PDA

View Full Version : 6th big ?

venitian navigator
07-21-2010, 01:16 PM
now that we (supposedly) solved our main problem at sf for the signing, next step will be to decide about the others at Sf/SG (keep or not both or only one of Gee, Hairston and eventually sign another sf) and to decide who will be our 6th bif man.

Considering the latter, candidates copuld be :

1) RICHARDS (in case he solves his contractual problems);
2) ???

who should we take : a veteran and a young player?

options for veterans : 1) Rasho (already knows the system);
2) Ratliff (see above) and obviously, if available at our price 3) Shaq

coyotes_geek
07-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Richards is definitely out. RC already said he's staying overseas "for a couple of years".

Shaq and Dampier are the top of the list. Then you get into the Rasho's and Ratliff's of the NBA.

BadOne
07-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Don't see many options. [Please people don't start talkin bout Shaq again]

From what I heard Buford say, Richards likely won't play here at all this year. Shame really, I wanted him to get to know the Spurs system in the D-League up here in Austin. Also, I don't know if Ratliff would want to come back to S.A. being that we traded him for nothing last year. Who knows. We'll just have to wait until training camp ends.

8FOR!3
07-21-2010, 01:19 PM
You don't need six bigs, you just need 5 bigs, 5 guards, and two small forwards.

hater
07-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Gist, James Gist

TimmehC
07-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Gist, James Gist

If he hadn't injured himself, he might actually have a chance. He was playing well in SL.

Kindergarten Cop
07-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Is it really a given that they will add a 6th big?

BadOne
07-21-2010, 01:22 PM
You don't need six bigs, you just need 5 bigs, 5 guards, and two small forwards.

Gist, James Gist

Oh yeah, I forgot about him. Perhaps if his wrist can heal, he can finally earn a roster spot in training camp. Did they ever get him comfortable playing the 4 and the 3? What position did he play in Italy and Russia?

coyotes_geek
07-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Is it really a given that they will add a 6th big?

No, but IMO they should. The Spurs primary obstacle to getting out of the western conference can put three 6'10"+ guys on their front line and routinely outrebounds the Spurs. Would be nice if the Spurs had another big body on the roster who you could ask to go push on Bynum or Gasol for a few minutes.

Texas_Ranger
07-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Bring Rasho back.

MR.SILVER&BLack
07-21-2010, 01:29 PM
dont really need a 6th big, but i wouldnt mind Dampier or bringing back Ratliff for some insurance. LOL shaq ain't coming.

tdunk21
07-21-2010, 01:33 PM
joe smith for vet min??

PDXSpursFan
07-21-2010, 01:53 PM
S&T Mason for Rasho

Texas_Ranger
07-21-2010, 01:57 PM
S&T Mason for Rasho

Why S&T? Rasho is a free agent. Give him the vet min and that's it.

RiverwalkParade
07-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Elson is out there too...At least he's been here before.

jermaine
07-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Elson is out there too...At least he's been here before.

I'd take Rosho but if we can't have him, I'd go with Damp or Rat!

ohmwrecker
07-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Gist, James Gist

No, Hell No

Drachen
07-21-2010, 02:14 PM
I would take Damp over all of those, Rasho second

Duncan2177
07-21-2010, 02:15 PM
Dampier or Shaq

DesignatedT
07-21-2010, 02:15 PM
there wont be a 6th big. not unless we needed it (someone goes down) if that's the case then we would worry about it when the time came.

07-21-2010, 02:19 PM
spurs don't really need a sixth big. there is hardly enough minutes to go around. there are 96 minutes available at the PF and C spots. duncan will take 30, splitter will get 20-25, bonner will get 15, blair will get 20-25, and mcdyess will get 15. this doesn't account for small ball either. last season, the spurs really only played duncan, bonner, blair, and mcdyess. this year, splitter will take a chunk of that and blair will probably get more minutes.

rvman21
07-21-2010, 02:43 PM
spurs don't really need a sixth big. there is hardly enough minutes to go around. there are 96 minutes available at the PF and C spots. duncan will take 30, splitter will get 20-25, bonner will get 15, blair will get 20-25, and mcdyess will get 15. this doesn't account for small ball either. last season, the spurs really only played duncan, bonner, blair, and mcdyess. this year, splitter will take a chunk of that and blair will probably get more minutes.

Ya but what if one gets hurt? all those minutes would go up and duncan and mcprincess can't play that much all year, they will occasionally sit out games etc.

ohmwrecker
07-21-2010, 02:45 PM
mcprincess?

DesignatedT
07-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Ya but what if one gets hurt? all those minutes would go up and duncan and mcprincess can't play that much all year, they will occasionally sit out games etc.

mcprincess? lol never heard that one before

coyotes_geek
07-21-2010, 02:51 PM

Not sure where you're headed with the "mcprincess" bit, but your point about finding another big is a good one. The notion that the Spurs are just so incredibly loaded that there's not even a point in trying to get better anymore is just foolish.

