PDA

View Full Version : Laura Ingraham in San Antonio

Crookshanks
07-20-2010, 08:10 AM
Laura Ingraham will bring her "Obama Diaries" book tour to San Antonio Tuesday afternoon. She will be at the Barnes & Noble Bookstore on La Cantera Parkway at 4 pm.

spursncowboys
07-20-2010, 08:49 AM
wish i could be there

CosmicCowboy
07-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Smart and Hot. Good combination. I hear the book is pretty funny.

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 09:08 AM
I did a few quick searches, and found this:

Laura Ingraham takes aim in ‘The Obama Diaries’ (http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38211169/ns/today-books/)

I haven't heard anything from her in some time. Guess I should buy the book. Didn't even know she had a new one.

Stringer_Bell
07-20-2010, 12:46 PM
That bitch is venom. How can anyone want to support that kind of poison? The "liberals" got so much shit for criticizing GW the same way after his first term, but Obama is only 2 years into his term (before any real effect of his policies is felt) and these fucking snakes don't seem to realize their hypocricy. Or maybe they do, but the money stupid people pay for their shitty products and cameos at rallies is more important than intellectual honesty. Yea, that's probably it.

boutons_deux
07-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Crooky showing her Christian charity and love by pimping a nasty-assed, slandering hate monger.

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 12:52 PM
You two with the last couple posts ever actually sit and listen to her, or are you going by what others say?

boutons_deux
07-20-2010, 01:25 PM
I read enough of Laura's crap, and read enough criticism of it, to know she's a nasty-assed, slandering hate manger, prototypical hate media mouthpiece.

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 01:47 PM
I read enough of Laura's crap, and read enough criticism of it, to know she's a nasty-assed, slandering hate manger, prototypical hate media mouthpiece.
Was this criticism coming from the likes of the madcow?

beachwood
07-20-2010, 02:52 PM
she's a twat.

DMX7
07-20-2010, 03:20 PM
I bet she won't be going to the Barnes & Noble on the South side anytime soon.

spursncowboys
07-20-2010, 03:27 PM
That bitch is venom. How can anyone want to support that kind of poison? The "liberals" got so much shit for criticizing GW the same way after his first term,

I don't think there is anything wrong with people criticizing elected officials.

but Obama is only 2 years into his term (before any real effect of his policies is felt) 1. obama is the one who said we are out of it. This is the summer of recovery. Which makes me wonder why he needs more unemployment welfare.
2. How many years does he need? Face it, his waste of money (besides empowering the unions and corporations).

spursncowboys
07-20-2010, 03:29 PM
stringer

That bitch

beachwood

she's a twat.

spursncowboys

Did the southside finally get a bookstore. If I had money, I would have built one on pleasanton and 410.

Trainwreck2100
You two with the last couple posts ever actually sit and listen to her, or are you going by what others say?
heard her when we had a short running cnn station here, she's no different than any other of these morons who have their own show

there isn't one

spursncowboys
07-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Laura Ingram focuses mostly on law issues and entertainment. She rarely goes anywhere near, or in the same vacinity, of vile garbage that b_d, dmx, and beachwood do. Nor does she resort to low blow personal attacks like dailykos and huffpos lib writers that these integrity police seem to look past.

On Morning Joe one morning Joe S. told the story of Mika, her co-host and related to the supposed 100 people who run this country. He said Mika was outside in the rain waiting for her boyfriend. After waiting a few hours she decided to leave and while walking by a bar saw him hanging out at a bar with laura ingram. They put a disclaimer that LI didn't know he had a gf and her and mika are friends now.

Spurminator
07-20-2010, 03:36 PM

I'm going to assume I don't like her based on the people who apparently do.

:tu

CosmicCowboy
07-20-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm going to assume I don't like her based on the people who apparently do.

:tu

:lmao

DMX7
07-20-2010, 03:41 PM
there isn't one

:lol Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me. Although, Google says there's an on-campus store at A&M-SA, but it's probably just textbooks.

Stringer_Bell
07-20-2010, 05:35 PM

Sadly, I have been unfortunate enough to catch her every time she fills in for Bill O's show and I've voluntarily listened to her on the radio. When I heard her on that short-lived 106.7 talk radio station, I knew it would get run out of town. Sure enough, no one wants to hear her bullshit on FM radio here.

Nothing wrong to criticize elected officials, but this bitch is a political tool. She's having fun talking shit now, but if a GOP member is in office she'll be outraged at all the shit he catches. How can anyone believe there's an honest voice somewhere in her?

DarrinS
07-20-2010, 05:50 PM

There's a Barnes and Nobel on the south side?

EDIT> Someone already beat me to it.

Mr. Peabody
07-20-2010, 09:49 PM
I used to listen to her on KLUP here in San Antonio. I'm not a fan, but she's no worse than any other radio host

Oh, Gee!!
07-20-2010, 09:51 PM
I used to listen to her on KLUP here in San Antonio. I'm not a fan, but she's no worse than any other radio host

she's kind of a dick, imo.

