PDA

View Full Version : Looks like no Pacman vs Mayweather

TheNextGen
07-19-2010, 03:57 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5390665

Mayweather won't rush into fight

MIAMI -- Floyd Mayweather Jr. allowed a deadline for striking a deal on a superfight with Manny Pacquiao to pass without saying anything.

A day later, Mayweather indicated that his stance wouldn't be changing anytime soon.

"I'm not interested in rushing to do anything," Mayweather told The Associated Press.

Appearing in Miami on Sunday as a coach at a charity basketball game hosted by Dwyane Wade and Alonzo Mourning, Mayweather happily fielded questions about the NBA. But when talk turned to boxing -- and Pacquiao in particular -- the fighter known as Money simply wouldn't respond.

I'm not really thinking about boxing right now. I'm just relaxing. I fought about 60 days ago, so I'm just enjoying myself, enjoying life, enjoying my family and enjoying my vacation.

-- Floyd Mayweather Jr., when asked about fighting Manny Pacquiao

Mayweather's camp did not respond to a deadline early Saturday put in place by Pacquiao promoter Top Rank for exclusive negotiations, which has put what could be the richest fight in boxing history in doubt. Mayweather and Pacquiao are clearly the two biggest stars in the sport but have not signed a deal despite months of negotiations.

"I'm not really thinking about boxing right now," Mayweather said. "I'm just relaxing. I fought about 60 days ago, so I'm just enjoying myself, enjoying life, enjoying my family and enjoying my vacation."

Mayweather has appeared at the event Mourning founded known as the Summer Groove in past years, plus has grabbed courtside seats at Heat games during previous trips to Miami. But there was a certain irony to his appearance Sunday: Mayweather was a coach on the bench that the Heat occupy, sitting in the seat that Miami coach Erik Spoelstra uses during games.

Spolestra is of Filipino descent, and is a huge Pacquiao fan.

"I'm supporting all basketball players because I'm a fan of basketball," Mayweather said.

Pacquiao already has agreed to an equitable split of the earnings from the megafight, along with extensive drug testing. The two sides nearly came to terms earlier this year, but the fight didn't happen then because Pacquiao was reticent about blood testing close to a fight.

Pacquiao ended up routing Joshua Clottey before about 50,000 fans at Cowboys Stadium in March, while Mayweather easily defeated Shane Mosley in May.

Although he hasn't spoken directly to Mayweather, Top Rank promoter Bob Arum said he believes the former pound-for-pound champion might be reluctant to fight this year because of the legal woes of Roger Mayweather, his uncle and longtime trainer.

Roger Mayweather will go on trial in Las Vegas next month on assault charges stemming from an altercation with a female boxer last year.

If the fight with Mayweather doesn't happen, Pacquiao could fight recently crowned junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto, whom he's already defeated, or former welterweight champion Antonio Margarito. Arum said that Pacquiao plans to fight Nov. 13 regardless of the opponent.

As for Mayweather, well, only he seems to know.

"Like I said, I'm just supporting my family and relaxing," Mayweather said. "That's what I'm doing right now."

TheNextGen
07-19-2010, 04:10 PM
fe2BJst5P_Y

Ashy Larry
07-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Just a pussy move. Makes no since. I mean the only reason dude fought Shane Mosley was because Berto had to go to Haiti. It took an earthquake for Floyd to get into the ring against a top welterweight and he's been in the division now for over four years.

you just can't defend that........

Muser
07-19-2010, 05:28 PM
God dammit, this would rival Ali vs Frazier if it went down...

dbreiden83080
07-19-2010, 05:36 PM
Boxing is dying in the US thanks to this crap.. IT's so sad i am a Floyd fan but he is just being a bitch here. Retire again if you don't want to fight Manny, Floyd..

Ashy Larry
07-19-2010, 05:52 PM
yeah, the sport is slowly dying especially here in America. Remember when the heavyweight champion was known as the top dog?? Nowadays we don't even pay attention to the division because there's no American Heavies out there and the division is just boring. I love the Klitchsko boys but jab-jab-jab-jab-jab for 8 to 9 rounds just doesn't do it for me .........

With that said, we still have excitement at 135, 140 and 147 and I do like the Super Six at 168

dbreiden83080
07-19-2010, 06:31 PM
yeah, the sport is slowly dying especially here in America. Remember when the heavyweight champion was known as the top dog?? Nowadays we don't even pay attention to the division because there's no American Heavies out there and the division is just boring. I love the Klitchsko boys but jab-jab-jab-jab-jab for 8 to 9 rounds just doesn't do it for me .........

Yeah i am the classic case of someone who converted sports to MMA because boxing was not giving me enough anymore. I still love the sport, and get pumped for a big fight but they don't come around enough.. I love Wlad Klitchko but man HBO is not even carrying his fights anymore. Ever since the Haye fight went south they are passing on his fights, so that shows you how bad things are in the US with boxing.. The recognized heavyweight champ is not even getting his fights aired in the US anymore by a major cable outing like HBO..

