PDA

View Full Version : Whatever Happened to the John Hollinger Troll?

kwamay_brown54
07-19-2010, 01:27 PM
"In my Background Music Efficiency Ratings, it appears the best music to mix with the video would be the "Benny Hill Theme" with a BMER rating of 42.38774764."

"I told everybody that their success in close games is just luck. San Antonio proved that statistically they're the best team in the NBA. On top of that, they're the highest rated sports franchise in terms of rattlesnake venom consumption in conjunction with skydiving in Sri Lanka."

Nobody else on the forum can provide these kind of gems, this guy was really getting somewhere, too bad he bailed though.

lil_penny
07-19-2010, 01:30 PM
Tbh I think it was actually hollinger.. but yea he's been missed

JamStone
07-19-2010, 01:32 PM
He had to come up with new ratings after the Orlando Magic couldn't beat Boston. He's back in the lab coming up with new formulas. He had a pretty good run this year up until Orlando-Boston.

BadOdor
07-19-2010, 01:40 PM
He had to come up with new ratings after the Orlando Magic couldn't beat Boston. He's back in the lab coming up with new formulas. He had a pretty good run this year up until Orlando-Boston.

Didn't he pick the lakers in 7 in the finals though? I think he's done a pretty good job predicting the playoffs. At least as good as the other ESPN "analysts".

4>0rings
07-19-2010, 05:13 PM
He was murdered by crystal meth tweakers.

SomeCallMeTim
07-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Didn't he pick the lakers in 7 in the finals though? I think he's done a pretty good job predicting the playoffs. At least as good as the other ESPN "analysts".

I don't think he's picked the eventual winner for a while now. Had Lakers > Boston in '08. Almost positive he had Nuggets > Lakers in '09. Had LA falling to Phx this year (I could be wrong on this but don't think I am) and most definitely had Boston losing to both CLE and ORL.

Not that I think he's a bad analyst. I think the weakness of his system is short series and lack of adjustment for matchups. He seems to acknowledge both these flaws. My one problem with him is he just seems to defend PER and his system with such knee-jerk protectiveness. It's not like the cure for polio or something.