Crookshanks
07-20-2010, 09:57 PM

How about giving us some examples, oh intelligent enlightened one?

Mr. Peabody
07-20-2010, 10:01 PM
she's kind of a dick, imo.

Again though, no better or worse than any of the others on KLUP.

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 10:03 PM
No kidding.

I would like to see some in context quotes also.

Mr. Peabody
07-20-2010, 10:10 PM

Ingraham was born and raised among the wealthy in Glastonbury, Conn., one of the state's richest suburbs, although her mother worked as a maid to support the family. She went to Dartmouth University and became the first female editor of the conservative Dartmouth Review, where conservative author Dinesh D'Souza, a former boyfriend, also worked. While there, she secretly sent a reporter with a tape recorder to a campus gay students association meeting; she then outed the students in print and sent tapes of the meetings to the students' parents.

That's pretty hateful.

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 10:22 PM
That's pretty hateful.
If it's true, maybe. How verifiable is the story?

Is that all you have? Something years back, when she was a college student? How about something more modern. Something that fits "hate" in any of her shows.

Surely, it's well documented by liberals.

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 10:27 PM
That's pretty hateful.
If the article is true, it goes on to say, immediately after the point you stopped quoting:

In the magazine she called association members "cheerleaders for latent campus sodomites." (In 1997, more than a decade later, she wrote an article in the Washington Post detailing how she had changed her views in light of her brother Curtis' coming out as gay.)
People change. Again, have an example that's not 23+ years old?

Mr. Peabody
07-20-2010, 10:29 PM
If it's true, maybe. How verifiable is the story?

Is that all you have? Something years back, when she was a college student? How about something more modern. Something that fits "hate" in any of her shows.

Surely, it's well documented by liberals.

Is that all I have? I guess. It took me all of 5 seconds to find that. You all didn't ask for a specific number of examples. I suppose I could find more if I felt it necessary.

Mr. Peabody
07-20-2010, 10:34 PM
If the article is true, it goes on to say, immediately after the point you stopped quoting:

People change. Again, have an example that's not 23+ years old?

Why do you have such a hard-on about defending her? I already said I didn't think she was any worse than any of the rest. These people aren't infallible just because the espouse certain viewpoints. They're talking heads who get paid to create controversy and rile up listeners.

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 10:46 PM
Why do you have such a hard-on about defending her? I already said I didn't think she was any worse than any of the rest. These people aren't infallible just because the espouse certain viewpoints. They're talking heads who get paid to create controversy and rile up listeners.
I have listened to her from time to time. I don't see the stated hate in her, at least not anymore than how political in differences get expressed.

In an attempt to find the validity of your quote, even wikipedia has a remark to the effect, without naming her. However, it was marked "citation needed." I went to the Dartmouth Review website and found nothing on an archive search. This is apparently nothing more than vicious rumor.

It would be nice to see anything that propels this past expressing anger for the truth of others actions.

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 11:14 PM
I made some progress. The 1997 Washing Post article is titled “Test of Devotion; What My Gay Brother Taught Me About Tolerance,” February 23, 1997. It is a copywriter article requiring a subscription or payment, which I don't have. Here is an excerpt I could find:

But at the same time, in the 10 years since I learned my brother Curtis was gay, my views and rhetoric about homosexuality have been tempered — not because Curtis proselytizes on gay rights, but because I have seen him and his companion, Richard, lead their lives with dignity, fidelity and courage. By refusing to give in to bitterness or defeat in the face of a relentless disease, they have shown me what C.S. Lewis meant when he wrote that our ideology and faith must leave room for tolerance and empathy. I now regret that at Dartmouth we didn’t consider how callous rhetoric can wound — how someone like Barney Frank must have felt — not to mention how it undermined our political point…

…Where 10 years ago my reaction to the idea of gay marriage was a reflexive, “You’ve got to be kidding me,” I am now less dismissive. Without a legal marriage, Curtis and Richard not only miss out on tax advantages and employer health and pension benefits (outside of San Francisco), there is undeniable emotional strain as well. “I’m his caretaker,” Curtis told the emergency room nurse as we registered Richard in the hospital. Although I understood the word had become part of the AIDS lexicon by necessity, knowing what they had been through together made it sound antiseptic, almost an insult.
Does this sound like the voice of hate?

Blake
07-20-2010, 11:34 PM
Smart and Hot.

she looks rather mannish, imo.

DMX7
07-20-2010, 11:42 PM

At quick glance, she's ok looking. Then you look at her more closely and gross.

Here, on her wikipedia page, she looks manish. Not hot.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/de/Laura_Ingraham_2007_Navy_VIP_flight_%C2%B7_DN-SD-07-25733.JPEG/428px-Laura_Ingraham_2007_Navy_VIP_flight_%C2%B7_DN-SD-07-25733.JPEG

Cant_Be_Faded
07-20-2010, 11:53 PM
I'd JO all over her T's but she isn't as hot as conservative writers try to make it sound she is.