I see HBO is done with them and apparanetly lied about airing his fight coming up in Sept and Wlad's people wanted to get a deal done with Showtime but time ran out..

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/blog/_/name/rafael_dan/id/5380576/klitschko-blasts-hbo-lie

TheMACHINE
07-19-2010, 07:21 PM
What a fucking faggot. That fool should just retire for good.

Ashy Larry
07-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Yeah i am the classic case of someone who converted sports to MMA because boxing was not giving me enough anymore. I still love the sport, and get pumped for a big fight but they don't come around enough.. I love Wlad Klitchko but man HBO is not even carrying his fights anymore. Ever since the Haye fight went south they are passing on his fights, so that shows you how bad things are in the US with boxing.. The recognized heavyweight champ is not even getting his fights aired in the US anymore by a major cable outing like HBO..

I see HBO is done with them and apparanetly lied about airing his fight coming up in Sept and Wlad's people wanted to get a deal done with Showtime but time ran out..

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/blog/_/name/rafael_dan/id/5380576/klitschko-blasts-hbo-lie

HBO is leaving the heavies alone and now that Oscar de la Hoya has retired, HBO is now calling the shots instead of catering to Oscar's every call. When he was boxing, he had HBO by the balls; now it's reverse. Golden Boy gotta find a way to get the good cards back on HBO in order to get the fans interest again .......

When David Haye is your third best heavyweight, you know the division sucks ass. And I also think that too many boxing matches are going to the scorecards where MMA matches usually have a clear cut winner. Just the excitement about a dude being laid out is a beautiful thing.

dbreiden83080
07-19-2010, 08:07 PM
MMA matches usually have a clear cut winner. Just the excitement about a dude being laid out is a beautiful thing.

UFC 116 perfect example of this. Every major fight had a finish to it and they were all good fights. Brock's fight was extremely exciting, with a comeback performance and finish by Brock. Event did supposedly about 1.4 million buys, many of those i am sure were new fans since Brock brings in the casual fan. So there first MMA experience was a great one.. Boxing in the US just going away is 100% not what i want.. But the sport needs a influx of energy badly..

dbreiden83080
07-19-2010, 11:29 PM
What a fucking faggot. That fool should just retire for good.

100% agreed.. Manny has now complied with all terms this is all on Floyd. I was so excited for this months ago and even when it fell apart i felt like it will get back on track.. Floyd fight Manny or leave the sport..

It's that simple..

urunobili
07-20-2010, 12:39 AM
CROFL Black Chicken :lol
he's waiting for Manny to get old or somethin'

xellos88330
07-20-2010, 02:11 AM
Well there is a big surprise. He ducked the first fight by trying to imply that Pacquiao uses illegal substances in his training.

Now that there are no excuses, his colors are starting to show. Looks like yellow to me.

apalisoc_9
07-20-2010, 03:48 AM
What a pussy. I bet he's waiting for manny to get old cuz he is scared of the speed...pussy.

TheMACHINE
07-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Really? Mayweather waits for fighters to get old? BLASPHEMY!

:lmao:p:

Ashy Larry
07-20-2010, 05:40 PM
UFC 116 perfect example of this. Every major fight had a finish to it and they were all good fights. Brock's fight was extremely exciting, with a comeback performance and finish by Brock. Event did supposedly about 1.4 million buys, many of those i am sure were new fans since Brock brings in the casual fan. So there first MMA experience was a great one.. Boxing in the US just going away is 100% not what i want.. But the sport needs a influx of energy badly..

yeah, I actually caught that fight and even though I'm not the biggest MMA fan, I do find myself drifting toward it and going away from boxing. I mean I have the Super Six at 168 and they need to add one at 140.

But it taking Floyd and Manny this long to fight is really killing the buzz. I mean Leonard and Duran fought twice in six months. We really need to get back to those days when the best of the best fought multiple times.

Ashy Larry
07-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Well there is a big surprise. He ducked the first fight by trying to imply that Pacquiao uses illegal substances in his training.

Now that there are no excuses, his colors are starting to show. Looks like yellow to me.

that's what it's starting to look like. Floyd dictated to Manny the testing regulations - Manny has agree to the testing; and when the Manny/Arum camp dictated a deadline, dude didn't say jack.

I think the only way Floyd will fight is if someone from 115 or 118 call him out ......

dbreiden83080
07-20-2010, 10:11 PM
I don't know what Floyd's problem is? I stood up for the guy on this very forum and felt asking for drug testing was a good idea. Now it appears it was just a ploy to not fight and he is ducking Manny out-right now.. Sad and pathetic.. If he never fights Manny i will be off the Floyd bandwagon forever..

