PDA

View Full Version : The Shirley Sherrod 'smear job' by Breitbart and Fox News Channel

Pages : [1] 2

Nbadan
07-21-2010, 01:00 AM
Rachel Maddow takes FAUX News to school .....again...

a8SPPl-N39E

One thing is clear by this incident, the Obama administration is scared shit-less of the wing-nut noise machine and the M$M proves once again how lazy and incompetent it really is....

DMX7
07-21-2010, 01:19 AM
As crazy as Fox News went with this story, they did just enough to protect themselves from libel. Andrew Breitbart, on the other hand, is about to get his ass handed to him if anyone's up to it.

Nbadan
07-21-2010, 01:29 AM
We'll see I guess......the Obama Administration could be on the line too for demanding her resignation based solely on yet another Breitbart heavily-edited tape....did the Administration learn nothing from the Faux ACORN scandal?

Stringer_Bell
07-21-2010, 02:14 AM
IMHO, Maddow actually put words and context to Sherrod's story that I never heard Sherrod say herself on the tape. That's not enough to change my initial judgement, it still sounds horrible. HOWEVER, apparently the white folks she helped out are speaking up and thankful for what she did for them...the same white people she talked about in the speech.

Maybe Breitbart should have tried to talk to them and get some nasty quotes, then posted the edited video and the white people looking all sad in the aftermath. That would have worked much better.

Winehole23
07-21-2010, 03:39 AM
Is there a pattern here?

Winehole23
07-21-2010, 03:43 AM
Breitbart runs slyly edited vids and subsequently apologizes. Credibility of targets get[s] tarred irreversably. Mission accomplished.

boutons_deux
07-21-2010, 04:08 AM
USDA reconsiders employee ouster over race remarks

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said Wednesday he will reconsider the department's decision to oust a black employee over racially tinged remarks after learning more about what she said."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_USDA_RACISM_RESIGNATION?SITE=TXSAE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Capt Bringdown
07-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Pox News and Breitbart are just doing what they normally do. Too bad Obama's WH is so terrified of the right that it capitulates without reason or principle on issue after issue:

Sherrod told CNN that the White House urged her to resign Monday afternoon after the video clip surfaced.

"They harassed me," she said. "I got three calls from the White House. At one point they asked me to pull over to the side of the road and do it because you are going to be on Glenn Beck tonight."

Sherrod said the White House calls came from Cheryl Cook, USDA deputy undersecretary for rural development. "The administration was not interested in hearing the truth. They didn't want to hear the truth," Sherrod said.

Washington Post (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/federal-eye/2010/07/usda_worker_quits_over_racism.html)

boutons_deux
07-21-2010, 09:00 AM
Shirley Sherrod Unsure If She Would Go Back To USDA After Firing
from HuffingtonPost Full Feed by The Huffington Post News Editors

WASHINGTON — The woman at the center of a racially tinged firestorm involving the Obama administration and the NAACP said Wednesday she doesn't know if she'd return to her job at the Agriculture Department, even if asked.

"I am just not sure how I would be treated there," Shirley Sherrod said in a nationally broadcast interview. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said Wednesday he would reconsider the department's decision to oust Sherrod over her comments that she didn't give a white farmer as much help as she could have 24 years ago.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/21/shirley-sherrod-unsure-if_n_653927.html?view=print

========

(conservative) America The Beautiful, God Shines His Light On Thee

CosmicCowboy
07-21-2010, 09:41 AM
It wasn't just them. The White House and the NAACP smeared her too.

And NBADan, playing an unbroken, unaltered, segment of a tape is not the same as "heavily editing" a tape.

Capt Bringdown
07-21-2010, 09:42 AM
Perhaps a turning point for the Obama administration. Where do they go from here? More than a mistake, this saga reveals too many weaknesses.
Disgusting.

Wild Cobra
07-21-2010, 09:48 AM
Too bad she never takes to school liberals, who take PC to this level all the time.

Wild Cobra
07-21-2010, 09:52 AM
IMHO, Maddow actually put words and context to Sherrod's story that I never heard Sherrod say herself on the tape. That's not enough to change my initial judgement, it still sounds horrible. HOWEVER, apparently the white folks she helped out are speaking up and thankful for what she did for them...the same white people she talked about in the speech.

Maybe Breitbart should have tried to talk to them and get some nasty quotes, then posted the edited video and the white people looking all sad in the aftermath. That would have worked much better.
That's right. The madcow is right in this case. She recounted a story that opened her eyes that some whites struggle also. That it's not a racial thing.

Now Fox was wrong for not verifying a story. So were everyone else who ran with it. CNN, CBS, MSNBC, etc. do this all the time when it's against a republican or conservative. Any heat directed to Fox over this , I hope people equally hold against the liberal press to this standard of outrage in the future.

However. I know that will never happen. It's OK to slander conservatives, republicans, and tea party members. Just no OK to do the same to liberals/democrats. Right?

Wild Cobra
07-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Perhaps a turning point for the Obama administration. Where do they go from here? More than a mistake, this saga reveals too many weaknesses.
Disgusting.
I think they all saw the unedited tape, but forced her out because she was too conservative for them. Just used the snippet as an excuse.

George Gervin's Afro
07-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Fox News and talk radio base thier living on soundbites. Is this a surprise to anyone?

CosmicCowboy
07-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Fox News and talk radio base thier living on soundbites. Is this a surprise to anyone?

All news is based on soundbites. Is this a surprise to you?

fraga
07-21-2010, 10:42 AM
This should be a lesson to all News organizations and reporters...do your job...report the facts...if you're gonna give your opinion...don't call yourself a News organization...you're Entertainment Tonight...

jack sommerset
07-21-2010, 10:50 AM
The chick is a racist. Now some of you are blaming Fox news for her racism.

But, but, but she said she was a racist!

Wild Cobra
07-21-2010, 11:00 AM
All news is based on soundbites. Is this a surprise to you?
Don't you love it when the shoe is on the other foot...

Liberals always attack conservatives with soundbites. Now that they have experienced it, think it will educate them?

I don't. I think they will remain libtards.

RandomGuy
07-21-2010, 11:05 AM
Too bad she never takes to school liberals, who take PC to this level all the time.

Really?

Then it should be very easy for you to present a similar case in short order.

Please support your claim, as I am very dubious.

fraga
07-21-2010, 11:07 AM

WTF are you talking about...have you not watched the ENTIRE video...or are you still going on what Fox "News" is reporting...

RandomGuy
07-21-2010, 11:09 AM

They base their living on providing "liberal media" conspiracy theories to brainwashed dolts who are willing to believe in it.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158758

In a series of studies in 2005 and 2006, researchers at the University of Michigan found that when misinformed people, particularly political partisans, were exposed to corrected facts in news stories, they rarely changed their minds. In fact, they often became even more strongly set in their beliefs. Facts, they found, were not curing misinformation. Like an underpowered antibiotic, facts could actually make misinformation even stronger.

This bodes ill for a democracy, because most voters — the people making decisions about how the country runs — aren’t blank slates. They already have beliefs, and a set of facts lodged in their minds. The problem is that sometimes the things they think they know are objectively, provably false. And in the presence of the correct information, such people react very, very differently than the merely uninformed. Instead of changing their minds to reflect the correct information, they can entrench themselves even deeper.

It is simply adding muck and water to a self-imposed swamp of stupidity, bad logic, and disconnect with reality.

RandomGuy
07-21-2010, 11:12 AM

The point of the story was that she realized that she was treating white and black differently, albeit not in a deliberate, conscious way, and that she realized that self-tendency to do so, and made a conscious effort to make sure that she stopped doing that.

She was a racist... in 1985.

(if you listen to the whole story, not just what you were spoon fed by a gleeful Fox News, the incident she was referring to took place in 1985, as Ms. Maddow pointed out, the year was directly determinable because she named a specific farm overhaul bill passed that year as part of the story)

Wild Cobra
07-21-2010, 11:13 AM
Really?

Then it should be very easy for you to present a similar case in short order.

Please support your claim, as I am very dubious.
LOL....

Cases we discuss here are often just that way.

Look at the example given in the Laura Ingraham thread.

Look at the NAACP calls about the tea party, denouncing racial influences within , when they don't.

So often, when a conservative speaks ill of a black, he's called a racist. Attacked because of his skin color.

Did you seriously not understand my point?

Just how many times does the left throw around the allegation of racism, when it only has out of context snippets? Very often. Isn't that obvious?

Wild Cobra
07-21-2010, 11:16 AM
WTF are you talking about...have you not watched the ENTIRE video...or are you still going on what Fox "News" is reporting...
He's channeling how those in power over her job jumped to conclusions.

And to think, her boss wanted to be president. Don't need that itchy finger on the football (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_football).

RandomGuy
07-21-2010, 11:16 AM
LOL....

Cases we discuss here are often just that way.

Look at the example given in the Laura Ingraham thread.

Look at the NAACP calls about the tea party, denouncing racial influences within , when they don't.

So often, when a conservative speaks ill of a black, he's called a racist. Attacked because of his skin color.

Did you seriously not understand my point?

Just how many times does the left throw around the allegation of racism, when it only has out of context snippets? Very often. Isn't that obvious?

People throw around that charge all the time, yes.

Did liberals ever get a Bush administration official wrongly fired after a media firestorm based on lack of fact-checking over it?

I asked for a similar case, not your interpretation of reality.

jack sommerset
07-21-2010, 11:17 AM

Her remarks are straight up racist. Not wanting to help a farmer because he is white and directing him to his own kind. What part of this don't you get?

Are you telling me this girl is not a racist and/or never has been one? What are you trying to get at here?

jack sommerset
07-21-2010, 11:20 AM
The point of the story was that she realized that she was treating white and black differently, albeit not in a deliberate, conscious way, and that she realized that self-tendency to do so, and made a conscious effort to make sure that she stopped doing that.

She was a racist... in 1985.

(if you listen to the whole story, not just what you were spoon fed by a gleeful Fox News, the incident she was referring to took place in 1985, as Ms. Maddow pointed out, the year was directly determinable because she named a specific farm overhaul bill passed that year as part of the story)

LOL@ blaming fox news. LAME!

