PDA

View Full Version : Examples of Obama being an elitist

spursncowboys
07-17-2010, 04:13 PM
1. Obama uses a jet to deliver his dog.

Arriving in a small jet before the Obamas was the first dog, Bo, a Portuguese water dog given as a present by the late U.S. Sen Ted Kennedy, D-Mass.; and the president's personal aide Reggie Love, who chatted with Baldacci.

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/white-house-wanderers-tour-acadia_2010-07-16.html

ChumpDumper
07-17-2010, 04:15 PM
I bet he knows how to spell elitist as well.

The bastard.

George Gervin's Afro
07-17-2010, 07:15 PM
How dare he enjoy the finer things in life... I thought you guys were rich people nut huggers...

DMX7
07-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Clarification: Today's story about the arrival of the Obamas said the Obama's dog and one aide arrived on a small jet before the First Family, but there were other occupants on the plane, including several other staffers. The presidential party took two small jets to the Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport in Trenton because the airport was too small to accommodate the president's usual jet.

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/white-house-wanderers-tour-acadia_2010-07-16.html

baseline bum
07-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Great thread sc.

DMX7
07-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Typical conservative thread though. Grasping at straws and then getting PWNED in the process.

spursncowboys
07-17-2010, 07:49 PM
I didn't get pwn'd. it is an example of how he is an elitist. I am going to put small stories that IMO wouldn't get much discussion. It would be filled with the cheerleader crowd who apologize and minimalize when your boyfriend shows his true colors. But making a nice collection of them in one post will work. I could ask if you keith olbermannites could keep your shtick out of this. For instance DMX's first is the only one of five responses that wasn't like a girl defending their loser boyfriend.

spursncowboys
07-17-2010, 08:00 PM
"Barack Obama prefers private education for his daughters but won't give DC parents the same opportunity,"

"We don't have enough slots for every child to go into a parochial school or a private school. And what you would see is a huge drain of resources out of the public schools." -The Chosen One
http://www.catholic.org/politics/story.php?id=28382

George Gervin's Afro
07-17-2010, 08:00 PM
I didn't get pwn'd. it is an example of how he is an elitist. I am going to put small stories that IMO wouldn't get much discussion. It would be filled with the cheerleader crowd who apologize and minimalize when your boyfriend shows his true colors. But making a nice collection of them in one post will work. I could ask if you keith olbermannites could keep your shtick out of this. For instance DMX's first is the only one of five responses that wasn't like a girl defending their loser boyfriend.

what's to defend?

DMX7
07-17-2010, 08:10 PM
I didn't get pwn'd. it is an example of how he is an elitist.

Yeah, you did.

Did you read the paper's clarification? The airport was too small to accommodate President Obama's usual jet; therefore he and his staffers had to take two smaller jets. His dog just happened to be in the first jet with several other staffers. It's not like they commissioned a separate jet for the sole purpose of transporting his dog, which is how you were trying to characterize it. Is it elitist to bring a dog on a plane? If so, George W. Bush would like to have a talk with you.

:lmao

spursncowboys
07-17-2010, 08:13 PM
Yeah, you did.

Did you read the paper's clarification? The airport was too small to accommodate President Obama's usual jet; therefore he and his staffers had to take two smaller jets. His dog just happened to be in the first jet with several other staffers. It's not like they commissioned a separate jet for the sole purpose transporting his dog, which is how you were trying to characterize it. Is it elitist to bring a dog on a plane? If so, George W. Bush would like to have a talk with you.

I love your adding and making assumptions to this. Were you there? :lol

baseline bum
07-17-2010, 08:17 PM
Who's defending anyone? Obama's almost as big a douchebag as you.

ChumpDumper
07-17-2010, 08:28 PM
I didn't get pwn'd.You got annihilated.

By your own link.

George Gervin's Afro
07-17-2010, 08:44 PM
what's to defend?

spursncowboys
07-17-2010, 08:46 PM
:lmao bum is an allstar too. You both show in this post what you bring to this forum every day-garbage. If you cheerleaders think I got pwnd, fine-make a post topic on it. Just stop doing your normal routine of creating 5 pages with your worthless garbage. IMO pwn is usually from facts. this is an opinion if you believe taking an extra plane for aides and your pet to your seventh vacation in two years is a sign of elitism or not. I think it does.

George Gervin's Afro
07-17-2010, 08:46 PM

http://www.catholic.org/politics/story.php?id=28382

so what?

George Gervin's Afro
07-17-2010, 08:48 PM
:lmao bum is an allstar too. You both show in this post what you bring to this forum every day-garbage. If you cheerleaders think I got pwnd, fine-make a post topic on it. Just stop doing your normal routine of creating 5 pages with your worthless garbage. IMO pwn is usually from facts. this is an opinion if you believe taking an extra plane for aides and your pet to your seventh vacation in two years is a sign of elitism or not. I think it does.

now you're making asummptions....:lmao

after you criticized someone for making assumptions...

pwned!

ChumpDumper
07-17-2010, 08:51 PM
now you're making asummptions....:lmao

after you criticized someone for making assumptions...

pwned!His initial post was also an assumption.

pwned!

boutons_deux
07-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Just another ignorant, pathetic, right-wing ankle-biter, like Yoni.

cherylsteele
07-18-2010, 04:27 AM
I love your adding and making assumptions to this. Were you there? :lol

Here is the clarification inset on that article in the link above:
Clarification: Today's story about the arrival of the Obamas said the Obama's dog and one aide arrived on a small jet before the First Family, but there were other occupants on the plane, including several other staffers. The presidential party took two small jets to the Hancock County-Bar Harbor Airport in Trenton because the airport was too small to accommodate the president's usual jet.

His dog happened to be on the same jet as several other staffers. Of course after you were called out earlier you just ignore the clarification.

Winehole23
07-18-2010, 06:49 AM
Isn't being the US president like being the de facto leader of the world's most powerful elite, or something? Isn't that like calling the sky blue or or the grass green?

Winehole23
07-18-2010, 06:49 AM
You know: gnomic poetry (http://www.jstor.org/pss/27713941)....