Ashy Larry
07-21-2010, 02:50 AM
I know what his problem is ... he's concerned about that undefeated legacy. You can hear him on many interviews talking about Manny and his three loses and being KO'd. If he was to see that fight, he would have seen Manny get blasted in the balls and the ref said he was hit in the stomach and that was early in Manny career.

Who has tougher fights in their careers? Clearly Manny. I want the Floyd that beat the hell out of Chico Corrales. That's when he was really at his best.

ezau
07-21-2010, 06:28 AM
For all his talents, Floyd is a fucking pussy. I agree with most of you here, he can't fight the best, then he better retire because he's hurting the sport.

dbreiden83080
07-21-2010, 01:40 PM
I know what his problem is ... he's concerned about that undefeated legacy. You can hear him on many interviews talking about Manny and his three loses and being KO'd.

I know but the problem is Floyd is basically refusing to fight him which makes him look scared.. Why did he get close to making a deal last time only to have it fall apart, if he never wanted the fight?? If Floyd ends his career by refusing this fight the only legacy he is walking away with is one of a coward..

His ego won't like that so there is still a chance this happens..

scottspurs
07-21-2010, 04:05 PM
By the time this fight happens they will both be washed up and nobody will care kind of like when Hopkins fought Jones a couple of months ago.

dbreiden83080
07-22-2010, 01:29 AM
By the time this fight happens they will both be washed up and nobody will care kind of like when Hopkins fought Jones a couple of months ago.

What shocks me the most is my understanding was Floyd came back to boxing because he needed the money.. That he flittered much of it away the last few years. Those were the rumors anyway.. So walking from the biggest pay-day of his life is beyond stupid..

ezau
07-22-2010, 05:27 AM
What shocks me the most is my understanding was Floyd came back to boxing because he needed the money.. That he flittered much of it away the last few years. Those were the rumors anyway.. So walking from the biggest pay-day of his life is beyond stupid..

I believe his O on his win-loss record is more important than all the money that he'll get by fighting Pacquiao. Thing is, even if he gets KOd ( which I don't think will happen) Floyd would still be 50 million dollars richer.

If I were in Floyd's shoes, I'll be happy to walk away with one loss knowing that I'll be getting millions of dollars in return. Losing to Pac shouldn't be too humiliating either. I mean, the man is arguably the greatest fighter in this generation, so losing to him shouldn't be a big deal.

Floyd should learn something from Clottey. Clottey knows he doesn't stand chance, so he just did his best not to get knocked out when he fought Pac. Sure he lost to Pacquiao, but he went home knowing that he'll have a very fat paycheck waiting for him.

Whisky Dog
07-22-2010, 11:05 AM
I'll give Floyd the slight benefit because no way does he want to enter a fight training camp without Roger or with Roger going through the legal stuff. I can understand that and if he would just come out and say it I'd give him a break until the moment Roger's situation is decided. Once that happens it's get the deal done and fight on or go out one of the biggest pussies in boxing history.

dbreiden83080
07-22-2010, 11:37 AM
I'll give Floyd the slight benefit because no way does he want to enter a fight training camp without Roger or with Roger going through the legal stuff. I can understand that and if he would just come out and say it I'd give him a break until the moment Roger's situation is decided. Once that happens it's get the deal done and fight on or go out one of the biggest pussies in boxing history.

This is an excellent point and i had forgotten about that. Well the trial is sometime in Aug so if he gets off the deal hopefully gets made fast and if he goes to jail then Floyd better decide if he wants his father back in the trainers chair or not??

rjv
07-22-2010, 12:36 PM
the only one who will ever regard mayweather as even being in the conversation of top fighters of all time is mayweather. he thinks unbeaten is the sole measure of being the best. tell that to ali and leonard and so many others who never ducked the best out there.

Whisky Dog
07-22-2010, 05:02 PM
This is an excellent point and i had forgotten about that. Well the trial is sometime in Aug so if he gets off the deal hopefully gets made fast and if he goes to jail then Floyd better decide if he wants his father back in the trainers chair or not??

To me either Roger gets off light and they get the deal done and get to training or Roger gets sent off, Floyd decides on a different trainer, then they get the deal done and get to training. Anything else will be a punk move by a guy who just refuses to fight Pac.

me15lo
07-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Hello Antonio!

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki-pacquiaomargarito072310

TheGreatest23
07-24-2010, 12:49 AM
Fucking Mayweather....what a chump. Can't believe he is going to watch this happen.

ezau
07-24-2010, 06:05 AM
Hello Antonio!

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slug=ki-pacquiaomargarito072310

I think that's a very dangerous matchup for the Pacman. I doubt if Margacheato will ever use hand wraps again, but that chin of his can stand whatever Pacquiao will throw his way.

IMHO, Pacquiao can beat him, but if he doesn't hurt Tony hard enough, he's gonna get clobbered in the later rounds.