Bruno
07-21-2010, 03:27 PM
There is no way players like Shaq or Dampier accepts to sign as the 6th big. If Spurs sign a vet 6th big, it will be a marginal player. I'm not even sure a player like Rasho would agreed to be a 6th man.

Personally, I rather see Spurs signing a young player as 6th big and letting him work in Austin. Richards could have been that guy but his shoulder surgery rules him out.

Muser
07-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Spurs don't need another big, we have Duncan/Splitter/Dice/Blair/Bonner under contract there will be no minutes behind those.

ace3g
07-21-2010, 04:49 PM
I want a back up SF before a 6th big

coyotes_geek
07-21-2010, 04:56 PM
I want a back up SF before a 6th big

Agreed. That's the bigger need. But, there's room for both so one doesn't neccessarily have to happen before the other. Now that RJ's signed, for better or worse, I hope the Spurs are making a run at Dampier.

scottspurs
07-21-2010, 05:11 PM
I don't really see the spurs signing another big unless someone gets injured or a spot is cleared via trade. If they do it won't be Shaq or Erika. Small Forward is definitely the more pressing issue.

rascal
07-21-2010, 05:26 PM
Not sure where you're headed with the "mcprincess" bit, but your point about finding another big is a good one. The notion that the Spurs are just so incredibly loaded that there's not even a point in trying to get better anymore is just foolish.

Bonner doesn't play like a big. Dyess is over the hill and probably won't make it through the entire year.

coyotes_geek
07-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Bonner doesn't play like a big. Dyess is over the hill and probably won't make it through the entire year.

Sounds like some good reasons to get a 6th big.

07-21-2010, 05:36 PM
as much as it saddens me to say this, even if one big goes down, bonner can play starter minutes. blair and splitter can play starter minutes as well. they don't have the mileage. right now, mcdyess is the insurance big. i'm sure the spurs will find some young player in the d-league to fill in later on in the season if injuries become more of a problem. the spurs will have roster room so they might go with a young d-league player. barring significant injuries though, i doubt he will ever see playing time.

20beastie45
07-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Bring Rasho back.
+10 for every finger!

Thomas82
07-21-2010, 07:13 PM

Any other time I would agree with you, but this is basically the same team that got swept by Phoenix in May. I think we need one more big to clog the lane.

Texas_Ranger
07-21-2010, 07:21 PM
a lot of bigmen that have been with the Spurs are free agents:

Rasho
Elson
Oberto
Marks
Mohammed
Ratliff

ChumpDumper
07-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Why would Shaq or Dampier be 6th bigs?

Gist or Wilkerson or the like.

objective
07-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Ginobili = 6th big

RJ = 7th big

George Hill = 8th big

Smallball rules all

MaNu4Tres
07-21-2010, 09:00 PM
A young player with upside they can stash in Austin.

silverblk mystix
07-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Bonner was signed so he could be the 4th,5th AND 6th big.

Bonners minutes will increase to about 33-39 minutes.

Das Texan
07-21-2010, 09:42 PM
I miss Oberto.

Too bad he is too old to really contribute anymore.

ChumpDumper
07-22-2010, 03:49 AM
Curtis Withers is another athletic, undersized big man who performed well in summer league.

OrEmuN
07-22-2010, 03:59 AM
Bonner should be our 6th! I hope we add a second or third big, as we have midgets up front. I would love shaq, Damp would be second, trade with Indy for Foster if poss....Samb has some upside..

Although I am in favour of Bonner being the 6th, it is not going to happen. FO probably wouldn't pay that kinda money to Bonner to be the 6th.

bigdog
07-22-2010, 04:05 AM
I don't see them signing another big right away, but I wouldn't mind a guy like Rasho as the 3rd Center. Who knows if he would even accept that, but still. Besides that, I say they should leave that spot open for a young, athletic, shot blocking, big man...oh wait...

Darkwaters
07-22-2010, 04:23 AM
Personally I would either sign Gist (or a similar player) to sit in Austin or I'd keep the seat free. Then a breakout D-League player could fill that hole later in the season as those guys emerge (ie, Gee/Temple/Jerrells of last year). A final option would be Jerrells himself. But I'm not in favor of that at all.

Anonymous Cowherd
07-22-2010, 05:54 AM
A young player with upside they can stash in Austin.

= Ryan Richards

buttsR4rebounding
07-22-2010, 06:06 AM
a lot of bigmen that have been with the Spurs are free agents:

Rasho
Elson
Oberto
Marks
Mohammed
Ratliff

Oberto might be a good choice. He could probably be signed for close to the vet minimum and wouldn't b!tch about a limited role.

admiralsnackbar
07-22-2010, 08:10 AM
Oberto might be a good choice. He could probably be signed for close to the vet minimum and wouldn't b!tch about a limited role.

His heart issues make me nervous to sign him. Guy should retire and enjoy his family.

urunobili
07-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Bring on the Gist Bitches!

