PDA

View Full Version : This message board has gotten so bad so fast.

TheSpursFNRule
07-19-2010, 03:32 AM
I don't post here to often, maybe because I have a real job.. but I used to really enjoy reading analysis and found some of the posters opinions on basketball interesting and insightful. Some people really had some good things to say about basketball. Now every thread I read turns into lakaluva acting like a jack ass, or twenty plus people responding and egging him on buy calling him a stinky pakistani. Also the amount of homophobia on this board is downright disgusting and plain sad. Yes, I do realize that most of the people here are virgins who cruise the internet for women with great features to put in their profiles so people don't think their gay. You need to realize that anyone who has been with a women multiple times is comfortable enough with their sexuality that they don't need to talk about how much they hate gays or change their signature from a chick with a great ass to a chick with great tits. Most of you people are fucking pathetic and I truly feel sorry for you, wasting your precious time here on earth acting like a god damn fool on the internet. For everyone else..timvp, Kori, Mel13, HarlemHeat and others(many others) who I have read over the years; Thank you. You have no idea who I am but I have enjoyed reading your insights on the game and same with other posters of Spurstalk who are actually interested in discussing the beautiful game of basketball.

As for the rest of you internet nerds, fuck all of you. I started a topic a while back about Dirk and where he ranks among the greats who haven't won a ring. All I got was a bunch of spam and inside jokes from internet nerds. What the fuck? Who are the admins here? Yeah i've started joke threads and had fun on this board but why does every topic have to turn into some bashing and flaming of another person. Also why the fuck is lakaluva on this board? Congrats lakaluva you have done your job. Singlehandedly ruining a good message board. If a Spur fan were to go on a Laker message board it would be only to spam and piss people off. Congrats lakaluva you are doing a hell of a job and this isn't your fault. Its the people who egg you on, because anyone with a brain knows your sitting at your computer laughing your ass off while everyone else is super pissed.
:flag:

balldontlie
07-19-2010, 03:42 AM
well I just got approved today, and this is the first thread that greets me

Kori Ellis
07-19-2010, 03:45 AM
It hasn't been fast. The NBA forum has been a cesspool since 2006. There's no way to really fix it, other than to ban 90% of the people who post in it, which might happen soon. The little cliques obsess on certain things (i.e. Pakistani) and repeat them to the point of ridiculousness.

Go to the Spurs forum or Think Tank for more actual basketball discussion. Though the offseason is full of nonsense everywhere.

cobbler
07-19-2010, 03:58 AM
I don't post here to often, maybe because I have a real job.. but I used to really enjoy reading analysis and found some of the posters opinions on basketball interesting and insightful. Some people really had some good things to say about basketball. Now every thread I read turns into lakaluva acting like a jack ass, or twenty plus people responding and egging him on buy calling him a stinky pakistani. Also the amount of homophobia on this board is downright disgusting and plain sad. Yes, I do realize that most of the people here are virgins who cruise the internet for women with great features to put in their profiles so people don't think their gay. You need to realize that anyone who has been with a women multiple times is comfortable enough with their sexuality that they don't need to talk about how much they hate gays or change their signature from a chick with a great ass to a chick with great tits. Most of you people are fucking pathetic and I truly feel sorry for you, wasting your precious time here on earth acting like a god damn fool on the internet. For everyone else..timvp, Kori, Mel13, HarlemHeat and others(many others) who I have read over the years; Thank you. You have no idea who I am but I have enjoyed reading your insights on the game and same with other posters of Spurstalk who are actually interested in discussing the beautiful game of basketball.

As for the rest of you internet nerds, fuck all of you. I started a topic a while back about Dirk and where he ranks among the greats who haven't won a ring. All I got was a bunch of spam and inside jokes from internet nerds. What the fuck? Who are the admins here? Yeah i've started joke threads and had fun on this board but why does every topic have to turn into some bashing and flaming of another person. Also why the fuck is lakaluva on this board? Congrats lakaluva you have done your job. Singlehandedly ruining a good message board. If a Spur fan were to go on a Laker message board it would be only to spam and piss people off. Congrats lakaluva you are doing a hell of a job and this isn't your fault. Its the people who egg you on, because anyone with a brain knows your sitting at your computer laughing your ass off while everyone else is super pissed.

Really? Harlem is one of the biggest racists on the board and constantly perpetuates the Pakistani comments. Not to mention his complete obsession with everything Laker and Kobe related. I have said many times when he pulls his head out of the stat sheet he can offer up some good basketball insight. However, his obsession, racism, and Kobe infatuation makes him look like a fool. Not unlike how your pointing him out to contradict the issues you have with the forum even though he is one of the biggest offenders makes you look. :toast

Chieflion
07-19-2010, 04:00 AM
Really? Harlem is one of the biggest racists on the board and constantly perpetuates the Pakistani comments. Not to mention his complete obsession with everything Laker and Kobe related. I have said many times when he pulls his head out of the stat sheet he can offer up some good basketball insight. However, his obsession, racism, and Kobe infatuation makes him look like a fool. Not unlike how your pointing him out to contradict the issues you have with the forum even though he is one of the biggest offenders makes you look. :toast

Not as much of a racist as lakaluva by calling Chinese people gooks.

timvp
07-19-2010, 04:04 AM
I'm an NBA Forum Fan. But yeah it thrives in spurts. Sometimes it's a really funny place but then sometimes it gets lame and repetitive. Thankfully, it usually autocorrects itself. It doesn't stay down for too long.

cobbler
07-19-2010, 04:07 AM
Not as much of a racist as lakaluva by calling Chinese people gooks.

No argument from me there. Only difference from my viewpoit is Luva blatantly makes such comments and basically admits it. Harlem on the other hand likes to project his high horse morality when bashing on Kobe and Laker fans and yet is one of the worst offenders here.

Can you say... hypocrite? :toast

cobbler
07-19-2010, 04:09 AM
I'm an NBA Forum Fan. But yeah it thrives in spurts. Sometimes it's a really funny place but then sometimes it gets lame and repetitive. Thankfully, it usually autocorrects itself. It doesn't stay down for too long.

It's the off season... Sooner or latter the basketball games have to interrupt! :lol:toast

midnightpulp
07-19-2010, 04:11 AM
Honestly, this message board is quite good compared to the cesspool that is the ESPN NBA General forum. And that board is moderated.

I guess a devolution in quality was bound to happen here when the Lakers became relevant again. They are the most popular team with the most amount of fans, so they are naturally going to have the most trolls. Their trolling creates a counter-trolling backlash that creates another backlash, creating another backlash and so on. Combine that with the lightning rod that is Kobe Bryant, and you're going to have a board that resembles Los Angeles after the Lakers win a championship.

I think Kori had an awesome idea with the Trolls forum. It's criminally underused. If we can somehow get that forum relevant, a lot of the garbage here would clean itself up.

timvp
07-19-2010, 04:19 AM
^^^Now with Kobe harder to hate after LeRobin handed him the crown as the unquestioned best player in the league, it'll be interesting to see how the dynamic changes.

TheLakaluvaLibrary
07-19-2010, 04:23 AM
^^^Now with Kobe harder to hate after LeRobin handed him the crown as the unquestioned best player in the league, it'll be interesting to see how the dynamic changes.