Ashy Larry
07-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Sorry Larry, Mosely ducked PPF for years because he felt Floyd wasn't a big enough draw.

lol .... that's one fighter at 147. And it's kinda hard for Shane to duck Floyd when in the early 2000s, Shane jumped to 147 and Floyd was still fighting at 130. What about all the rest ??? I can see why he wouldn't fight a Bob Arum fighter because of past history but the dude never even tried to fight any of the other top 147ers. And while they were both at 147, Shane was fighting Cotto while Floyd was fighting that walking heavy bag Carlos Baldomir.

I give him props for fighting Shane but to be in a weight class for 4 years and finally fight a top 147er is asinine and can't be defended. Floyd is a smart businessman. He picks his spots and he's done it well but his legacy even if he ends up undefeated will be stained. You can't call yourself the greatest fighter out there and you constantly pussy out. And that's coming from a huge Floyd fan.

Dude could have easily fought Cotto, even though he was an Arum fighter. No sooner than a smaller Ricky Hatton calls him out, he accepts the fight. When Margarito and Cotto was calling him out, it was ... uh, uh, er, uh ...... I love the beatdown he put on Shane, but if that earthquake doesn't happen, Berto woulda fought Shane and Floyd was talking about fighting KO King Paulie Malignaggi ....... you just can't defend that.....

TheGreatest23
07-25-2010, 03:15 AM
Ashy...go easy on Lakaluva. Mayweather did fight Marquez....oh wait..didnt he force him up to 147? errr...145. haha

Ashy Larry
07-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Ashy...go easy on Lakaluva. Mayweather did fight Marquez....oh wait..didnt he force him up to 147? errr...145. haha

In defense of both, I can see why they both wanted to fight Oscar de la Hoya at the time because dude was the cash cow of boxing. Both made nice paychecks and ended up going 3-0 against him. It's just that there one fight in boxing that every one wants and it seems like Floyd is holding this up more than Manny is.

TheMACHINE
08-03-2010, 07:08 PM
As pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao moves on to a probable Nov. 13 fight against Antonio Margarito -- now that Floyd Mayweather has said he is not interested in making boxing's biggest fight, at least this year -- there is still some unfinished business from the messiness of last week's cliffhanger: Were the Pacquiao and Mayweather camps negotiating the fight or not?

Top Rank's Bob Arum, Pacquiao's promoter, insists they were, using HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg as an intermediary.

The Mayweather camp said that is not true and that there were never any negotiations.

The man in the middle of the storm, Greenburg, remained silent even when pressed repeatedly to offer his version of events.

On Monday night, Greenburg finally did.

He took the Arum/Pacquiao side.

"Fights like Mayweather vs. Pacquiao are significant because of these fighters' ability to connect with sports fans around the world. It's unfortunate that it won't happen in 2010," Greenburg said in a statement. "I had been negotiating with a representative from each side since May 2nd, carefully trying to put the fight together. Hopefully, someday this fight will happen. Sports fans deserve it."

The date Greenburg mentioned was the day after Mayweather's resounding decision win against Shane Mosley.

Arum had said over and over during the past two weeks, beginning on a 3 a.m. ET July 17 conference call to announce that the exclusive window to negotiate with Mayweather had closed, that he was negotiating the fight with Al Haymon, Mayweather's adviser, with Greenburg as the go-between.

Arum said he would discuss deal points with Greenburg, who would then take them to Haymon and vice versa.

Leonard Ellerbe, Mayweather's other adviser and the public voice because Haymon refuses to speak to the press, said a few days after Arum outlined how the talks went that there had never been any negotiations.

He released a statement a few days after Arum's teleconference that said, "Here are the facts. Al Haymon, (Golden Boy Promotions CEO) Richard Schaefer and myself speak to each other on a regular basis, and the truth is no negotiations have ever taken place, nor was there ever a deal agreed upon by Team Mayweather or Floyd Mayweather to fight Manny Pacquiao on Nov. 13. Either Ross Greenburg or Bob Arum is not telling the truth, but history tells us who is lying."

Ellerbe was clearly taking a shot at Arum, whose history of playing fast and loose with the truth is legendary in boxing circles.

Schaefer, who has promoted Mayweather's past several fights, also denied the negotiations and said he stood behind Ellerbe's statement.

Arum was pleased that Greenburg supported his version of events and cut him slack for taking a week to say so publicly.

"He works for a major public company and he has to clear this sort of thing with his bosses," Arum told ESPN.com. "I understand that he had to get his statement cleared."

Arum was not so kind to Schaefer.

"The one you should all be taking to task is Schaefer for lying to the press," Arum said. "You don't do that. You can say 'no comment' or say nothing. Richard Schaefer owes an apology to the press, not to me, because I've written him off a long time ago. But now anything he says will be suspect. I don't feel vindicated by Ross' statement because that's what happened. I knew what happened because I know I lived through the negotiations. I knew what I said about them was absolutely truthful so I didn't give a damn who believed me. No skin off my back.