Winehole23
07-18-2010, 06:51 AM
I mean, really. What other answer could there be? Is water wet?

Winehole23
07-18-2010, 07:20 AM
http://cynnabar.thedancingmaster.net/singing/myeditions/sumer_is_icumen_in/manuscript.jpg

spursncowboys
07-18-2010, 07:45 AM

Here is the clarification inset on that article in the link above:

His dog happened to be on the same jet as several other staffers. Of course after you were called out earlier you just ignore the clarification.
that article was already posted. I still don't think it is a game changer.

spursncowboys
07-18-2010, 07:48 AM
WH: please don't do the 5 psts after another. I do agree that being the leader of the world, elected by american electorates, is an elite title and accomplishment. But you know what I am refering to and to the definition I am using.

ploto
07-18-2010, 08:45 AM
Barack Obama prefers private education for his daughters but won't give DC parents the same opportunity.

Other parents in DC send their kids to private school. They just do not do it with tax payer dollars.

spursncowboys
07-18-2010, 09:05 AM
Every kid goes to school with tax payer dollars. The private school is just cheaper and more beneficial.

George Gervin's Afro
07-18-2010, 09:07 AM
"Barack Obama prefers private education for his daughters but won't give DC parents the same opportunity,"

has obama shut down admissions offices? If DC parents can afford priate educations, can't they still go to private school?

George Gervin's Afro
07-18-2010, 09:08 AM
Every kid goes to school with tax payer dollars. The private school is just cheaper and more beneficial.

private schools cheaper than public schools?

spursncowboys
07-18-2010, 09:09 AM
the Anointed One

The Illinois Senator told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel: "If there was any argument for vouchers, it was 'Alright, let's see if this experiment works,' and if it does, then whatever my preconceptions, my attitude is you do what works for the kids," the senator said.

"I will not allow my predispositions to stand in the way of making sure that our kids can learn. We're losing several generations of kids and something has to be done."

George Gervin's Afro
07-18-2010, 09:11 AM
who annointed him as the chosen one? You keep referring to him using the same description? why do you keep making stuff up?

Stringer_Bell
07-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Barack Obama prefers private education for his daughters but won't give DC parents the same opportunity.

If Health Insurance isn't provided for everyone, then why should private education be provided for everyone? Perhaps if enough people die, we may have enough slots for everyone in the private school system...it's all starting to make sense! Population control by limiting resources FTW. Thanks, Chosen One!

DarrinS
07-18-2010, 03:02 PM
who annointed him as the chosen one?

Oprah

DarrinS
07-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Aren't all Harvard and Yale grads elitists?

Stringer_Bell
07-18-2010, 03:42 PM

Negative. Not all of them.

GW Bush graduated with a Yale B.A. and a Harvard M.B.A. He's not an elitist, he'd a good ol' boy that lives on a ranch and does ranchy thingies like REAL Americans do. :greedy

boutons_deux
07-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Elitist?

I raise you two terrorist fist bumps, and the Clinton WH Christmas card list.

I'm reading where car thief Issa will shutdown the Exec with 1000s of bogus subpoenas if Repugs win House majority.

The last things the Repugs and right-wingers want Dems or Repugs to do is actually govern.

elitist? The whole fucking DC establishment is elitist, millionaires damn near every one of them. That's the primary reason they all want office, the salary, the corruption, the lobbyist jobs, the perks, the lifetime 5-star health care, the 5-star pension. It's called a plutocracy.

DMX7
07-18-2010, 08:15 PM

Is that sarcasm?

George Gervin's Afro
07-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Is that sarcasm?

According to the dead enders Glen Beck U > Ivy League education

George Gervin's Afro
07-18-2010, 08:25 PM

has obama shut down admissions offices? If DC parents can afford priate educations, can't they still go to private school?

Winehole23
07-19-2010, 12:01 AM
WH: please don't do the 5 psts after another.Two of those posts were mildly informative (see the links), yours so far are all argumentative.

I do agree that being the leader of the world, elected by american electorates, is an elite title and accomplishment. But you know what I am refering to and to the definition I am using.Your rhetorical gambit is lame. US Presidents are elitists par excellence (http://www.merriam-webster.com/netdict/par%20excellence).

:wakeup

cherylsteele
07-19-2010, 12:51 AM
that article was already posted. I still don't think it is a game changer.
Of course you don't think it a "game changer"
You had already made up your mind even before the clarification. You and a few others (on both sides of political spetrum) here ignore the facts, they just spew rhetoric.

I don't really like Obama but I do recognize the non-issue this particular time.

admiralsnackbar
07-19-2010, 01:18 AM

Don't know how much time you've spent in DC, but I'm gonna make an easy bet and say it's easier to secure the daughters of the most powerful man in the country at a private school. I'll also go out on a limb and say no president in the 20th Century and thereafter, with school-age children at their time of service, has sent his children to a public school.

Winehole23
07-19-2010, 01:26 AM
Certain things just aren't done.

Amy Carter attended Washington, DC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington,_DC), public schools,[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Carter#cite_note-chicago_tribune-0) including Stevens Elementary School and Hardy Middle School (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardy_Middle_School_%28Washington,_D.C.%29) as well as Tri-County High School in Buena Vista, GA

admiralsnackbar
07-19-2010, 01:28 AM
Certain things just aren't done.

Well darn my socks -- I should've known better. :lol

Winehole23
07-19-2010, 01:32 AM
Somehow, I dimly recalled that about Amy Carter. She was my first search.

bigzak25
07-19-2010, 01:55 AM
Firstly, I don't understand how traveling in a plane and having a dog make one an elitist.

Secondly, regarding his children's education, I can't say I would not do the same if I had the means. However, I hope our President feels an obligation to raise the standard of teaching and the safety of the environment in all public schools for all of the children that are not able to attend private institutions.

I'm not sure what his plans are for that.

boutons_deux
07-19-2010, 04:50 AM
"President feels an obligation to raise the standard of teaching and the safety of the environment in all public schools"

He's President, not King.

