PDA

View Full Version : Lebron's new home

Flo-Rida
07-18-2010, 12:21 AM
The mansion: http://www.alexshay.com/listings/propertylistings.asp?propertyID=297

The article: http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/2010/07/lebron-interested-in-buying-50.html

After signing a six-year deal for $110 million with the NBA team last week, Life & Style can reveal that LeBron has started paperwork to purchase a $49.5 million 20,088- square-foot mansion at Casuarina Concourse -- the most expensive home in the Coral Gables, Fla., area! The basketball star has toured the home and is in the early stages of buying it.

"LeBron showed a lot of interest in the house," an insider reveals to Life & Style. "I think it's a slam-dunk the house is his."

The home belonged to the owner of Potamkin Auto Gallery, Alan Potamkin, who put the eight-bedroom, 11-bathroom estate on the market in April 2009. Prior to Potamkin's ownership, Pat Riley, the Heat's president, called it home, which could influence LeBron's decision.

"The property was taken off the market within hours of LeBron announcing his move to Miami," adds the insider. "It's no coincidence."

The estate faces the open waters of Biscayne Bay and is surrounded by 80 linear feet of waterfront. With three suites, all including full baths, an upstairs master suite with a full gym, a 12-camera security system, a billiards and media room, LeBron's new bachelor pad is equipped for party after party after party. And if his guests need to crash after a night out, a private guest suite with a tennis court and courtyard on its own acre of land is just another special feature. Looks like Miami just got a bit more Heat!

MavDynasty
07-18-2010, 12:33 AM
:greedy
:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow

TheKingOfMIA6
07-18-2010, 12:39 AM
Anybody would leave cleveland for that.

You should post some pics on here.

Flo-Rida
07-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Anybody would leave cleveland for that.

You should post some pics on here.

nahh im good thats gonna take too much time you can see them here .
http://www.alexshay.com/listings/propertylistings.asp?propertyID=297

Spursfan092120
07-18-2010, 12:44 AM
Mutha fuck....what a fucking house.

DMX7
07-18-2010, 12:46 AM
That's not a house. It's a goddamn resort. :greedy

HarlemHeat37
07-18-2010, 01:00 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he donates some housing for charity, TBH..it's probably why he purchased such a large home..

DMX7
07-18-2010, 01:04 AM
Maybe he can invite Timothy "I died for our sins" Tebow to his home during the summers.

Roxsfan
07-18-2010, 01:04 AM
First thing he needs to do is rip out the CRT TV in the gym and get a plasma or flat panel LCD. I guess everything else is ok...........:lol:depressed:greedy:toast

BRHornet45
07-18-2010, 01:06 AM
lol sons I can't wait until 15 years from now we are seeing this worthless piece of shit doing "1-800-WEBUYGOLD" commercials because he blew all of his millions.

MavDynasty
07-18-2010, 01:10 AM
8 bedrooms, 11.5 bathrooms

what the fuck

4>0rings
07-18-2010, 01:26 AM
Damn, the real estate agents made some crazy commision.

lefty
07-18-2010, 01:42 AM
Damn, the real estate agents made some crazy commision.
that would be Pat Riley, the only RE agent in Miami

After all he has to pay Lebron

lefty
07-18-2010, 01:55 AM
Shit, his home is bigger than the entire city of Cleveland

spursfan1000
07-18-2010, 02:22 AM
Wtf...

FkLA
07-18-2010, 02:43 AM
why would a house have more bathrooms than bedrooms? thats retarded.

i wouldnt mind living in it tho :(

DMX7
07-18-2010, 03:12 AM

It's not really that uncommon.

Jace
07-18-2010, 03:18 AM
This is why no one gave him any credit for his "charitable donation"... Buy a 30 million house and donate the 20 million you saved to a charity for starving kids or to build a couple hospitals.

baseline bum
07-18-2010, 03:23 AM
I wonder if he regularly has that giant pool filled with the tears of Clevelanders.