"Indeed, when I made the statement about the negotiations on the conference call, I wasn't looking for controversy. I was kind to Mayweather. But Mayweather is the boss on his side and when he says, 'jump,' you're supposed to ask, 'how high.' That's why none of them have any credibility. Schaefer and Haymon and Ellerbe, they cling to the Mayweather boat because that's the source of their riches. So the fact is that Ellerbe, who is not a bad guy, will do anything that Floyd asks, but Floyd is not quite a rational person. For Schaefer to be part of this drinking the Kool Aid is really pathetic. It's really sad. Doesn't he have any pride?"

Ellerbe was surprised to hear what Greenburg said, but told ESPN.com, "I stand behind my statement 100 percent. Obviously, the term negotiation needs to be defined to those parties who are making these comments. Calling to inquire about what Floyd is thinking about doing is not a negotiation. There was never any negotiation. I respect Ross but I am 100 percent sure there were no negotiations."

Schaefer, in Las Vegas promoting Saturday night's Juan Manuel Marquez-Juan Diaz lightweight championship fight on HBO PPV, once again backed Ellerbe.

"I think it's unfortunate that Ross made that statement," Schaefer told ESPN.com. "I fully stand behind the statement I made. I have not negotiated with Ross and I am not aware of any negotiations that have taken place.

"If Ross or Arum wants to go through a lie detector test, we can arrange that. I can only tell you I have regular contact with Al and Leonard and there were no negotiations going on. I don't know exactly what Ross is referring to or what he is talking about. But I have been very consistent. There were none going on. Arum should just get a life and stop attacking me on a nonstop basis. This is really childish."

Arum is now focused on finalizing the Pacquiao-Margarito fight, which if completed, will take place at a maximum weight of 150 pounds for the WBC's vacant junior middleweight title. If Pacquiao wins, he would extend his record of winning world titles to an eighth weight class. Pacquiao has won titles from flyweight to welterweight.

Arum said although he has deals in principle with Pacquiao and Margarito, there is no site yet, mainly because Margarito is not licensed in the United States following the hand-wrapping scandal that engulfed him before his fight with Shane Mosley in January 2009. Before the fight, illegal pads coated in a plaster-like substance were found in Margarito's hand wraps. His hands were re-wrapped and Mosley wound up knocking out Margarito, who later had his license revoked by the California State Athletic Commission. Javier Capetillo, Margarito's former trainer and the man who wrapped his hands, also had his license revoked.

With the revocation period up earlier this year, Margarito returned to win a fight in Mexico and recently applied for a license in Nevada, where Arum hopes to stage the fight. However, Nevada officials declined to rule on his application, directing him to first go back to California, which has yet to listen to his appeal.

"Frankly, my desire is to keep the fight in the United States," said Arum, who said there is interest from Abu Dhabi and Monterrey, Mexico, in hosting the fight. "Manny would like to fight in Mexico to save on the taxes. He saves 30 percent. But we have a number of states we are talking to that will listen to Margarito."

Arum said he and Margarito's attorney are hoping that Nevada will reconsider his application and give him a one-fight license to face Pacquiao in an HBO PPV fight that would be a boon economically to a struggling city.

"There's a lot of pressure on me to get it done in Las Vegas from everyone in town," Arum said. "The fight is important to the city. But I want it known that if it is not in Las Vegas, it's not because of Bob Arum. I live there and I feel the town needs this. It's not because of me if the fight is caused to go elsewhere."

ezau
08-04-2010, 05:13 AM
PBF is waiting for Pacquiao to get busted before he calls him out LOL. Seriously, Margarito has a solid chance of beating Pacquiao. If he can handle Pacman's speed and volume punches, he'll be ok. However, if he gets hit by some of those lightning combos from Pacquiao, he'll end up like David Diaz.

SanAntonioHeat
08-04-2010, 11:58 AM
PBF is a scared ass bitch. If pacman loses, there goes PBF's payday. But i guess he can say that pacman sucks cuz he lost to margarito while his scared ass self can claim he is the best cuz he is undefeated.

TheMACHINE
08-09-2010, 04:30 PM
Why would Floyd be afraid of fighting a guy that got his ass kicked twice by a guy that he dominated. Are you guys willing to put money on that fight when it happens? Pac will beat Margarito because he has always been a bum. The PAC/PBF fight will happen, and it will be a total mismatch. I'm taking on all bets when that fight happens. PM me if you feel confident.

You want to compare the Marquez fights?....why dont you compare the DLH and Hatton fights too?

Bet when it happens? Ummm...it aint gonna happen cuz you boy floyd is a bitch.

Ashy Larry
08-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Why would Floyd be afraid of fighting a guy that got his ass kicked twice by a guy that he dominated

I look at the circumstances prior to the fight more than anything .......