I think it's changing for the worse, at least for right now. Lakers homers are becoming even more annoying about Kobe.

Giuseppe
07-19-2010, 04:25 AM
Mid is correct.

Two in-a-row like this has driven the loyal opposition nutty-nuts, if not near mad.

& the OP is also correct: the homosexual undertones on this Board are incredible, but, normal, if not healthy. Most of the young men here are curious, still experimenting and in the "accepted" age group to do so. Makes for strange bedfellows that is for certain.

midnightpulp
07-19-2010, 04:28 AM
I think it's changing for the worse, at least for right now. Lakers homers are becoming even more annoying about Kobe.

Indeed. Now that Lebron has deemed himself "second best" and went to "Wade's team" he no longer threatens Kobe's legacy, so Kobe fan's arrogance is riding high.

Darrin
07-19-2010, 04:43 AM

I don't usually single out any one person--in this case I can't because I simply move on when I see an immature comment--but the quality has gone down and I have been here since 2006. We used to have people that were more committed to the game. You could come in here and it was a haven for basketball junkies. You couldn't generalize about a player or a team. You had to be specific--give examples--if you were to make an argument, and you were coached to that end. Too much of this forum has broken down into who's team colors you wear or what's on your profile.

I have been offended plenty of times in this forum. The amount of sexual references, the posts where someone writes "lmao" for an entire page, and the need to gratify some macho gauntlet of who has had a better career. The topics aren't anywhere near as specific. The responses aren't anywhere near as interesting. It was like a battle of the minds in here. You came out a better basketball fan because of it. There was respect among the avid fans of whatever team you root for.

JamStone
07-19-2010, 04:46 AM
It's the off season so the shittiness is magnified several times over. It's gotten bad, but even at its worst, it's better than 90% of other sports forums. And at the very least, the forum has much more leniency to allow a lot of shit that is at least somewhat entertaining instead of shutting down completely, banning everyone, or censoring most of it. That's part of the appeal. Lately, the lines have been crossed over into absurdity with plenty of the threads and posts, but again I hope it's mostly because it's the off season. Although that very may well not be the case.

07-19-2010, 04:47 AM
yeah, there's like one good basketball discussion thread for every 50 crap threads. actually, i think every thread inevitably deteriorates into some lebron/dirk/spurs/bryant/race/troll bashfest. in fact, i'm pretty sure this thread is going to end up in that direction.

Giuseppe
07-19-2010, 05:18 AM
^tee, hee. Like an NBA playoff game......always queer to wait for that moment the refs break it one way, or, ta other.

boston.balla
07-19-2010, 05:21 AM

it wouldn't be so bothering if shit would not be repeated a 1000x times like: wnba/sa heat/ kobe +- / paki /lerobin. Repetitive obvious trolling should at least get you 1-2 days of not being able to open threads, plus deleting the generator thread.

I mean lol, look at the nba forum right now: 3 wnba troll threads, 6 laker butthurt/best/paki threads, 2 kobe suck jordan dick threads, 3 lebron blows threads all on first page with all of them being lebron vs kobe except the wnba ... repetitiveness in threads => repetitiveness in posts => boring.

Hell, I'd prefer 14 threads of trolling on distinct subjects to this. for variation's sake.

boston.balla
07-19-2010, 05:22 AM
^tee, hee. Like an NBA playoff game......always queer to wait for that moment the refs break it one way, or, ta other.

sample no 1

Giuseppe
07-19-2010, 05:28 AM
sample no 1

Sample no 2: You takin' that charter out to the coast, worrying about Bryant enroute, Artest waitin' patiently on ya's, his brother at his side.

ChumpDumper
07-19-2010, 05:31 AM
Sample no 2: You takin' that charter out to the coast, worrying about Bryant enroute, Artest waitin' patiently on ya's, his brother at his side.The fat guy? Why would that have any significance?

Giuseppe
07-19-2010, 05:43 AM
The fat guy? Why would that have any significance?

He'd been waitin' on that moment Ron's entire life.

And he got it.

Just like that.

ChumpDumper
07-19-2010, 05:45 AM
He'd been waitin' on that moment Ron's entire life.

And he got it.

Just like that.What moment?

Did he win a free buffet at Ryan's Steakhouse or something?

Giuseppe
07-19-2010, 05:51 AM
What moment?

Did he win a free buffet at Ryan's Steakhouse or something?

something.

ChumpDumper
07-19-2010, 05:52 AM
something.The buffet and dessert?

MiamiHeat
07-19-2010, 06:01 AM
I think all of this LeBron ruined his legacy stuff is garbage.

He's the best player in the league, that hasn't changed. Any other garbage is just mental masturbation that is rooted in personal tastes.

sook
07-19-2010, 06:03 AM
i actually stopped posting here because of this.

Its gotten pretty bad. I stick to the club and poli forrum

ffadicted
07-19-2010, 06:03 AM
It's a message board man. I get that you like the discussions, and I do as well without a doubt, and that's the reason I usually cruise the Spurs forum instead. But if you're honestly getting offended because of comments people make in the internet, then you gotta get a stronger backbone dude lol. The NBA forum is actually pretty funny, it delivers 90% of the time.

And like other people said, it's the offseason, I'd rather this then to keep talking about miami.

BUMP
07-19-2010, 07:24 AM
looks like the OP got butthurt in Luva's Duncan thread and it pushed him over the edge

Koolaid_Man
07-19-2010, 07:35 AM

You ruined all your credibility when you typed
FUCK ALL OF YOUAll I can say is welcome to the party and:

FsqJFIJ5lLs

D2Procon
07-19-2010, 07:40 AM
This forum is hilarious. Its unlike any other forum with the leniency it has and not a serious discussion place. When i want a serious basketball discussion, I just go to the Spurs forums, hence Spurs TALK. But when I want gooniness and hilarity, I go to the NBA forum.

And when you want to compare jaw types you go to yahoo answers.

ElNono
07-19-2010, 07:42 AM
I think it has gotten to the point where most posts are made by trolls, which begs the question why is there a separate troll forum at all... What's even more ridiculous is that everyone knows who half the trolls belong to... :lol

ffadicted
07-19-2010, 07:49 AM
Also, can we talk about the misuse of the word "troll" around here. Troll =/= alternate account. Lakaluva is a troll. Native American, despite his hilarity, is not lol

pauls931
07-19-2010, 08:24 AM
It hasn't been fast. The NBA forum has been a cesspool since 2006. There's no way to really fix it, other than to ban 90% of the people who post in it, which might happen soon. The little cliques obsess on certain things (i.e. Pakistani) and repeat them to the point of ridiculousness.

Go to the Spurs forum or Think Tank for more actual basketball discussion. Though the offseason is full of nonsense everywhere.

Sounds like it's tied to the Miami Heat.... Frankly with LA and Miami loaded, I'm finding the NBA in general less appealing as do the fans of 28 or 29 other teams. Also realizing that routing for a team is essentially putting emotion into something you can't control might have a little to do with it.

So it's the NBA in general, not the board.

Stump
07-19-2010, 08:36 AM
The NBA forum will always be wild, but banning a few select trolls like KBP and lakaluva would go a long way to making things more bearable.