Wild Cobra
07-21-2010, 11:21 AM

Did liberals ever get a Bush administration official wrongly fired after a media firestorm based on lack of fact-checking over it?

Remember who said Strom Thurmond would have been a good president?

Supergirl
07-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Faux News sure is desperate to find a controversy. They make themselves look like douchebags every moment they are on the air.

CosmicCowboy
07-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Faux News sure is desperate to find a controversy. They make themselves look like douchebags every moment they are on the air.

Funny. I think the same thing every time I see Rachel Maddow.

Wild Cobra
Sure, they look for controversy. that['s what the public wants, and what the networks give them.

Are you excluding the others over this controversial issue thing, or do you believe they are better?

They are all the same in that regard. Controversy sells.

Please be fair about this and blame CNN, MSNBC, and the others also, because they constantly do, exactly the same thing.

DarrinS

Who was asking for her to resign?

RandomGuy
07-21-2010, 11:34 AM

Fox News gleefully aired the story as "she is a racist now and that is affecting the way she does her job".

They didn't do any fact checking, they just ran with it.

LOL @ you for being sucker enough to beleive you are told the entire truth by Fox News. :lmao

RandomGuy
07-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Who was asking for her to resign?

Every talking head on Fox news.

Watch the Maddow piece, if memory serves she played no few amount of clips.

RandomGuy
07-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Sure, they look for controversy. that['s what the public wants, and what the networks give them.

Are you excluding the others over this controversial issue thing, or do you believe they are better?

They are all the same in that regard. Controversy sells.

Please be fair about this and blame CNN, MSNBC, and the others also, because they constantly do, exactly the same thing.

Not really

CNN doesn't sit around and talk about "right-wing media" and how it is constantly lying to anywhere NEAR the degree that Fox "news" pushes that storyline, you know it.

DarrinS
07-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Every talking head on Fox news.

Watch the Maddow piece, if memory serves she played no few amount of clips.

Shirley Sherrod: White House Forced My Resignation

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20011099-503544.html

DarrinS
07-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Not really

CNN doesn't sit around and talk about "right-wing media" and how it is constantly lying to anywhere NEAR the degree that Fox "news" pushes that storyline, you know it.

You're right. They are a "Wright-free zone" and they fact-check SNL skits that are critical of Obama.

boutons_deux
07-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Breitbart, Fox, hate media fabricating shit and outrage again.

Through and through, conservatives/Repugs/hate media iare nothing but slander and lies, bad faith, fake outrage, fake principles, cheap shots, childishness. They Can't Be Serious

DarrinS
07-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Breitbart, Fox, hate media fabricating shit and outrage again.

Through and through, conservatives/Repugs/hate media iare nothing but slander and lies, bad faith, fake outrage, fake principles, cheap shots, childishness. They Can't Be Serious

It really pisses off leftists that they don't have an outright monopoly on all media. They only control about 90% of it.

George Gervin's Afro
07-21-2010, 11:48 AM

..have you heard the entire speech? I'd suggest you review it because you LOOK real stupid right now.

George Gervin's Afro
07-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Funny. I think the same thing every time I see Rachel Maddow.

A network vs an anchor...

:lmao

Wild Cobra
07-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Fox News gleefully aired the story as "she is a racist now and that is affecting the way she does her job".

LOL @ you for being sucker enough to beleive you are told the entire truth by Fox News. :lmao
We weren't the suckers.

The NAACP, the WH, and her boss were.

George Gervin's Afro
07-21-2010, 11:53 AM
We weren't the suckers.

Not the people who ran the story or edited the video?

CosmicCowboy
07-21-2010, 11:54 AM
A network vs an anchor...

Or Olberman. Or that gay pretty boy, whats his name? MSNBC sucks.

Wild Cobra
07-21-2010, 11:54 AM
It really pisses off leftists that they don't have an outright monopoly on all media. They only control about 90% of it.
So true, and that 10% bites them now and then.

jack sommerset
07-21-2010, 12:21 PM
..have you heard the entire speech? I'd suggest you review it because you LOOK real stupid right now.

Mr Dildo. I have heard the entire speech.

Her remarks are straight up racist. Not wanting to help a farmer because he is white and directing him to his own kind is racist. What part of this don't you get?

Are you telling me this girl is not a racist and/or never has been one? What are you trying to get at here.

You LOOK real stupid right now!

jack sommerset
07-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Or Olberman. Or that gay pretty boy, whats his name? MSNBC sucks.

It's Rachel Maddows.

jack sommerset
07-21-2010, 12:24 PM
The funny thing is the White House shit canned this girl and now they want to blame FOX. Fucking halirious!!!!! The blame game continues with Obongo

boutons_deux
07-21-2010, 12:28 PM
The safest assumption in dealing with hate media is to assume they're lying, because they always are.

One of the biggest lies is that libruls dominate media, when Fox and all the hate media really have captured the media

George Gervin's Afro
07-21-2010, 12:29 PM

Her remarks are straight up racist. Not wanting to help a farmer because he is white and directing him to his own kind is racist. What part of this don't you get?

Are you telling me this girl is not a racist and/or never has been one? What are you trying to get at here.

You do realize she said the helping this guy was turning point in her thinking of white people in general. This was 27 years ago....

There's a village out there missing you jack..

George Gervin's Afro
07-21-2010, 12:39 PM
We weren't the suckers.

No kidding.

I would like to see some in context quotes also.

spursncowboys
07-21-2010, 12:43 PM
This should be a lesson to all News organizations and reporters...do your job...report the facts...if you're gonna give your opinion...don't call yourself a News organization...you're Entertainment Tonight...

Maybe they would have learn that with quoting wikipedia of rush limbaugh.

jack sommerset
07-21-2010, 12:51 PM
You do realize she said the helping this guy was turning point in her thinking of white people in general. This was 27 years ago....

So she is no longer a racist is your opinion. Let me tell you, I don't believe her.

Those folks at the NAACP laughed when she said she discriminated against that person because of his skin color. That room was full of racist!

spursncowboys
07-21-2010, 12:53 PM

Like all the other news org. had stories on
a. acorn
b. tea parties
c. rev. wright
d. van jones
?

FTR: Fox redid the story first. Krathhammer, Beck and Bair all went on the side of sherrod.

George Gervin's Afro
07-21-2010, 12:54 PM
So she is no longer a racist is your opinion. Let me tell you, I don't believe her.

Those folks at the NAACP laughed when she said she discriminated against that person because of his skin color. That room was full of racist!

So you lied and haven't heard the whole video. She said she learned from it and they appauded her. You are a liar who hates liars..

spursncowboys
07-21-2010, 01:00 PM
So you lied and haven't heard the whole video. She said she learned from it and they appauded her. You are a liar who hates liars..

the crowd was laughing when you really shouldn't have. kind of like when the ni**er family skit on dave chappelle and white ppl laugh and black ppl look at you like "why is that funny?"

jack sommerset
07-21-2010, 01:00 PM

It's comical how dumb you are. The NAACP laughed when she informed them she discriminated against the white farmer. You didn't watch the whole video or you would have seen that.

Please tell me how I lied. You can't. More nonsense from the dumbest guy in the room.

CosmicCowboy
07-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Laughed AND soft clapped.

fraga
07-21-2010, 01:14 PM
This is a prime example of what's wrong in this country...the ENTIRE video has been posted...and yet the two opposing sides CLEARLY see her as a racist...or a humanitarian...that's just fucking ridiculous...

Stringer_Bell
07-21-2010, 01:29 PM
However. I know that will never happen. It's OK to slander conservatives, republicans, and tea party members. Just no OK to do the same to liberals/democrats. Right?

I really think it's mainly MSNBC and Rick (from CNN) that are the problem. They act like the Democrats behave in common sense ways and the GOP are just a thorn in their side so they can say whatever they want to discredit them. It's not right, and luckily I don't think enough people watch them to make a difference on the voting population.

I wonder what happens to Breitbart now. :downspin:

Spurminator
07-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Boy that sure was scary for white people for a little while, wasn't it? Damn, what a relief.

TeyshaBlue
07-21-2010, 01:48 PM
I really think it's mainly MSNBC and Rick (from CNN) that are the problem. They act like the Democrats behave in common sense ways and the GOP are just a thorn in their side so they can say whatever they want to discredit them. It's not right, and luckily I don't think enough people watch them to make a difference on the voting population.

I wonder what happens to Breitbart now. :downspin:

I dunno about Breitbart. They've been a joke for awhile. I just don't see how they maintain any relevance. Maybe they won't, now.

beachwood
07-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Breitbart, Drudge and Fox News are trying to start a race war.

CosmicCowboy
07-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Nothing will happen to Breitbart. Hell, the White house fired her...they didn't. He didn't alter the tape, he just played part of it out of context. Thats no different than what happened to Rand Paul a few weeks ago...the media kept playing a snippet of the interview out of context with the rest of the discussion.

boutons_deux
07-21-2010, 02:05 PM
"Rand Paul"

you mean when he was quoted in context and in full and live on-air about supporting segregation in private establishments?

Wild Cobra
07-21-2010, 02:13 PM

Jack...

I did see it as her revelation a revelation she had, that changed her.

Wild Cobra
07-21-2010, 02:15 PM

Yes, the room was full of racists, but she was better than them.

Wild Cobra
07-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Breitbart, Drudge and Fox News are trying to start a race war.
Bullshit.

At best, what they did was show what the left does on a regular basis. The race war is a never ending jihad of the left.

Wild Cobra
07-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Nothing will happen to Breitbart. Hell, the White house fired her...they didn't. He didn't alter the tape, he just played part of it out of context. Thats no different than what happened to Rand Paul a few weeks ago...the media kept playing a snippet of the interview out of context with the rest of the discussion.
Look how the leftist media edited some Palin interviews.

this is the normal MO of the media. Nothing new, except, it happened to a lefty rather than a righty.

boutons_deux
07-21-2010, 02:20 PM
"leftist media edited some Palin interviews."

pitbull bitch screwed herself up in live, national interviews, no need to edit anything, and which mama grizzly videos were edited, not that I expect you to back yourself up.

jack sommerset
07-21-2010, 02:31 PM
LOL@Obama afraid of Beck

CosmicCowboy
07-21-2010, 02:38 PM
"Rand Paul"

you mean when he was quoted in context and in full and live on-air about supporting segregation in private establishments?