Pacquiao and Marquez fought twice at 130 and 126 ....... Floyd had Marquez come up a weight class and a half and Floyd still didn't make the required weight limit.

By time that fight had started, Marquez was a mid 30 fighter who was 10 lbs over his normal fighting weight vs Floyd who's fighting in top shape at the weight he walks around at after hydration. Clearly an easy contest to call.

What pisses me off is that Floyd has got good fighters in his own division and continues to dodge them. I understand the business aspect and the politics of boxing; and I don't blame him for getting that paycheck but sooner or later, to be the best, you've got to beat the best. It shouldn't take anyone four years to fight the top competition at 147. One thing I will sat about Manny, as he went up in weight classes, he fought the best in practically every one, win or lose. Can't say the same about Floyd.

Hell, Manny would be the smaller fighter yet he's running from this dude like he has AIDS. Hatton called him out, he took the fight quick as hell. Manny practically called him a bitch, agreed to all his testing demands, sprayed painted a swastika on his mansion and we still haven't heard shit from this dude. And this is coming from a Floyd fan. Prior to this Mosley fight, the last time I was really impressed with Floyd was when he fought "Chico" Corrales and that was damn near ten years ago.

TheMACHINE
08-16-2010, 02:08 PM
I look at the circumstances prior to the fight more than anything .......

Pacquiao and Marquez fought twice at 130 and 126 ....... Floyd had Marquez come up a weight class and a half and Floyd still didn't make the required weight limit.

By time that fight had started, Marquez was a mid 30 fighter who was 10 lbs over his normal fighting weight vs Floyd who's fighting in top shape at the weight he walks around at after hydration. Clearly an easy contest to call.

What pisses me off is that Floyd has got good fighters in his own division and continues to dodge them. I understand the business aspect and the politics of boxing; and I don't blame him for getting that paycheck but sooner or later, to be the best, you've got to beat the best. It shouldn't take anyone four years to fight the top competition at 147. One thing I will sat about Manny, as he went up in weight classes, he fought the best in practically every one, win or lose. Can't say the same about Floyd.

Hell, Manny would be the smaller fighter yet he's running from this dude like he has AIDS. Hatton called him out, he took the fight quick as hell. Manny practically called him a bitch, agreed to all his testing demands, sprayed painted a swastika on his mansion and we still haven't heard shit from this dude. And this is coming from a Floyd fan. Prior to this Mosley fight, the last time I was really impressed with Floyd was when he fought "Chico" Corrales and that was damn near ten years ago.

"but but but....Money is still the best!'
-Harlemheat and lakaluva

Ashy Larry
08-17-2010, 12:51 AM
"but but but....Money is still the best!'
-Harlemheat and lakaluva

LOL

That's the the thing ... based on what ? Record? Opponents? Hell, if I fought 40 eight year old kids, I'd probably go 40-0 with 40 KO's. Just seems like he's so scared of losing that undefeated record. What fighter fights twice in almost three years and says they need a break? That's crazy.

It's the fight that everyone wants. Everyone wants Pacquiao and Mayweather except two people Leonard Ellerbe and Floyd Junior. And I'm a Floyd fan but I call a spade a spade. Don't fight 40 fighters and not ask for Olympic style testing but as soon as this mega fight with Manny is about to go down, all of a sudden the rules change. I commend dude for Oly-style testing procedures but if the previous 40 didn't have to, why should Manny?

TheMACHINE
08-17-2010, 11:12 AM
and now, Manny wants to call PBF's bluff, and PBF runs and literally hides. He'll probably show up and talk smack after Margarito and Pacquiao signs the contract. haha

Ashy Larry
08-19-2010, 09:18 AM
and now, Manny wants to call PBF's bluff, and PBF runs and literally hides. He'll probably show up and talk smack after Margarito and Pacquiao signs the contract. haha

Looks like California is putting the smack down on Margarito ..........

The California State Athletic Commission on Wednesday denied former welterweight titlist Antonio Margarito a boxing license on a 5-1 vote after a nearly six-hour hearing in Los Angeles.

Margarito was seeking a license from the commission that revoked his license in February 2009 following his knockout loss to Shane Mosley the previous month.

The denial throws into question Margarito's proposed fall fight against Manny Pacquiao, which would be for a vacant junior middleweight belt.
In the dressing room before Margarito faced Mosley at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, illegal inserts were discovered in each of his hand wraps after Mosley's trainer, Naazim Richardson, objected to the way his hands had been wrapped. The wraps were cut off and the illegal pads, which were coated in a plaster-like substance, were discovered. Margarito's hands were re-wrapped. The fight went off with Mosley knocking Margarito out in the ninth round to win the title.

rest of article: http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5475019

ezau
08-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Why would Floyd be afraid of fighting a guy that got his ass kicked twice by a guy that he dominated. Are you guys willing to put money on that fight when it happens? Pac will beat Margarito because he has always been a bum. The PAC/PBF fight will happen, and it will be a total mismatch. I'm taking on all bets when that fight happens. PM me if you feel confident.