DarkReign
07-19-2010, 09:02 AM
Sounds like it's tied to the Miami Heat.... Frankly with LA and Miami loaded, I'm finding the NBA in general less appealing as do the fans of 28 or 29 other teams.

Basically this. NBA is off my radar for the forseeable future. There are 2, maybe 3 teams if you include the Celtics. Everyone else is gunning for third place.

Yawn.

Killakobe81
07-19-2010, 09:09 AM
Harlem is a very good poster. But for some reason he has decided to wage war with all Laker fans and Kobe fans in particular. I do think part of teh garbage has brought out some of the worst in myself and some of the better posters (not including myself) in the NBA forum. Kori is right another person recommended staying in the main forum for better bball discussion.

I hope the forum improves again it was one of the best onthe net ...

TE
07-19-2010, 09:10 AM
And for every 50 shit threads, you get one thread that has a joust to it. One that scrutinizes a lot of the thread starting that occurs, beginning with one of those "I use to post here but the thread has become devalued by trolls, posters talking about trendy basketball related discussion, and jousts of each poster bashing on any ignorant Laker fan. Give me a break dude, post here more often and you'll get the feel of what's going on, and what needs to be typed.

And don't say crap about having a real job and you don't have the time to be posting on here, that's a useless excuse to not be posting on this badass site.

Get with the program broski.

Cry Havoc
07-19-2010, 09:10 AM

Couldn't you just start banning the more obvious trolls who are repeating the same stuff ad nauseam? I mean, I have a couple of troll accounts, but both of them have less than 20 posts. I see trolls with hundreds if not thousands of posts here. It's basically nearly to the point of 4chan, where a pretty large percentage of posters are just attempting to find ways to troll/ridicule other people.

I've talked to several people (respected, established members of Spurstalk, no less) who have completely stopped posting outside of the Spurs forum because anytime they posted here or in The Club, an instant shit-storm ensued.

Some of the good posters here don't really care if they're trolled or if the mookie crew feels the need to take a few potshots at them, but some of them do. And when they stop posting, it lowers the quality of discussion for everyone involved.

The more trolling that comes into this forum with no measures taken, the lower the common denominator becomes. I've thought about leaving this section several times, and if it doesn't get any better, I probably will. I want to talk basketball at Spurstalk, not read 50 pages of troll postings. Goofy discussions are occasionally acceptable and even enjoyable, but when it comprises 90% of a forum, I think I wouldn't mind if Spurstalk finally went the route of banning a few fools who just want to hear themselves talk.

jazzypimp
07-19-2010, 09:20 AM
I think anyone who gets on this forum to bitch about this forum deserves a swift kick in the nuts and deserves to be pinked.... What a fuckin Lebron move that is! WWwwwaaaaahhhh....:cry

" They can never take our.....FFFFFRRREEEEDDDDDDOOOOOOMMMM!!!"

Giuseppe
07-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Couldn't you just start banning the more obvious trolls who are repeating the same stuff ad nauseam? I mean, I have a couple of troll accounts, but

Cry, gettin' his weenie on.

Giuseppe
07-19-2010, 09:29 AM
i actually stopped posting here because of this.

& because Kobe took Battier's "Stop Kobe Binder" and beat the bejeesus out of him with it.

tee, hee.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-19-2010, 09:42 AM
LMAO TheSpursFNRule

lol being butthurt about Luva's thread

lol stinky paki

lol Cry Havoc and Darrin writing their usual essays when they don't realize no one gives a shit

lol lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-19-2010, 09:45 AM
I've thought about leaving this section several times, and if it doesn't get any better, I probably will.

Neat!

Double-Up
07-19-2010, 09:49 AM
Blame the trolls...

Giuseppe
07-19-2010, 09:54 AM
...and the soon to be 17th.

thedong
07-19-2010, 09:56 AM
Don't be blame, blame it on the troll's, they got me feelin loose.

Pistons < Spurs
07-19-2010, 09:57 AM
I want to talk basketball at Spurstalk, not read 50 pages of troll postings. Goofy discussions are occasionally acceptable and even enjoyable, but when it comprises 90% of a forum, I think I wouldn't mind if Spurstalk finally went the route of banning a few fools who just want to hear themselves talk.

This pretty much says it all.

BUMP
07-19-2010, 09:59 AM
wtf?

Luva is not a troll. He's a stinky paki who doesn't know shit about anything except gardening and getting C's in calculus with a tutor.

What's worse is SpurFan getting butthurt over the garbage he spews. It's not trolling, its his honest opinion which is sad for both parties involved. Seriously why would you even take the time to argue with a guy who thinks "Duncan was never the best big in the league at any point in his career"

It's really SpurFan that should be ashamed by feeding the retard. and while we're on the subject...

lol Stinky Paki
lol LakaLuva Library recording his dumbass opinions
lol C
lol Calculus
lol All American Paki
lol worried about his garden

Giuseppe
^Please. You got no excuse. You got your own room.

Darrin
Let me just add that I like the fact we are not edited. It wasn't a problem before and it shouldn't be now. We just need to get people to act more like grown-ups.

thedong
07-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Sons, my name is Jasper, and yes I am awesome.

/this bitch whining thread.

mingus
07-19-2010, 10:00 AM
the board is a lot better when you just keep track of all the low iq posters and scroll down. saves a lot of time. it's like they never existed.

Giuseppe
07-19-2010, 10:01 AM
We just need to get people to act more like grown-ups.

Or, the Lakers to quit winning the last game they play every June.

tee, hee.

jazzypimp
07-19-2010, 10:19 AM
the board is a lot better when you just keep track of all the low iq posters and scroll down. saves a lot of time. it's like they never existed.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070418061230/boymeetsworld/images/thumb/f/f8/Minkus.jpg/200px-Minkus.jpg

http://lolgunabeach.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/ihasaminkus.jpg

Sportcamper
07-19-2010, 10:26 AM
So TheSpursFNRule complains about the profanity & sophomoric posts in the NBA forum by posting a profanity laced complaint….Kettle meet black… :tu

tlongII
07-19-2010, 10:42 AM
This board is fine. As the Blazers exert their dominance on the rest of the NBA this season all other teams' fans will bow to our superiority. It's inevitable.

Booharv
07-19-2010, 10:45 AM
The best way to end a thread in this forum is to insert some intelligent basketball discussion into it.

SomeCallMeTim
07-19-2010, 10:45 AM
Indeed. Now that Lebron has deemed himself "second best" and went to "Wade's team" he no longer threatens Kobe's legacy, so Kobe fan's arrogance is riding high.

:lol Replying to your own troll.

FWIW I agree with OP. The racism, homophobia, and just downright mean-spiritedness has gotten out of hand.

This is just basketball, folks.

SomeCallMeTim
07-19-2010, 10:46 AM
So TheSpursFNRule complains about the profanity & sophomoric posts in the NBA forum by posting a profanity laced complaint….Kettle meet black… :tu

I think you missed the point. Reread OP.

DaDakota
07-19-2010, 10:51 AM

Kori, if you don't mind, just set some guidelines, ban folks when they need it (can be a temporary thing) and then enforce the rules.

The problem is it takes mod time to do it, I would suggest appointing a couple of NBA Forums mods that are on the more mature side of the aisle.

Just my .02.

DD

Sportcamper
07-19-2010, 10:58 AM
The best way to end a thread in this forum is to insert some intelligent basketball discussion into it.