The conversation was in the context of government interference in private businesses.

Maddow asked him, "Do you think that a private business has the right to say 'we don't serve black people'?"

"I'm not in favor of any discrimination of any form," he responded. "I would never belong to any club that excluded anybody for race. We still do have private clubs in America that can discriminate based on race. But I think what's important about this debate is not written into any specific 'gotcha' on this, but asking the question: What about freedom of speech? Should we limit speech from people we find abhorrent? Should we limit racists from speaking? . . . I don't want to be associated with those people, but I also don't want to limit their speech in any way in the sense that we tolerate boorish and uncivilized behavior because that's one of the things freedom requires."

How this "gotcha" question and his honest philosophical answer got twisted into "Rand Paul is a racist and supports segregation" was just amazing.

Galileo
07-21-2010, 02:39 PM

a8SPPl-N39E

One thing is clear by this incident, the Obama administration is scared shit-less of the wing-nut noise machine and the M$M proves once again how lazy and incompetent it really is....

MSNBC’s Fake Transcript of the Rand Paul Interview

Rachel Maddow is a lying weasel. She and her network issued a FAKE TRANSCRIPT of the Rand Paul interview, which was then repeated by all the other lying weasels in the “mainstream” media, and they refuse to apologize for their lies.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/58246.html

Winehole23
07-21-2010, 02:45 PM
I dunno about Breitbart. They've been a joke for awhile. I just don't see how they maintain any relevance. Maybe they won't, now.

What is most fascinating about that second day, however, was the conservative reaction to the collapse. At midday on the 20th, Rush Limbaugh was still praising Breitbart: "I know that Andrew Breitbart's done great work getting this video of Ms. Sherrod at the U.S. Department of Agriculture and her supposed racism and so forth saying she's not gonna help a white farmer."

By the evening of the 20th, however, conservatives were backing away, acknowledging that an innocent women had been defamed.

Here's Glenn Beck (http://hotair.com/archives/2010/07/20/naacp-and-glenn-beck-agree-people-rushed-to-judgment-on-sherrod/). Here's Rich Lowry (http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ODQyN2I2ODRjMDA4YWY5MDlkMWY4ODk5ZDQyZmQ3MWY=), editor of National Review.

Here's Instapundit (http://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/103323/%20%3Chttp://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/103323/).

Here's the popular Anchoress blog (http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/theanchoress/2010/07/20/sherrod-blames-naacp-for-resignation/) at First Things.

Even the racially incendiary Eric Erickson tweeted his disquiet, and then posted this on his RedState website (http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/07/20/collecting-scalps-at-what-cost/).

But you’ll never guess who emerged as the villains of the story in this second-day conservative react. Not Andrew Breitbart, the distributor of a falsified tape. No, the villains were President Obama and the NAACP for believing Breitbart's falsehood.

Breitbart went almost universally unmentioned. Erickson even justified Breitbart's falsehood as a tragic but necessary and justifiable measure of conservative self-defense:

This is what we have become in politics because of the unrepentant race-baiting on the Left. It has become a tit for tat war of retribution. ... That war has casualties on both sides. Ms. Sherrod is the latest. It is not fair. But that’s how the Left plays and the Right must fight on offense or not fight at all. It disgusts me to have to say it, but that is so very sadly where we are."

Breitbart himself had this to say (http://biggovernment.com/abreitbart/2010/07/20/journolist-yes-but-the-reporters-at-pravda-werent-such-insufferable-assholes/) about those who would manipulate the public record for ideological purposes:

Journalists love whistle-blowers. Just not when the whistle is blown on them. Journalists love transparency. As long as they’re not the ones being exposed. No steadfast journalism rule is unbendable when it comes to justifying and protecting the racket that is modern journalism, specifically, political journalism in the United States today. The ends justify the means .... They lie when they claim to be objective. They lie when they claim to be unbiased, because these so called "truth seekers" are guilty of engaging in open political warfare. And when the whistle is blown, they simply double down.

But that of course was not a confession or apology. Breitbart continues to defend his own "ends justify the means" bending of the truth, as you can see here in this July 20 interview (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/andrew-breitbart-to-cnns-john-king-i-did-not-fire-shirley-sherrod/) with CNN’s John King.

No, Breitbart’s indignant words on the 20th were aimed at another snippets-out-of-context scandal for the Right: the Daily Caller’s publication of quotations from the JournoList archive in which liberal activists and bloggers jeered George Stephanopoulos for asking Barack Obama about Jeremiah Wright.

Speaking on a liberal list serve, journalists had wondered how the Wright story could be stifled. One obnoxious young participant had even suggested that the story could be killed by hurling accusations of racism at conservative figures like Fred Barnes and Karl Rove. Conservatives exploded: The media were colluding to quash bad news about their beloved Obama! Only of course the Wright story was not quashed — unlike the story of Breitbart's role in Sherrod's firing, which has been, at least among conservatives.

On the phone on the evening of July 20, a friend asked me: "Can Breitbart possibly survive?" I could only laugh incredulously. I answered: "Of course he'll survive, and undamaged. The incident won't matter at all." http://theweek.com/bullpen/column/205190/shirley-sherrod-and-the-shame-of-conservative-media

Winehole23
07-21-2010, 02:47 PM
What were the consequences to Breitbart for promulgating a straight-up film hoax re: ACORN?

DMX7
07-21-2010, 02:49 PM

but, but, but she never did anything racist... she helped the white farmer and the white farmer said she wasn't racist. PWNED AGAIN, bitch.

Winehole23
07-21-2010, 02:49 PM
I agree with Frum. Not only will Breitbart survive this, he probably won't even get dinged.

CosmicCowboy
07-21-2010, 02:51 PM
What were the consequences to Breitbart for promulgating a straight-up film hoax re: ACORN?

straight up film hoax?

Those poor ACORN people! :lmao

TeyshaBlue
07-21-2010, 02:53 PM

The hoax revelation was far removed from the actual ACORN incident. In this most recent case, it was virtually instantaneous.

However, you're probably right.:depressed

jack sommerset
07-21-2010, 02:56 PM
but, but, but she never did anything racist... she helped the white farmer and the white farmer said she wasn't racist. PWNED AGAIN, bitch.

LOL....She said she was a racist. You fags can't get past that one fact. She admits she was racist. Is she a racist today? Maybe Barry knows more than we do but we all know she was a racist, her words.

Winehole23
07-21-2010, 02:58 PM
straight up film hoax?

Those poor ACORN people! :lmaoTheir gullibility was truly pathetic, but do you really deny that there was selective editing at work?

Wild Cobra
07-21-2010, 03:06 PM
The conversation was in the context of government interference in private businesses.

How this "gotcha" question and his honest philosophical answer got twisted into "Rand Paul is a racist and supports segregation" was just amazing.

Yes, the video is telling. He was misquoted.

Will there ever be an apology? I really doubt it. The left cannot admit to making a mistake except against their own.

6VGdP2mNPeo

Above video with time index at 8 min 1 sec (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VGdP2mNPeo#t=8m1s).

Winehole23
07-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Breitbart's failure to detect the hoax in L'Affaire ACORN or the selective editing here, does not seem to have impaired the credibility of his outlet.

Quite the reverse: it recommends him to a party faithful that pretends it is just now being degraded by the kulturkampf it enthusiastically embraced thirty years ago and fights to this day. The big difference now is that the outlets more or wear their party affiliation on their sleeves, whereas once upon a time they took pains to decently hide it.

Winehole23
07-21-2010, 03:11 PM
The tabloidization of the press continues apace.

spursncowboys
07-21-2010, 03:15 PM
DId I miss something about the acorn story?

Wild Cobra
07-21-2010, 03:17 PM
DId I miss something about the acorn story?
LOL...

they are claiming that there is no ACORN problems because any editing of that tape means the whole thing is fake.

At least that seems to be their point.

Winehole23
07-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Reliable blue brands complain about reliable red brands, and vice versa.

beachwood
07-21-2010, 03:20 PM
Bullshit.

At best, what they did was show what the left does on a regular basis. The race war is a never ending jihad of the left.

Stop saying "the left" and name specific entities to back up your claims. Breitbart posted edited footage to make someone look bad.

Give us name specific entities that are putting out false stories or editied "footage" to manipulate a story line. Your generalizations are making your arguments look weak.

jack sommerset
07-21-2010, 03:23 PM
LOL@ stop saying the left.

Back up your claim that Briebart edited the footage.

Winehole23
07-21-2010, 03:24 PM
they are claiming that there is no ACORN problems because any editing of that tape means the whole thing is fake.Not exactly. You are aware Breitbart backed away from it, aren't you?

At least that seems to be their point.Hey, classic use of "seems" to fudge yr point. (I do it some, too.) :tu

fraga
07-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Well Rand Pauls problem is that he's contradicting himself on his own view...he's against discrimination...but he thinks if your a business owner...you should have the right to refuse service based on their own bias' or opinion(the business owner)...so he likes the Civil Rights Act because he doesn't endorse racism...BUT...he's all for businesses deciding on whether they want to allow people Civil Rights...so I'm still confused on his own views...

Winehole23
07-21-2010, 03:27 PM

Back up your claim that Briebart edited the footage.False gotcha; please reread.

beechwood-aged only claims that Breitbart posted edited clips. Not that it did the editing.

beachwood
07-21-2010, 03:29 PM

Back up your claim that Briebart edited the footage.

I never said Breitbart edited the footage. I said they posted it.

CosmicCowboy
07-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Stop saying "the left" and name specific entities to back up your claims. Breitbart posted edited footage to make someone look bad.

Give us name specific entities that are putting out false stories or editied "footage" to manipulate a story line. Your generalizations are making your arguments look weak.

You are abusing the term "edited footage". The clip BB played was not edited. By definition, edit implies that the tape was altered. The tape BB played initially was a section of a larger tape that was taken out of context, but he did not alter the tape. Ms. Sherrod said exactly what was on the tape.

jack sommerset
07-21-2010, 03:30 PM
You are abusing the term "edited footage". The clip BB played was not edited. By definition, edit implies that the tape was altered. The tape BB played initially was a section of a larger tape that was taken out of context, but he did not alter the tape.

this

spursncowboys
07-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Not exactly. You are aware Breitbart backed away from it, aren't you?

he backed away from it? what are alleging is wrong with the tapes?

