PDA

View Full Version : PAO Signs "Next Hakeem"

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-21-2010, 03:15 AM
http://www.superbasket.gr/tpllib/img.php?im=cat_139/127662.jpg&w=630&h=441

Panathinaikos has signed 17 year old Greek center Alfa Agkimpou Ntiallo Fasengas (Alfa Fasengas). Apparently he has never played basketball before age 16. He was found in Larissa (where Spanoulis comes from) one year ago by some scouts.

He had been last year in Gymnastikos youth team just training (same team that develop Spanoulis).

He has been tested by Greek junior national team and has been selected as part of Greece basketball program. Panathinaikos worked him out and signed him. Olympiacos also wanted him.

He was playing soccer and handball like Hakeem. Also like Hakeem he had never played basketball and was "found" in local area due to his size by scout.

He is 17 and has been measure by Greek junior basketball program as 6-11 height and 7-4 wingspan and is "still growing".

Panathinaikos managers said when tested his physical tools and abilities were "off charts". He is being called as possible "next big thing ".

fo'shizzle
07-21-2010, 03:17 AM
Sure son, sure...
I know someone who have never played basketball before. He must be the next Hakeem!

Ice009
07-21-2010, 03:21 AM
What age was Hakeem when he first played?

Ashy Larry
07-21-2010, 03:22 AM
I thought Brock Lesner was the next big thing .....

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-21-2010, 03:26 AM

17 I think. Greek system has experience with this. Ioannis Bourousis never played basketball until age 18. Now he is best center in Europe.

TheKingOfMIA6
07-21-2010, 03:33 AM
Bust

ChumpDumper
07-21-2010, 04:26 AM
Greek.

Lies.

Stringer_Bell
07-21-2010, 04:42 AM
He look very intelligent.

Kobayagi
07-21-2010, 05:12 AM
He sure does look Greek.

Texas_Ranger
07-21-2010, 05:47 AM
He's got a great name. ''Alfa'' That's nice.:blah

17 I think. Greek system has experience with this. Ioannis Bourousis never played basketball until age 18. Now he is best center in Europe.

:rolleyes

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-21-2010, 06:23 AM
Who is better? Maric? Batiste? Vazquez? Javtokas? I think not.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-21-2010, 06:25 AM
He sure does look Greek.

Why with the racist comments again?

TDMVPDPOY
07-21-2010, 06:29 AM

a system that identifies pussies and makes them into douchebags who cant play in the nba

alamo50
07-21-2010, 06:31 AM
Hello Hasheem!

Texas_Ranger
07-21-2010, 07:04 AM
Who is better? Maric? Batiste? Vazquez? Javtokas? I think not.

Sorry dude, but I just looked at his stats, and if that is the best bigmen in Europe then that's just pathetic.

And I don't judge players by stats, but his were nothing special.

If Bourusis is the best bigmen in Europe then Tyson Chandler is the best bigmen in the NBA.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-21-2010, 07:18 AM
Sorry dude, but I just looked at his stats, and if that is the best bigmen in Europe then that's just pathetic.

And I don't judge players by stats, but his were nothing special.

If Bourusis is the best bigmen in Europe then Tyson Chandler is the best bigmen in the NBA.

Idiot. Bourousis is better than almost every center in the NBA. And yes he is by far best center in Europe. Only one comparable is probably Batiste and he is getting old.

The Franchise
07-21-2010, 07:57 AM

You beat me to it. :lol

Texas_Ranger
07-21-2010, 08:34 AM
Idiot. Bourousis is better than almost every center in the NBA. And yes he is by far best center in Europe. Only one comparable is probably Batiste and he is getting old.

And you call me an idiot.:rolleyes

lefty
07-21-2010, 08:36 AM
Aww shit

KBP......................

You know who was supposed to be the next Hakeem?

Yinka Dare

Double-Up
07-21-2010, 08:58 AM

:lmao

hater
07-21-2010, 09:42 AM

I remember hearing Hakeem was a soccer player and never even heard of basketball. then at around 18 they threw him in the bball court and the rest is history

Mrlunt925
07-21-2010, 09:51 AM
17?? That dude looks at least 30.

alchemist
07-21-2010, 10:12 AM
Samaki Walker........Jr.?

IronMexican
07-21-2010, 11:11 AM
He's probably like those Chinese gymnastics girls.

lotr1trekkie
07-21-2010, 11:14 AM
Don't look like Zorba!

My Fault
07-21-2010, 11:26 AM
I'm still wondering when Splitter is going to the Raptors.

DaDakota
07-21-2010, 11:46 AM
So, what exactly about this guy says Hakeem?

