PDA

View Full Version : Ilgauskas signs as Heat's ninth player

TheKingOfMIA6
07-17-2010, 06:06 PM
http://www.sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5388692

Ilgauskas is the ninth player to sign with Miami for the coming season. After Magloire, the Heat are expected to add Juwan Howard and Carlos Arroyo in the coming days, and it seems possible that free agent James Jones -- who was with Miami last season -- could also return. Free agent point guards Keyon Dooling and Chris Quinn, both former Miami players, are targets as well.

MavDynasty
07-17-2010, 06:07 PM
lol dan gilbert

TheHeatIsOn
07-17-2010, 06:12 PM
I hope Big Z wont get shut down by the Lakers Bigs.

TheKingOfMIA6
07-17-2010, 06:17 PM
I hope Big Z wont get shut down by the Lakers Bigs.

Don't worry T-H-I-O as soon as we sign Magloire we'll be staaaaaackeeeeedddddd

TheHeatIsOn
07-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Don't worry T-H-I-O as soon as we sign Magloire we'll be staaaaaackeeeeedddddd

We might be stacked but it wont be enough to take on the Lakers...

TheKingOfMIA6
07-17-2010, 06:24 PM
We might be stacked but it wont be enough to take on the Lakers...

Bullshit the Lakers got the luck by the refs last year. And we have 3 players that get to the line alot so it'll be a fair free throw contest, I hope.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Idk what's more annoying, the Heat trolls everyone made that they thought would be funny, or the bandwagon Heat fans who have joined this site in the last week.

I don't really get it. After the Gasol trade and after Lebron went to the Heat, did Lakers and Heat fans consciously think, "Oh boy my team just got an elite player, now I can join a message board and talk shit!"

4>0rings
07-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Dan Gilberts letter in 3... 2...

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Idk what's more annoying, the Heat trolls everyone made that they thought would be funny, or the bandwagon Heat fans who have joined this site in the last week.

I don't really get it. After the Gasol trade and after Lebron went to the Heat, did Lakers and Heat fans consciously think, "Oh boy my team just got an elite player, now I can join a message board and talk shit!"

:lmao so true. The bandwagoners are definately the worst.

I am not a person to wish harm on anyone, but i would laugh my head off if lebron, wade and bosh all got injuries (not too serious though) during the season at the same time. That's how annoying it is to see all these moron heat fans. Only 2 or 3 of them are actual legit fans who have been around for a while.

The bandwagon will empty quickly if they don't win a ring :lobt2:

Texas_Ranger
07-17-2010, 06:53 PM
Miami's center position is still bad. Magloire and Anthony suck ass and Ilgauskas is also not that good anymore. They should really hope no one from the big 3 gets injured.

8FOR!3
07-17-2010, 06:55 PM
lol, he's up there in age and isn't that good anymore, but Z is still the best center on Miami now

sefant77
07-17-2010, 07:02 PM
So the two Cavs franchise faces of the last decade leaving the same summer to the Heat...epic fail

HarlemHeat37
07-17-2010, 07:04 PM
Ilgauskas is only going to play as a situational player..this signing is mostly due to his friendship with Lebron and Lebron wanting to get him a ring..

As for the Heat bandwagoners, is anybody actually a Heat fan?..I've only seen the trolls so far, unless I'm mistaking some of them for real posters..

4>0rings
07-17-2010, 07:04 PM
Who cares he doesn't need to do anything other than stand up.

TheKingOfMIA6
07-17-2010, 07:25 PM
So the two Cavs franchise faces of the last decade leaving the same summer to the Heat...epic fail

Dan Gilbert was the one who fucked it up.

freddy79
07-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Without any good salary cap space, you cannot sign a very good center. Big men are expensive, and you cannot raid Europe in search of a good man, since the best is already in the NBA, and the 4-5 guys left who can play are not coming for a minimum salary...

They're taking the best they can. Ilgauskas is not too bad after all, and for the money he's taking he's cheap, for sure. Of course Bosh has to step up and do some dirty work if Miami wants to get a ring. Also, it's likely that Haslem and Bosh will have to play minutes together, and they have to figure the best way to make that work...

rascal
07-17-2010, 07:31 PM

Get used to it. Many more Heat fans will be popping up here.

Basketballgirl25
07-17-2010, 08:17 PM

well at least the one of them didn't need a tv show to tell them:lol

Flo-Rida
07-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Ilgauskas is only going to play as a situational player..this signing is mostly due to his friendship with Lebron and Lebron wanting to get him a ring..

As for the Heat bandwagoners, is anybody actually a Heat fan?..I've only seen the trolls so far, unless I'm mistaking some of them for real posters..

me and miami heat . They can say what they want but ive posted here the year we won 15 games and every playoff series after that .

peteee
07-17-2010, 08:20 PM
Z can't live without Lebron.

peteee
07-17-2010, 08:22 PM
me and miami heat . They can say what they want but ive posted here the year we won 15 games and every playoff series after that .
he's never been there even. MiamiCheat is a douchebag from california, he once told me that IIRC.

MiamiHeat
07-17-2010, 08:36 PM
he's never been there even. MiamiCheat is a douchebag from california, he once told me that IIRC.
oh really? now i live in CA?

probably got me confused when I visit your home in california, your mom cooks a good meal after a mean blowjob.

Josepatches_
07-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Miami have the best player of the league last 2 seasons who isn't in his prime yet and maybe the second best player of the league.
They have one of the best big man of the league too,maybe the best inside scorer of the league right now.

Yes,the Lakers bigs (Bynum-Gasol) are better than Z,Haslem or Anthony but they were a lot better last year too and Cleveland won both games easily. Imo it will be more difficult for Miami to win the East than to defeat the Lakers in the finals.
LA's bigs are soft.LeBron or Wade have a lot of more problems when they have to play against teams like Boston or Orlando where the way to the hoop is closed.

Giuseppe
07-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Imo it will be more difficult for Miami to win the East than to defeat the Lakers in the finals.

Looks like 17 is a lock. Just send Orlando OR Boston once again.

TheKingOfMIA6
07-17-2010, 09:58 PM
Looks like 17 is a lock. Just send Orlando OR Boston once again.

OKC will sweep the Fakers the fuck out !

Zelophehad
07-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Z's really not that bad even though he got the dog shit kicked out of him by Howard in the 09 ECF. He can still rebound and hit an open jumper. His pick and roll defense is horrid though.

Giuseppe
07-17-2010, 10:07 PM
OKC will sweep the Fakers the fuck out !

They provided a nice easy clean enroute to #16. They're welcome anytime. They'll not intrude.