CosmicCowboy
07-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Well Rand Pauls problem is that he's contradicting himself on his own view...he's against discrimination...but he thinks if your a business owner...you should have the right to refuse service based on their own bias' or opinion(the business owner)...so he likes the Civil Rights Act because he doesn't endorse racism...BUT...he's all for businesses deciding on whether they want to allow people Civil Rights...so I'm still confused on his own views...

Trying to be a libertarian in modern society CAN get confusing. It basically comes down to "I may not agree with you and in fact may find you reprehensible but I support your right to think differently than I do".

Winehole23
07-21-2010, 03:36 PM
http://www.matthiaskandel.de/blog/wp-content/itchy.jpg

beachwood
07-21-2010, 03:48 PM
You are abusing the term "edited footage". The clip BB played was not edited. By definition, edit implies that the tape was altered. The tape BB played initially was a section of a larger tape that was taken out of context, but he did not alter the tape. Ms. Sherrod said exactly what was on the tape.

"Breitbart had said that he had posted the full version he was given, and did not immediately respond to a request for comment after Sherrod's full speech surfaced.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0710/40003.html#ixzz0uLqgaOVL

The speech Breitbart played was not in it's entirety; meaning it was edited. If I post online a scene from a movie and not the entire movie, that is edited footage. You're taking a larger whole and showing a specific section. You have to physically edit footage to do that.

And again, I never said Breitbart manipulated, edited or altered the footage in any way. but he did play footage that was edited in a way to manipulate its content.

George Gervin's Afro
07-21-2010, 03:50 PM
LOL@Obama afraid of Beck

I'm afraid of your ignorance

DarrinS
07-21-2010, 03:51 PM
After watching the entire unedited video, I think Sherrod should get her job back and she also deserves a public apology. Also, Fox should come clean and make a public admission that the video is misleading.

As far as Rachel Maddow goes, she shouldn't too smug, since her own network produced this video hack job (the guy carrying the gun is black).

UYKQJ4-N7LI

spursncowboys
07-21-2010, 03:55 PM
After watching the entire unedited video, I think Sherrod should get her job back and she also deserves a public apology. Also, Fox should come clean and make a public admission that the video is misleading.

As far as Rachel Maddow goes, she shouldn't too smug, since her own network produced this video hack job (the guy carrying the gun is black).

UYKQJ4-N7LI
foxnews broke the story that it was done out of context.

DarrinS
07-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Evidently, other conservatives share my opinion

I think she should get her job back. I think she's owed apologies from pretty much everyone, including my good friend Andrew Breitbart. I generally think Andrew is on the side of the angels and a great champion of the cause. He says he received the video in its edited form and I believe him. But the relevant question is, Would he have done the same thing over again if he had seen the full video from the outset? I'd like to think he wouldn't have. Because to knowingly turn this woman into a racist in order to fight fire with fire with the NAACP is unacceptable. When it seemed that Sherrod was a racist who abused her power, exposing her and the NAACP's hypocrisy was perfectly fair game. But now that we have the benefit of knowing the facts, the equation is completely different.

In one of the recent Journolist belches we saw how creatures like Spencer Ackerman see nothing wrong with randomly charging innocent conservatives with racism in order to send a message. This is a deplorable tactic conservatives regularly and rightly deplore when used by liberals (we usually have less proof than we have in Ackerman's confession). I see no reason to emulate this tactic and I very much doubt that was Andrew's intent. Some emailers on the other hand seem to come close to making the case for this kind of thing. As I've argued countless times before, this sort of politics is almost always counter-productive and quite often grotesque. Embracing the tactics you condemn in others requires, at minimum, that you stop condemning it in others. It also has the potential to sell your soul on layaway.

Meanwhile, as a matter of politics, I think this episode demonstrates that this White House is a much more tightly wound outfit than it lets on in public. The rapid-response firing suggests a level of fear over Glenn Beck and Fox that speaks volumes

CosmicCowboy
07-21-2010, 03:56 PM
"Breitbart had said that he had posted the full version he was given, and did not immediately respond to a request for comment after Sherrod's full speech surfaced.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0710/40003.html#ixzz0uLqgaOVL

The speech Breitbart played was not in it's entirety; meaning it was edited. If I post online a scene from a movie and not the entire movie, that is edited footage. You're taking a larger whole and showing a specific section. You have to physically edit footage to do that.

And again, I never said Breitbart manipulated, edited or altered the footage in any way. but he did play footage that was edited in a way to manipulate its content.

Dude, by definition edited means altered as in cut, pasted, changed. I will give you that he posted a SECTION of UNEDITED tape that was taken out of context from the total speech but the clip was not edited.

That is done EVERY DAY on EVERY NEWS SHOW. When you see the President speaking on the news for 30 seconds that doesn't mean the speech was 30 seconds long...it might have been an UNEDITED CLIP from a 20 minute speech.

spursncowboys
07-21-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm afraid of your ignorance
they fired her because she ws going to be on glenn beck.
when she was on beck it was beck defending her.

Winehole23
07-21-2010, 03:57 PM
DId I miss something about the acorn story?You gotta be kidding.

beachwood
07-21-2010, 03:59 PM
Dude, by definition edited means altered as in cut, pasted, changed. I will give you that he posted a SECTION of UNEDITED tape that was taken out of context from the total speech but the clip was not edited.

That is done EVERY DAY on EVERY NEWS SHOW. When you see the President speaking on the news for 30 seconds that doesn't mean the speech was 30 seconds long...it might have been an UNEDITED CLIP from a 20 minute speech.

No, what you're seeing is an edited 30 second clip from a larger 20 minute speech.

Winehole23
07-21-2010, 04:01 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/21/opinion/21pubed.html?_r=1&ref=opinion

DarrinS
07-21-2010, 04:06 PM

Sherrod deserves an apology, but fuck Acorn.

Winehole23
07-21-2010, 04:08 PM

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-beat/No-Wrongdoing-in-ACORN-Prostitute-Scandal-85864572.html

Winehole23
07-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Sherrod deserves an apology, but fuck Acorn.Yes, but what about the truth? Doesn't it deserve a worthless apology too?

Winehole23
07-21-2010, 04:10 PM
(Remember, the topic is selective editing.)

DarrinS
07-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Yes, but what about the truth? Doesn't it deserve a worthless apology too?

Ok, the dude never wore the actual pimp outfit into the Acorn office. BFD. Those employees knew what he was talking about.

Winehole23
07-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Two ACORN offices called the cops, but that didn't get much play in the media, did it?

Winehole23
07-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Did O'Keefe release that footage with the rest of it, or did he hold it back?

spursncowboys
07-21-2010, 04:13 PM
wh: what does that prove? that he didn't dress up like a pimp? :lol
Are you in the chump camp that since no prostitutes were harmed in the taping, acorn are not criminals.

spursncowboys
07-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Two ACORN offices called the cops, but that didn't get much play in the media, did it?
did they give a "pimp" advice on how to break the law?

spursncowboys
07-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Yes, but what about the truth? Doesn't it deserve a worthless apology too?
the media didn't even play the acorn story in the beg.

Winehole23
07-21-2010, 04:16 PM
BTW, are any charges still pending against ACORN wrt what was revealed in Mr. Keefe's expose'?

Winehole23
07-21-2010, 04:22 PM
wh: what does that prove? that he didn't dress up like a pimp? :lolThat was a big part of the narrative. Turns out, selective editing only made it appear so. Your apparent ignorance of this error of reportage -- to say nothing of the very apparent manipulation of the record -- strongly suggests you haven't kept up with the story. (Then again, Keefe did take in Breitbart, Fox, the NYT and everybody else, so perhaps I can cut you a little slack for putting your foot in it too. :p:)

Are you in the chump camp that since no prostitutes were harmed in the taping, acorn are not criminals.Pitiful dumbasses, yes.

Criminals? Probably not. Is there a true bill (http://www.legal-explanations.com/definitions/true-bill.htm) against ACORN anywhere that bespeaks the opposite?

jack sommerset
07-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Thank God! The White House offered her job back. The decided she is no longer a racist and they jumped the gun on firing her.

jack sommerset
07-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Why did the NAACP support her firing if they had the entire tape?

spursncowboys
07-21-2010, 04:32 PM
That was a big part of the narrative. Turns out, selective editing only made it appear so. Your apparent ignorance of this error of reportage -- to say nothing of the very apparent manipulation of the record -- strongly suggests you haven't kept up with the story. (Then again, Keefe did take in Breitbart, Fox, the NYT and everybody else, so perhaps I can cut you a little slack for putting your foot in it too. :p:)

Pitiful dumbasses, yes.

Criminals? Probably not. Is there a true bill (http://www.legal-explanations.com/definitions/true-bill.htm) against ACORN anywhere that bespeaks the opposite?
I didn't keep up with the story. Past three months I have been working like someone in the private sector. ALOT. Plus I just got the update (thanks btw) and find that I missed barely anything. Irregardless (hopefully webster uses my new fav word) of the clothing, the acorn people helped to establish a criminal enterprise, which is a federal offense (RICO).

spursncowboys
07-21-2010, 04:33 PM
BTW, are any charges still pending against ACORN wrt what was revealed in Mr. Keefe's expose'?
Who's the AG?

spursncowboys
07-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Even the New Black Panthers think that was funny.

EmptyMan
07-21-2010, 06:18 PM
lol left crying like bitches when they all love playing in the fire too

CosmicCowboy
07-21-2010, 06:23 PM
The funny thing is, whether BB was right or wrong the White House comes out of this looking absolutely, totally, fucking incompetent. Even the major Washington/New York media outlets are smacking on the White House.

Wild Cobra
07-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Trying to be a libertarian in modern society CAN get confusing. It basically comes down to "I may not agree with you and in fact may find you reprehensible but I support your right to think differently than I do".
That's too confusing for liberals. they think everyone should think like them. they don't understand true tolerance.

Wild Cobra
07-21-2010, 06:26 PM
Sherrod deserves an apology, but fuck Acorn.
Agreed.