TheKingOfMIA6
07-18-2010, 03:49 AM

hah, Classic

Basketballgirl25
07-18-2010, 06:07 AM
nice house, but would be better if he had a house outside San Fran, now out there has amazing views, Miami is a shit hole compared to it

Giuseppe
07-18-2010, 07:45 AM
Miami is a shit hole

allgirl, she is correct here.

jermaine
07-18-2010, 08:04 AM
Niggas don't pose to live like that! We don't know how to act! Look at Obama! He done had 2 parties on the front lawn of the white house! The nigga had hoes dancing in them big balls!, a barb-q, face painting, a big ass bouncey house, an Colt 45 to drank & oyea Newports & Black&milds to smoke! I think I seen some Hennedog & Patron in the lil blue & red cooler by the food tables!

ploto
07-18-2010, 08:12 AM

Each bedroom has its own bathroom. Plus there are probably bathrooms for the weight room-- did you see that picture- the pools, ...

sefant77
07-18-2010, 08:36 AM
So his gay lover Maverick Carter will live there too...and of course all of his "inner circle".

I hate all that dark wood in the dining room, office etc, looks fucking ugly.

Borosai
07-18-2010, 10:12 AM
A house fit for a sidekick.

xellos88330
07-18-2010, 10:50 AM
That house is half his salary before taxes!

How much taxes are taken out of his check?

He better be making some serious endorsement money. It could be tough after the whole "The Decision" debacle.

dbreiden83080
07-18-2010, 11:08 AM
Life is so unfair..

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-18-2010, 11:20 AM

The sad thing is most Americans have to save up a full years' salary just to make a down payment on a house. The wealth distribution in this country just gets worse and worse.

ffadicted
07-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Fucking jel

Basketballgirl25
07-18-2010, 12:48 PM
allgirl, she is correct here.

I'm not saying it's a bad place, because it isn't the worst, I've been there just not my cup of tea. One of the places I've been I know I don't want to go to again:toast

HarlemHeat37
07-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Would you go to Dallas, basketballgirl?..

Trill Clinton
07-18-2010, 12:55 PM

He better be making some serious endorsement money. It could be tough after the whole "The Decision" debacle.

he signed a $90 million endorsement deal with Nike before he even threw on a cav's jersey...bron is caked up.

Cane
07-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Somewhere Nicolas Cage is jealous.

DPG21920
07-18-2010, 12:58 PM
So he spends nearly half of his money from his new contract on this house. I am sure that is a wise financial decision for someone trying to become a billionaire.

Obviously Lebron learned nothing from Buffett during their time together.

Greg Oden
07-18-2010, 01:06 PM
He better be making some serious endorsement money.

Uh, he is. He's probably paying for the house with just his Nike money alone.

Stringer_Bell
07-18-2010, 01:18 PM
This is why no one gave him any credit for his "charitable donation"... Buy a 30 million house and donate the 20 million you saved to a charity for starving kids or to build a couple hospitals.

No shit, he could have sent every single kid in that "girls and boys club" gym to college for 4 years for 5 million...1/10th of what he is paying for that useless ass house. Sure, it's nice, but who really needs to drop that much fucking money on THAT MUCH fucking house when they'll barely be home most of the time and want ESPN to donate ad revenue to "his personal causes" for a shitty 1-hour special.

Just another NO-RING hypocrite...throw some cash at some "disadvantaged kids", make an appearence and take some photos, but make no real personal investment.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-18-2010, 01:19 PM

Holy fuck I read this wrong and didn't even bother reading the article. fifty fuckin million. Jesus Christ. This is dumb on so many levels. Miami is known as the city where athletes get fucked up if they're too flashy (sup Sean Taylor).

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-18-2010, 01:21 PM
NO-RING hypocrite

Does being ringless and being a hypocrite go hand in hand or something? I'm not sure how him being ringless has any relevance here.

HarlemHeat37
07-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Wow..

The guy just raised 6.5 million $ for charity, but these guys are criticizing him for not giving more..how much have you guys donated?..

Lebron is living in a house like this, because he can..don't be a hater about it..if you want to hate on him for what he "did" to Cleveland, or if you want to hate him for being a media whore, go for it..hating somebody for their life success is stupid though..

lil_penny
07-18-2010, 01:23 PM
take that tony montana

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-18-2010, 01:27 PM
I actually somewhat agree with Harlem here the guy is allowed to do whatever he wants with his money, I just think buying a house like that and letting the world know is putting a target on your back in a city like Miami. I still think it's ridiculous to talk about Lebron like he's an extremely charitable human being (considering none of that $2.5 million came out of his pocket), but there's nothing wrong with buying a house.

HarlemHeat37
07-18-2010, 01:29 PM
Meh, I wouldn't buy a house like that if I had the money, I find mansions like that to be overrated, but ya, that's my point..it's his money, he can do whatever he wants..if he is broke in 20 years, everybody will criticize, but that's on him..

