PDA

View Full Version : Amare's goodbye

Leetonidas
07-19-2010, 11:55 AM
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/7344/36615877.jpg

Wow, I wasn't expecting something like that from Amare, even though he probably didn't write it. Way to show some class man, unlike LeDouche.

Cane
07-19-2010, 11:58 AM
Lamar Odom > Amar'e

Not about to call Amar'e classy after some of the dumb shit he's let out to the media :downspin:

Leetonidas
07-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Well yeah, but in this particular situation, he handled it the way he should've.

timvp
07-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Where is the apostrophe in his signature?

Muser
07-19-2010, 12:31 PM
:tu

easy7
07-19-2010, 12:34 PM
I agree, Amare probably had some PR people write that statement. He is not as coherent as what was written there.

Goran Dragic
07-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Amare waited as long as he could to opt out of his contract. He tried his best to agree to an extension so the Suns could avoid dealing with him in free agency. He did not demand a max contract. When the Knicks offered him 5 guaranteed years, he went to the Suns and gave them an opportunity to match it despite them low balling him throughout the process. When the Knicks guaranteed him $40 million more than Phoenix did, he had no choice but to take their offer. His heart was always in Phoenix, this was his backup plan. This was for all intensive purposes, a business decision. Anyone who thinks differently doesn't know what he's talking about.

It's beyond a stretch to try and make fun of him for writing this letter and showing WAY more gratitude and appreciation for Phoenix fans than Bosh did for Toronto fans or Lebron did for Cleveland fans. He was extremely loyal to a team that low balled him offer after offer below market value, and he did everything he could to stay here, but he can't leave $40 million on the table when he's another knee injury from never getting another contract. He did not have to write this letter to a bunch of unappreciative fans who think Hakeem Warrick and Hedo Turkoglu will adequately replace him.

gaKNOW!blee
07-19-2010, 12:53 PM
damn...I'm getting old.

8 years? I still remember his dunk on Olowakandi like it was yesterday.

Red Hawk #21
07-19-2010, 01:00 PM
a bunch of unappreciative fans who think Hakeem Warrick and Hedo Turkoglu will adequately replace him.

:wow I'm hoping that it is only a select few Suns Fans that believe this...

Ashy Larry
07-19-2010, 01:02 PM
damn...I'm getting old.

8 years? I still remember his dunk on Olowakandi like it was yesterday.

and that look on Marbury's face .......

ElNono
07-19-2010, 01:05 PM
It's good to know he did it for the children... :cry:cry:cry

Oh wait, that was LeBron... nvm

Greg Oden
07-19-2010, 01:06 PM
That's decent of him for a change.

gaKNOW!blee
07-19-2010, 01:06 PM
now i gotta give the link.

Xy7CKPD0hYc

Venti Quattro
07-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Don't like him as a player at all, but he is hella respectable as a person

SenorSpur
07-19-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm sure LeBrick is working on his, as we speak.

DJ Mbenga
07-19-2010, 01:31 PM
does he sign his checks with a #1?

N4th4n
07-19-2010, 01:39 PM
does he sign his checks with a #1?

I am guessing you have never gotten an athlete's autograph before.

Man About Town
07-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Tip of the cap to a classy guy.

resistanze
07-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Wow, I wasn't expecting something like that from Amare, even though he probably didn't write it. Way to show some class man, unlike LeDouche.

While Amare is writing a damn letter, LeBron was humiliating Cleveland for the kids. You tell me who did more.

MiamiHeat
07-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Except Amare also left the Suns via Free Agency.

Same thing LeBron did.

Only difference is, Suns fans weren't douches that burned Amare jerseys and openly supported a shitty, CLASSLESS Dan Gilbert letter.

hypocrites

MiamiHeat
07-19-2010, 02:16 PM
While Amare is writing a damn letter, LeBron was humiliating Cleveland for the kids. You tell me who did more.

"I want to go to the Miami Heat. I am exercising my right of free agency."

and you equate that to = humiliating Cleveland

:lmao:lmao

Mel_13
07-19-2010, 02:17 PM
Amare waited as long as he could to opt out of his contract. He tried his best to agree to an extension so the Suns could avoid dealing with him in free agency. He did not demand a max contract. When the Knicks offered him 5 guaranteed years, he went to the Suns and gave them an opportunity to match it despite them low balling him throughout the process. When the Knicks guaranteed him $40 million more than Phoenix did, he had no choice but to take their offer. His heart was always in Phoenix, this was his backup plan. This was for all intensive purposes, a business decision. Anyone who thinks differently doesn't know what he's talking about.

