PDA

View Full Version : This is a JOKE!!!

MadisonStreetBuck
07-18-2010, 03:35 PM
:lobt: (we won't being seeing one of these this year!)

I've followed the Spurs ever since "The Admiral" came to town from the Navy in "89", and I even moved here 3 years ago to buy season tickets to go to the games to see the team that I loved. Off the record I paid $30K for the rights to seats in SEC. 8, Row 9, Seats 9 thru 12. If you all are familiar with the AT&T Center, they are PRIMO, the best seats in the house dead center court with elevation so nobody with the Admiral's height could ruin your night.
Anyway enough of that, but I wanted to paint the picture for my next comment.

SOMEBODY WAKE UP HOLT & BUFORD !! :sleep
FOR AN ORGANIZATION THAT EACH YEAR PUT THE BEST POSSIBLE TEAM OUT THERE THAT THEY COULD, THEY HAVE GONE FISHING FOR THE 2010-11 SEASON EVEN BEFORE TNT'S KENNY SMITH WENT WITH THEM. WITH THE BEST CLASS OF FREE AGENTS OUT THERE IN A LONG TIME, I HAVE NOT EVEN HEARD OF THEM GETTING INVOLVED TO BRING ANYONE HERE!! :bang

The only good thing is that Jefferson :toast is probably "see ya later", which is a plus, but how about at least a J. O'Neil or even a David Lee to come in to help an aging "21" hold the inside. All you have to do is look at the Spurs Champ. years and on the inside they had 2 "yes" 2 real bigs. Robinson/Duncan, "99 and "03", Duncan/Nazi in "05" and Duncan/Elson (somewhat) in "07".

And these talks about trading Parker! :( That just goes to show that they are flunking NBA 2010-11.

What a joke to put out 35K for season tickets knowing that we have no shot! To my fellow Spurs fans:

We're going nowhere~~:smchode:

This team without a MAJOR land goes Deep Sea FISHING.

Take care,

I will always love my Spurs~~~
:flag:

chazley
07-18-2010, 03:38 PM
You're wrong. Spurs will be better next year than this past season. Lots of young talent coming in and improving, Tony coming back fully healthy, Manu sounds super motivated, and Tim will be Tim (still 5th in the league in PER last season, people forget how dominant he was to start the season, looked better than he had since his MVP seasons). Manu and Tim might show slight overall declines because of age, but everyone else will be better.

ChumpDumper
07-18-2010, 03:39 PM
I think Splitter is better than Elson and Nazr.

dbestpro
07-18-2010, 03:41 PM
I take exception with those people who shell out 30k for tickets and think they are too good to cheer. I have little sympathy for the the lower row pinky extended tea sippers.

Shastafarian
07-18-2010, 03:44 PM
How should they have gone about getting David Lee?

20beastie45
07-18-2010, 03:46 PM
wow what crawled up your @$& and died?

ohmwrecker
07-18-2010, 03:47 PM
Well, that wasn't funny at all.

MadisonStreetBuck
07-18-2010, 03:48 PM
This Splitter doesn't even know where he wants to play from day to day. Now that's commitment!, and even if he does come in, the NBA game will chew him up for a bit if not forever.

Look at Mahinmi ~ same gig, different body~

IF the Spurs win 50 with this team, their Lucky, and the bottom line is:
this roster has no shot at the Lakers. Forget Mr. Bryant, look at their bigs, without seasoned bigs to help Duncan, look to "11"-"12" and some strong test line if the fish are biting.

Shastafarian
07-18-2010, 03:49 PM

manustarting2gd
07-18-2010, 03:49 PM
I think Splitter is better than Elson and Nazr.

Call me crazy but..Im banking on T.Splitter to be better than both Elson and Nazr combined.

See the thing Mr 30k ticket buyer is we did land a big name player, just not in the States. Trouble is David is long gone and everyone has upgraded sir... enjoy ur matt bonner 3 pts folks... its foools goooold

MadisonStreetBuck
07-18-2010, 03:51 PM
For Lee, they should have put Hill in a deal.

Shastafarian
07-18-2010, 03:52 PM
For Lee, they should have put Hill in a deal.

Hill and what else?

Do you know how much Lee signed for?

20beastie45
07-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Call me crazy but..Im banking on T.Splitter to be better than both Elson and Nazr combined.