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-18-2010, 01:30 PM
If he's broke in 20 years he could put that house on the market and still be in great financial shape if he sold it for half as much as a he bought it for :lol

Grey Spurfan
07-18-2010, 01:31 PM
that would be Pat Riley, the only RE agent in Miami

After all he has to pay Lebron

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Classic!

MiamiHeat
07-18-2010, 01:33 PM
you guys realize how much of a pussy magnet that house is going to be?

8 bedrooms + a guest house, courts, huge pool.....

he's like the real life Entourage.....

lucky bastard is gonna have all that miami ass in that place.

HarlemHeat37
07-18-2010, 01:34 PM
I don't think Lebron has trouble pulling in moist either way:lol..

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-18-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm pretty sure there aren't gonna be a bunch of women running through a house his long term girlfriend is living in.

DPG21920
07-18-2010, 01:36 PM
If he's broke in 20 years he could put that house on the market and still be in great financial shape if he sold it for half as much as a he bought it for :lol

Not really. He would still probably be way upside down on that home. Not sure how mega rich people do things, but I imagine he is not putting any more money into that home than he has to upfront.

DPG21920
07-18-2010, 01:37 PM
you guys realize how much of a pussy magnet that house is going to be?

8 bedrooms + a guest house, courts, huge pool.....

he's like the real life Entourage.....

lucky bastard is gonna have all that miami ass in that place.

Are they all going to tell him he is so much better than Wade? Because it will be the same chicken heads walking around.

Grey Spurfan
07-18-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm pretty sure there aren't gonna be a bunch of women running through a house his long term girlfriend is living in.

:lmao suns

Quit being a hater. LeBron can do whatever he wants. He is going to fuck so many bitches!!! I can't wait!

BlackSwordsMan
07-18-2010, 01:41 PM
lulz when a hurricane takes out his home

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Not really. He would still probably be way upside down on that home. Not sure how mega rich people do things, but I imagine he is not putting any more money into that home than he has to upfront.

I figured that if someone is rich enough to avoid a mortgage they would and they'd just buy the house with cash but you're right Lebron doesn't seem like someone who would do that especially since he's got an entourage that wants to blow his money whenever they get the chance.

Xevious
07-18-2010, 01:42 PM
Bullshit.

Stringer_Bell
07-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Does being ringless and being a hypocrite go hand in hand or something? I'm not sure how him being ringless has any relevance here.

It's relevant to his "success" and how people will use it to defend his immaturity. The whole point of him moving down there was because he wasn't a "success," but I assumed someone would end up saying "Don't hate on his success, he can buy whatever he wants." He could buy an entire island and live there, whatever, the fact is that he's not the dude the media has tried to portray and this is simply another example if in fact he's dropped 50m on it and signed the papers. It's not a fact yet, so I prolly jumped the gun in calling him out - but if it's a done deal then I stand by my opinion.

sefant77
07-18-2010, 01:48 PM
Its not the buying costs of such mansions.

Its the ridiculous monthly expenses, thats where they really blow the money.

Starting with 1-3 houses, up to 10 and more cars, cloths and shoes (one time wearing and then giving away), child support, monthly expenses for the houses etc.

And then of course all your "inner circle". family, friends and "friends", gold digger, bitches etc. And they arent satisfied with sleeping in a comfortable bed, they also want the blingbling, the cars, the cloths, clubbing etc...

Thats how guys like Walker went broke, not from buying a house for xy million. From the money that ran every single day through their fingers...

1-2 weeks ago i saw a list with Shaqs monthly expenses and it was almost a million. I wonder if this dude is maybe broke in 10-20 years when no one cares about him or his movies etc

DPG21920
07-18-2010, 01:50 PM

It's called insurance.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-18-2010, 01:51 PM
It's relevant to his "success" and how people will use it to defend his immaturity. The whole point of him moving down there was because he wasn't a "success," but I assumed someone would end up saying "Don't hate on his success, he can buy whatever he wants." He could buy an entire island and live there, whatever, the fact is that he's not the dude the media has tried to portray and this is simply another example if in fact he's dropped 50m on it and signed the papers. It's not a fact yet, so I prolly jumped the gun in calling him out - but if it's a done deal then I stand by my opinion.

So what are you trying to say? Only ringless people buy big houses? Regardless of his NBA career, he's financially successful, and someone as financially successful as he is can go out and buy a big house.

BadOdor
07-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Sons this could be a good investment - he wins several titles, maybe retires a heat, and if he decides to sell, the value would go up a bit tbh.