She's like a 6.7

women's makeup and photoshop airbrushing are amazing tools

Wild Cobra
07-20-2010, 11:54 PM
Would that be because she is comfortable in her own skin, and no excess makeup?

http://wbrgradio.com/assets/images/Laura_InGraham_3-23-200903.jpg

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv350/gregmartin4000/Politics/LauraIngraham.jpg

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2009/12/15/image5982948x.jpg

http://www.eurweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/laura-view.jpg

http://www.silverstatechronicles.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/lauraingraham.jpg

I guess because she doesn't rely on heavy makeup like your hooker girlfriend, you know what a woman should look like. The most makeup I have seen her wear is the fourth photo I linked, when she was on "The View." Bet that was their idea, not hers.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-20-2010, 11:55 PM
What a big solid "MEH"

I'd rather have that stuck up conservative bitch that wears those intentionally ugly glasses and goes by initials. She probably isn't as tore up as Ingraham too. Someone here on Spurstalk used to have this chick in his sig...it's like C.W. Sweettits or something like that.

Blake
07-21-2010, 12:06 AM
Would that be because she is comfortable in her own skin, and no excess makeup?

http://www.silverstatechronicles.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/lauraingraham.jpg

I guess because she doesn't rely on heavy makeup like your hooker girlfriend, you know what a woman should look like.

I know what a man looks like. In this photo, she looks like a man wearing lipstick and sporting a beauty shop hair cut, imo.

To each his own though.

Wild Cobra
07-21-2010, 12:07 AM
I know what a man looks like. In this photo, she looks like a man wearing lipstick and sporting a beauty shop hair cut.
I take it you have a transvestite girlfriend then?

Blake
07-21-2010, 12:09 AM
I take it you have a transvestite girlfriend then?

No.

I take it you've never seen a transvestite "girl"?

Wild Cobra
07-21-2010, 12:14 AM
No.

I take it you've never seen a transvestite "girl"?
Oh, they are prominent enough in downtown Portland. She doesn't look anything like even a good female impersonator, or T-Girl. I take it your inexperience with women keeps you from seeing what they look like without makeup.

Blake
07-21-2010, 12:20 AM
Oh, they are prominent enough in downtown Portland. She doesn't look anything like even a good female impersonator, or T-Girl. I take it your inexperience with women keeps you from seeing what they look like without makeup.

So you know what a good T-girl looks like in downtown Portland?

I dont know what you are looking at in these pictures.....Laura clearly has makeup on.

ploto
07-21-2010, 08:15 AM
So she hated gay people until she watched her brother be one. That does not make her tolerant.

TeyshaBlue
07-21-2010, 08:46 AM
I dunno bout Transvestites, but that gal has alot of horse in that face.

TeyshaBlue
07-21-2010, 08:47 AM
So she hated gay people until she watched her brother be one. That does not make her tolerant.

Tolerance is not always initiated internally. It is possible to develop as events dictate.

CosmicCowboy
07-21-2010, 09:05 AM
What a big solid "MEH"

I'd rather have that stuck up conservative bitch that wears those intentionally ugly glasses and goes by initials. She probably isn't as tore up as Ingraham too. Someone here on Spurstalk used to have this chick in his sig...it's like C.W. Sweettits or something like that.

Oh yeah...whats her name? She's freaking hot in that nasty schoolgirl way.

CosmicCowboy
07-21-2010, 09:35 AM
Oh yeah...S E Cupp...
http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/HOTCONSERVATIVE/SECUPP.jpg

Wild Cobra
07-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Hey lefties...

Why is it OK for Shirley Sherrod to change her mind about whites, and be thought of in a good light, but not OK for Lara to change her stance on gays without the criticism?

Would you want to be held accountable for your past mistakes, that you don't have different perspectives on today?

ploto
07-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Tolerance is not always initiated internally. It is possible to develop as events dictate.

I see no indication that the experience has made her more tolerant towards any other groups.

SnakeBoy
07-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Nothing wrong to criticize elected officials, but this bitch is a political tool. She's having fun talking shit now, but if a GOP member is in office she'll be outraged at all the shit he catches. How can anyone believe there's an honest voice somewhere in her?

Actually she used to bash the shit out of Bush.

Her show is pretty entertaining, she does some pretty funny Pelosi impersonations/skits. It's also pretty funny just knowing that she used to date Olberman.

spursncowboys
07-21-2010, 12:38 PM
I see no indication that the experience has made her more tolerant towards any other groups.

I guess since she doesn't owe you an explanation and she is a successful lawyer, entertainer and cancer survivor she will live.

spursncowboys
07-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Actually she used to bash the shit out of Bush.

Her show is pretty entertaining, she does some pretty funny Pelosi impersonations/skits. It's also pretty funny just knowing that she used to date Olberman.

Yeah she makes fun of msnbc and hollywood more than dealing with real political topics. I loved listening to her while driving to the worst college in America-SAC.

boutons_deux
07-21-2010, 02:06 PM
"bash the shit out of Bush"

he deserved not only all the bashing, but impeachment and jail.