See the thing Mr 30k ticket buyer is we did land a big name player, just not in the States. Trouble is David is long gone and everyone has upgraded sir... enjoy ur matt bonner 3 pts folks... its foools goooold

I agree....Splitter will become a big name player(maybe not all star) in the States.

20beastie45
07-18-2010, 03:56 PM
by the way....I think FAB was Timmy's twin in 07 not Elson(high low bounce pass)

HarlemHeat37
07-18-2010, 03:57 PM
Hill and what else?

Do you know how much Lee signed for?

:lol

He obviously did his research before he made this thread, stop questioning him..

Shastafarian
07-18-2010, 03:58 PM
:lol

He obviously did his research before he made this thread, stop questioning him..

He's probably a troll

You need to change your avatar. I thought you were ducks for a second.

MadisonStreetBuck
07-18-2010, 04:01 PM
People just hate agreeing with reality.

If your banking on the Brazilian Boy to be better than Elson and Naz combined, I hope you're right. Don't be surprised if he doesn't get on that plane to S.A., In the last few years we've had some crap luck. The B.B. staying home, the blotched deal for the guard that we were supposed to get from Houston, then he decides to go home, and of course we send let Scola go to Houston, so he can play, and he takes us everytime he plays us. At least if we had him, Blair, and Duncan, we might be able to fend off the Bryants boys. But will never know~

Look at the Heat and their fans, they hate REALITY!

as do Bryant's boys~

ChuckD
07-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Probably time to check out until the season starts. It's meltdown time now that people are realizing that LeBron isn't going to sign with us for the LLE. :lol

BlairForceDejuan
07-18-2010, 04:05 PM
The Spurs have a solid team. The NBA just has numerous good teams now and not just one (or two) like there was during the Spurs Dynasty.

Elson and Naz in TODAY's NBA :rollin

Shastafarian
07-18-2010, 04:06 PM
People just hate agreeing with reality.The reality of getting David Lee?

If your banking on the Brazilian Boy to be better than Elson and Naz combined, I hope you're right. Why is he our Brazilian boy? Oh, cuz you're not a real fan?

Don't be surprised if he doesn't get on that plane to S.A., In the last few years we've had some crap luck.What? He already signed a contract.

The B.B. staying home, the blotched deal for the guard that we were supposed to get from Houston, then he decides to go home, and of course we send let Scola go to Houston, so he can play, and he takes us everytime he plays us.The Spurs knew Spanoulis wanted to go back home. Horrible trade? Yes. Reason to think Tiago will somehow miss his flight or back out of his contract? :lol

At least if we had him, Blair, and Duncan, we might be able to fend off the Bryants boys. But will never know~If I checked your IP, would it be in Los Angeles....

as do Bryant's boys~

...I'm guessing so

smrattler
07-18-2010, 04:07 PM
For a guy that can pay 35K for season tickets, I find his lack of research, and misuse of punctuation/capitalization pretty disturbing.

Where the hell were you living that you moved to San Antonio to root for your favorite team near the end of the Duncan era? WTF?

Ah, never mind.

ElNono
07-18-2010, 04:21 PM
It's not a joke.

Then again, there's not much the FO can do if guys like Jones opt to leave money on the table to go play somewhere else.

Blackjack
07-18-2010, 04:21 PM
LOL ... chazley still trying to hold on to the #1 poster claim.

Trill Clinton
07-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Threadstarter is a dumbass

Muser
07-18-2010, 04:27 PM

Trading Parker obviously. All retarded trades must involve him.

slick'81
07-18-2010, 04:33 PM
gotta have faith

gospursgojas
07-18-2010, 04:44 PM
All you guys taking the bait.

I mean the OP stated in the title that this is a joke.

LOL very funny. :lol 35k on seats

Shastafarian
07-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Trading Parker obviously. All retarded trades must involve him.

And these talks about trading Parker! :( That just goes to show that they are flunking NBA 2010-11.

TheSullyMonster
07-18-2010, 05:04 PM
The Spurs have a solid team. The NBA just has numerous good teams now and not just one (or two) like there was during the Spurs Dynasty.