Classic....:lol

midnightpulp
07-19-2010, 11:00 AM
SpursFNRule's face as he created this thread:

http://media.nowpublic.net/images//03/6/036501db6b4660887f783a0a3b340a65.jpg

Lakaluva's face as he reads this thread:

http://steamywordguy.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/orgasms1.jpg

Kori Ellis
07-19-2010, 11:00 AM
The forum is currently 90% trolling and trash talking. Banning people would be a full time job and leave the forum empty.

If you guys want better quality, then you are going to have to do two things.

1. Stop responding in troll/trash threads.
2. Make quality threads/posts of your own.

thedong
07-19-2010, 11:05 AM
Lakaluva's face as he reads this thread:

http://steamywordguy.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/orgasms1.jpg

Is it just me, or anyone else gets horny by looking at this LakaLuva face.

dbestpro
07-19-2010, 11:06 AM
It helps to have a thick skin and a quick scroll. The one term I would like to see modified is the over use of "butthurt" when some one diagrees with a poster. Maybe, we could attach a "I love the Spurs" when it is used like was done with the Sean Elliott postings.

IronMexican
07-19-2010, 11:10 AM
It helps to have a thick skin and a quick scroll. The one term I would like to see modified is the over use of "butthurt" when some one diagrees with a poster. Maybe, we could attach a "I love the Spurs" when it is used like was done with the Sean Elliott postings.

>implying I wouldn't just say hurt butt or abbreviate it to bh

Sportcamper
07-19-2010, 11:11 AM
The forum is currently 90% trolling and trash talking. Banning people would be a full time job and leave the forum empty.

I think it just might be easier to clone Jam Stone & Tlong...:lol

DaDakota
07-19-2010, 11:15 AM

What about making the ignore function actually make a poster disappear?

And perhaps setting up an "Ignore me" feature?

Where if someone is on your ignore list, they automatically can not see your posts either.

That way you can self moderate the board.

Is that even possible?

I understand your point about not responding but the only real answer, IMO, is a big ole dose of mod power.

DD

Leetonidas
07-19-2010, 11:17 AM
I agree with the OP to an extent. Some of the trolling is funny, but when every single topic devolves into "lol calf tats," "stinky paki," "lol dead wife," etc...I mean making fun of someone cus their wife is dead? WTF?

If I wanna talk basketball I mostly do it on RealGM because the NBA forum is basically the troll forum these days,

Cry Havoc
07-19-2010, 11:18 AM

The forum is empty right now because any intelligible discussion quickly gets assaulted by Lakers/Mavs/etc fans to the extent that it's several pages of self-masturbatory trolling by the time anyone with a legitimate point to add to the discussion finds it.

What's the point of posting anything with effort in this forum if it gets loled, pakistanied, and calf tatted for 5 pages? There's no room for debate when the trolls are so ridiculously out of control.

If just the very worst of the trolls were IP banned, I think you'd see a forum with more basketball talk, since more people would be willing to post here. Right now, a lot of the good posters don't want to bother. Quality threads are impossible when the asshats are this rampant.

It's hard not to respond to the trash threads, since that accounts for almost everything that's left in this forum. And I seriously think you could find some people to moderate it seriously, considering how many hours some of your users (myself included) pour into SpursTalk per week.

Less trolls mean more posters would find a reason to actually talk basketball here.

DaDakota
07-19-2010, 11:22 AM
I don't know what the overall business is on this board but if it makes $$$$ on advertising etc, then the more clicks the more $$$, so then the question becomes, is there more $$$ in trolls posting than in actual BBall discussion?

That happens to a lot of BBS's where once advertising and $$$ come into play, the board tolerates a lot more garbage to get their clicks up.

And honestly, that is the business owner/BBS owner's business.

You could also put up a seperate forum that people have to QUALIFY to get into.....a no "Troll" zone .....

DD

Killakobe81
07-19-2010, 11:25 AM
IDK if lack of freedom is the answer ...
But when I used to just lurk here ...the basketball discussion was amazing!

From the posts i read during the Pistons vs. spurs Finals it was actually debate not just trash talk. That's what always attracted me to the site BEFORE

But admired the intelligent back and forth you guys had then ...and wished the Lakers sites i visited had it. That is why i joined here.

Leetonidas
07-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Meh, the worst trolls won't get banned because they're Mavfan fag krew member and timvp has a mancrush on them for some reason, when most of the time they're not even funny. There are exceptions, mono and Findog are two of the better ones for example, but all that faggot stretch does is run around posting "lol whatever," calling someone a fag, and any fucking time koriwhat posts anything, the topic turns into 30 replies of random quotes of gay shit he's said. IDGAF about koriwhat but that shit makes topics unreadable.

And then there's that pedo Cubby, with his "crucify that whatever ass, send it to the tree of blow" bullshit and every single post of his sucking the collective cocks of the Lakers' franchise. Then his only reply is basically, "skunked by Phoenix" or whatever the fuck he says.

Trolling is fun and so is shit talk but we're not even talking basketball in here anymore guys. It's pretty much, "let's see who posted this topic...oh it's lakaluva. Alright let's go in and calling him a faggot, a stinky paki, and make fun of his C in calculus." Shit is annoying sons.

HarlemHeat37
07-19-2010, 11:32 AM
-I understand where the OP is coming from in regards to the thread he made..I remember it:lol..I had a serious reply, but everybody else just spent pages making fun of Lefty:lol..so ya, it was probably annoying for the OP..

-I've found a good blend of discussing basketball and being involved in trolling, more so the basketball part, but if people themselves want good basketball discussion, make some interesting threads..even the people here that troll the most CAN discuss basketball, we see it all the time..

Guys like Mono and DOK troll all the time, but they're both very capable of discussing basketball, and they show it all the time..

-Get rid of Koolaid man..this guy is just pointless..he's not a creative troll, he's not funny, and he's just an idiot in general..since it appears that Spurs fans can't ignore him, just get rid of him..

-Basketball forums that are centered completely around serious discussion, like RealGM for instance, get boring really quickly IMO..so I love that this place has some trolling and trash talking..I understand it can go too far, but it's good to have it, it gives this place personality..

-I agree that it gets annoying when posters write "lmao" or "lol" a thousand times in a post..that's probably the only thing that annoys me here, since I have to scroll all the way down, and the thread usually has nothing of quality..

-Ban koriwhat from the NBA side..it's not completely his fault, but he doesn't discuss NBA ball anyways, so his presence just causes riots and automatic trolling..it might seem unfair, but it's the right move IMO, and it would help the forum..

-The off-season has a part in this too, there's a lot more basketball discussion during the regular season and playoffs..

-I don't mind the idea of having mods, but only if it's an unbiased and balanced poster like myself, TBH..I can't really think of anybody else that would be unbiased and lenient..I also post a lot, so that won't be a problem..

HarlemHeat37
07-19-2010, 11:35 AM
I don't understand how anybody views me as a culprit of any of this:lol..the only thing I'm guilty of is mentioning Pakistan, and that's only because I hate that Luva is ashamed of his culture, as I've said before..

I rarely troll, and I'm actually one of the people that always tries to discuss basketball here..well, I understand why they say it, it's Laker fan, but still..