It's beyond a stretch to try and make fun of him for writing this letter and showing WAY more gratitude and appreciation for Phoenix fans than Bosh did for Toronto fans or Lebron did for Cleveland fans. He was extremely loyal to a team that low balled him offer after offer below market value, and he did everything he could to stay here, but he can't leave $40 million on the table when he's another knee injury from never getting another contract. He did not have to write this letter to a bunch of unappreciative fans who think Hakeem Warrick and Hedo Turkoglu will adequately replace him.

Hard to argue with any of this. Amare gave the Suns every chance to retain his services and they decided to let him go. I think the Knicks will come to regret his contract, but you can't blame Amare for taking a much, much better offer than what was put on the table by Phoenix. Issuing a public "thank you" to the fans of Phoenix is the sort of thing decent people do. Good job, Amare.

resistanze
07-19-2010, 02:18 PM
"I want to go to the Miami Heat. I am exercising my right of free agency."

and you equate that to = humiliating Cleveland

Imagine if your girlfriend called the local news station and broke up with you on live TV over your cold pizza debacle. That's what LeBron did to Cleveland.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
07-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Nice move by Amare, even though he probably didn't write a word of it, its thoughtful.

MiamiHeat
07-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Imagine if your girlfriend called the local news station and broke up with you on live TV over your cold pizza debacle. That's what LeBron did to Cleveland.

Puhleasse. There's always a bitch somewhere to make me some pizza, on time. Just move on.

What Cleveland did after LeBron chose Miami was despicable.

Burned his jersey? After 7 years of playing for you and took you to the towns only NBA Finals in history?

Supported Dan Gilbert's letter full of insults and slander?

Fuck Cleveland and fuck their fans. If they had behaved better and SHOWED CLASS, LeBron could have still been open to doing that.

MiamiHeat
07-19-2010, 02:24 PM
Hard to argue with any of this. Amare gave the Suns every chance to retain his services and they decided to let him go. I think the Knicks will come to regret his contract, but you can't blame Amare for taking a much, much better offer than what was put on the table by Phoenix. Issuing a public "thank you" to the fans of Phoenix is the sort of thing decent people do. Good job, Amare.

Except LeBron didn't want to stay in Cleveland anymore. Amare was open to staying in Phoenix.

So expecting LeBron to do the same thing is foolish because they want different outcomes.

Also, Suns fans didn't publicly HUMILIATE Amare by burning his jersey in the streets or that Dan Gilbert letter.

Yeah, those fans and that owner really deserve a classy "thank you"

because they sure showed LeBron how to be classy, right?

resistanze
07-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Puhleasse. There's always a bitch somewhere to make me some pizza, on time. Just move on.

What Cleveland did after LeBron chose Miami was despicable.

Burned his jersey? After 7 years of playing for you and took you to the towns only NBA Finals in history?

Supported Dan Gilbert's letter full of insults and slander?

Fuck Cleveland and fuck their fans. If they had behaved better and SHOWED CLASS, LeBron could have still been open to doing that.

You're mixing up the order of events. LeBron appeared on his abortion of a show called "The Decision" before his jersey was burned.

MiamiHeat
07-19-2010, 02:27 PM
You're mixing up the order of events. LeBron appeared on his abortion of a show called "The Decision" before his jersey was burned.

I agree he should not have done that show. Maverick Carter might be fired soon for that

but still, boil it down. The show was about his free agency. He has the right to go wherever he wanted to go.

Cleveland fans showed no class with their reaction. So they don't deserve shit.

Greg Oden
07-19-2010, 02:37 PM

What's wrong with that? Everyone is responsible for their own actions and consequences. If some assbag (in this case Miami Heat, lol cold pizza) deserves to be made look like an idiot, they by all means he should be made to look like one. The Cavaliers franchise is responsible for LeBron making a choice to leave. And Dan Gilbert's following actions certainly didn't make LeBron want to reconsider his choice.

resistanze
07-19-2010, 02:45 PM
What's wrong with that? Everyone is responsible for their own actions and consequences. If some assbag (in this case Miami Heat, lol cold pizza) deserves to be made look like an idiot, they by all means he should be made to look like one. The Cavaliers franchise is responsible for LeBron making a choice to leave. And Dan Gilbert's following actions certainly didn't make LeBron want to reconsider his choice.

Can agree with Gilbert being a fucktard. I certainly am not feeling sorry for that clown. At the end of the day though, it's the Cleveland fans that suffer, who have for the most part been loyal. I really don't care where LeBron chose to go, once you're a free agent you can go where you please. But the way he carried himself towards free agency up until the 'Decision' was embarrassing.

admiralsnackbar
07-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Nice move by Amare, even though he probably didn't write a word of it, its thoughtful.