Policing public schools is the "right" of the local police, not even state police, and certainly not the Federal police. "states' rights", and all that racist bubba hokum.

boutons_deux
07-19-2010, 04:53 AM
Elitism is just another right-wing bogus issue of distraction.

All the politicians have to be rich and get richer after elected, aka, the plutocratic elite.

Multi-millionaire celebrity pitbull bitch/mama grizzly/fake-politician is a private-jet-flying elitist so loved by her Real America.

WalterSobchak
07-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Nothing to see here. Just a Sean Hannity fan spewing the same rhetoric he saw on Fox News.

"Anointed One" is a term spewed on the Hannity show nightly.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/sean-hannity-gets-called-out-on-his-anointed-one-obama-nickname/ (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/sean-hannity-gets-called-out-on-his-anointed-one-obama-nickname/)

jack sommerset
07-19-2010, 01:08 PM
I read the article. Beckel got schooled.

George Gervin's Afro
07-19-2010, 01:23 PM
I read the article. Beckel got schooled.

And sean hannity makes stuff up.. just like you dummy..

jack sommerset
07-19-2010, 01:27 PM
And sean hannity makes stuff up.. just like you dummy..

I love the fact you have no humility. Anyways maybe Hannity picked up on it from Clintons speech.

9pPV1yd7sQg

George Gervin's Afro
07-19-2010, 02:37 PM
I love the fact you have no humility. Anyways maybe Hannity picked up on it from Clintons speech.

9pPV1yd7sQg

Obama never claimed to be the 'chosen' or 'annointed' one... for people to mock him for something he had nothing to do with is weak and intellectually dishonest...

spursncowboys
07-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Of course you don't think it a "game changer"
You had already made up your mind even before the clarification. You and a few others (on both sides of political spetrum) here ignore the facts, they just spew rhetoric.

I don't really like Obama but I do recognize the non-issue this particular time.
It didn't take a clarification for me to realize that obama had his aides, alongside his dog, fill a second plane for his seventh vacation. Name when I ignore facts. I imagine the "others" are also people a. disagree with politically and b. aren't in your forum insider group.

spursncowboys
07-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Secondly, regarding his children's education, I can't say I would not do the same if I had the means. However, I hope our President feels an obligation to raise the standard of teaching and the safety of the environment in all public schools for all of the children that are not able to attend private institutions.

I'm not sure what his plans are for that. Did you not read the quotes from my previous post?

DMX7
07-19-2010, 05:50 PM
for his seventh vacation.

Talk about selective memory. No other President in United States history took more days on vacation than George W. Bush. Now suddenly, it's noteworthy.

George Gervin's Afro
07-19-2010, 05:52 PM
It didn't take a clarification for me to realize that obama had his aides, alongside his dog, fill a second plane for his seventh vacation. Name when I ignore facts. I imagine the "others" are also people a. disagree with politically and b. aren't in your forum insider group.

What does his 7th v acation have to do with his dog?

spursncowboys
07-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Talk about selective memory. No other President in United States history took more days on vacation than George W. Bush. Now suddenly, it's noteworthy.
was it noteworthy for you when w. did it? Also going home isn't the same as going to maine, new york or europe. I bet you were one of them that counted how many times w. played golf too and now it's ok when your own team does it. barry also said it wasn't going to be business as usual so the whole "they did it so it's ok" doesn't really work well.

spursncowboys
07-19-2010, 05:57 PM
What does his 7th v acation have to do with his dog?

did I say it did.

clambake
07-19-2010, 06:01 PM
you started this thread.........and now you end up crying.

i think thats marvelous!

DMX7
07-19-2010, 06:08 PM
was it noteworthy for you when w. did it?

Yeah, because he broke the record. Obama isn't even close to the number of days W. spent doing shit.

Also going home isn't the same as going to maine, new york or europe.

It's the exact same fucking thing. Don't think for a second that Bush was working hard for the 487 days he spent at his Camp David retreat or the 490 days he spent in Crawford clearing brush and playing golf.

I'm sorry if George W. Bush's famous work ethic hasn't earned him the benefit of the doubt from me.

spursncowboys
07-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Yeah, because he broke the record. Obama isn't even close to the number of days W. spent doing shit. barrry golfed more in one year than w. did in eight.

It's the exact same fucking thing. Don't think for a second that Bush was working hard for the 487 days he spent at his Camp David retreat or the 490 days he spent in Crawford clearing brush and playing golf.

I'm sorry if George W. Bush's famous work ethic hasn't earned him the benefit of the doubt from me.it costed the tax payers less. No going home is not the same thing as going to a different location. Do you realize what the secret service has to do everytime they go somewhere?

spursncowboys
07-19-2010, 06:15 PM
where did you get the 490 and 487 numbers btw?

clambake
07-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Do you realize what the secret service has to do everytime they go somewhere?

yeah, they have to do the same thing every time, wherever they go.

spursncowboys
07-19-2010, 06:23 PM
yeah, they have to do the same thing every time, wherever they go.

the cost of securing white house west (crawford) is not the same price as manhattan.
:lol

clambake
07-19-2010, 06:23 PM
the cost of securing white house west (crawford) is not the same price as manhattan.
:lol

show us the numbers.

DMX7
07-19-2010, 06:26 PM
barrry golfed more in one year than w. did in eight.

Which has NOTHING to do with how much time he spent on vacation.

it costed the tax payers less. No going home is not the same thing as going to a different location. Do you realize what the secret service has to do everytime they go somewhere?

149 trips to his presidential retreat and 77 trips to his home in Texas might have ended up costing more.

where did you get the 490 and 487 numbers btw?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-4728085-503544.html

Winehole23
07-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Rising above the fray?

Winehole23
07-19-2010, 06:55 PM
Or:

Logomachy

n. A war in which the weapons are words and the wounds
punctures in the swim-bladder of self-esteem -- a kind of contest in
which, the vanquished being unconscious of defeat, the victor is
denied the reward of success.