HarlemHeat37
07-19-2010, 11:36 AM
I don't know what the overall business is on this board but if it makes $$$$ on advertising etc, then the more clicks the more $$$, so then the question becomes, is there more $$$ in trolls posting than in actual BBall discussion?

That happens to a lot of BBS's where once advertising and $$$ come into play, the board tolerates a lot more garbage to get their clicks up.

You could also put up a seperate forum that people have to QUALIFY to get into.....a no "Troll" zone .....

DD

They don't make money off of this IIRC..

Kori Ellis
07-19-2010, 11:38 AM

DD

Do you see any advertisements on the forum? :lol

The Gemini Method
07-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Fuck it. I'm sure if someone wanted to discuss serious basketball topics--it would be apparent through all the trolling and such. I mean, it is pretty entertaining when there's a good balance between serious talk and the joking around. Stop the incessant whining.

DaDakota
07-19-2010, 11:53 AM

Sorry, I thought that NBA logo at the top meant it was sponsored, but I was making a general point, anyway.

DD

Cane
07-19-2010, 11:54 AM
The trolling is definitely a problem but some trolls are saavy enough that you can't just ban 'em. They'll just come back stronger than before like god damn Obi Wan.

This place lets you say some of the craziest and dumbest shit and now its going to be controlled by those in Heat. Hope the LA trolls had fun with their run.

Leetonidas
07-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Really I like the idea of banning koriwhat from the NBA forum. It's unfair to him but like Harlem said he doesn't do much except incite riots and thousands of quotes. If every topic would stop devolving into that and if lakaluva was just wiped off the face of the internet, along with his butt buddy Koolaid man, all would be well.

DaDakota
07-19-2010, 12:06 PM
See, if Ignore actually worked though, and you could not see the trolls it would help a lot.

You could self moderate the forum, right now Ignore still shows up just minimized.....make them disappear and any quotes from them as well.....

People could make their own forum experience, empower the user base and don't put more work on the mods.....

DD

Mr Bones
07-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Some people really had some good things to say about basketball. Now ..timvp, Kori, Mel13, HarlemHeat and others(many others) who I have read over the years; Thank you.

What the fuck? Who are the admins here?
Irony.

The problem is relatively straightforward in my opinion. The admins have made a conscious decision to let certain things slide. It's their website, so that's their prerogative. I don't agree with it at all. If you were a new poster and your posts constantly included comments like you're acting like a typical stupid ###### repeated a dozen times a day, you'd almost certainly be banned, and rightly so. But if you're a poster who says things like you're a typical cocksucking faggot a dozen times a day, you're in no danger of being banned. I understand it's the internet and we want a certain looseness that allows jokes and such, but there should be at least a minimum level of civility. I can check out hoopshype and nba.com and almost all other basketball sites at work but I only look at spurstalk at home because it is so dominated by signatures and images that are mostly just meant to shock, and in a pretty childish way. I agree with the OP-- there are a few really good posters here with lots of basketball knowledge. That's why I keep coming back. But it's too bad the feeling I get here is almost always equal parts enjoyment and disappointment.

Cry Havoc
07-19-2010, 12:07 PM
gook

Since when has stuff like this ever been allowed on Spurstalk? Racial epithets USED to be grounds for at least a time out.

Stuff like this is plaguing the NBA forum right now. It's everywhere. I'm all for freedom of speech in the long run, but when users abuse that freedom, I think it's excusable to swing the hammer.

*shrug*

Cane
07-19-2010, 12:10 PM
What about making the ignore function actually make a poster disappear?

And perhaps setting up an "Ignore me" feature?

Where if someone is on your ignore list, they automatically can not see your posts either.

That way you can self moderate the board.

Is that even possible?

I understand your point about not responding but the only real answer, IMO, is a big ole dose of mod power.

DD

Imo real moderation and IP banning seems to be the only answer although there are ways around such for trolls with too much time that have been banned before.

That feature you wrote would be all right except there'd still be trolling since the un-ignored will quote posts from ignored users and you'll still see who bumped which thread last. So there's still some potential trolling loopholes there.

BUMP
07-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Trolling Lakerfans has always been popular around here.

Not really any sort of surprise, but the Paki is wrong once again.

People who make an ass of themselves are the ones who get trolled, do you see anybody trolling IronMexican? Is koriwhat, the guy who has his own thread dedicated to him, a Lakerfan?

lol calculus

jazzypimp
07-19-2010, 12:15 PM
:lmao It is somewhat funny that all the shit talkers are lakers and mav fans.... hahahaha

z0sa
07-19-2010, 12:20 PM
lol @ so fast.

This forum has sucked balls for several years now. Filled with literally tens of thousands of racist comments, firstly. Second, filled with "half-trolls" who try to trash talk (discouraging good posters from replying) then attempting to make decent takes, effectively ruining any legit threads they post in. Of course, there's all of just general butthurt banter like following koriwhat around.

Just a bunch of sad, soulless fucks who will continue the circle jerk til they're banned or die.

IronMexican
07-19-2010, 12:21 PM
I get trolled. Don't know what BUMP is talking about.

Ignorant Spurs fan said that "how does it feel to cheer for a rapist". That hurt me man, hurt me where it hurts the most. In my heart.

Cane
07-19-2010, 12:22 PM
lol @ so fast.

This forum has sucked balls for several years now. Filled with literally tens of thousands of racist comments, firstly. Second, filled with "half-trolls" who try to trash talk (discouraging good posters from replying) then attempting to make decent takes, effectively ruining any legit threads they post in. Of course, there's all of just general butthurt banter like following koriwhat around.

Just a bunch of sad, soulless fucks who will continue the circle jerk til they're banned or die.

:toast

Phillip
07-19-2010, 12:30 PM
The NBA forum is perhaps the best forum in all forums on the internet. Lots of comedy gold, as well as plenty of good basketball discussions. It's the freaking offseason right now though, with nothing going on, so of course its going to be overrun with non-basketball related posts. But during the season, while there is plenty of trolling, there is also plenty of very good basketball talk as well. The problem is, the people that usually complain about there not being good basketball talk, are people that don't know shit about basketball.

On the other hand, people such as Jamstone, Mono, DoK, IM, Dirk4mvp, Bump, Stretch, Mr. Bottomtooth, Harlem-Heat, Findog, etc... dont whine about it, because 1 - they are involved usually in some sort of sarcastic posting/trolling, and 2 - they know shit about basketball, and can very quickly sniff out others who do, and others who dont. ones who do know shit about basketball, will be able to discuss basketball. ones who dont dont shit about basketball (like lakaluva, koriwhat, etc...) get trolled, then start whiny-ass threads like this.

so basically, if you truly want a good basketball related discussion in here, don't post stupid shit, or you will get eaten alive. post something good, and you will get good replies.

midnightpulp
07-19-2010, 12:30 PM
First and foremost, the first poster is a butt hurt faggot. HarlemHo is the biggest culprit of every complaint he has, yet he sucks his cock. As the rules maker around these parts, I'll explain them, and the reason for all the butt hurtness. Trolling was at an all time high when Lakerfan suffered an embarrassing defeat to Boston in 08. The world of trolling was just dandy then, and was wholly accepted. Timvp starting threads "Hey Lakers Fans" "Suck It," followed by 10 pages of laughter and joyous trolling was the order of the day up in here. These threads were perfectly fine when Pau Gasol was a soft pussy, and Kobe wasn't shit without Shaq. "Lakerfans are pathetic because their star player is a rapist, and Magic has AIDS." This has been normal chatter in these parts for some time now.

