PDA

View Full Version : I wrote this to Steve Kerr's yahoo comments

Phenomanul
05-17-2005, 11:24 AM
How come no one mentions all the bickering and crying the Sonics have done in the press concerning refs and fouls (most notably Allen)?? Or that the Spurs have responded with class; by saying nothing. Worst of all, that it has had the negative effect of keeping Bowen from focusing on his game.

In either case, James' and Fortson's comments about Ginobili's drives to the basket can't go unpunished or even unnoticed. They are basically "predicting" that they will slam Ginobili to the floor on every drive -- now that, Mr. Allen, is "sissy" basketball. It's no wonder Ginobili was rendered inneffective in Game 4; he was beaten up severely in Game 3 by several Sonic "hard fouls." What struck me as odd was that instead noting his fearlessness, the ESPN commentators instead decided to label him as a Hollywood "flopper", at the end of Game 3.... "Hey Manu, in soccer the grass is softer" (Or something to that effect)
Say What????

I know you know that Manu's game does incorporate a bit of the flopping element, but that is only because he wants the refs to know when someone is setting a hard pick, rather than endure an unpunished and unnecessary hit on the defensive end (and I specify on what side of the court because everyone, except ESPN, knows that on offense he has endured his full share of hits). It really did bother me that the ESPN announcers bashed him unfairly with the "flopper" tag even after Daniels elbowed him on the nose/upper lip (I've seen the replay), thinking instead that he was reacting to the screen by James. And then to top it off, the foul was called against Manu.

OK, OK, I know I went off on a tangential rant, but the point I was trying to make was that if ANYBODY had a legitimate reason to bicker about the physicalness of the series, it would be Ginobili. And what has he said?
Absolutely nothing.

It seems a fellow All-Star guard needs to learn a little something about professionalism from his Argentinian counter part. I really really hope that the Spurs maintain their silence in the media and do all their talking with their play on the court. It was sweet medicine against George Karl's public and self-humiliating rants... and hopefully this dosage will be even sweeter (against everything Allen, James, and Fortson have said about us in the press).

gospursgojas
05-17-2005, 11:27 AM
Nice post... is that something Steve will actually see???

Phenomanul
05-17-2005, 11:30 AM
Nice post... is that something Steve will actually see???

Yes... he's responded to some of my other comments before.

The question is whether or not he'll address the concept in his column...

gospursgojas
05-17-2005, 11:32 AM
Yes... he's responded to some of my other comments before.

The question is whether or not he'll address the concept in his column...

Nice.... :spin

Jimcs50
05-17-2005, 11:33 AM
Ask him if he can suit up tonight.

caŽlo
05-17-2005, 12:20 PM
we could really use KERR this season!

KERR >>>>>>>>>> BARRY

thispego
05-17-2005, 12:25 PM
What struck me as odd was that instead noting his fearlessness, the ESPN commentators instead decided to label him as a Hollywood "flopper", at the end of Game 3.... "Hey Manu, in soccer the grass is softer" (Or something to that effect)
really really really pissed me off when this happened, i had to switch to non-hd kens after this ridiculous chain of events, who was that mf'n commentator again? i'd like to take one up side his head