'Tis said by divers of the scholar-men
That poor Salmasius died of Milton's pen.
Alas! we cannot know if this is true,
For reading Milton's wit we perish too.http://dictionary.die.net/logomachy

clambake
07-19-2010, 06:58 PM
i wonder how much it cost to protect the bush girls on their constant "sluts night out"?

spursncowboys
07-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Rising Above the Fray?

101a said it of me, and I agree.

spursncowboys
07-19-2010, 08:08 PM
i wonder how much it cost to protect the bush girls on their constant "sluts night out"?

Nothing WH??

Is this show of class from one of your insider buddies?

Winehole23
07-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Nothing WH??Did you really need me to point out something so obvious as clambake's essential pettiness or his mischievous avoidance of tact? Really?

Is this show of class from one of your insider buddies? Status envy, much?

Winehole23
07-19-2010, 08:56 PM
BTW, there are no insiders I've been introduced to as yet, and no SpursTalk insider's club that I'm aware of besides the invite-only forums (to which I do not belong.)

Winehole23
07-19-2010, 08:59 PM
http://opiniojuris.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/pointless-barking.jpg

Winehole23
07-19-2010, 09:02 PM
101a said it of me, and I agree.Enough with the false modesty. Tell us what you really think of yourself.

LnGrrrR
07-19-2010, 09:29 PM
What's wrong with elitism?

spursncowboys
07-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Did you really need me to point out something so obvious as clambake's essential pettiness or his mischievous avoidance of tact? Really? touche

Status envy, much?how? by noticing you pointing out posters' and not ideas.

Enough with the false modesty. Tell us what you really think of yourself. How bout we keep this particular topic with just opinions of obama's actions which can be deemed elitist.

ChumpDumper
07-19-2010, 09:50 PM
You still need to explain what is more elite about using two small planes instead of one big one when the big one can't land on the runway.

LnGrrrR
07-19-2010, 09:52 PM
I don't like using the term "elitism" for such an action. Call it "wasteful" or something that better defines what happened.

Elitism is a good thing, and something we all practice. Do you think America is better than other nations? Then you believe in elitism. Do you think you're better at your job than someone else? Then you believe in elitism. Do you think it would be better to hire a doctor considered one of the best to do your surgery, instead of a new med school student? Then you believe in elitism.

Winehole23
07-19-2010, 09:55 PM
how? by noticing you pointing out posters' and not ideas. I do both; you're not a very attentive reader. I know you can't help that, so I don't really hold it against you anymore.

How bout we keep this particular topic with just opinions of obama's actions which can be deemed elitist.Am I in your way? Go ahead. :lol

ChumpDumper
07-19-2010, 09:55 PM
Do you think it would be better to hire a doctor considered one of the best to do your surgery, instead of a new med school student?
Is the doctor black?

LnGrrrR
07-19-2010, 09:56 PM

Nice one Chump. Cheap shot, but damn funny.

spursncowboys
07-19-2010, 10:15 PM
I do both; you're not a very attentive reader. I know you can't help that, so I don't really hold it against you anymore.

Am I in your way? Go ahead. :lol
how you perceive your writing and yourself as you gaze in your mirror, next to your monitor, is not always the priceless piece of journalism that you think. but who am i to burst your bubble. :toast

Winehole23
07-19-2010, 10:23 PM
I don't consider my ST posts to be journalism at all. Nevertheless, if you think them overpriced (they are, after all, free), by all means read something else.

clambake
07-20-2010, 09:18 AM
your rant is about how much it cost for the first family to travel.

why did you run when i mentioned the bush girls?

clambake
07-20-2010, 01:53 PM
why is there no outrage on the money spent to protect the elitist bush girls?

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 02:20 PM
why is there no outrage on the money spent to protect the elitist bush girls?
Should there be?

clambake
07-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Should there be?

ask spursncowboys. his silence is blaring racism.

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 02:50 PM
What idiotic question are you asking of him?

It is understandable to have secret service protection for the ex president and family.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2010, 02:55 PM
What idiotic question are you asking of him?

It is understandable to have secret service protection for the ex president and family.It is also understandable for the president's group to take two smaller planes when AF1 isn't able to land on the runway at their destination.

spursncowboys
07-20-2010, 03:48 PM
It is also understandable for the president's group to take two smaller planes when AF1 isn't able to land on the runway at their destination.

why? because it is barrack hussein obama? Is it cause I have a problem with it?

spursncowboys
07-20-2010, 03:48 PM
keith olbermann?

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 03:53 PM
It is also understandable for the president's group to take two smaller planes when AF1 isn't able to land on the runway at their destination.
What are you talking about? Air-force one is the call sign for what ever air-force bird the president is on. Or navy one, etc.

Sure, the 747 can't land, but Air-force one can!

ChumpDumper
07-20-2010, 03:53 PM
why? because it is barrack hussein obama? Is it cause I have a problem with it?Why do you have a problem with it?

You thought he was using a plane just to send a dog and an aide ahead of AF1. You then got severely owned by the correction of the story and are now trying to say a simple and necessary change of transportation is elitist. You are failing rather spectacularly at that as well. So now you are going to try to argue that taking a vacation and flying in a plane is elitist. Are you posting from the public library? Are people with cars nicer than yours also elitist?

ChumpDumper
07-20-2010, 03:54 PM
What are you talking about? Air-force one is the call sign for what ever air-force bird the president is on. Or navy one, etc.

Sure, the 747 can't land, but Air-force one can!Everyone not fapping to the semantics knows what I mean.

spursncowboys
07-20-2010, 03:56 PM
Why do you have a problem with it?

You thought he was using a plane just to send a dog and an aide ahead of AF1. You then got severely owned by the correction of the story and are now trying to say a simple and necessary change of transportation is elitist. You are failing rather spectacularly at that as well. So now you are going to try to argue that taking a vacation and flying in a plane is elitist. Are you posting from the public library? Are people with cars nicer than yours also elitist?

there didn't need a correction. if you read the original story, it stated that they were aides and his dog. so what? that is still obama showing his elitism and disconnection with the average american.
ftr obama is the one who made using a plane is elitist, not me.

spursncowboys
07-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Everyone not fapping to the semantics knows what I mean.

no one knows what you mean. except your life partner, clambake.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2010, 04:00 PM
there didn't need a correction. if you read the original story, it stated that they were aides and his dog. so what? that is still obama showing his elitism and disconnection with the average american.
ftr obama is the one who made using a plane is elitist, not me.So every modern president who has ever used private transportation for his aides and pets is elitist and disconnected form the common man.

