PDA

View Full Version : Is lbj still the number one fantasy player ?

Brazil
07-19-2010, 08:29 AM
After the Miami FA earthquake, a lot of fantasy league rankings are considering Kevin Durant and CP3 the new number one and two fantasy players.

some random thoughts here under.

IMO Lbj production could decrease a bit but not enough to not consider him the number one. Maybe his scoring will go down but efficiency / assists and rebounds should compensate that.
Meanwhile, it seems pretty obvious that Bosh value will be affected the most by the new NBA order, to the point to pick him in the late secound round ?

Despite his fingers issues Kobe is still in the top 10 of most rankings: 6th or 7th seem to be the consensus. As for me, I'd take him from 9 to 12 this year.

What do you guys think ? What will be your top 10 ?

boston.balla
07-19-2010, 08:48 AM
many mouths to feed in okc ... guys are a year older, especially harden/westbrook.

Furthermore, as a team, if they want to win they got to have more plays, more offensive diversity (durant has nowhere near bron/wade playmaking ability to make stuff outta nothing so they NEED plays). I think durant's stats will take a small hit.

No1 should still be bron: heat will be running, more possessions => more apg and rpg, ppg will not drop extremely bad (24-25 ppg should be ok) while his fg should only increase. still no1.

Brazil
07-19-2010, 09:15 AM
What will be interesting now is to figure out what cleveland and toronto players will eat lbj and bosh stats. Mo and Bargani will be strong picks IMO next year.

Chieflion
07-19-2010, 09:20 AM
I think Chris Paul would be the number 1 fantasy player next season. I believe he was 1st or 2nd in 2008/2009 or something.

Brazil
07-19-2010, 09:37 AM
With either pick nothing wrong anyway but I'd go 1. LBJ 2. CP3 and 3. KD.

dbestpro
07-19-2010, 10:54 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if Cleveland could do like the Pistons. When Grant Hill left for Orlando everyone put Detroit in the tank. Along came an unknown by the name of Ben Wallace, a couple of draft busts in Hamilton and Billups and a so so draft pick by the name of Prince.

Goran Dragic
07-19-2010, 11:04 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if Cleveland could do like the Pistons. When Grant Hill left for Orlando everyone put Detroit in the tank. Along came an unknown by the name of Ben Wallace, a couple of draft busts in Hamilton and Billups and a so so draft pick by the name of Prince.

Not what happened at all. They traded Grant Hill for Ben Wallace when Wallace was already a decent rebounder and shot blocker, and they traded for Hamilton when he was already an established 20 PPG scorer. You should fact check before trying to be the extremely knowledgeable poster you try to be.

Leetonidas
07-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Not what happened at all. They traded Grant Hill for Ben Wallace when Wallace was already a decent rebounder and shot blocker, and they traded for Hamilton when he was already an established 20 PPG scorer. You should fact check before trying to be the extremely knowledgeable poster you try to be.

Goran regulating. :lmao

Cry Havoc
07-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Still probably LeBron, because unless the Heat are blowing teams out of the water, his assist numbers should go up this season.

22 8 and 10 is probably about what I'd peg for him to average this year.

InRareForm
07-19-2010, 07:54 PM
Durant or CP3

Chieflion
07-19-2010, 07:57 PM
To all of you guys stating Durant, other than free throws, free throw percentage and scoring, what other things does he give you on an elite level in fantasy? He isn't an assist guy, not a great shotblocker and doesn't give you steals at a high rate for a forward.

InRareForm
07-19-2010, 08:01 PM
points based head to head fantasy leagues > rotiseree bullshit

DPG21920
07-19-2010, 08:37 PM
To all of you guys stating Durant, other than free throws, free throw percentage and scoring, what other things does he give you on an elite level in fantasy? He isn't an assist guy, not a great shotblocker and doesn't give you steals at a high rate for a forward.

Que?

He scores 30+ points. Which is huge. He also shoots a very respectable 48% FG and a great 90% from the line (especially because he gets there so much).

Rebounds ~8 per game which is well above average for a SF. ~3Ast from a SF is nice as well.

He hits 1.5 3's per game.

He is one of a very few guys that averages 1+stl/1+blk a game.

He is even in more elite company when you look at guys that can get you 1/1/1 3's, stls & blks.

He is great in 3 cats and very good in almost every other except TO's.

DPG21920
07-19-2010, 08:42 PM
Lebron, CP3, Wade, Durant, Granger, Kobe, Roy, Dwight, Gasol, Dirk,

InRareForm
07-19-2010, 08:44 PM
Lebron, CP3, Wade, Durant, Granger, Kobe, Roy, Dwight, Gasol, Dirk,

Lee should be ahead of most of those listed.

DPG21920
07-19-2010, 08:45 PM
lol

Goran Dragic
07-19-2010, 08:45 PM
lol David Lee

DPG21920
07-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Amare might actually crack my top 10, but I have to see how things shape up.