What changed? We won a few of these... :lobt::lobt: that's what changed. We got the swagger, and yall ain't got shit but history, and most of it's bad for the majority of you. You niggas are so high and mighty on this board. Did Lakerfan coin the term 4 ring faggot? Yet most of you Spur fans live by it. How about all these troll accounts that are approved. Kori could delete them, and it would clean up half of what you all call a mess. Why does a guy need 10 accounts saying the same exact shit in the same exact thread.

Trolling Lakerfans has always been popular around here. "Luva is a stinky Paki,":lol "Cul is a child molester,":rolleyes yada yada yada yada. Before us it was Dazed, and Allanon, and House. You guys give a good punch, but you can't take one. So you create threads like this complaining like bitches, begging for bans, and limitations. If I create a thread or make a civilized comment, the first response I see, "who hacked your account," "lol luva likes dolphins," "lol garden," :lmao. You guys love the uncivilized, so I give it to you in high doses.

Look, the point is there are certain threads that are not for the meek. If you enter a thread and you see Bump, Cul, HarlemHo, Luva, MiamiHeat, Midnight, Kool, gay ass mono, chances are things are going to get nasty, so move on. The funny part about all of this bitching is, the people who always bitch never contribute shit to the threads that are strictly basketball related. Look, luva, Kool, and Cul got a pad lock on title right now, with a great supporting cast. Until that changes, you guys have to endure.:wakeup

Can't say I disagree with anything here. And you and Cul (when not simply in "tee hee" shtick mode) are entertaining and funny.

Koolaid_Man's a faggot, though.

JamStone
07-19-2010, 12:44 PM
I think there are two specific things for all posters to do to help make things better:

1. Don't be so fucking sensitive on the internet.
2. When there's over-trolling or something offends you, ignore it and let it go.

Those two things can go a long way.

Someone like lakaluva is a lot more harmless if you don't take offense to his trolling or him blasting on you, don't be so serious or take it so personally. I don't even think lakaluva is all that bad, but when people do get offended or hurt, it just starts crap storms in threads. A big problem is that people who are actually good at trolling posters generally realize when they're getting to those people who are sensitive or get butthurt easily. And they're like sharks around chum. So, don't be such a fucking pussy if random posters make fun of you or say something you find offensive and you won't get as much crap as there is now.

These two things should actually be called the "koriwhat" rules of conduct actually. I don't even know the whole story about that whole deal and I don't really care. And I think people who make fun of koriwhat do get retarded with the excess at which they do it. But it's really koriwhat's own fault. At some point, you just have to ignore the trolling and let it go. Flaming back only adds flammable liquid to a fire. koriwhat is a perfect example of how not to respond and react to trolling.

Trolling and flaming will happen. More trolling and flaming will happen when they know it's working. So stop being bitches and pussies and maybe it will die down some.

ElNono
07-19-2010, 12:49 PM

:lol

There might be an idea there though...

Maybe fill up this forum with ads of all kind everywhere and basically complete the conversion from a cesspool into a shithole. At least you'll be making some money. :lol

ElNono
07-19-2010, 12:50 PM
-I don't mind the idea of having mods, but only if it's an unbiased and balanced poster like myself, TBH..I can't really think of anybody else that would be unbiased and lenient..I also post a lot, so that won't be a problem..

:lol

Whisky Dog
07-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Yeah this place is a pile of shit. There's a couple places that are worthy of posting here:

The Rangers thread in the baseball forum because it's almost all game stuff and actual discussion. Too bad it isn't as active.

NFL threads on gameday.

The WC threads were good stuff, a lot of both soccer talk and shit talking but nothing too bad.

The occassional club thread where shit doesn't spiral out of control

Most Spurs game day threads

other than those this place is unusable. The NBA forum is just a collection of retards flinging their shit at each other.

alchemist
07-19-2010, 01:07 PM
You have to ignore the trolling somehow, I have to admit that arguing with some of these trolls is a great time killer when you need it. :lol If you make a thread in this section expect some bullshit responses but you'll get some good discussions eventually. :toast

Jacob1983
07-19-2010, 01:11 PM
What's a fake job?

Venti Quattro
07-19-2010, 01:21 PM
to their credit, mavs fans have been quiet and steady lately. or maybe they're the ones running the new heat wagon trolls. lol. but i wouldn't think too much past that; a lot of them hate the heat deep to their bones to ever think of doing that. harlemheat37 and miamiheat have been pretty much butthurt about everything lakers and in return the lakers fans have been butthurt about everything heat.

also, where did you see a poster with full-time allegiance to three teams (spurs, heat, knicks). only in spurstalk. it's not an offense to merit a ban but it's pretty pathetic. hi harlemheat37.

jag
07-19-2010, 01:22 PM
What's a fake job?

:jack

mavs>spurs2
07-19-2010, 01:39 PM
the amount of butthurtedness in this thread is beyond ridiculous, i mean yeah this forum sucks ass, but it didn't just happen overnight. this forum has been terrible since about 2008 or 2009 which is why i never even attempt to talk basketball anymore, there's no point. if you really wanted to raise the bar then making this thread was a bad choice. i mean exactly what value did all this pissing and moaning add to the forum? if you want to see improvement, start with your own posts, and maybe others will catch on and add to the discussion. but this thread is the internet equivalent of bending over and spreading your cheeks, you're just asking for it.

MiamiHeat
07-19-2010, 01:44 PM
yeah let's turn this into RealGM, where every moderator is an abusive ahole that IP bans anyone who indulges in a little fan trash talk about another team

lame

MiamiHeat
07-19-2010, 01:48 PM
oh, and I talk bball just fine here.

for instance, when I was talking HEAT roster just now, everyone participates, including the guys you bitch about liek DoK and the maverick fans. they post just fine...

maybe there are some full time asshat trolls like lakaluva who 99% of the time are trolling, but you just don't take them seriously and move on.

i don't see the big deal. when a good thread is made, basketball is discussed. sometimes, some funny posts mixed in.

it's good

Warlord23
07-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Obviously it's a fine balance between over-moderation and letting the inmates run the asylum. My suggestion is to have a stickied thread (like the Kobe one or the earlier UTSA thread in the college sports forum) for all trash talk / stinky paki / calf tats discussion. For the first couple of weeks, merge offending threads into the stickied thread.

If trolls continue to derail legit threads, put the forum on time-out for 6 hours - this was done a few months back IIRC when the rubbish was getting out of hand. Keep doing this regularly and the trolls will get bored pretty quickly. The site may lose a few posters, but the good ones will eventually post more as the trolling begins to subside.

mavs>spurs2
07-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Obviously it's a fine balance between over-moderation and letting the inmates run the asylum. My suggestion is to have a stickied thread (like the Kobe one or the earlier UTSA thread in the college sports forum) for all trash talk / stinky paki / calf tats discussion. For the first couple of weeks, merge offending threads into the stickied thread.

