PDA

View Full Version : Biggest improvement in 2011?

mchammer
07-18-2010, 10:50 PM
What do you think will be our biggest improvement this year vs. last season? Here is my top 5:

1) Parker's health throughout the year- fully recovered from plantar fasciitis, I see no reason why he can't regain his form from 2 years ago when he was the Spurs MVP. This alone should allow us to win an extra few more games.

2) Greater integration of McDyess, Blair and Jefferson (assuming he comes back) into the team. As has been noted frequently, players make vast improvements after a year in the Spurs system. Additionally with Blair, I think he'll improve tremendously this year with much greater playing time. He showed some great flashes last year, esp. that last Dallas game.

3) More confident George Hill- the playoffs and the stretch run last year will make him much more assertive on offense this year and better serve as Parker's back-up.

4) Splitter- he will have much more of an impact in the 2nd half and hopefully the playoff run. His defense and ability to give more Duncan rest I think will be his key contributions.

5) Better 3 pt shooting- Anderson>Mason, Manu in better form, Bonner being more healthy, Jefferson can't shoot worst than last year. We do need another proven shooter to complement the current guys.

ducks
07-18-2010, 10:58 PM
tp will be the key

ElNono
07-18-2010, 11:01 PM
I want our defense to improve. It has to if we want to have any remote chance. That's why I'm more interested in what can Splitter bring defensively more than anything else.
I guess letting Mason and Centerpiece walk automatically improves the perimeter defense, but whoever ends up getting their minutes has to bring their A game defensively.

HarlemHeat37
07-18-2010, 11:07 PM
#1- Parker's health..I agree completely..he should be the Spurs go-to scorer and take some weight off Timmy and Manu's shoulders during the regular season, giving them more rest for the playoffs..

#2- Health and depth w/ Tim Duncan..for the past 2 seasons, Duncan has broken down during the 2nd half of the season, and part of the playoffs..I'm hoping that with the added depth/help up front, and with Manu/Tony hopefully avoiding injury, Tim won't have to carry the team in the 1st half like he did in the past 2 seasons..holding his minutes to 25-30, keeping him out of some back-to-backs, and just having the general help and depth should help keep him fresh for the playoffs..

As Duncan showed us in the 1st half of these seasons and to begin the playoffs, when he's fresh, he's still great..

#3- Defense..while Splitter isn't athletic, he's mobile enough to give the Spurs something they haven't had there in a few seasons, and he also brings some much needed size..with Hill already on the perimeter, and the possible additions of a combination of Hairston, Temple, Anderson and Gee on the wing, the Spurs should finally have some much needed athleticism to compete with athletic/fast teams on the wing as well..

ducks
07-18-2010, 11:35 PM
tp if healthy should be awesome especially in playoffsif he is not extened
he will want to show the spurs he is worth what he want

he will be player to get the max

Nathan89
07-18-2010, 11:43 PM
Texas2step really wants to get his message across.