Wild Cobra
07-21-2010, 06:28 PM
The funny thing is, whether BB was right or wrong the White House comes out of this looking absolutely, totally, fucking incompetent. Even the major Washington/New York media outlets are smacking on the White House.

So does the NAACP. They cry racist, then over react, then see first hand what their careless accusations of others do. They don't give a damn when it happens to us whites, when they propagate it. Now that it happened completely withing their turf...

Hope it was a big wake-up call to those racists.

DarrinS
07-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Assclown, Paul Krugman, weighs in:

So I don’t know if readers have been following the Shirley Sherrod affair. It goes like this: Ms. Sherrod was an Agriculture Department official; a right-wing blogger released clips of a video that purportedly showed her making racist remarks; the clips were featured big on Fox News; and the Obama administration promptly fired her.

But whaddya know, the scandal was fake. The clips were taken completely out of context. It was basically as if I said, “Some people say that violence is always the answer; they’re wrong”, Fox ran with the story “Krugman says violence is always the answer”, and the Times fired me.

What’s shocking here isn’t the behavior of the right, which was par for the course. It’s the seemingly limitless credulity of the inside-the-Beltway crowd. I mean, there’s a history here: ACORN, Climategate, Vince Foster, Whitewater, and much much more. (Someone recently reminded me that the GOP held two weeks of hearing on the Clinton Christmas card list.) When the right-wing noise machine starts promoting another alleged scandal, you shouldn’t suspect that it’s fake — you should presume that it’s fake, until further evidence becomes available.

So now Tom Vilsack, the Agriculture secretary, says that he may “reconsider”. I’d lay even odds that the Sherrod firing stands, even though it was totally unjust, because people in DC are so accustomed to cringing in the face of the right that they just don’t know how to stop.

I like how he threw Climategate into the mix. As if, somehow, the years and years of bullshit emails, hiding data, screwing with the peer-review process, avoiding freedom of information requests, etc. etc. were taken out of context.

Yes, this Paul Krugman.

3EPd2i4Jshs

George Gervin's Afro
07-21-2010, 08:08 PM

what's funny about this?

ChumpDumper
07-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Why are white people so afraid of black people?

PublicOption
07-21-2010, 11:18 PM
If fuckheads don't realize foxnews is bullshit.....they should realize it now.

SnakeBoy
07-21-2010, 11:22 PM

Are you white?

Capt Bringdown
07-21-2010, 11:49 PM

It's impossible to separate race/class when talking about America, but the connection is verboten in our national discourse. Worker solidarity is the enemy for the powers that be.

Race-baiting serves to keep us divided and distracted.

Nbadan
07-22-2010, 12:34 AM
Sherrod: I'm a Victim of Breitbart, Fox 'Racism'

She also said Fox News never checked the facts with her before posting a story and the video clip.

"Not before they reported it," she said of Fox's negligence. "They have called me today and initially I had said yes (to an interview), but I thought about it and I did not think they intended to be fair in their reporting. They are going to say what they want to say regardless of what I say."

"They intended exactly what they did. They were looking for the result they got yesterday," she said of Fox. "I am just a pawn. I was just here. They are after a bigger thing, they would love to take us back to where we were many years ago. Back to where black people were looking down, not looking white folks in the face, not being able to compete for a job out there and not be a whole person."

Sherrod said she is considering legal action, perhaps against Breitbart, Fox or the federal government:

Media Matters (http://mediamatters.org/strupp/201007210037)

:lol at wing-nuts supporting FAUX News for not checking facts before running a story from a source with a very dubious history....lol at Breitbart for going down in flames...he has put himself into the same not to be listened to loony group of Ann Coulter and Glenn Beckkk

Nbadan
07-22-2010, 01:34 AM
Today, Mr. Breitbart could have just apologized, said he was wrong, but he didn't. Bullies never do. Nor do ideologues in our divided country. Instead, he now claims this was never about Ms. Sherrod; it was about the NAACP and what he says is their racism based on the audience's reaction to her speech. ..

z8M31dHZ9zo

DMX7
07-22-2010, 01:35 AM
Department of Agriculture has a history of getting sued in raced based cases. To levy claims of racism on it probably made them panic more than it would another department. Either way, she should get offered a new job there or at least the old one.

Winehole23
07-22-2010, 04:11 AM
Here is a short list of other recent ACORN threads in this forum. (There's one I missed. Not sure which one.)

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134685&highlight=acorn
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145265&highlight=acorn
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149250&highlight=acorn
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148449&highlight=acorn
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136826&highlight=acorn
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135476&highlight=acorn
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135164&highlight=acorn
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135170&highlight=acorn
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135125&highlight=acorn
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135007&highlight=acorn
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125470&highlight=acorn
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120133&highlight=acorn
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119990&highlight=acorn
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107472&highlight=acorn
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107472&highlight=acorn
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107393&highlight=acorn
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106575&highlight=acorn
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107191&highlight=acorn

Out of 223 hits, y'all.

jack sommerset
07-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Shirley Sherrod: Obama 'Is Not Someone Who Has Experienced What I Have Experienced Through Life'

http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2010/07/shirley-sherrod-obama-is-not-someone-who-has-experienced-what-i-have-experienced-through-life.html

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 10:42 AM
You guys realize that Sherrod has already sued the USDA under the Pigford class action suit (that was settled out of court) and is about to collect $13,000,000, right?

jack sommerset
07-22-2010, 10:44 AM
She said she has been fighting racism her whole life, including her own.

fraga
07-22-2010, 10:44 AM
You guys realize that Sherrod has already sued the USDA under the Pigford class action suit (that was settled out of court) and is about to collect $13,000,000, right?

In regards to her firing???

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 10:46 AM
In regards to her firing???

totally unrelated. In fact, her HIRING may have been related to the settlement.

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 10:50 AM
The Pigford suit was a HUGE boondoggle to right "past discriminations by the USDA" and has already paid out over a BILLION dollars in tax money. Shirley Sherrod was right there slopping at the trough.

clambake
07-22-2010, 10:52 AM
The Pigford suit was a HUGE boondoggle to right "past discriminations by the USDA" and has already paid out over a BILLION dollars in tax money. Shirley Sherrod was right there slopping at the trough.

you don't agree to settle for 1 billion if what you did was right.

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 10:55 AM
you don't agree to settle for 1 billion if what you did was right.

You can easily do it if you are the government and you are pandering to a constituent voting block and it's not your money. Did you just fall off a turnip truck?

clambake
07-22-2010, 10:59 AM
You can easily do it if you are the government and you are pandering to a constituent voting block and it's not your money. Did you just fall off a turnip truck?

this may be the most idiotic statement you ever made.

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 11:00 AM
this may be the most idiotic statement you ever made.

Keep the faith, turnip boy.

clambake
07-22-2010, 11:01 AM
keep meowing, dead cat.

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Shirley Sherrod's Disappearing Act: Not So Fast
By: TOM BLUMER
Special to The Examiner
07/20/10 1:52 PM EDT
My oh my, that happened quickly. Perhaps too quickly.

Until yesterday, Shirley Sherrod was Georgia Director of Rural Development for the USDA. Earlier in the day at Big Government, Andrew Breitbart put up a video that exposed Ms. Sherrod as someone all too willing to discriminate based on race.

Within hours of the video's release, USDA Director Tom Vilsack announced Sherrod's resignation, and in the process issued an exceptionally strong condemnation ("We are appalled by her actions ... Her actions were shameful ... she gave no indication she had attempted to right the wrong she had done to this man").

The NAACP, at whose Freedom Fund Banquet Sherrod spoke of her discriminatory posture, and at which the audience seemed to indicate approval of her outlook, followed a short time later, virtually echoing Vilsack.

So I guess we're supposed to forget about Shirley Sherrod from this point forward.

Not just yet. Luckily, she's not going away quietly, and is complaining about Fox News and the Tea Party causing her dismissal. Keep it up, ma’am, because you and the USDA both deserve further scrutiny.

Ms. Sherrod's previous background, the circumstances surrounding her hiring, and the USDA's agenda may all play a part in explaining her sudden departure from the agency. These matters have not received much scrutiny to this point.

An announcement of Ms. Sherrod's July 2009 appointment to her USDA position at ruraldevelopment.org gives off quite a few clues:

RDLN Graduate and Board Vice Chair Shirley Sherrod was appointed Georgia Director for Rural Development by Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack on July 25. Only days earlier, she learned that New Communities, a group she founded with her husband and other families (see below) has won a thirteen million dollar settlement in the minority farmers law suit Pigford vs Vilsack.

What?

The news that follows at the link, which appears to pre-date the announcement of Ms. Sherrod's appointment, provides further details:

Minority Farm Settlement

Justice Achieved - Congratulations to Shirley and Charles Sherrod!

We have wonderful news regarding the case of New Communities, Inc., the land trust that Shirley and Charles Sherrod established, with other black farm families in the 1960's. At the time, with holdings of almost 6,000 acres, this was the largest tract of black-owned land in the country.

... Over the years, USDA refused to provide loans for farming or irrigation and would not allow New Communities to restructure its loans. Gradually, the group had to fight just to hold on to the land and finally had to wind down operations.

... The cash (settlement) award acknowledges racial discrimination on the part of the U.S. Department of Agriculture for the years 1981-85. ... New Communities is due to receive approximately $13 million ($8,247,560 for loss of land and $4,241,602 for loss of income; plus $150,000 each to Shirley and Charles for pain and suffering). There may also be an unspecified amount in forgiveness of debt. This is the largest award so far in the minority farmers law suit (Pigford vs Vilsack).

The Pigford matter goes back a long way, and to say the least has a checkered history, as this May 27, 2010 item at Agri-Pulse demonstrates (bolds are mine):

As part of a April 14, 1999 class action case settlement, commonly known as the Pigford case, U.S. taxpayers have already provided over $1 billion in cash, non-credit awards and debt relief to almost 16,000 black farmers who claimed that they were discriminated against by USDA officials as they “farmed or attempted to farm.” In addition, USDA’s Farm Service Agency spent over $166 million on salaries and expenses on this case from 1999-2009, according to agency records.