You're an idiot.

Quit hogging the library computer.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2010, 04:00 PM
no one knows what you mean. except your life partner, clambake.Wild Cobra knew exactly what I meant.

TeyshaBlue
07-20-2010, 04:10 PM

Look, there are so many problems with this comparison, that it's almost impossible to argue. It's a completely irrational point predicated upon the odd belief that somehow the POTUS = Avg. American Citizen.

I don't bedrudge anyone the use of all the facilities at their disposal as POTUS. These facilities were developed over the course of, oh, maybe all of the previous administrations. To claim that since Obama is making use of them, as has virtually every POTUS prior to him, he is an Elitist is just faulty logic. BTW, elitism is often external....even circumstantial at times.

If they want to go to Manhattan, they should be able to go. I'm sure they pass on a good many opportunities for outing because the logistics are just huge.
Fuck! I'm worn out after a couple of months of my job and need a couple of days off. Were I the POTUS, I'd likely just move to Camp David.:lol

spursncowboys
07-20-2010, 04:13 PM
So every modern president who has ever used private transportation for his aides and pets is elitist and disconnected form the common man.

You're an idiot.

Quit hogging the library computer.

i'm around all the people at the library who don't have jobs and they told me for you libs to stop screwing up the economy. get out of the private sector, since none of you all know what you are doing, so they might be able to get a job and buy internet for their home.

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Everyone not fapping to the semantics knows what I mean.
I'll tell you what. I'll be less caring about semantics if you do the same.

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 04:14 PM

No kidding. Apparently the dog is a show piece if it's going with his aides rather than him.

DMX7
07-20-2010, 04:18 PM

Nobody cares that you saw a Nat Geo special on Air Force One.

"Technically, Air Force One is the call sign of any Air Force aircraft carrying the President. In practice, however, Air Force One is used to refer to one of two highly customized Boeing 747-200B series aircraft"

http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/air-force-one

ChumpDumper
07-20-2010, 04:19 PM
i'm around all the people at the library who don't have jobs and they told me for you libs to stop screwing up the economy. get out of the private sector, since none of you all know what you are doing, so they might be able to get a job and buy internet for their home.Do you have a job?

I'll tell you what. I'll be less caring about semantics if you do the same.You knew what i was talking about and acted like you didn't.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2010, 04:20 PM
No kidding. Apparently the dog is a show piece if it's going with his aides rather than him.Apparently, you're an idiot.

spursncowboys
07-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Look, there are so many problems with this comparison, that it's almost impossible to argue. It's a completely irrational point predicated upon the odd belief that somehow the POTUS = Avg. American Citizen.

I don't bedrudge anyone the use of all the facilities at their disposal as POTUS. These facilities were developed over the course of, oh, maybe all of the previous administrations. To claim that since Obama is making use of them, as has virtually every POTUS prior to him, he is an Elitist is just faulty logic. BTW, elitism is often external....even circumstantial at times.

If they want to go to Manhattan, they should be able to go. I'm sure they pass on a good many opportunities for outing because the logistics are just huge.
Fuck! I'm worn out after a couple of months of my job and need a couple of days off. Were I the POTUS, I'd likely just move to Camp David.:lol
yeah but camp david is pretty much their office outside of dc. But you make a good point. Except for this president's rhetoric. He wants us to tighten our belts but he takes his wife to date in manhatten. That was a huge bill to the american tax payers. I also think these guys should be like the average american. the average american will never be able to jump on a jet and spend hundreds of thousands for a date with his wife. Also with the libs living off of the class warfare to get elected shouldn't be able to just be upper west side socialites when they get to the city on the hill-and get away with it. if they reeally care about the poor, like they like to say they do, they shouldn't be christians on sunday morning but not saturday night.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2010, 04:23 PM
yeah but camp david is pretty much their office outside of dc. But you make a good point. Except for this president's rhetoric. He wants us to tighten our belts but he takes his wife to date in manhatten. That was a huge bill to the american tax payers. I also think these guys should be like the average american. the average american will never be able to jump on a jet and spend hundreds of thousands for a date with his wife. Also with the libs living off of the class warfare to get elected shouldn't be able to just be upper west side socialites when they get to the city on the hill-and get away with it. if they reeally care about the poor, like they like to say they do, they shouldn't be christians on sunday morning but not saturday night.So again, every president ever is, has been and will be elitist because they have nicer things than you do.

spursncowboys
07-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Do you have a job?

TCB.
PKs6y9_d2ps

CosmicCowboy
07-20-2010, 04:25 PM
I've got a lot of issues with Obama but I can't get excited about this one. I'm actually surprised they took a G3 and not a G5. I guess Nancy Pelosi wanted the G5 that weekend.

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 04:28 PM
Nobody cares that you saw a Nat Geo special on Air Force One.

"Technically, Air Force One is the call sign of any Air Force aircraft carrying the President. In practice, however, Air Force One is used to refer to one of two highly customized Boeing 747-200B series aircraft"

http://www.whitehouse.gov/about/air-force-one
We already talked about semantics. Did you nod off in class?

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 04:29 PM
You knew what i was talking about and acted like you didn't.
Correct.

clambake
07-20-2010, 04:32 PM
this is a bad thread for you, snc.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2010, 04:35 PM
this is a bad thread for you, snc.But he has a chef that will make him a sammich in the middle of the night!

At taxpayer expense!

Elitist!

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 04:37 PM
I've got a lot of issues with Obama but I can't get excited about this one. I'm actually surprised they took a G3 and not a G5. I guess Nancy Pelosi wanted the G5 that weekend.
I think you are overplaying it. The G3-C-20C they have is nuclear hardened for the president's accompanying gear. The G5 they have isn't.