Why are you cheering for PBF? Pakistanis like you ought to be high on Amir Khan. Just saying:toast

urunobili
09-03-2010, 10:55 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5527403

Floyd Mayweather: 'I'll cook that chump'

* Email
* Print
* Comments186

By Dan Rafael
ESPN.com
Archive

Floyd Mayweather Jr., who has steadfastly refused to answer questions about the most recent round of failed negotiations for a fight with Manny Pacquiao, has unleashed a profanity-filled racist and homophobic Internet rant against the Filipino star.

In an approximately 10-minute UStream video, apparently made Thursday and also posted on YouTube, Mayweather repeated his assertion that Pacquiao uses performance-enhancing drugs, an accusation that resulted in a defamation lawsuit from Pacquiao earlier this year.

[+] EnlargeFloyd Mayweather
Robyn Beck/AFP/Getty PhotoFloyd Mayweather, watching the NBA Finals in June, recorded a profanity-filled Internet video recently that bluntly re-asserts his distaste for Manny Pacquiao.

Mayweather, apparently in his home with a handful of members of his entourage in the background, ripped into Pacquiao repeatedly during the video.

"I'm on vacation for about a year, about a year," Mayweather said. "As soon as we come off vacation, we're going to cook that little yellow chump. We ain't worried about that. So they ain't gotta worry about me fighting the midget. Once I kick the midget ass, I don't want you all to jump on my d---. So you all better get on the bandwagon now. ... Once I stomp the midget, I'll make that mother f----- make me a sushi roll and cook me some rice."

"The video speaks for itself," Pacquiao said in a statement given to ESPN.com by his publicist, Fred Sternburg.

Animated as ever, Mayweather at times spoke directly to the camera and at other times kept the recording running while he made calls to fans who had posted messages to his UStream and Twitter pages.

The tirade came as Pacquiao is in the midst of a three-city media tour to promote his Nov. 13 fight with Antonio Margarito -- a bout taking place only because Mayweather refused to fight him. But Mayweather sure made it sound as though the fight with Pacquiao, boxing's biggest bout and the fight many believe will shatter all revenue records in boxing history, will eventually happen. They have already had two rounds of negotiations fail -- in January and again during the spring.

"At this particular time I don't know if I'm gonna fight again," Mayweather said. "As of right now, I truly believe I am gonna fight again, but as of right now I don't have the urge to get up. But when I do got the urge to get up, believe me my UStream and my Twitter fans will be the first to know, and when we do come back, we will kick 'Poochiao' ass. So I'll let the fans know. Don't worry, we'll kick 'Poochiao' ass. He's gonna take the urine and blood test."

All terms had been agreed to in January for Mayweather and Pacquiao to meet in March, except for the drug testing protocol. Mayweather had demanded that he and Pacquiao submit to random blood and urine tests throughout the buildup to the fight. Pacquiao agreed to random urine tests, but they could not come to an agreement on the blood testing protocol and the fight imploded.

Pacquiao went on to easily defeat Joshua Clottey on March 13. Mayweather went on to easily outpoint Shane Mosley on May 1.

Then a second round of negotiations failed and Pacquiao signed to fight Margarito.

During this week's media tour to promote the bout, Pacquiao said he gave in to Mayweather's testing demands during the second round of negotiations.

"We agree with, you know, his demands," Pacquiao said. "I wanted to know if that's his real reason [for not signing to fight]."

Mayweather's camp has denied the second round of negotiations ever took place, even though Pacquiao's promoter, Bob Arum, insisted that they did, with HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg serving as the intermediary. Arum's version was backed up by Greenburg, despite the Mayweather camp's denials.

During the video, Mayweather also went on a rant about Pacquiao's record, even though Pacquiao has not lost a fight since 2005, and made false comments about the money each had received for recent fights and endorsements.

" 'Poochiao' got three losses and two draws and been knocked out twice," Mayweather said. "So, like I said before, once I beat him it's going to be a cakewalk and it's on to the next. ... We know Pacquiao made $6 million in his last fight and Floyd Mayweather made $65 million in his last fight. Three losses, two draws. Ohhh, hell no, this is America baby. We built on winning. Step your game up, f----t. ... That mother f----- Pacquiao, he can't speak no English. He never seen a contract he didn't like. Mother f----- signed with two companies [Top Rank and Golden Boy]. Look it up. And then this mother f------ with Nike only got 70 Gs. How stupid can a mother f----- be? Reebok gave me a million dollars for three weeks. I wore Reebok s--- for a week for a million dollars. ... This mother f------]'s name is Emmanuel. He got a fake name, taking power pellets."

Mayweather also broke out into a bizarre song in which he called Pacquiao a "whore" and added: "When we do come back, we'll kick 'Poochiao's' ass. I'm gonna fight the Pacman when he gets off the power pellets."