DD

Texas_Ranger
07-21-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm still wondering when Splitter is going to the Raptors.

They'll try to trade him for Bonner....oh wait, we already did that.:(

benefactor
07-21-2010, 01:15 PM
You ever gonna apologize for lying to me?

TheKingOfMIA6
07-21-2010, 01:34 PM
Looks more like Michael Beasley

Sisk
07-21-2010, 01:34 PM

:lol

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-21-2010, 02:08 PM
So, what exactly about this guy says Hakeem?

DD

The comparison they are make is both never played basketball until late teens. Were soccer and handball players instead.

Similar size both of 6-11 with 7-4 wingspan.

Also PAO say he has tested highest of any player they ever workout in physical tools. Athletic ability is off charts.

Panathinaikos is the team that trained and developed Rony Seikally. This guys supposed has tested higher than him in big man tools.

Many of the most elite players in Europe can take years and years even almost a whole career just to make a club like PAO. They are already talking about him in the first team at age 17.

Not just this but putting other players on loan to make room for him.

Your precious little Wicky Wubio that your clutchfans site drools over (he is so overrated it is hilarious what a joke that clutchfans site is and Morey is retarded if he really thinks such things about Rubio as they say there)

he would have never in his life been able to make the active roster of Panathinaikos at 17. Anyone from Europe would laugh at that even being said.

Oh and I see all over clutchfans that Rubio is "best point guard in Europe" and "best player in Europe".

Wow, Rockets fans are the most retarded sports fans in this whole planet. There is not even one person I have ever talk to from Europe other than Spanish that even thinks he is a good player.

If your GM really believes such as the fans say in that site then you have THE dumbest GM in NBA history. If it is true I feel sorry for Yao. To be stuck with such a retard for a GM.

Obvious this guy is not next Hakeem. They just mean his story and attributes is similar. No one can be actual next Hakeem. Hakeem is best player I have ever see personally.

lefty
07-21-2010, 02:23 PM
The comparison they are make is both never played basketball until late teens. Were soccer and handball players instead.

Similar size both of 6-11 with 7-4 wingspan.

Also PAO say he has tested highest of any player they ever workout in physical tools. Athletic ability is off charts.

Panathinaikos is the team that trained and developed Rony Seikally. This guys supposed has tested higher than him in big man tools.

Many of the most elite players in Europe can take years and years even almost a whole career just to make a club like PAO. They are already talking about him in the first team at age 17.

Not just this but putting other players on loan to make room for him.

Your precious little Wicky Wubio that your clutchfans site drools over (he is so overrated it is hilarious what a joke that clutchfans site is and Morey is retarded if he really thinks such things about Rubio as they say there)

he would have never in his life been able to make the active roster of Panathinaikos at 17. Anyone from Europe would laugh at that even being said.

Oh and I see all over clutchfans that Rubio is "best point guard in Europe" and "best player in Europe".

Wow, Rockets fans are the most retarded sports fans in this whole planet. There is not even one person I have ever talk to from Europe other than Spanish that even thinks he is a good player.

If your GM really believes such as the fans say in that site then you have THE dumbest GM in NBA history. If it is true I feel sorry for Yao. To be stuck with such a retard for a GM.

Obvious this guy is not next Hakeem. They just mean his story and attributes is similar. No one can be actual next Hakeem. Hakeem is best player I have ever see personally.

Even though I didn't read that post, I have to say it's a pretty retarded one.

JoshO501
07-21-2010, 02:42 PM
This guy is probably 33 years old

lefty
07-21-2010, 02:48 PM
This guy is probably 33 years old
What does it have to do with him being retarded?

Unless you meant the basketball player

Spursfan092120
07-21-2010, 06:41 PM
lol bitching about someone calling someone the next Drazen Petrovic and then having the balls to call a kid "the Next Hakeem." What a fucking idiot.

Texas_Ranger
07-21-2010, 06:57 PM
17?? That dude looks at least 30.

They gave him those pills that Spanoulis used. :blah

Texas_Ranger
07-21-2010, 07:00 PM

No way he's better than Bourusis!!! (the best bigmen in Europe) :wow:wow

SomeCallMeTim
07-21-2010, 11:39 PM
Why is it always comparisons to inner-circle HOFers and perennial All-Stars? How about a little truth in advertising? I'm waiting for someone to talk about how they signed "the next Matt Bullard."

admiralsnackbar
07-22-2010, 12:11 AM
If all you need to be the next Hakeem is "off the charts" athletic ability, similar hand size, and the fact that you played futbol until 17, then there have been countless Hakeems. What a shame none of them got to win championships.