It's a buyer market right now anyway, housing pretty low atm.

Still, 50 mil for a house...goddamn.

The Franchise
07-18-2010, 02:05 PM
A house fit for a sidekick.

:tu

Stringer_Bell
07-18-2010, 02:08 PM
So what are you trying to say? Only ringless people buy big houses? Regardless of his NBA career, he's financially successful, and someone as financially successful as he is can go out and buy a big house.

Ringless. Hypocrite. I'm not mincing words. Go ahead and read my posts again if it's not clear. He can do whatever he wants, at the end of the day he is who he is and with all the articles and stories coming to light now...he's not much, and putting on a spectacle for ESPN's ad-revenue and offering a shitty product in return while dropping 50m on a house (1/10th of which could have sent all the kids in that youth gym to 4-year colleges) does not seem genuine to me. The fact that he ran from Cleveland because of his lack of "success" (ringless) is just an added jab at him. He's a ringless (adjective) hypocrite (noun). If this house story is true, that's all there is to say.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-18-2010, 02:18 PM
How is he a hypocrite?

Grey Spurfan
07-18-2010, 02:24 PM
You seem like you anxious to be first in line.:wakeup

Second tbh. :depressed HarlemHeat promised to let LeBron cake the inside of his throat with his cock snot. I couldn't top that.

ducks
07-18-2010, 02:26 PM
The mansion: http://www.alexshay.com/listings/propertylistings.asp?propertyID=297

The article: http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/2010/07/lebron-interested-in-buying-50.html

After signing a six-year deal for $110 million with the NBA team last week, Life & Style can reveal that LeBron has started paperwork to purchase a $49.5 million 20,088- square-foot mansion at Casuarina Concourse -- the most expensive home in the Coral Gables, Fla., area! The basketball star has toured the home and is in the early stages of buying it.

"LeBron showed a lot of interest in the house," an insider reveals to Life & Style. "I think it's a slam-dunk the house is his."

The home belonged to the owner of Potamkin Auto Gallery, Alan Potamkin, who put the eight-bedroom, 11-bathroom estate on the market in April 2009. Prior to Potamkin's ownership, Pat Riley, the Heat's president, called it home, which could influence LeBron's decision.

"The property was taken off the market within hours of LeBron announcing his move to Miami," adds the insider. "It's no coincidence."

The estate faces the open waters of Biscayne Bay and is surrounded by 80 linear feet of waterfront. With three suites, all including full baths, an upstairs master suite with a full gym, a 12-camera security system, a billiards and media room, LeBron's new bachelor pad is equipped for party after party after party. And if his guests need to crash after a night out, a private guest suite with a tennis court and courtyard on its own acre of land is just another special feature. Looks like Miami just got a bit more Heat!

stupid

his taxes per month will be over thousands of dollars a month

ducks
07-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Sons this could be a good investment - he wins several titles, maybe retires a heat, and if he decides to sell, the value would go up a bit tbh.

It's a buyer market right now anyway, housing pretty low atm.

Still, 50 mil for a house...goddamn.

who could buy it

DMX7
07-18-2010, 02:30 PM

:nope

But.... :lol

HarlemHeat37
07-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Second tbh. :depressed HarlemHeat promised to let LeBron cake the inside of his throat with his cock snot. I couldn't top that.

That's a lie, actually, I never said that..

Even if I wanted to, I'm not worthy, TBH..

Grey Spurfan
07-18-2010, 02:32 PM
stupid

his taxes per month will be over thousands of dollars a month

Over a thousands of dollars per month per month!?

sefant77
07-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Over 9000!

Zelophehad
07-18-2010, 02:39 PM
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8331/lebrondownjpg4da58e3030.jpg

Forgetting the concept altogether, this is such a lazy, shitty photoshop job. At least get the font right, plus stay allcaps.

jag
07-18-2010, 02:39 PM
No shit, he could have sent every single kid in that "girls and boys club" gym to college for 4 years for 5 million...1/10th of what he is paying for that useless ass house. Sure, it's nice, but who really needs to drop that much fucking money on THAT MUCH fucking house when they'll barely be home most of the time and want ESPN to donate ad revenue to "his personal causes" for a shitty 1-hour special.

Just another NO-RING hypocrite...throw some cash at some "disadvantaged kids", make an appearence and take some photos, but make no real personal investment.

When it's your money you get to decide how you want to spend it. It's funny watching people tell him how much he should donate to charity. I hope you sponsor 5 african children. After all, it's only 30 cents a day.

