PDA

View Full Version : Which ST poster is this?

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-19-2010, 02:05 AM
im going to this track next saturday, so i been lookin up vids on it
the guys wrecks kinda bad near the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV83mmHQO9w&feature=related

Cry Havoc
07-19-2010, 07:12 AM
:lol "So close"

No, you weren't. He was 5-10 feet from clearing that last jump.

CosmicCowboy
07-19-2010, 08:54 AM
Yeah, when you get in the whoop-de-doos like that you gotta go hard or not go at all.

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Yeah, when you get in the whoop-de-doos like that you gotta go hard or not go at all.

yeah youre def right
im trying to learn the whoops right now and my *instructor* tells me-
" you know you did it correctly if you barely made it through them without crashing"
im like thats not the technical instruction i was looking for, only to have it confirmed by 2 other pros

CosmicCowboy
07-19-2010, 03:33 PM
A guy I used to race with was running the supercross in the Astrodome and they had a badass set of WDD's...one guy started hitting a triple in practice so everybody knew they had to triple too to be competitive...my buddy went through the forks trying it and almost ripped his nutsack completely off...he has one teflon testicle now.

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-19-2010, 09:06 PM
um, CC im going to an mx track saturday. this is not what i want to be hearing
but for real though i got some gear today and was hitting some doubles behind my house.
its fun as hell if you commit

CosmicCowboy
07-20-2010, 08:37 AM
um, CC im going to an mx track saturday. this is not what i want to be hearing
but for real though i got some gear today and was hitting some doubles behind my house.
its fun as hell if you commit

I loved the rush. Just remember, if you keep pushing your limits you ARE gonna crash. I finally quit when I damn near killed myself. I was about 10' off the ground going 70 miles an hour backwards and upside down when I finally realized me doing motocross was not a good idea.

CosmicCowboy
07-20-2010, 08:42 AM
Y'alls equipment is a lot better now. This was my big bore ride back in the day.

400# 42hp. It would shit and git. Compared to the new bikes it didn't handle for shit but it was crazy fast.

http://www.suzukicycles.org/photos/RM-RMX-series/RM370-brochures/1976_RM370_sales1a_800.jpg

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Y'alls equipment is a lot better now. This was my big bore ride back in the day.

400# 42hp. It would shit and git. Compared to the new bikes it didn't handle for shit but it was crazy fast.

http://www.suzukicycles.org/photos/RM-RMX-series/RM370-brochures/1976_RM370_sales1a_800.jpg

nice bike, ive got a nice practice track out behind the neighborhood and a buddy just got a 1984 yamaha yz 490 last friday. that is one bad bitch. not that a 370 isnt but shit man this 490 is a big mans bike. i didnt even ride it due to my chicken-shitedness . i will be riding it this saturday no doubt
of course he chooses to wait until he's on my cr125 to wipe out. i guess riding his bike all day and then getting on a 125 he got too comfotable too quickly. ima go grab a pic of his 490

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-20-2010, 02:45 PM
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/007-3.jpg

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-20-2010, 02:47 PM
here he is about to get on my bike
he's thinking, " im so gonna dominate you"
and no more than 5 minutes later he's got a bloody face
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/brian302_bucket/006-2.jpg

CosmicCowboy
07-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Nice bike...Those 125's are light and fun.

Yeah, your buddies bike is after they all made the monoshock transition...much nicer ride. Your right...those big bikes can hurt you fast. Make sure you wear your MX boots when you start it. Otherwise they can break your foot/ankle when they kick back.

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Nice bike...Those 125's are light and fun.

Yeah, your buddies bike is after they all made the monoshock transition...much nicer ride. Your right...those big bikes can hurt you fast. Make sure you wear your MX boots when you start it. Otherwise they can break your foot/ankle when they kick back.

:lmao i cant believe you said that
i wasnt gonna be a drama queen but i been icing my ankle all week!
that bitch is hard to start so we took turns . on my last turn i slammed down on the kicker only to jam the fuck outta my ankle
so im thinkin this aint about to ruin my day of riding and "walked" it off
well i guess my ankle said ok we'll talk aboot this later cause after riding and gettin cleaned up i sat down for an hour or so. when i got up it felt broken,
couldnt put any weight whatsoever. :lol so i been icing it all week tryin to be ready for saturday :lmao

CosmicCowboy
07-20-2010, 03:45 PM
:lmao i cant believe you said that
i wasnt gonna be a drama queen but i been icing my ankle all week!
that bitch is hard to start so we took turns . on my last turn i slammed down on the kicker only to jam the fuck outta my ankle
so im thinkin this aint about to ruin my day of riding and "walked" it off
well i guess my ankle said ok we'll talk aboot this later cause after riding and gettin cleaned up i sat down for an hour or so. when i got up it felt broken,
couldnt put any weight whatsoever. :lol so i been icing it all week tryin to be ready for saturday :lmao

Yeah, don't ever try to start that big bitch in shoes without a steel arch plate and lace up/strap up ankle support.