If trolls continue to derail legit threads, put the forum on time-out for 6 hours - this was done a few months back IIRC when the rubbish was getting out of hand. Keep doing this regularly and the trolls will get bored pretty quickly. The site may lose a few posters, but the good ones will eventually post more as the trolling begins to subside.

or you could just quit worrying about others, and start by improving your own posts and adding value to this forum, kapish? if the average IQ of this forum can come up at least over 100 again, there would be a higher basketball talk to trash talk ratio, and posters like me would be serious more often. i've been around this forum for a long time, and i distinctly remember the excessive trash talking starting as a response to the absolute retardation of some of the other posters, ex: "4 rings faggot" type posts.

Cry Havoc
07-19-2010, 02:03 PM
I think there are two specific things for all posters to do to help make things better:

1. Don't be so fucking sensitive on the internet.
2. When there's over-trolling or something offends you, ignore it and let it go.

Those are valid points.

The problem I see with making those points are two-fold:

You are asking people to not be offended by someone making purposely offensive statements. Some people can live with this. Others cannot. And still, honestly, some people just don't want to deal with it, they would rather not be trolled in any way and they just leave the forum, which as I stated earlier, can negatively impact the basketball discussion as more people decide they don't want to deal with it.

Secondly, if trolls were picking and choosing targets, it would be one thing. SpursTalk has always had it's share of trolls, and it just happens. However, lately they are absolutely impossible to ignore, because they constitute so much of the NBA forum. It's not a question of being "butthurt", it's the simple fact that if I want to hear a bunch of idiots mocking/trolling stuff other people post on the internet, there's a board for that called 4chan.

Banning a few outstanding morans doesn't suddenly mean this place is a dictatorship.

BUMP
07-19-2010, 02:14 PM
If people actually want to make an effort to return this board to basketball talk, im down :tu

It'll be interesting to see what happens to guys such as Guiseppe who are incapable of posting anything except the same retarded cliches. Will they just disappear?

mingus
07-19-2010, 02:17 PM
Those are valid points.

You are asking people to not be offended by someone making purposely offensive statements. Some people can live with this. Others cannot. And still, honestly, some people just don't want to deal with it, they would rather not be trolled in any way and they just leave the forum, which as I stated earlier, can negatively impact the basketball discussion as more people decide they don't want to deal with it.

Secondly, if trolls were picking and choosing targets, it would be one thing. SpursTalk has always had it's share of trolls, and it just happens. However, lately they are absolutely impossible to ignore, because they constitute so much of the NBA forum. It's not a question of being "butthurt", it's the simple fact that if I want to hear a bunch of idiots mocking/trolling stuff other people post on the internet, there's a board for that called 4chan.

Banning a few outstanding morans doesn't suddenly mean this place is a dictatorship.

that's where i agree. it used to b that sifting through all the bs was easy. trolls are a dime a dozen now!

Greg Oden
07-19-2010, 02:43 PM
The forum is empty right now because any intelligible discussion quickly gets assaulted by Lakers/Mavs/etc fans to the extent that it's several pages of self-masturbatory trolling by the time anyone with a legitimate point to add to the discussion finds it.

What's the point of posting anything with effort in this forum if it gets loled, pakistanied, and calf tatted for 5 pages? There's no room for debate when the trolls are so ridiculously out of control.

If just the very worst of the trolls were IP banned, I think you'd see a forum with more basketball talk, since more people would be willing to post here. Right now, a lot of the good posters don't want to bother. Quality threads are impossible when the asshats are this rampant.

It's hard not to respond to the trash threads, since that accounts for almost everything that's left in this forum. And I seriously think you could find some people to moderate it seriously, considering how many hours some of your users (myself included) pour into SpursTalk per week.

Less trolls mean more posters would find a reason to actually talk basketball here.

You're so full of yourself it's not even funny.

Giuseppe
07-19-2010, 02:55 PM
to their credit, mavs fans have been quiet and steady lately.

They've been beaten down. Emasculated.

They know they're doomed for the foreseeable future.

I've never had as many requests for mercy from my Owens & Skunk Scents as I've had from Mav's fans.

Giuseppe
07-19-2010, 03:00 PM
If people actually want to make an effort to return this board to basketball talk, im down :tu

It'll be interesting to see what happens to guys such as Guiseppe who are incapable of posting anything except the same retarded cliches. Will they just disappear?

There are consequences to making the playoffs & winning the last game you play, BUMP.

You'd know that if you ever spent a day in your life.

MiamiHeat
07-19-2010, 03:01 PM
lol quoting glengarry glenn ross

get new material culburn

Giuseppe
07-19-2010, 03:05 PM
lol quoting glengarry glenn ross

get new material culburn

It's legit materiel. It's original.

Greg Oden
07-19-2010, 03:07 PM
There are consequences to making the playoffs & winning the last game you play, BUMP.

Way to contribute to the board without contributing shit at all:tu When Kori says the nba forum is a cesspool and 90% of the posters should be banned and might be, you know who that starts with don't you?

Have you ever had an actual opinion about basketball?

Giuseppe
07-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Way to contribute to the board without contributing shit at all:tu When Kori says the nba forum is a cesspool and 90% of the posters should be banned and might be, you know who that starts with don't you?

Have you ever had an actual opinion about basketball?

I heartily believe that while I'm indeed in the 90% I ain't at the start line. Probably 2/3 of the way back giving DPG & Mel dutch rubs & droppin' my change around 228 so I can look up under her skirt.

Greg Oden
07-19-2010, 03:16 PM
I heartily believe that while I'm indeed in the 90% I ain't at the start line. Probably 2/3 of the way back giving DPG & Mel dutch rubs & droppin' my change around 228 so I can look up under her skirt.

tbh, I'm an undercover mod of this forum so you better shape up, imo.

IronMexican
07-19-2010, 03:17 PM
droppin' my change around 228 so I can look up under her skirt.

:lmao

Killakobe81
07-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Spurs gameday threads are the best ones on here ...

the forum ones are a mess unless it's a game with out a strong fan-base on this site like maybe ... Jazz vs. nuggets Playoff threads where there are few people with anything "at stake" in the thread.

Killakobe81
07-19-2010, 03:43 PM
But I admit i have flamed with some haters ...I have gotten sucked in a few times ... it happens. and TBH i dont mind if it's trolling as long as it doesnt sink 2 cesspool levels ...trash talk is Ok by me.

when i played i never really talked much unless provoked ...except maybe a "get that shit outta here" on a block or a "mine" when i picked off a pass ...

Trashtalk can be fun ...

ElNono
07-19-2010, 03:50 PM
What's a fake job?

It's a lot cheaper than the $250 real thing...

Banzai
07-19-2010, 04:01 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/3/tumblr_l0wgrvQgrM1qzh5gno1_500.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4737)

monosylab1k
07-19-2010, 04:03 PM
If the blind homers who don't know shit about basketball quit posting, the trolling would go down considerably.

I'd say 75% of the trolling occurs because of some dumbass who says "Blair = Barkley" or "Kobe > Jordan" or "Roddy = Jesus" or "The Rockets have a shot at the playoffs" or "I learned all this at a workshop" or something else incredibly stupid.

Take away the morons who don't really talk basketball but just spout out idiotic homer bullshit, and all the trash talk will be considerably reduced because we'll have nothing but decent posters with decent basketball opinions.

spizzle_tronk
07-19-2010, 04:08 PM

is this Ricky Roma?!