Members of Congress may approve another $1.15 billion this week to settle cases from what some estimate may be an additional 80,000 African-Americans who have also claimed to have been discriminated against by USDA staff.

... Settling this case is clearly a priority for the White House and USDA. Secretary Vilsack described the funding agreement reached between the Administration and advocates for black farmers early this year as “an important milestone in putting these discriminatory claims behind us for good and in achieving finality for this group of farmers with longstanding grievances."

However, confronted with the skyrocketing federal deficit, more officials are taking a critical look at the billion dollars spent thus far and wondering when these discrimination cases will ever end. Already, the number of people who have been paid and are still seeking payment will likely exceed the 26,785 black farmers who were considered to even be operating back in 1997, according to USDA. That’s the year the case initially began as Pigford v. (then Agriculture Secretary) Glickman and sources predicted that, at most, 3,000 might qualify.

At least one source who is extremely familiar with the issue and who asked to remain anonymous because of potential retribution, says there are a number of legitimate cases who have long been denied their payments and will benefit from the additional funding. But many more appear to have been solicited in an attempt to “game” the Pigford system.

Here are just a few questions about Ms. Sherrod that deserve answers:

Was Ms. Sherrod's USDA appointment an unspoken condition of her organization's settlement?
How much "debt forgiveness" is involved in USDA's settlement with New Communities?
Why were the Sherrods so deserving of a combined $300,000 in "pain and suffering" payments -- amounts that far exceed the average payout thus far to everyone else? ($1.15 billion divided by 16,000 is about $72,000)?
Given that New Communities wound down its operations so long ago (it appears that this occurred sometime during the late 1980s), what is really being done with that $13 million in settlement money?

Here are a few bigger-picture questions:

Did Shirley Sherrod resign so quickly because the circumstances of her hiring and the lawsuit settlement with her organization that preceded it might expose some unpleasant truths about her possible and possibly sanctioned conflicts of interest?
Is USDA worried about the exposure of possible waste, fraud, and abuse in its handling of Pigford?
Did USDA also dispatch Sherrod hastily because her continued presence, even for another day, might have gotten in the way of settling Pigford matters quickly?

The media and the blogosphere shouldn't be so quick to forget about Shirley Sherrod.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/Examiner-Opinion-Zone/Shirley-Sherrods-Disappearing-Act-Not-So-Fast-98846149.html#ixzz0uQZwmCaQ

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Shirley Sherrod's Disappearing Act: Not So Fast
By: TOM BLUMER
Special to The Examiner
07/20/10 1:52 PM EDT
My oh my, that happened quickly. Perhaps too quickly.

Until yesterday, Shirley Sherrod was Georgia Director of Rural Development for the USDA. Earlier in the day at Big Government, Andrew Breitbart put up a video that exposed Ms. Sherrod as someone all too willing to discriminate based on race.

Within hours of the video's release, USDA Director Tom Vilsack announced Sherrod's resignation, and in the process issued an exceptionally strong condemnation ("We are appalled by her actions ... Her actions were shameful ... she gave no indication she had attempted to right the wrong she had done to this man").

The NAACP, at whose Freedom Fund Banquet Sherrod spoke of her discriminatory posture, and at which the audience seemed to indicate approval of her outlook, followed a short time later, virtually echoing Vilsack.

So I guess we're supposed to forget about Shirley Sherrod from this point forward.

Not just yet. Luckily, she's not going away quietly, and is complaining about Fox News and the Tea Party causing her dismissal. Keep it up, ma’am, because you and the USDA both deserve further scrutiny.

Ms. Sherrod's previous background, the circumstances surrounding her hiring, and the USDA's agenda may all play a part in explaining her sudden departure from the agency. These matters have not received much scrutiny to this point.

An announcement of Ms. Sherrod's July 2009 appointment to her USDA position at ruraldevelopment.org gives off quite a few clues:

RDLN Graduate and Board Vice Chair Shirley Sherrod was appointed Georgia Director for Rural Development by Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack on July 25. Only days earlier, she learned that New Communities, a group she founded with her husband and other families (see below) has won a thirteen million dollar settlement in the minority farmers law suit Pigford vs Vilsack.

What?

The news that follows at the link, which appears to pre-date the announcement of Ms. Sherrod's appointment, provides further details:

Minority Farm Settlement

Justice Achieved - Congratulations to Shirley and Charles Sherrod!

We have wonderful news regarding the case of New Communities, Inc., the land trust that Shirley and Charles Sherrod established, with other black farm families in the 1960's. At the time, with holdings of almost 6,000 acres, this was the largest tract of black-owned land in the country.

... Over the years, USDA refused to provide loans for farming or irrigation and would not allow New Communities to restructure its loans. Gradually, the group had to fight just to hold on to the land and finally had to wind down operations.

... The cash (settlement) award acknowledges racial discrimination on the part of the U.S. Department of Agriculture for the years 1981-85. ... New Communities is due to receive approximately $13 million ($8,247,560 for loss of land and $4,241,602 for loss of income; plus $150,000 each to Shirley and Charles for pain and suffering). There may also be an unspecified amount in forgiveness of debt. This is the largest award so far in the minority farmers law suit (Pigford vs Vilsack).

The Pigford matter goes back a long way, and to say the least has a checkered history, as this May 27, 2010 item at Agri-Pulse demonstrates (bolds are mine):

As part of a April 14, 1999 class action case settlement, commonly known as the Pigford case, U.S. taxpayers have already provided over $1 billion in cash, non-credit awards and debt relief to almost 16,000 black farmers who claimed that they were discriminated against by USDA officials as they “farmed or attempted to farm.” In addition, USDA’s Farm Service Agency spent over $166 million on salaries and expenses on this case from 1999-2009, according to agency records.

Members of Congress may approve another $1.15 billion this week to settle cases from what some estimate may be an additional 80,000 African-Americans who have also claimed to have been discriminated against by USDA staff.

... Settling this case is clearly a priority for the White House and USDA. Secretary Vilsack described the funding agreement reached between the Administration and advocates for black farmers early this year as “an important milestone in putting these discriminatory claims behind us for good and in achieving finality for this group of farmers with longstanding grievances."

However, confronted with the skyrocketing federal deficit, more officials are taking a critical look at the billion dollars spent thus far and wondering when these discrimination cases will ever end. Already, the number of people who have been paid and are still seeking payment will likely exceed the 26,785 black farmers who were considered to even be operating back in 1997, according to USDA. That’s the year the case initially began as Pigford v. (then Agriculture Secretary) Glickman and sources predicted that, at most, 3,000 might qualify.

At least one source who is extremely familiar with the issue and who asked to remain anonymous because of potential retribution, says there are a number of legitimate cases who have long been denied their payments and will benefit from the additional funding. But many more appear to have been solicited in an attempt to “game” the Pigford system.

Here are just a few questions about Ms. Sherrod that deserve answers:

Was Ms. Sherrod's USDA appointment an unspoken condition of her organization's settlement?
How much "debt forgiveness" is involved in USDA's settlement with New Communities?
Why were the Sherrods so deserving of a combined $300,000 in "pain and suffering" payments -- amounts that far exceed the average payout thus far to everyone else? ($1.15 billion divided by 16,000 is about $72,000)?
Given that New Communities wound down its operations so long ago (it appears that this occurred sometime during the late 1980s), what is really being done with that $13 million in settlement money?

Here are a few bigger-picture questions:

Did Shirley Sherrod resign so quickly because the circumstances of her hiring and the lawsuit settlement with her organization that preceded it might expose some unpleasant truths about her possible and possibly sanctioned conflicts of interest?
Is USDA worried about the exposure of possible waste, fraud, and abuse in its handling of Pigford?
Did USDA also dispatch Sherrod hastily because her continued presence, even for another day, might have gotten in the way of settling Pigford matters quickly?

The media and the blogosphere shouldn't be so quick to forget about Shirley Sherrod.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/Examiner-Opinion-Zone/Shirley-Sherrods-Disappearing-Act-Not-So-Fast-98846149.html#ixzz0uQZwmCaQ

clambake
07-22-2010, 11:09 AM
i'd bet there are some blistering depositions associated with this case.

thats when the meat hits the grill, cowboy.

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 11:16 AM
i'd bet there are some blistering depositions associated with this case.

thats when the meat hits the grill, cowboy.

That burning smell is taxpayers money, not meat hitting the grill.

clambake
07-22-2010, 11:19 AM
if you don't want to consider evidence gathered through depositions.......that led to the settlement......i understand.

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 11:25 AM
if you don't want to consider evidence gathered through depositions.......that led to the settlement......i understand.

And you read these depositions....where?

clambake
07-22-2010, 11:27 AM
And you read these depositions....where?

you think i need to read them to know they exist?

RandomGuy
07-22-2010, 11:34 AM
We weren't the suckers.

The Obama administration and the NAACP were indeed suckered.

The administration waaay jumped the gun, and was far to ready to cave into right-wing demands for her immediate resignation. They were wrong.

But, if you want to try and pretend that you or Jack or Yoni et al. didn't believe the story on its face, and would not have gleefully posted thread after thread concerning this, simply because you got your Outrage Marching Orders from Fox "news" telling you to be mad about it, please don't lie to me.

Maddow pointed out no few talking heads at Fox calling for the immediate firing of the woman.

You can't pretend that didn't happen, and that you didn't initially agree, or that you stood up and called for a bit more context.

The only thing that kept you from doing the same was the fact that the truth got out in fairly short order.

This is a perfect example of the Right Wing Outrage Machine and its unending quest, facts be damned, for some new bit of fresh meat for the faithful to show how stupid liberals are.

It is little better than the Left-Wing Race Outrage Machine in that regard.

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 11:34 AM
you think i need to read them to know they exist?

Pwnd

clambake
07-22-2010, 11:38 AM
you don't know much about civil cases.

Winehole23
07-22-2010, 11:42 AM
CC: did the USDA fuck the farmers or not? Just wondering.

clambake
07-22-2010, 11:47 AM

of course not. we just want the blacks to like us.

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 11:58 AM

Of course they fucked them. They were black. The government loaned them money to buy farms. Then they couldn't pay it back and wanted more money from the government. The government didn't give it to them. The farms were repossessed when they didn't pay for them. Clearly the USDA should have given them anything they wanted because they were black.

clambake
07-22-2010, 11:59 AM
:lol

Winehole23
07-22-2010, 12:00 PM
CC did sort of characterize Pigford as an electoral sop, didn't he?