Half of being classy is being dishonest -- even if he didn't write it, it was the right thing to say to the fans.

Giuseppe
07-19-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm just grateful he quit in 1 & 2 WCF's. It made the trek to 16 that much easier.

Greg Oden
07-19-2010, 02:56 PM
Can agree with Gilbert being a fucktard. I certainly am not feeling sorry for that clown. At the end of the day though, it's the Cleveland fans that suffer, who have for the most part been loyal. I really don't care where LeBron chose to go, once you're a free agent you can go where you please. But the way he carried himself towards free agency up until the 'Decision' was embarrassing.

They're Cleveland fans. What'd they expect, something to go their way?

da_suns_fan
07-19-2010, 09:29 PM

Yep. Hate to see him go but its not his fault.

ezau
07-19-2010, 10:10 PM
They're Cleveland fans. What'd they expect, something to go their way?

Darrin
07-19-2010, 10:30 PM
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/7344/36615877.jpg

Grant Hill did something similar when he left here. Of course, since he never met face-to-face with Joe Dumars, of who he had a personal relationship, dodged his phone calls, and reported to the Detroit News that he was leaving for Orlando, he caught some of the Lebron flack as well. Hill later apologized. He called Dumars and told the media that he didn't know how to tell his boss and former mentor that he was leaving for Orlando.

8FOR!3
07-19-2010, 10:59 PM
I approve of this Amar'e.

ginobilized
07-19-2010, 11:43 PM
pleasant surprise

just goes to show how being decent and grateful isn't always the norm

Xylus
07-20-2010, 12:02 AM
Amare will always be one of my favorite players the Suns have ever had. He will be missed, and I don't really blame him for leaving.

N4th4n
07-20-2010, 12:06 AM
Amare will always be one of my favorite players the Suns have ever had. He will be missed, and I don't really blame him for leaving.

Word. :toast

hipcoolster
07-20-2010, 02:31 AM
Amar'e is illiterate , but its good to know he has some descent people working for him.

Goran Dragic
07-20-2010, 02:35 AM
Amar'e is illiterate , but its good to know he has some descent people working for him.

lol katrina

HarlemHeat37
07-20-2010, 02:38 AM

:(

Goran Dragic
07-20-2010, 02:39 AM
lol descent
lol spelling challenged katrina rat calling someone else illiterate

Chieflion
07-20-2010, 03:49 AM
I think Bosh also thanked the city of Toronto on the toronto radio or something. Props to A'mare though.

Obstructed_View
07-20-2010, 06:10 AM
Who gives a shit if Amare didn't write it? Of course he didn't write it. It's much the same as buying a card for someone that has how you feel already written in it. The difference is Amare paid a shitload of money to take out an ad and hire people to do it because he wanted to convey the sentiment to the fans of Phoenix.

I don't always like Amare, but there's nothing self-serving or wrong about what he did in any way. This was a very classy move.

Danny.Zhu
07-20-2010, 06:26 AM
I didn't expect that either. I thought he had no brain...

Leonard Curse
07-20-2010, 07:00 AM
i have to agree with gorggy on this one, amare is hated by us spurs fans, because he did his job the guy represented phx well. He hated us on the court and gave it his all every playoff game. I never saw the guy disappear, heard alot of phx fans say that about him, 2 me he was an avrg defender. even if some of you think this letter is fake at least he took the time to write (or got someone to write it formally) the point is he did it and he at least showed some respect to the fans, cant say the same for the queen of miami. that drama queen really makes me appreciate my spurs!!

Goran Dragic
07-20-2010, 09:33 AM
Do any of you fat beaners have a link confirming the fact he didn't write it?

ffadicted
07-20-2010, 09:47 AM
Amare, wow... I used to hate you, but over the past couple seasons, the way you handled yourself in phoenix with their bullshit situation and how they treated you... good man, even if this letter was spell checked and editted to death, I don't doubt for one moment that this is how you really feel

Cheers mate

Giuseppe
07-20-2010, 10:23 AM
I never saw the guy disappear

see 1 & 2, 2010 WCFs.

BlairForceDejuan
07-20-2010, 12:00 PM
"a heart full of warm memories and gratitude..."

Amare writing this:

http://turbo.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2009/11/skeptical-hippo-1.jpg

Giuseppe
07-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Then the stupid ass signs off on that humonguous trade exception back to Phoenix so there can be a sign & trade and he gets nothing additional out of it. He started at $100 million with NY and that's where it ended up. The imbecile.