TeyshaBlue
07-20-2010, 04:38 PM
I also think these guys should be like the average american.

You just don't get it. By the very definition of their job, these guys will never, ever be like the average american. Like I said, sometimes "elitism" is completely external to the person. If you can't grok this basic concept....:depressed

TeyshaBlue
07-20-2010, 04:39 PM
But he has a chef that will make him a sammich in the middle of the night!

At taxpayer expense!

Elitist!

I'll bet his fucking utility bills are paid! Elitist!!

ChumpDumper
07-20-2010, 04:40 PM
You just don't get it. By the very definition of their job, these guys will never, ever be like the average american. Like I said, sometimes "elitism" is completely external to the person. If you can't grok this basic concept....:depressedObama needs to pick up his dry cleaning just like everyone else.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2010, 04:41 PM
I'll bet his fucking utility bills are paid!By us!

And they leave lights on all the time there!

clambake
07-20-2010, 04:43 PM
By us!

And they leave lights on all the time there!

cuz they're scared of the spooks.

i bet snc is boiling now.

DMX7
07-20-2010, 04:45 PM
We already talked about semantics.

As subsequently stated, you knew exactly what he was talking about. There was no issue of misunderstanding because of "semantics". Just more grasping at straws... it never ends with you repugs. That was my point.

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 04:49 PM

I'm sorry if George W. Bush's famous work ethic hasn't earned him the benefit of the doubt from me.
Wow...

You really believe that?

Camp David is not a vacation spot. It's a work area outside of DC paparazzo scrutiny.

When the left talks about president Bush's vacation time, they seem to add weekends also.

Here's from one of my earlier postings in a different thread. Has to do with the criticism of his first several months in office, when the claim was he vacationed 42% of his time in office:

The 42% included weekends, travel time, and 38 days at Camp David. It was time he wasn't at the White House. Not vacation time, because he actually worked. He has Planned a summit with the Russian Leader, Met with President Fox of Mexico, and other things.

Here is seven days of that 42% vacation:

Monday, 8/20/01:

Spoke at the Annual Veterans of Foreign Wars convention in Milwaukee, WI.
Signed 6 bills into law
Announced 7 nominees
Spoke with workers at the Harley Davidson factory
Dined with Governor Bill Graves of Kansas

Tuesday, 8/21/01:

Took press questions at a Target store in Kansas City, MO.
Spoke with Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien about Free Trade

Wednesday, 8/22/01 (Texas Ranch):

Met with some WH staff
Conferenced with Mexico’s president on Argentina’s economy and IMF role.
Talked with Margeret Lamontagne on Immigration Policy meetings.
Released the Mid-Session review, a summary of the economic outlook for the next decade.
Announce 14 nominations and appointment intentions.
Issued a presidential determination ordering a military drawdown for Tunisia.
Issued a statement regarding the retirement of Sen. Jesse Helms.

Thursday, 8/23/01 (Texas Ranch):

Spoke with the press.
Visited Crawford Elementary School and answered student questions.

Friday, 8/24/01 (Texas Ranch):

Visited with officials from Washington.
Had a Press Conference.
Announced the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and 15 other appointments.
Met with National Security and Defense officials regarding Military Transformation.
Met with Andy Card and Karen Hughes about communications issues.
Issued a proclamation honoring Women’s Equality Day.

Saturday, 8/25/01:

Received a CIA and National Security Briefing.
Gave his weekly radio address.

Sunday, 8/26/01:

Spoke at the Little League series in Williamsport, PA.
Spoke at the U.S. Steel Group Steelworkers picnic at Mon Valley Works.

I wonder just how innacutrate that vacation time is. Get it from the Huff-n-Puffl post by chance?

clambake
07-20-2010, 04:53 PM
i think, mentally, his vacation was much longer.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2010, 04:53 PM
Presidents work every day.

Complaining about their "vacations" is almost as stupid as complaining about their using planes.

SnC does both.

clambake
07-20-2010, 04:54 PM
snc still won't discuss how much was spent for those sluts to travel the world.

spursncowboys
07-20-2010, 04:57 PM
You just don't get it. By the very definition of their job, these guys will never, ever be like the average american. Like I said, sometimes "elitism" is completely external to the person. If you can't grok this basic concept....:depressed
You don't get it. I am not saying he is an elitist for being the command in chief and most powerful man in the world. I believe he was an elitist before that. The op was supposed to be examples of when he shows it. It's one thing to travel across the world on business. it's quite another to shut down nyc, at someone elses expense. He didnt have to demonize private airplane rental co.'s, and then utilize his for private purposes. Like I said, if you don't think this is a show of elitism then ok, but I do.

clambake
07-20-2010, 04:59 PM
You don't get it. I am not saying he is an elitist for being the command in chief and most powerful man in the world. I believe he was an elitist before that. The op was supposed to be examples of when he shows it. It's one thing to travel across the world on business. it's quite another to shut down nyc, at someone elses expense. He didnt have to demonize private airplane rental co.'s, and then utilize his for private purposes. Like I said, if you don't think this is a show of elitism then ok, but I do.

:lmao you should have quietly backed away from your thread.

spursncowboys
07-20-2010, 05:00 PM
snc still won't discuss how much was spent for those sluts to travel the world.

I rather not discuss anything with you.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2010, 05:02 PM
You don't get it. I am not saying he is an elitist for being the command in chief and most powerful man in the world. I believe he was an elitist before that. The op was supposed to be examples of when he shows it. It's one thing to travel across the world on business. it's quite another to shut down nyc, at someone elses expense. He didnt have to demonize private airplane rental co.'s, and then utilize his for private purposes. Like I said, if you don't think this is a show of elitism then ok, but I do.He doesn't pump his own gas!

Wild Cobra
As subsequently stated, you knew exactly what he was talking about. There was no issue of misunderstanding because of "semantics". Just more grasping at straws... it never ends with you repugs. That was my point.
I wasn't grasping. I was pulling a chump!

clambake
I rather not discuss anything with you.

translation: i fucked up in this thread.

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 05:07 PM
I agree with you there.