MiamiHeat
07-19-2010, 04:13 PM
If the blind homers who don't know shit about basketball quit posting, the trolling would go down considerably.

I'd say 75% of the trolling occurs because of some dumbass who says "Blair = Barkley" or "Kobe > Jordan" or "Roddy = Jesus" or "The Rockets have a shot at the playoffs" or "I learned all this at a workshop" or something else incredibly stupid.

Take away the morons who don't really talk basketball but just spout out idiotic homer bullshit, and all the trash talk will be considerably reduced because we'll have nothing but decent posters with decent basketball opinions.

agreed.

if I recall correctly, a ton of this fighting started out due to Laker fans trolling this forum with constant "Kobe is the greatest ever" and "16 laker rings > 0 phx/dallas/whatever" type of garbage

then you got Culburn who does nothing but troll with one liners.

and another one in lakaluva who trolls 99% of the time too

and another one in Kool-Aid Man, who thankfully can't start threads anymore

god damn, i can only think of a very small handful of laker fans that are worth a damn.

Baseline
07-19-2010, 04:19 PM
It's all on the Laker fans.
No class, no brains, no couth, no clue.

They're the problem all over this country, not just on this board.

timvp
07-19-2010, 04:21 PM

I lol'ed.

Killakobe81
07-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Look laker fans have contributed to current state of the NBA forum ...

BUT all fanbases have representation INCLUDING plenty of Spur fans ...and i bet some of the best posters here have troll accounts ...some have admitted it already.

Greg Oden
07-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Look laker fans have contributed to current state of the NBA forum ...

A lot.

You fucksticks do nothing but talk shit and when you lose an argument you go the 16 > (x) route. Maybe not you in particular, but most here.

This place was more tolerable before the fairweather post Gasol lakerfans found it safe to post on a non laker forum.

Goran Dragic
07-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Those are valid points.

Before you accuse others you should step back and examine whether or not your essays contribute any more than troll posts do (because they don't).

MiamiHeat and Stretch have alluded to this already, but the people being whined about in this thread (me, the Mav Krew, and even some Lakers fans) are more than capable of talking about basketball and do so when engaged with actual intelligent basketball talk.

It's funny that Spurs fans are only willing to complain about the "worthless contributions" of Sun/Mav/Laker fan. I don't see one Spurs fan complaining about the pointless threads Fabbs makes, the countless threads about conspiracy theories, the number of dumb Spurs and Rockets fans who campaigned to unban KBP, the fact koriwhat uses more homophobic slurs than anyone else on this site, or the threads made by Spurfan knowing that it's only a matter of how many posts there will be before it turns into an "lol stinky paki" "4 rings, faggot" dick measuring contest.

Killakobe81
07-19-2010, 04:27 PM
i never came here because it was "safe" ... i lurked for a few years before i joined cuz of the great debates on here ...

Goran Dragic

In the NBA forum there are plenty of problems because of Spurs fans who can't talk about anything other than the Lakers and their fans.

IronMexican
0'fer

Muser
07-19-2010, 04:34 PM
Like people have said, a lot of the shit will dry up once the season starts.

IronMexican
07-19-2010, 04:36 PM
I don't think it's going to "dry up". almost all of this garbage started with Kobe threads.

Goran Dragic
07-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Let me just add that I like the fact we are not edited. It wasn't a problem before and it shouldn't be now. We just need to get people to act more like grown-ups.

Agreed, you for example make such valuable contributions. Idk what this forum would be like if not for all your posts complaining about how many nationally televised Suns games there.

ElNono
07-19-2010, 04:41 PM
In the NBA forum there are plenty of problems because of Spurs fans who can't talk about anything other than the Lakers and their fans.

Reminds me of the guy that can't stop playing the Nazi lovers card every time somebody from argentina makes a post... :jack

IronMexican
07-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Everyone is guilty though.

I'm Spartacus.

Goran Dragic
07-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Reminds me of the guy that can't stop playing the Nazi lovers card every time somebody from argentina makes a post... :jack

Notice how I'm not the one complaining about others not contributing. I wasn't criticizing him for his lack of contributions, I was criticizing him for being a hypocrite.

MiamiHeat
07-19-2010, 04:47 PM
plus, we talk basketball all the time.

make a legit thread, and you will get legit talk. yeah, some trolls might mix in there for some light hearted banter, but i dont see why anyone is complaining

you could always pull a namlook and put people on your ignore list

4>0rings
07-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Like people have said, a lot of the shit will dry up once the season starts.
:lmao Nice one....

ElNono
07-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Notice how I'm not the one complaining about others not contributing. I wasn't criticizing him for his lack of contributions, I was criticizing him for being a hypocrite.

Everybody can point a finger at somebody else here, but everyone is also guilty of one thing or another (including myself).

Goran Dragic
07-19-2010, 04:54 PM
Everybody can point a finger at somebody else here, but everyone is also guilty of one thing or another (including myself).

That's my point, which is why I'm not pointing the finger at anyone.

BUMP
07-19-2010, 05:07 PM

Cubby, as usual with a fantastic basketball opinion :tu

Phillip
07-19-2010, 05:14 PM
4 rings you fucking faggots!

Muser
07-19-2010, 05:15 PM
:lmao Nice one....

Why? During the season the NBA forum was a lot better than this. I'm not saying it's going to be perfect but it should be better.

HarlemHeat37
07-19-2010, 05:23 PM
TBH, a lot of people are exaggerating..

Ya, Luva is usually trolling, but that's his gimmick, and he's a good character because of it..it clearly works, it's not his fault, he shouldn't be the one that has to stop doing it..when he says things like "Kobe's All-Star Game MVPs beat Duncan's MVPs" or "Kobe was the best in 2000", why do people fall for it?..

Ya, Culbear never talks basketball, but that's his gimmick too, and he's good at it..if he wants to talk about checking assholes, that's on him..

I also don't see a problem in the huge homers like Medvedenko and Spurs fans that compare Blair and Barkley, because they aren't trying to troll, they genuinely believe it, so that's on them to argue their point..

Again, the only problems come from certain guys, and certain parts..I do get annoyed when threads get derailed to talk about stupid things that go nowhere for a few pages, so I hope that stops, but I agree that a lot of these people are way too sensitive and easily trolled..

SomeCallMeTim
07-19-2010, 05:23 PM

Agreed. All the country's problems -- economy, health care, homelessness, childhood diabetes, threatened extinction of the spotted owl, Fuddruckers filing Chapter 11 -- can be traced to Laker fans.

dbreiden83080
07-19-2010, 05:29 PM
The NBA forum is filled with trolls, it has gotten bad..

Muser
07-19-2010, 05:31 PM
It's not that the trolls exist, it's that they are just used way too much. luva seems to make the same thread every other day and it all boils down to "lol stinky paki" or something about calculus. Or the calf tats shit, if it wasn't in every other thread it wouldn't be so bad.

ploto
07-19-2010, 05:42 PM
If specific people offend you, put them on ignore.

If specific topics offend you, don't open them.

No one ever said you have to read every thread. Open the ones that you find interesting and contribute to those. It is the nature of the internet that one must sort through it- find the value and ignore the rest.