Brazil
07-19-2010, 08:50 PM
My picks would be something like:

lbj
durant
cp3
Granger
Dwight
Dirk
Wade
Kobe
Gasol
DW
Carmelo
Nash

Goran Dragic
07-19-2010, 08:50 PM
I'd put him there because he'll got tons of touches on a shitty team with fantasy legend Mike D'antoni.

TheKingOfMIA6
07-19-2010, 08:54 PM
LeBron
Durant
CP3

DPG21920
07-19-2010, 08:55 PM
I am not a big Melo fan. I would take him in the 2nd round, but definitely not top 15. The only reason I would take him top 15 is if I knew a guy behind me loved him and I could trade him for something really good.

But in the top 10, they are all pretty close after the first 3 imo. I don't draft for where they will be ranked, I draft for impact/value.

Brazil
07-19-2010, 09:04 PM
I am not a big Melo fan. I would take him in the 2nd round, but definitely not top 15. The only reason I would take him top 15 is if I knew a guy behind me loved him and I could trade him for something really good.

But in the top 10, they are all pretty close after the first 3 imo. I don't draft for where they will be ranked, I draft for impact/value.

the top 3 is obvious after you have 7 players and then you have 10 - 12 players very close depending of what you need but from 10th to 12th we can consider nash, carmelo, amare, wallace, roy, tyreke and a few others.
BTW I'm quite estonished to see so many rankings having S. Curry in the top 12, I picked him last year so I know what he can bring but the presence of Monta is an issue for his fantasy value, I would not pick him so high.

DPG21920
07-19-2010, 09:09 PM
No way Curry is that high, and the crappy thing about all the surprising rookies playing so well last year is now there will be very little value. Most of them, like Curry, will be over valued now.

L.I.T
07-19-2010, 09:15 PM
I think LBJ still goes number one, if only because it's very possible his rebound and assist numbers may see an increase. He will remain a 25+ point scorer I do not doubt.

KD goes second for me. He's a multi-cat guy who is easy to build around as well. Plus, he's going to play 80 games almost guaranteed.

Cry Havoc
07-19-2010, 09:28 PM
I think LBJ still goes number one, if only because it's very possible his rebound and assist numbers may see an increase. He will remain a 25+ point scorer I do not doubt.

KD goes second for me. He's a multi-cat guy who is easy to build around as well. Plus, he's going to play 80 games almost guaranteed.

Don't forget, LeBron's defensive numbers could go up this season, since he has an athletic team around him. Should be interesting to see.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-19-2010, 10:33 PM
points based head to head fantasy leagues > rotiseree bullshit

:lol

You don't know shit. Roto beats the crap out of either h2h or points based. I play all 3, but roto is the biggest challenge.

I play both of the ST Dynasty Leagues, which are points based, but that's not what makes them interesting - it is the fact that they are 20 team deep keeper leagues, which adds 2 new dimensions to the challenge.

Don't forget, LeBron's defensive numbers could go up this season, since he has an athletic team around him. Should be interesting to see.

I thought the same, and like most people I think LBJ's scoring will take a hit while his peripheral stats will improve. Since scoring is the easiest cat to pick up, his value shouldn't diminish much, although I'd rate CP3 as number 1.

I actually think Wade's numbers will take more of a hit than LBJ's - I think he'll still score a lot, but his rebounding, assist and defensive stats might take a hit as he reverts to a more traditional scoring guard role.

Question - should I keep LBJ and Wade in DL I? Or should I auction off Wade to the highest bidder?

stretch
07-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Lebron's scoring will likely drop a bit, but he may now have his best chance at being able to average a triple double for a season. A stat-line of 25/10/10 with close to 2 SPG and 2 BPG is very doable for him imho

I think he still should be the best choice for fantasy player.

fevertrees
07-20-2010, 10:14 AM
CP3 won't even play half the season I bet..injury prone bitch

Kevin Durant 35
07-20-2010, 12:51 PM
1. KD 2. CP3 and 3. LBJ

Kevin Durant 35
07-20-2010, 12:51 PM
If CP3 is healthy

Ashy Larry
07-20-2010, 09:23 PM
Dont forget Matt Bonner ....... he should be the second pick after LeBron

ohmwrecker
07-20-2010, 09:28 PM
My money is on Kevin Durant.

Brazil
07-20-2010, 09:35 PM
CP3 won't even play half the season I bet..injury prone bitch

joke apart one of the reason to pick cp3 3rd is last year injuries. with lbj and kd we can count on min 70 to 75 games.

InRareForm
07-20-2010, 09:42 PM

You don't know shit. Roto beats the crap out of either h2h or points based. I play all 3, but roto is the biggest challenge.

i play higher stakes than you with points based, so i still think it's better. :ihit

Em-City
07-20-2010, 11:13 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nba/news?slug=mb-bigboard-basketball