Why do these limousine liberals say "do as I say, not as I do?"

clambake
07-20-2010, 05:09 PM
I agree with you there.

he should drive his own car!!!

clambake
07-20-2010, 05:10 PM
he should mow his own lawn!!!

LnGrrrR
07-20-2010, 05:25 PM
Using SnC's logic, if you care for the poor, but have a TV, you're a hypocrite, because you could sell the TV and give more money to the poor.

But if you say, "Screw the poor", you can keep your TV.

And the second person would be more righteous than the first.

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Using SnC's logic, if you care for the poor, but have a TV, you're a hypocrite, because you could sell the TV and give more money to the poor.

I haven't a clue how you extrapolate that.

Please explain.

spursncowboys
07-20-2010, 05:35 PM

No, it's more like if you say you care about the poor and their schooling. then cut spending for the program to allow low income kids to go to schools that his children get to go, from tax dollars (unless they used the money he made from selling property while a senator or while his wife had that job at the hospital which position was never filled after she left) even though he said as a candidate that if it was successful he would keep the program.

spursncowboys
07-20-2010, 05:38 PM
I agree with you there.

They never have a real job. but they want to run our economy.

They never send their kids to public schools but want everyone else's kids to be imprisoned there.

They never had to worry about getting a job, because they hide out in the govt. sector but yet want to make more and more buerocratic red tape that keeps our economy from growing.

clambake
07-20-2010, 05:41 PM
They never have a real job. but they want to run our economy.

They never send their kids to public schools but want everyone else's kids to be imprisoned there.

They never had to worry about getting a job, because they hide out in the govt. sector but yet want to make more and more buerocratic red tape that keeps our economy from growing.

you are beating the shit out of yourself. :lmao

bravo

LnGrrrR
07-20-2010, 05:43 PM
I haven't a clue how you extrapolate that.

Please explain.

SnC is complaining about presidents spending taxpayer money when they go out of town or on vacation, correct? But obviously, all Presidents do that. So why does he get upset when liberals/Obama does it?

He specifically stated, "
Also with the libs living off of the class warfare to get elected shouldn't be able to just be upper west side socialites when they get to the city on the hill-and get away with it. if they reeally care about the poor, like they like to say they do, they shouldn't be christians on sunday morning but not saturday night.
In other words, if they care about the poor, they shouldn't be spending money going out on vacations on the taxpayer's dime. But it's implied that it's ok for conservatives to go out on vacations. (Because SnC doesn't call them out.)

Following?

LnGrrrR
07-20-2010, 05:43 PM
No, it's more like if you say you care about the poor and their schooling. then cut spending for the program to allow low income kids to go to schools that his children get to go, from tax dollars (unless they used the money he made from selling property while a senator or while his wife had that job at the hospital which position was never filled after she left) even though he said as a candidate that if it was successful he would keep the program.

Did he cut spending, or did Congress?

ploto
07-20-2010, 06:02 PM
I would much rather my President be an elitist than a dumb ass.

spursncowboys
07-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Did he cut spending, or did Congress?

did he support it or not?

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 06:06 PM
SnC is complaining about presidents spending taxpayer money when they go out of town or on vacation, correct? But obviously, all Presidents do that. So why does he get upset when liberals/Obama does it?

He specifically stated, "
In other words, if they care about the poor, they shouldn't be spending money going out on vacations on the taxpayer's dime. But it's implied that it's ok for conservatives to go out on vacations. (Because SnC doesn't call them out.)

Following?
Yes, but to accuse him as you did, you have to ignore the stuff he said that's actually relevant to his major concern.

I wouldn't want to accuse you of cherry picking. Just think about his other words, then ask yourself if you jumped to a conclusion or not.

ChumpDumper
07-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Yes, but to accuse him as you did, you have to ignore the stuff he said that's actually relevant to his major concern.His major concern was having a dog and aides on a separate plane.

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 06:12 PM
His major concern was having a dog and aides on a separate plane.
And I agree with him. Put the aides on a different plane, but dammit. Take care of your own dog.

LnGrrrR
07-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Yes, but to accuse him as you did, you have to ignore the stuff he said that's actually relevant to his major concern.

I wouldn't want to accuse you of cherry picking. Just think about his other words, then ask yourself if you jumped to a conclusion or not.

I paraphrased humorously. If he was really mad at the spending issue, he should be mad at all Presidents. He seemed only mad at liberals though, because liberals rely more on the poor for their votes.

I understand he's mad at Democrats taking money from rich to give it to the poor, and so he thinks it's hypocritical to spend the poor's money to finance his own trips. The problem with that is that no President has ever spent his own money for these trips (that I know of) and no President has refrained from vacations, so I don't see what SnC would propose as a solution. Does he want Obama to take no vacations? Does he want Obama to pay for his plane rides?

spursncowboys
07-20-2010, 07:39 PM
If only Ross Perot was elected.

DMX7
07-20-2010, 08:03 PM
If only Ross Perot were elected? lolz... What year are you living in?

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 08:13 PM
I paraphrased humorously. If he was really mad at the spending issue, he should be mad at all Presidents. He seemed only mad at liberals though, because liberals rely more on the poor for their votes.

I understand he's mad at Democrats taking money from rich to give it to the poor, and so he thinks it's hypocritical to spend the poor's money to finance his own trips. The problem with that is that no President has ever spent his own money for these trips (that I know of) and no President has refrained from vacations, so I don't see what SnC would propose as a solution. Does he want Obama to take no vacations? Does he want Obama to pay for his plane rides?
Well, what I don't understand is why they did it that way. My understanding of a typical presidential trip is very expensive. They use cargo planes to fly the bulletproof limousines and town cars around. They had to take these to a major airport. Seems to me, the president should have flown to the same location, and travel by limousine from there. Guess he's too important to drive a few extra miles, huh?

My views on the vacationing are different. We have a president that says not to go places like Vegas, then takes high end vacations himself.

I see it as the hypocrisy. Not the trip itself.