JJ Hickson
07-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Consequences will never be the same.

Stringer_Bell
07-18-2010, 03:35 PM
When it's your money you get to decide how you want to spend it. It's funny watching people tell him how much he should donate to charity. I hope you sponsor 5 african children. After all, it's only 30 cents a day.

I've sponsored more than five, and the rate is slightly less than that actually, but that has nothing to do with my point. I never said what Lebron should do, but rather what he could do if he really had any grasp over his financial success with regards to his brand as a role model and philanthropist. I'm criticizing the story because its inconsistent with a person that has a real, genuine, service-oriented focus in "the youth" as the media attempted to portray leading up to "The Decision." So much was made over those 5 scholarships that were donated in his name, but the dude could have given all those kids in the room scholarships to wherever they had the grades to get accepted to instead of University of Phoenix (isn't it all online classes anyway? You might wanna check into what a "degree" from there is actually worth in terms of the job market too.). Don't worry, folks, no need to question sending FIVE "underprivaleged" kids to UoP when King James has enough money to blow on a 50m mansion. It's cool, he's a "success." :rolleyes

HarlemHeat37
07-18-2010, 03:39 PM
:lol "so much was made"
:lol the media defending Lebron

Are you serious?..there was A LOT more media turning against Lebron, as opposed to defending him..

The only people that have even talked about Lebron's philanthropy are Lebron dick-riders like myself..

You must hate every player in the NBA if you're going by these standards:lol..to my knowledge, none of them spend most of their money on charitable efforts, which is basically what you're saying James should do..

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-18-2010, 03:41 PM
How is he a hypocrite?

Stringer_Bell
07-18-2010, 03:53 PM
You must hate every player in the NBA if you're going by these standards:lol..to my knowledge, none of them spend most of their money on charitable efforts, which is basically what you're saying James should do..

:p:

There's a huge difference between COULD and SHOULD. No one, or at least me, would be calling bullshit on Lebron about his "charity work" if he didn't make such a spectacle of it only to deliver so little. If you're gonna do something like he did, do it right or do it in silence.

Also, I like David Robinson because he set the standards but I tried to keep him outta the convo. :king

Stump
07-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Not bad for a runaway slave

JMarkJohns
07-18-2010, 04:09 PM
A kingdom for a castle.

namlook
07-18-2010, 05:07 PM
It's purchases like this that cause 60% of NBA players to go broke after they leave the league.

http://www.mediatakeout.com/2009/21738-study_60_of_nba_players_are_broke_after_5_years_of _retirement.html

Baseline
07-18-2010, 10:04 PM
Does he get a free vasectomy with this pad?

Wouldn't be a bad idea with the amount of talent that's going to be running through that place.

Sigz
07-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Nobody needs a house that big... that is fucking stupid.

Venti Quattro
07-18-2010, 10:57 PM
wow what the fuck THAT'S A HOME RIGHT THERE

ducks
07-18-2010, 11:04 PM
I hope you guys know that the taxes each year alone are a $1 million dollars and the utilities cost over $150,000.

Just keeping the house for the next 10 years will cost him over $11 million dollars. Talk about crazy:wow

I thought he wanted to be a billionare?

Banzai
07-18-2010, 11:13 PM
big house for a big ego.

Stump
07-18-2010, 11:16 PM
I thought he wanted to be a billionare?
Nobody said the guy was smart.

SenorSpur
07-19-2010, 12:01 AM

What makes you think that she's going to be moving with him? Don't you think that Was has probably been in his ear about the logic of relocated your girl to yoiur new city. After all, he's just going through a very nasty, nasty divorce.

SenorSpur
07-19-2010, 12:04 AM
lol sons I can't wait until 15 years from now we are seeing this worthless piece of shit doing "1-800-WEBUYGOLD" commercials because he blew all of his millions.

He'll be doing those ith Antonie Walker and Hammer.

SenorSpur
07-19-2010, 12:07 AM
8 bedrooms, 11.5 bathrooms

what the fuck

He needed the extra room to house the sychophants, yes-men and of course, his mom and Delonte.

Leonard Curse
07-19-2010, 12:50 AM
so w/ his biggest check yet to come, he managed to blow half of it b4 the season???????????? this is not a good sign and yeah i know i sound like a hater but if you think about his "crew" "family" hes all supporting and not to mention the lifestyle he lives even with endorsements this doesnt look to good