Elson and Naz in TODAY's NBA :rollin

Shit have you seen the centers that play these days?:lmao

I'm surprised they're not still playing just for the money.:lol

Edit: Hell, aren't they still playing?:hat

lotr1trekkie
07-18-2010, 05:04 PM
If Madisonstreet Buck is paying out of pocket, he has a complaint. If he is writing off his tickets to the IRS, he has no bitch. If the best seats at the game come out of pocket- no problem! $600- $10,000 seats at courtside as a tax deduction? Hell no!

redzero
07-18-2010, 05:06 PM
How spoiled of you, OP.

ohmwrecker
07-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Edit: Hell, aren't they still playing?:hat

Didn't they play for the same team last year?

wut
07-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Not trying to be a hater, but you sounds more like a concerned consumer than a concerned Spurs fan; stop "wasting" your money if you don't like watching entertaining basketball in amazing seats.

Hill, Manu, Splitter, Blair on the court at the same time would be amazing to watch....if you can't realize that; you really should stop wasting those seats on someone who can't appreciate it.

4>0rings
07-18-2010, 05:48 PM
You probably would of had a better time throwing that 35k in a fire. Enjoying catching Matt Bonners sweat in your face as he runs around the 3 point line.

iManu
07-18-2010, 05:54 PM
This has nothing to do with basketball, this has to do with economic crisis.

: D
baloncesto, balón [Basketball]

iManu
07-18-2010, 05:55 PM
: D

iManu
07-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Strange.

TheSullyMonster
07-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Also, troll or no. Shit, I have better things to spend my money on than $833 a spurs game. Not counting drinks, food, parking, etc.

Hell, even if I do have that much money to blow-I'm going to do it at a sports bar and get a hell of a lot of food/beer(and a cab, there and back).

callo1
07-18-2010, 06:26 PM
I take exception with those people who shell out 30k for tickets and think they are too good to cheer. I have little sympathy for the the lower row pinky extended tea sippers.

Me too, I''m calling those guys to come take your "High Life" away from you:nope

Seriously, the Spurs will be a better team next year, and there is still plenty of time between now and the trade deadline to make some changes.

Just as it is premature to claim titles in July, it is equally premature to completely rule them out.

Despite the Spurs loss to the Suns, who were built with the sole purpose to get by Spurs, imho the Spurs would have matched up better against the Lakers than those same Suns did.

Don't start building the gallows until after Allstar break, and thenwhen you do, there will be plenty of people around with a hammer & nail ready to help.

smrattler
07-18-2010, 10:33 PM
Also, troll or no. Shit, I have better things to spend my money on than $833 a spurs game. Not counting drinks, food, parking, etc.

Hell, even if I do have that much money to blow-I'm going to do it at a sports bar and get a hell of a lot of food/beer(and a cab, there and back).

How much beer are you gonna drink for that?

Hell, buy rounds for everyone every game, you'd be the most popular guy there. :toast

BOHOLANO#21
07-18-2010, 10:51 PM
Fuck you madison! Quitter...

TheSullyMonster
07-18-2010, 11:11 PM
How much beer are you gonna drink for that?

Hell, buy rounds for everyone every game, you'd be the most popular guy there. :toast

Exactly.

None of this "I can't afford a babysitter AND a night out" bullshit from my friends. Bitch, I'll pay for both, now get your fat ass out here and yell at the TV with me.

buttsR4rebounding
07-18-2010, 11:22 PM
People just hate agreeing with reality.

If your banking on the Brazilian Boy to be better than Elson and Naz combined, I hope you're right. Don't be surprised if he doesn't get on that plane to S.A., In the last few years we've had some crap luck. The B.B. staying home, the blotched deal for the guard that we were supposed to get from Houston, then he decides to go home, and of course we send let Scola go to Houston, so he can play, and he takes us everytime he plays us. At least if we had him, Blair, and Duncan, we might be able to fend off the Bryants boys. But will never know~

as do Bryant's boys~

Dude, your 4 takes don't exaclty give you much cred. Then you you spew crap that is just assinine..."don't be surprised if he doesn't get on that plane to S.A." and the "blotched (I assume you mean botched) deal for the guard that we were supposed to get from Houston". Splitter signed a contract so, yes it would be very surprising if he didn't get on a plane to SA. As for VSpan, that was the reason we traded for him because he wasn't staying and the Spurs were trying to stay under the luxury tax. At least know what you are talking about before you try take number 5.:bang

The Truth #6
07-18-2010, 11:33 PM
Madison and Fabbs probably know each other.

FeZZy
07-18-2010, 11:51 PM
cool story bro

Leonard Curse
07-18-2010, 11:57 PM
The reality of getting David Lee?