Dan Rafael is the boxing writer for ESPN.com. Follow him on Twitter @danrafaelespn.

TheMACHINE
09-03-2010, 11:38 AM
theres alot of talk on this in the NBA forum...check it out

dbreiden83080
09-04-2010, 04:29 PM
For fuck's sake. IF this was in the UFC this damn fight would have been made like 2 years ago and be done with..

Floyd man up already..

Man In Black
09-04-2010, 04:59 PM
He had a video later on in where it looks staged all to hell, complete with an entourage of different people including a Thai lady, a Jewish jeweler, and an assorted mixed bag of people. He also looked much more manicured. In essence, it was a staged apology.

He actually says he doesn't have a racist bone in his body. Sure you don' Boy Floyd, sure you don't at all. Hey did you know that dollars are green?

milkyway21
09-05-2010, 10:44 PM
"I'm on vacation for about a year, about a year," Mayweather said Thursday. "As soon as we come off vacation, we're going to cook that little yellow chump. We ain't worried about that. So they ain't gotta worry about me fighting the midget. Once I kick the midget ass, I don't want you all to jump on my d---. So you all better get on the bandwagon now. ... Once I stomp the midget, I'll make that mother f----- make me a sushi roll and cook me some rice."

[+] EnlargeFloyd Mayweather Jr.
Jed Jacobsohn/Getty ImagesFloyd Mayweather Jr. apologized Friday for the verbal jabs he threw at Manny Pacquiao on Thursday in a racist Internet rant.

Mayweather also said, " 'Poochiao' got three losses and two draws and been knocked out twice. So, like I said before, once I beat him it's going to be a cakewalk and it's on to the next. ... We know Pacquiao made $6 million in his last fight and Floyd Mayweather made $65 million in his last fight. Three losses, two draws. Ohhh, hell no, this is America baby. We built on winning. Step your game up, f----t. ... That mother f----- Pacquiao, he can't speak no English. He never seen a contract he didn't like. Mother f----- signed with two companies [Top Rank and Golden Boy]. Look it up. And then this mother f------ with Nike only got 70 Gs. How stupid can a mother f----- be? Reebok gave me a million dollars for three weeks. I wore Reebok s--- for a week for a million dollars. ... This mother f------'s name is Emmanuel. He got a fake name, taking power pellets."

Mayweather also broke out into a bizarre song in which he called Pacquiao a "whore" and added, "When we do come back, we'll kick Poochiao's ass. I'm gonna fight the Pacman when he gets off the power pellets."

:lol

chicken!

TheGreatest23
09-07-2010, 07:11 PM
what a bitch

Sdayi135
09-11-2010, 12:55 PM
Arum is now focused on finalizing the Pacquiao-Margarito fight, which if completed, will take place at a maximum weight of 150 pounds for the WBC's vacant junior middleweight title. If Pacquiao wins, he would extend his record of winning world titles to an eighth weight class. Pacquiao has won titles from flyweight to welterweight.

Arum said although he has deals in principle with Pacquiao and Margarito, there is no site yet, mainly because Margarito is not licensed in the United States following the hand-wrapping scandal that engulfed him before his fight with Shane Mosley in January 2009. Before the fight, illegal pads coated in a plaster-like substance were found in Margarito's hand wraps. His hands were re-wrapped and Mosley wound up knocking out Margarito, who later had his license revoked by the California State Athletic Commission. Javier Capetillo, Margarito's former trainer and the man who wrapped his hands, also had his license revoked.

With the revocation period up earlier this year, Margarito returned to win a fight in Mexico and recently applied for a license in Nevada, where Arum hopes to stage the fight. However, Nevada officials declined to rule on his application, directing him to first go back to California, which has yet to listen to his appeal.

"Frankly, my desire is to keep the fight in the United States," said Arum, who said there is interest from Abu Dhabi and Monterrey, Mexico, in hosting the fight. "Manny would like to fight in Mexico to save on the taxes. He saves 30 percent. But we have a number of states we are talking to that will listen to Margarito."

Arum said he and Margarito's attorney are hoping that Nevada will reconsider his application and give him a one-fight license to face Pacquiao in an HBO PPV fight that would be a boon economically to a struggling city.

"There's a lot of pressure on me to get it done in Las Vegas from everyone in town," Arum said. "The fight is important to the city. But I want it known that if it is not in Las Vegas, it's not because of Bob Arum. I live there and I feel the town needs this. It's not because of me if the fight is caused to go elsewhere."

Arum is an idiot for defending this f***ing Margarito coward.

Ashy Larry
09-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Arum is an idiot for defending this f***ing Margarito coward.

It's a meal ticket for him. And I can see why Manny would want to fight in Mexico. Save most of ya loot. But he'd have to worry about the judges being swayed by the Pro-Margarito crowd.