Is he running bean oil or the new synthetics?

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-20-2010, 03:49 PM
he's running a high dollar castrol
im runnin yamalube
im a beginner so i gotta be conscious of how i ride as not to foul the plug
i made it many hours before finally fouling the first one yesterday
luckily it happened as i was goin to the track and not at it
still had to push it back up the street

CosmicCowboy
07-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Heres a description of the wreck I had that convinced me I needed to get rid of that bad ass bike...

I was young, bulletproof, and thought I was invincible. I was a couple years out of college, single and had a great job. I was running with a bunch of extreme sport crazies and loving it. If we weren't water skiing or surfing we were racing motocross, racing hobie cats, driving 100mph go carts, snow skiing...you name it we were up for it...

I had just bought a house in subdivision that was still being developed...there was probably only 300-400 houses there at the time and they were constantly cutting new streets back in the woods and it was a huge playground between the houses and the lake for a young bulletproof guy on a motocross bike...

I was out playing one evening after work and rode up on the latest new development phase...they were cutting roads and stockpiling the dirt to use for backfilling behind the curbs...it was a huge pile...probably 40' tall, 80' wide, and a hundred yards long...

In one corner of the pile they had obviously been scooping dirt out with a front end loader and there was about a 6' sloping face with the hill rising behind it...it had rained since they had done it so the dirt had repacked...

I was riding by it and saw it and went...hmmm...I think I can jump that...I stopped the bike and walked up and checked it out...looked at the angles...stomped on the dirt...and decided to give it a try...

(understand, I'm by myself and about 2 miles back in the woods from civilization and it's rapidly getting dark)

*reinsert young, stupid, and bulletproof*

I backed off about 50 yards and hit it tapped out in first gear and got sweet air and a good uphill landing...

I was stroked and decided to try it from further back tapped out in 2nd gear...that was even BETTER.

Then I did it in 3rd gear tapped our...hang time was INCREDIBLE.

I should have stopped there...but NOOOOOOO...I had to try it tapped out in FOURTH GEAR (about 70mph)

It got ugly quick. Hitting the ramp was like hitting a wall. I got out on the front of the bike and corrected in the air but I was way high and way fast. Got centered on the bike, got balanced, and touched down with the rear wheel and the front wheel landed in a rain rut...

I bore down, got the front wheel straight...and then my right shoulder exploded...pushed my right arm straight through my rotator cuff...

I was right at the top of the pile when this happened and the forks whipped right to lock and the bike tripped and flipped...

And it was all in slow motion after that...I remember being 10' in the air over the top of the dirt pile, upside down and backwards going probably 60mph...

And then I was OVER the pile and suddenly the ground was dropping away...

DANG it was a long way down...

Nothing to do but try to ride it out. I got on top of the bike in the air and fortunately hit the ground on the bottom part of the slope instead of hitting flat ground, so I could slide and tumble.

It was one of those epiphany moments where after it is all over you just lay there, try to draw a breath, and start wiggling fingers and toes and take inventory.

I had helmet, boots, etc, and it turned out that besides the blown rotator cuff all I had were cuts and bruises...

But I still had the issue of being 2 miles from home, my entire right arm/side was numb and totally useless and it was almost dark...

I managed to stand the bike up and kick start it with one arm (no small feat with those old big bore ankle breakers) and ride home using my left hand on the throttle...

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-20-2010, 04:01 PM
Da-yum

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-20-2010, 04:05 PM
man i have people around me that act bulletproof but i cant bring myself to that state of mind on a dirt bike. in my dirt track CAR yes, im pretty confident. but shit man, on a bike?
i know that im getting more and more comfortable every day but i hope i never get ahead pf myself
you keep these stories coming, CC and i'll never get outta 1st gear this weekend

CosmicCowboy
07-20-2010, 04:19 PM
nahhhh...get out there and rip it...just wear all the protective gear and know you are gonna bite it hard occasionally.

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-20-2010, 04:21 PM
nahhhh...get out there and rip it...just wear all the protective gear and know you are gonna bite it hard occasionally.
heard