Why is he our Brazilian boy? Oh, cuz you're not a real fan?
What? He already signed a contract.
The Spurs knew Spanoulis wanted to go back home. Horrible trade? Yes. Reason to think Tiago will somehow miss his flight or back out of his contract? :lol
If I checked your IP, would it be in Los Angeles....

...I'm guessing so
:wakeup im with you on this one shastafarian, this guy reeks of purple and gold i could be wrong he might be from a nearby texas team considering his scola bombs:lol

Kori Ellis
07-19-2010, 12:18 AM
The original poster is in San Antonio.

GSH
07-19-2010, 12:58 AM
Off the record I paid $30K for the rights to seats in SEC. 8

1. On the record - are you talking about Section 8 housing?
2. Yes, Nazr and Elson put us right over the top those two years.:rolleyes (Please try to refrain from calling him "Nazi".)
4. $35K won't pay for a 10-day contract for an un-drafted rookie.
5. Even in 1989, there was a salary cap. You should look into it.
6. People screamed the same stuff after the 07 offseason. That team won 56 games, and lost in the WCF. A couple of bounces, a couple of whistles (and mostly Manu's ankle being healthy), and that team could have won it all.

If you're laying odds against this team winning 50 games, I'd be more than willing to take some of that action.

lotr1trekkie
07-19-2010, 09:33 AM
Thanks for cable/dish TV. Otherwise I'd never see the Spurs.
If the Congress really wanted to cut the budget they would limit corporate/business tax deductions for all sporting events. Most of the best seats in any house are subsidized as a tax deduction. The vast majority of courtside seats and luxury boxes are written off, as is parking and food. Why not allow tax deductions for all fans?

Leetonidas
07-19-2010, 10:43 AM
:lobt: (we won't being seeing one of these this year!)

I've followed the Spurs ever since "The Admiral" came to town from the Navy in "89", and I even moved here 3 years ago to buy season tickets to go to the games to see the team that I loved. Off the record I paid $30K for the rights to seats in SEC. 8, Row 9, Seats 9 thru 12. If you all are familiar with the AT&T Center, they are PRIMO, the best seats in the house dead center court with elevation so nobody with the Admiral's height could ruin your night.
Anyway enough of that, but I wanted to paint the picture for my next comment.

SOMEBODY WAKE UP HOLT & BUFORD !! :sleep
FOR AN ORGANIZATION THAT EACH YEAR PUT THE BEST POSSIBLE TEAM OUT THERE THAT THEY COULD, THEY HAVE GONE FISHING FOR THE 2010-11 SEASON EVEN BEFORE TNT'S KENNY SMITH WENT WITH THEM. WITH THE BEST CLASS OF FREE AGENTS OUT THERE IN A LONG TIME, I HAVE NOT EVEN HEARD OF THEM GETTING INVOLVED TO BRING ANYONE HERE!! :bang

The only good thing is that Jefferson :toast is probably "see ya later", which is a plus, but how about at least a J. O'Neil or even a David Lee to come in to help an aging "21" hold the inside. All you have to do is look at the Spurs Champ. years and on the inside they had 2 "yes" 2 real bigs. Robinson/Duncan, "99 and "03", Duncan/Nazi in "05" and Duncan/Elson (somewhat) in "07".

What a joke to put out 35K for season tickets knowing that we have no shot! To my fellow Spurs fans:

We're going nowhere~~:smchode:

This team without a MAJOR land goes Deep Sea FISHING.

Take care,

I will always love my Spurs~~~
:flag:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/pwnjoo1/coolstorybro3.jpg

Leetonidas
07-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Also OP for being such a die hard fan, if you are in fact not a troll, you're a fucking idiot. Best FA class? You realize they have to want to come here right? O'Neal went to Boston, and Lee was traded to Golden State. Have you even taken a look at what free agents are left?

Besides O'Neal is old and injury prone, yep just what we need, and Lee plays no defense and is outta our price range. You act as if RC and Pop signed Splitter and thought "Okay, we're done." No you tard, obviously they are working on resigning RJ and getting a backup SF but shit doesn't just happen overnight. We are 19 days into free agency and still 3+ months until the season starts, not to mention 7+ months until the trade deadline. So, in closing, STFU. :toast

mountainballer
07-19-2010, 10:50 AM
another thread that deserves this:

http://www.burbuja.info/inmobiliaria/attachments/burbuja-inmobiliaria/14085d1251294358-barroso-cree-que-espana-se-beneficiara-de-la-recuperacion-economica-en-2010-facepalm_implied.jpg