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 12:02 PM
CC did sort of characterize Pigford as an electoral sop, didn't he?

Yeah I did. USDA folded like a cheap lawn chair and settled when they played the race card. Purely political.

Winehole23
07-22-2010, 12:07 PM
Of course they fucked them. They were black. The government loaned them money to buy farms. Then they couldn't pay it back and wanted more money from the government. The government didn't give it to them. The farms were repossessed when they didn't pay for them. Clearly the USDA should have given them anything they wanted because they were black.Perhaps there is some portion of the relevant record (with which you may already be familiar), that you would share; to give your point more factual amplitude, so to speak.

RandomGuy
07-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Of course they fucked them. They were black. The government loaned them money to buy farms. Then they couldn't pay it back and wanted more money from the government. The government didn't give it to them. The farms were repossessed when they didn't pay for them. Clearly the USDA should have given them anything they wanted because they were black.

Let me see if I get this straight.

Those farmers that participated in the loan program did so out of a sense of racial entitlement and were so incompetant/lazy/unlucky whatever, that they couldn't pay back the loan, then just wanted more money simply because they felt entitled to it?

No one that participated in the loan program did so because they simply wanted some assistance in starting a farm that they might not have gotten otherwise, so that they could, in essence, own their own business.

Riiiiight. Thanks for clearing that up.

I assume you have spoken to enough of them or read something somewhere that provides you with the insight to be able to make such a blanket statement?

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Perhaps there is some portion of the relevant record (with which you may already be familiar), that you would share; to give your point more factual amplitude, so to speak.

Well, in 1997 when Pigford was filed USDA records indicated that there were a total of 26,785 black farmers in the United States. TOTAL. The USDA decided to settle instead of fighting it. They politically could blame any discrimination on "previous administrations". To date there have been 16,000 claims settled at a cost of over ONE BILLION DOLLARS and as many as another 80,000 pending.

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 12:23 PM
Let me see if I get this straight.

Those farmers that participated in the loan program did so out of a sense of racial entitlement and were so incompetant/lazy/unlucky whatever, that they couldn't pay back the loan, then just wanted more money simply because they felt entitled to it?

No one that participated in the loan program did so because they simply wanted some assistance in starting a farm that they might not have gotten otherwise, so that they could, in essence, own their own business.

Riiiiight. Thanks for clearing that up.

I assume you have spoken to enough of them or read something somewhere that provides you with the insight to be able to make such a blanket statement?

Lets get this straight.

YOU CANNOT BUY LAND AT MARKET RATES AND PAY FOR IT BY FARMING/RANCHING.

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE.

I would already own Texas if you could.

You HAVE to have income from other sources.

clambake
07-22-2010, 12:24 PM
so now its about "blame", only.

no way there's been any discovery.

Winehole23
07-22-2010, 12:26 PM
The clear suggestion is that claimants outnumber the injured. Outrageous, if true.

DMX7
07-22-2010, 12:26 PM
As part of a April 14, 1999 class action case settlement, commonly known as the Pigford case, U.S. taxpayers have already provided over $1 billion in cash, non-credit awards and debt relief...

So a Republican Congress approved over $1 billion to settle a case to pander to black voters?

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 12:27 PM
so now its about "blame", only.

no way there's been any discovery.

Pretty much no. If they went "A" class it was pretty much a slam dunk 50K "the checks in the mail".

If they went "B" class it was pretty much a one day arbitration. USDA wanted to avoid any controversy and bent over backwards to be "fair"

Thus, Shirley Sherrod (who knew how to game the system) got her $13,000,000 settlement.

This story isn't over by a longshot.

clambake
07-22-2010, 12:28 PM
thats funny

Wild Cobra
07-22-2010, 12:35 PM
You sure about that?

I thought she gets $150,000.

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 12:37 PM
So a Republican Congress approved over $1 billion to settle a case to pander to black voters?

Yes, Clinton was President but it was a Republican Congress by a slim majority. It was 55/45 in the senate so they didn't have a super-majority like democrats have now.

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 12:38 PM
You sure about that?

Yes

DMX7
"This group, New Communities, later sued the USDA and was awarded a $13 million settlement, with Sherrod and her husband getting $300,000"

http://industry.bnet.com/food/10002799/how-the-shirley-sherrod-firing-rehiring-fiasco-is-the-latest-chapter-in-the-usdas-history-of-racial-missteps/

clambake
he thinks she gets 13 million. just her, and the settlement acknowledges racial discrimination.

but there's no evidence.

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 12:44 PM
"This group, New Communities, later sued the USDA and was awarded a $13 million settlement, with Sherrod and her husband getting $300,000"

http://industry.bnet.com/food/10002799/how-the-shirley-sherrod-firing-rehiring-fiasco-is-the-latest-chapter-in-the-usdas-history-of-racial-missteps/

You obviously have reading comprehension issues. The Sherrod's essentially WERE "New Communities"...a land trust they founded. The $300,000 individually was in addition to the settlement to their trust for "pain and suffering".

It is quite common to own property in a trust. In fact what I call "my" ranchito is actually in a land trust.

clambake
07-22-2010, 12:46 PM
with other black farmers.

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 12:50 PM
with other black farmers.

She and her husband were the PRINCIPALS of the trust. But you now agree that she CLEARLY got MILLIONS and not just $300,000, right?

clambake
07-22-2010, 12:53 PM
She and her husband were the PRINCIPALS of the trust. But you now agree that she CLEARLY got MILLIONS and not just $300,000, right?

she's gonna cut the rest of them out, huh?

nothing like new allegations to keep the show running!

and not one piece of evidence, to boot.

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 12:57 PM
she's gonna cut the rest of them out, huh?

nothing like new allegations to keep the show running!

and not one piece of evidence, to boot.

You are hilarious, dude. I clearly OWNED your stupid ass on the $300,000 claim and you just won't admit it.

clambake
07-22-2010, 01:00 PM
You are hilarious, dude. I clearly OWNED your stupid ass on the $300,000 claim and you just won't admit it.

you need to show me where i made a $300,000 claim before you can own me.

DMX7
07-22-2010, 01:04 PM

You said she is about to collect $13,000,000.

$13,000,000!!!

You need to show us something other than your assumption that proves she is collecting all $13,000,000 then.

Yes, Clinton was President but it was a Republican Congress by a slim majority. It was 55/45 in the senate so they didn't have a super-majority like democrats have now.

Democrats don't have a super-majority even if you count the independents.

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Let me spell it out for you.

The Sherrods borrowed the money from the USDA to buy the land.

The Sherrods then wanted to borrow more money from the USDA to pay them to operate the farm and make additional improvements, specifically irrigation. The USDA refused the additional loans.

They eventually quit paying the original loans and lost the property.

New Communities is due to receive approximately $13 million ($8,247,560 for loss of land and $4,241,602 for loss of income; plus $150,000 each to Shirley and Charles for pain and suffering). There may also be an unspecified amount in forgiveness of debt. This is the largest award so far in the minority farmers law suit (Pigford vs Vilsack).

clambake
07-22-2010, 01:10 PM
i knew you couldn't.

RandomGuy
07-22-2010, 01:11 PM
[there are no legitimate claims of racism in this instance, all the participants here did so out of a sense of "black entitlement".]

[pure farming/ranching in texas is unprofitable]

That really didn't answer my question, did it?

That's ok. I don't expect you to give me a straight, honest answer. That would lead to an uncomfortable admission of one sort or another.

I have no doubt that some tried to game the system. None.

On the other hand, though, I would not ascribe less than honest motives to someone without knowing more about it.

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 01:13 PM
You said she is about to collect $13,000,000.

$13,000,000!!!

You need to show us something other than your assumption that proves she is collecting all $13,000,000 then.

Democrats don't have a super-majority even if you count the independents.

Pardon me. Had before Brown got elected.

Winehole23
07-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Referring to the by now vanquished Democratic supermajority as if it were still in effect, exaggerates the danger it poses now. It still poses some danger though. Mr. Brown is not a solid red vote.

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 01:16 PM
You guys are hilarious.

Whether it's $300,000, $3,000,000 or $13,000,000 it's clearly good to be black in the USA.

George Gervin's Afro
07-22-2010, 01:18 PM
You guys are hilarious.

Whether it's $300,000, $3,000,000 or $13,000,000 it's clearly good to be black in the USA.

translation..PWNED

Wild Cobra
07-22-2010, 01:18 PM
You guys are hilarious.

It makes one wonder if there was resentment against her to use her speech as the reason to let her go...

RandomGuy
07-22-2010, 01:19 PM

Maybe a little too sensitive, although Vilsack clearly comes off as sincere and well-meaning.

But here’s where the story gets complicated. One of those aggrieved African American farmers is none other than Shirley Sherrod. In the 60’s, she started a farm group with several other farm families. This group, New Communities, later sued the USDA and was awarded a $13 million settlement, with Sherrod and her husband getting $300,000 for “pain and suffering.” And that money happened to be awarded, according to an account on Ruraldevelopment.org, just days before she got the USDA job in July 2009.

It’s unclear whether Vilsack knew about this when he decided to fire Sherrod. Did he watch the video and conclude that her beef with the USDA had hardened her into the sort of black person who discriminates against white people? If so, it’s understandable why Sherrod might not want her job back.

FoxNews.com and conservative blogs are trying to make hay of the fact that Sherrod got a huge settlement and nice government job around the same time. But such conspiratorial suggestions don’t make much sense.

What would the USDA be buying through awarding Sherrod a job, except maybe some appeasement of guilt? They’d already agreed to pay out $13 million and the larger $1 billion was in the works. And Sherrod wasn’t exactly given an elevated position in the department. Besides, if she was the sort of person to trade political favors, wouldn’t she be clamoring for that new job Vilsack is offering?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=57&pictureid=1298

George Gervin's Afro
07-22-2010, 01:21 PM
It makes one wonder if there was resentment against her to use her speech as the reason to let her go...

you're still trying to spin this..yesterday it was because she is too conservative:lmao

clambake
07-22-2010, 01:22 PM
You guys are hilarious.

