PDA

View Full Version : Could we do this S&T?

MullinFan
07-19-2010, 01:32 AM
Was checking the Detroit Pistons forums on here, and noticed that they might be trying to move Teyshaun Prince and/or Rip hamilton. Both of those guys are good defenders and can shoot. Could we possibly do a S&T for either of them with Jefferson? Maybe throw in a few picks? (provided he signs with us)
I tried to check the numbers on this, but realgm doesn't list Richards salary to compare....

Mal
07-19-2010, 01:39 AM
RJ wants longer contract. Detroit dont want long contracts. Next...

SpurCharger
07-19-2010, 01:44 AM
Would Take Tayshaun..... But No Thanks To Rip.... Rip Wouldnt Fit in Our System..... Tayshaun Would fit Good....

chazley
07-19-2010, 01:46 AM
Would love to have Tayshaun, but we can't get him using RJ in a sign and trade for multiple reasons.

baseline bum
07-19-2010, 01:50 AM
I don't think Hamilton would work well on this team being asked to be a spot-up shooter. What the Spurs really need is Bowen and a time machine.

MaNu4Tres
07-19-2010, 01:54 AM
Detroit has cheap options at SF in Daye and Jerebko. They would not want to take back a long term contract with a high salary at the SF position unless it was for LeBron or Melo.

Therefore no we can't.

lurker23
07-19-2010, 01:56 AM
I don't think Hamilton would work well on this team being asked to be a spot-up shooter. What the Spurs really need is Bowen and a time machine.

Bowen and a time machine, eh? ...I knew there was a reason for the bow tie!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4063/4403371633_1541b5f28b_o.jpg http://change-production.s3.amazonaws.com/photos/wordpress_copies/criminaljustice/2009/03/peabody.jpg

Darthkiller
07-19-2010, 10:05 AM
the last thing we need is another SF, we have a gazillion of them

Darrin
07-19-2010, 10:08 AM
the last thing we need is another SF, we have a gazillion of them

Another overpriced one at that. It's trading one problem for a very similar problem over a longer number of years. No offense to Richard Jefferson.

MullinFan
07-19-2010, 10:58 AM
Ah well, just trying to throw some ideas out is all... I know alot of the FA are signing elsewhere and with whats left im not too excited about. I just have this bad feeling that if pop thought he could play bonner at center this past year, who says he wont park his ass at SF?

DJB
07-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Would Take Tayshaun..... But No Thanks To Rip.... Rip Wouldnt Fit in Our System..... Tayshaun Would fit Good....

That's a dumb statement, RIP would be an awesome Spur.

Nathan89
07-19-2010, 11:55 AM
rip contract=11mil
tayshaun=12.5ml

It will not work.

clubalien
07-19-2010, 12:00 PM
rip contract=11mil
tayshaun=12.5ml

It will not work.

while RJ WAS making 15 mil he now is a free agent that spurs hold his bird rights. which means we can sign him for any amount from minimum to max contract. we probably couldn't get both but could match salary for one easily.

Nathan89
07-19-2010, 12:09 PM
while RJ WAS making 15 mil he now is a free agent that spurs hold his bird rights. which means we can sign him for any amount from minimum to max contract. we probably couldn't get both but could match salary for one easily.

Yeah we could get rip(3years remaining) if we signed rj to a one year deal but not prince because he only has on year left. I wouldn't want rip for three years with that contract. We cant get prince and that is who I want most between the two of them.

MullinFan
07-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Can we still do a S&T with jefferson to someone for picks and/or T/E? And if so, how long does the exception last?

Agloco
07-19-2010, 07:12 PM
rip contract=11mil
tayshaun=12.5ml

It will not work.

Because Detroit is just itching to pay RJ either 11 mil or 12.5 mil this season.....:lol

RJ will be lucky to command MLE level money at this rate.

Agloco
07-19-2010, 07:13 PM
Can we still do a S&T with jefferson to someone for picks and/or T/E? And if so, how long does the exception last?

Trade exceptions are good for one calendar year.

Sorry to rain on your parade Mullin, but Rip and Prince make far too much to trade straight up for RJ. It would require another player being thrown in, plus a second rounder I'd think.

RJ and Bonner perhaps? Just sayin......:hat

Seventyniner
07-19-2010, 07:41 PM
If RJ still had a $15M expiring contract (i.e. had he not opted out), I could see him and salary filler (not sure the Spurs would've had enough) being traded for Prince + Hamilton as a salary dump for the Pistons. As it stands, it's not happening.