to better success…Living with a person who never admits that they are wrong is unbearable…Good luck with your fresh start…And drive that old car in the ground… :tu

This. Totally my situation. Always blaming things on other people. Never her fault. :bang It's amazing I don't drink like a fish.