"the settlement acknowledges racial discrimination".

with zero evidence. right cowboy?

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Actually she would probably MUCH rather take her millions and leave without further scrutiny.

ChumpDumper
07-22-2010, 01:28 PM
You guys are hilarious.

Whether it's $300,000, $3,000,000 or $13,000,000 it's clearly good to be black in the USA.They're out to get you!

beachwood
07-22-2010, 01:58 PM
You guys are hilarious.

It's about time.

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 02:02 PM
They're out to get you!

No paranoia here.

The funny thing is though...this thing just got too big.

The Sherrod deal with the $13,000,000 settlement is about to go under the microscope.

We will all get more answers in the next few days.

This has all the makings of a very juicy scandal at the Obama Whitehouse and the USDA.

We may actually get Chumps question answered...was there REALLY wholesale discrimination at USDA or is this just political posturing?

boutons_deux
07-22-2010, 02:07 PM
"good to be black in the USA."

check the unemployment rates for blacks, esp black young males, vs any other group.

Those black and other minorities are always victimizing/martyring white people.

Stirring up and surfacing racist sentiment during the election period is clearly a Repug/conservative/tea party/hate media strategy to beat that "nigga in the White House"

DarrinS
07-22-2010, 02:10 PM
check the unemployment rates for blacks, esp black young males, vs any other group.

It's because of racism.

DMX7
07-22-2010, 02:12 PM

They had no obligation to hire her in the first place. If there were so much resentment, why did they hire her?

clambake
07-22-2010, 02:18 PM
zero evidence

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Questions I want answers to:

"New Communities" was a real estate trust composed of The Sherrods, other family members, and "others".

Who were these "other" people? What are their resumes? Are they really farmers or activists like the Sherrod's were?

Did they REALLY pay $8,000,000 for the property back in the early 80's? How much was their money that they put down? How much were USDA loans?

$ 4,000,000 in "lost income?????" If they were making that kind of income on the property when they had it, why didn't they pay their loan off?

How exactly did they deserve $300,000 for "pain and suffering" above and beyond the 13 million?

Is the USDA worried about the exposure of possible waste, fraud, and abuse in its handling of Pigford? It certainly looks like they should be.

How much influence has the White House had in the USDA's response to Pigford?

This is gonna be fun.

ChumpDumper
07-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Questions I want answers toWhy is it so important to you?

clambake
07-22-2010, 02:25 PM
zero evidence

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Why is it so important to you?

Because I love watching you progressives shit yourselves.

clambake
07-22-2010, 02:27 PM
:lol now cowboy wants to see resumes of black people from the 60's.

ChumpDumper
07-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Because I love watching you progressives shit yourselves.Why would progressives shit themselves over this?

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 02:36 PM
You guys realize it's not just Fox news talking about this now, right? This Sherrod stuff has dominated the WH news conference 2 days in a row and barring some disaster it's just gonna get worse.

ChumpDumper
07-22-2010, 02:38 PM
You guys realize it's not just Fox news talking about this now, right?About Sherrod?

Really?

Other news outlets are talking about Sherrod?

Wow!

This Sherrod stuff has dominated the WH news conference 2 days in a row and barring some disaster it's just gonna get worse.Tell us what they said about the court settlement.

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 02:50 PM
About Sherrod?

Tell us what they said about the court settlement.

Nothing yet since the story is still breaking but this is gonna be hilarious.

White House/USDA fires her

White House/USDA goes "oops" and offer her new job with USDA.

President personally apologizes to her today.

Lets say that news breaks with documented proof that she ripped off the USDA.

Will they fire her AGAIN?

Sometimes life is funnier than fiction.

Winehole23
07-22-2010, 02:58 PM
When it seemed that Sherrod was a racist who abused her power, exposing her and the NAACP's hypocrisy was perfectly fair game. But now that we have the benefit of knowing the facts, the equation is completely different.Too bad Breitbart failed to do its due diligence on the facts, and again, *inadvertently* ran propaganda for a straight-up political hit. Oops.

Embracing the tactics you condemn in others requires, at minimum, that you stop condemning it in others. It also has the potential to sell your soul on layaway.Aimed squarely at you, Darrin.

Meanwhile, as a matter of politics, I think this episode demonstrates that this White House is a much more tightly wound outfit than it lets on in public. The rapid-response firing suggests a level of fear over Glenn Beck and Fox that speaks volumesQuick to emphasize the pathetic, just like you.

ChumpDumper
07-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Nothing yet since the story is still breaking but this is gonna be hilarious.

White House/USDA fires her

White House/USDA goes "oops" and offer her new job with USDA.

President personally apologizes to her today.

Lets say that news breaks with documented proof that she ripped off the USDA.

Will they fire her AGAIN?

Sometimes life is funnier than fiction.What is your proof she ripped off the USDA?

That there was a legal settlement of a case that has been a matter of public record for years if not decades?

clambake
07-22-2010, 02:59 PM
"fox news wants to see the resumes of black people from the 60's."

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 03:10 PM
What is your proof she ripped off the USDA?

That there was a legal settlement of a case that has been a matter of public record for years if not decades?

I am not YET saying she ripped off the USDA. I'm saying this case will finally get the attention it deserves and get exposed to full scrutiny. If it passes muster, fine. I will apologize. Until then you can kiss my ass.

DMX7
07-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Questions I want answers to:

I thought you already had all the answers. :lol

ChumpDumper
07-22-2010, 03:14 PM
I am not YET saying she ripped off the USDA. I'm saying this case will finally get the attention it deserves and get exposed to full scrutiny. If it passes muster, fine. I will apologize. Until then you can kiss my ass.So you are hoping she ripped off the USDA to support the meme that blacks are out to get us.

clambake
07-22-2010, 03:16 PM
I am not YET saying she ripped off the USDA.

you said there's no evidence.......so it has to be a ripoff, right cowboy?

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 03:31 PM
You guys are hilarious. This was a settlement that was negotiated behind closed doors at the USDA. I guess if it was a ripoff y'all don't want to know about it?

ChumpDumper
07-22-2010, 03:35 PM
You guys are hilarious. This was a settlement that was negotiated behind closed doors at the USDA.So it has to be a ripoff.
I guess if it was a ripoff y'all don't want to know about it? How would you prove it was a ripoff?

clambake
07-22-2010, 03:35 PM
You guys are hilarious. This was a settlement that was negotiated behind closed doors at the USDA. I guess if it was a ripoff y'all don't want to know about it?

you said there's no evidence.

you should have someone read the articles to you before you post them.

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 03:36 PM
So you are hoping she ripped off the USDA to support the meme that blacks are out to get us.

Yes, I'm hoping it's exposed that she ripped off the USDA and it's exposed that the order to settle came from the White House. Still time to fix it. She hasn't gotten the money yet.

clambake
07-22-2010, 03:37 PM
Yes, I'm hoping it's exposed that she ripped off the USDA and it's exposed that the order to settle came from the White House. Still time to fix it. She hasn't gotten the money yet.

this doesn't have a chance......since the blacks are out to get you.

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 03:38 PM
You guys blind faith in the honor and competence of government is a little unsettling.

ChumpDumper
07-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Yes, I'm hoping it's exposed that she ripped off the USDA and it's exposed that the order to settle came from the White House. Still time to fix it. She hasn't gotten the money yet.Why are you hoping it was a ripoff?

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 03:39 PM

This has nothing to do with paranoia about blacks.

CosmicCowboy
07-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Why are you hoping it was a ripoff?

Because I disagree with the political agenda of the current administration and welcome the exposure of same.

clambake
07-22-2010, 03:40 PM
what's a subpoena of discovery?

ChumpDumper
07-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Because I disagree with the political agenda of the current administration and welcome the exposure of same.Keep hope alive!

jack sommerset
07-22-2010, 03:45 PM

This has nothing to do with paranoia about blacks.

Chumper is afraid of black people so he thinks everyone else is.

ChumpDumper
07-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Chumper is afraid of black people so he thinks everyone else is.You certainly are. You just like to lie about it because you are a liar who lies.

clambake
07-22-2010, 03:46 PM
jackie will be wetting his pants when they show up to get him.

jack sommerset
07-22-2010, 03:50 PM
jackie will be wetting his pants when they show up to get him.

Zing, Zing, Zinggggggggggger!

DMX7
07-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Zing, Zing, Zinggggggggggger!

They're coming for you... They're going to getcha. They're going to getcha!

jack sommerset
07-22-2010, 04:13 PM
LOL...Barry fires the self proclaim former racist and look at you fags go! Chump says whites are afraid of blacks. DMX and the troll say the are coming for whites and/or just little old me.

clambake
07-22-2010, 04:19 PM
beware the night, jackie.

ChumpDumper
07-22-2010, 04:27 PM
LOL...Barry fires the self proclaim former racistDid Obama personally fire her?

and look at you fags go!Projection.

Chump says whites are afraid of blacks.Secret Muslims, Reverend Wright, ACORN, NAACP, NBBP, SNCC, Sherrod -- yep, you are definitely afraid of black people. Otherwise, why would you obsess so?

jack sommerset
07-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Secret Muslims, Reverend Wright, ACORN, NAACP, NBBP, SNCC, Sherrod -- yep, you are definitely afraid of black people. Otherwise, why would you obsess so?

Barry cans Sherrod and you come up with this gem. Be mad at Barry and not me.

ChumpDumper
07-22-2010, 04:44 PM
Barry cans Sherrod and you come up with this gem. Be mad at Barry and not me.Did Obama personally fire her?

Yes or no.

jack sommerset
07-22-2010, 05:02 PM
He had someone do it for him but he did give the self proclaim racist a call to apologize. Hopefully Barrys mistake does not cost the taxpayers much money in settlement.

ChumpDumper
07-22-2010, 05:05 PM
He had someone do it for himSo your claim is Obama gave an order to fire Sherrod.

Link.

jack sommerset
07-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Sherrods claim not mine. Look it up yourself.

ChumpDumper
07-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Sherrods claim not mine. Look it up yourself.Your lie, not Sherrod's.

Why do you lie so much?

jack sommerset
07-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Look it up. A guy with your resources can find it easy.