LnGrrrR
07-20-2010, 08:18 PM
Well, what I don't understand is why they did it that way. My understanding of a typical presidential trip is very expensive. They use cargo planes to fly the bulletproof limousines and town cars around. They had to take these to a major airport. Seems to me, the president should have flown to the same location, and travel by limousine from there. Guess he's too important to drive a few extra miles, huh?

Do you really think Obama is the one planning the logistics of the trip? :lol

My views on the vacationing are different. We have a president that says not to go places like Vegas, then takes high end vacations himself.

If you find it hypocritical, that's your call. But that's different from arguing about the money a President spends in traveling, because they all travel, they all need SS, and it's always on the taxpayer dime.

spursncowboys
07-20-2010, 08:18 PM

100% this

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 08:19 PM
But that's different from arguing about the money a President spends in traveling, because they all travel, they all need SS, and it's always on the taxpayer dime.
I do agree with that.

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 08:26 PM
Let's go back to two things he said:

He wants us to tighten our belts but he takes his wife to date in manhatten. That was a huge bill to the american tax payers.
It is a huge bill. There are equally good places to go is areas that would cost less for a trip. Security for a New England trip for example is far lest costly than a trip into Manhattan. Shouldn't he go someplace nice, but less costly?

I also think these guys should be like the average american. the average american will never be able to jump on a jet and spend hundreds of thousands for a date with his wife.
Now to this, I only say he should have to pay the price it would cost them both to fly commercial, first class, and nominal 4 star hotel prices. Beyond that, let the government pay. He shouldn't be a prisoner to his job.

Mr. Peabody
07-20-2010, 08:31 PM

How much more expensive was it for the president to fly to the smaller airport? What would have been the differences in security concerns, planning, and delays for other travelers with him flying into the smaller airport as opposed to a major airport as you have proposed?

I'm sure none of these issues were considered and it was all about him just being an elitist. Also, I'm sure that he's the one who sat down and personally handled the logistics for this trip.

jack sommerset
07-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Barry is a fat cat elitists that hates the working class because they cling to their guns or religions.

Mr. Peabody
07-20-2010, 08:40 PM
If Obama is an elitist, does that necessarily make him part of W's base?

spursncowboys
07-20-2010, 08:40 PM
WC: I am not saying that barry shouldn't be flying af1. I want our president to be able to get anywhere he needs when he needs. I think it is hypocritical for him to use it as his date night.

It turns out in manhattan, barry had 3 planes costing $24,000 a piece but paid for their dinner and tickets themselves. Couldn't find a cost for all the overhead costs.

LnGrrrR
07-20-2010, 08:41 PM
Seems to me, the president should have flown to the same location, and travel by limousine from there. Guess he's too important to drive a few extra miles, huh?

Just for kicks, I looked up the distance from the Bangor Airport (which is the closest major airport in ME) to the Bar Harbor one. It takes about an hour to drive. To go from the major airport in Portland would require a 3 hour drive.

LnGrrrR
07-20-2010, 08:43 PM
Also, I've driven through alot of Maine at night. There are literally barely any lights on the road. It's not very secure, and it's very isolated. There's Bar Harbor that's busy and touristy, and nothing much else for miles around.

LnGrrrR
07-20-2010, 08:45 PM
WC: I am not saying that barry shouldn't be flying af1. I want our president to be able to get anywhere he needs when he needs. I think it is hypocritical for him to use it as his date night.

What do you propose then SnC?

Here are the options as I see them:

One, the President doesn't use Air Force 1 or Secret Service to save the taxpayers money.

Two, the President never vacations, or takes all vacations in Washington DC.

Three, the President personally funds the cost of the trip, ie the plane, the Secret Service, etc etc.

Those are the only solutions you seem to suggest are acceptable. Do you have another?

LnGrrrR
07-20-2010, 08:47 PM
It is a huge bill. There are equally good places to go is areas that would cost less for a trip. Security for a New England trip for example is far lest costly than a trip into Manhattan. Shouldn't he go someplace nice, but less costly?

He is in vacationing in New England.

Mr. Peabody
07-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Just for kicks, I looked up the distance from the Bangor Airport (which is the closest major airport in ME) to the Bar Harbor one. It takes about an hour to drive. To go from the major airport in Portland would require a 3 hour drive.

But you're missing the point, WC knows how much easier and cheaper it would have been to have the President land in Portland and have the motorcade make the three hour drive. I'm sure he has the facts to back up this assertion.

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 08:57 PM
I agree. I did the same thing a few minutes ago. Under the conditions, two smaller planes was the way to do it. Let the car drivers do that three hour trip.

Looks like a really nice place on Google Maps.

DMX7
07-20-2010, 09:02 PM
I don't know how much they spend on fuel costs, but at least they're staying in the northeast on this one.

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 09:04 PM
I don't know how much they spend on fuel costs, but at least they're staying in the northeast on this one.
We agree there.

LnGrrrR
07-20-2010, 09:11 PM
I agree. I did the same thing a few minutes ago. Under the conditions, two smaller planes was the way to do it. Let the car drivers do that three hour trip.

Looks like a really nice place on Google Maps.

Bar Harbor is a lot of fun. I've been there on vacation. (I'm elite! :lol) It's a busy "sleepy town". Though it has been a decade since I've been out there. Probably still the same though, New England coastal resort towns don't change much. It's not too far far from Cadillac Mountain as well, which is a great hike. And there's places to pick delicious blueberries.

TeyshaBlue
07-21-2010, 08:56 AM
Bar Harbor is a lot of fun. I've been there on vacation. (I'm elite! :lol) It's a busy "sleepy town". Though it has been a decade since I've been out there. Probably still the same though, New England coastal resort towns don't change much. It's not too far far from Cadillac Mountain as well, which is a great hike. And there's places to pick delicious blueberries.

Blueberries are the fruit of elitists!

Don't get met started on mountains made of Cadillacs.:lol

George Gervin's Afro
07-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Barry is a fat cat elitists that hates the working class because they cling to their guns or religions.

I'd hate you too jack

LnGrrrR
07-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Blueberries are the fruit of elitists!

Don't get met started on mountains made of Cadillacs.:lol