Texas_Ranger
07-22-2010, 09:31 AM
For the vet.min. I'd take Rasho, Nazr or Ratliff.
Elson and Marks are done, and Oberto also had a pretty bad year.

superbigtime
07-22-2010, 10:35 AM
There is no way players like Shaq or Dampier accepts to sign as the 6th big. If Spurs sign a vet 6th big, it will be a marginal player. I'm not even sure a player like Rasho would agreed to be a 6th man.

Personally, I rather see Spurs signing a young player as 6th big and letting him work in Austin. Richards could have been that guy but his shoulder surgery rules him out.

Shoulda kept athletic 24 yr old bigman Mahinmi. With some more muscle he could be like Serge Ibaka. Makes me ill that Dallas got him for less than 1 mill. What did Spurs have to lose in keeping him for that price for 2 more years? Did he get labeled as stupid or uninterested or lazy? Letting go of a young big with hops and athleticism who has been in the system as long as Ian still just boggles the mind. Look at the crummy names tossed about for a possible 6th big in this post, it's not encouraging. Maybe Nazr; he had some nice games for Larry Brown. I hope Ian does well in Dallas but not against the Spurs.

venitian navigator
07-23-2010, 03:18 AM
After the Ratliff and K. Thomas signing some more option are gone...
Imho the best way to fill the spot was Mahinmi...but we all know what's been the end of that.
However, at this point, considering we already have our youg big stashing overseas (Richards), I don't see a reason why not sign another big with experience.
The only other opytion I see otherwise, is Gist ... just because he could finally be that "long three" and defensive oriented option we've been searching for years....but the point is that forb that role he olso need a good shooting skills...that probably he still don't (and probably never will) have.

On the other side, looks like there are still some intersting veterans namens outside.
Ir order of potential :

1) Shaq
2) Rasho
3) Mahammed (everybody says he's a free agent but in Hoopsype looks like he's under contract for one more year)
4) Elson
5) K. Brown
6) .....

I just took that five 'cause i think any of them has obvious reason to be considered valuaable in our system...

the Shaq potential is obvious and coming play off time he could be a veru valueable option is certain situations.
Rasho, Mohammed and Elson already knows our game plays.
Brown is still decently young and has the best body (he could become a better version of Mahinmi).

hsxvvd
07-23-2010, 03:55 AM
+ Splitter
- Nobody

Haven't we already gotten bigger?

Duncan, Splitter, Dice, Blair, Bonner

But our wings are a little on the short side.

Zelophehad
07-23-2010, 04:41 AM
Why on Earth would Damp or Shaq go to the Spurs to be the 6th big and never play?

venitian navigator
07-23-2010, 05:14 AM
Why on Earth would Damp or Shaq go to the Spurs to be the 6th big and never play?

I really don't think they would never play.
Don't forget Tim and Dice are 34 and 36...in some games could be wise simply not play them...and a veteran like a Dampier or (better) Shaq could be just what the doctor ordered to mantain a good playing level and a more than decent offensive option.

biziofromdowntown
07-23-2010, 05:31 AM
Let The Gist free!

DrSteffo
07-23-2010, 05:53 AM
I don't really care who is the 6th big so I would say sign Chinese big old man "Dancing Panda". He has a cool name and I heard he once lost some of his teeth when attempting to dunk the ball, his mouth hitting the rim, so he would be entertaining during pre-game warm ups.

Zelophehad
07-23-2010, 08:10 AM
Don't forget Tim and Dice are 34 and 36...in some games could be wise simply not play them...and a veteran like a Dampier or (better) Shaq could be just what the doctor ordered to mantain a good playing level and a more than decent offensive option.
You seriously think Dampier or Shaq will sign on to be the 6th big man on a team when they could potentially start elsewhere? Hell, Dampier is the starter on a playoff team in Charlotte if they can't trade him, they'll just release and re-sign him.

bigfan
07-23-2010, 08:45 AM
Woundnt Oberto be a cheapo alternative? He's available, knows the system and though not very tall has some pretty good basketball smarts.

dbestpro
07-23-2010, 08:54 AM
Woundnt Oberto be a cheapo alternative? He's available, knows the system and though not very tall has some pretty good basketball smarts.

This would not be a bad move.

Darkwaters
07-23-2010, 09:36 AM
This would not be a bad move.

For all the talk of Duncan developing and teaching the young talent - Oberto might be just as good at this role. If theres not a young big that looks interesting enough to sign then Oberto might be a great pickup.

Just staple him to Splitter's side and have him mentor him in the system and conversion to the NBA. Afterall, I've heard more than a few descriptions of Splitter as a younger more atheletic Oberto...and Splitter does have a good rapport playing next to Argentines.

venitian navigator
07-23-2010, 09:57 AM
You seriously think Dampier or Shaq will sign on to be the 6th big man on a team when they could potentially start elsewhere? Hell, Dampier is the starter on a playoff team in Charlotte if they can't trade him, they'll just release and re-sign him.

Don't know about Dampier...about Shaq, it's him that already said he's interested in playing in S.A.
That said, for what I know, nobody, and this include Tim, has minutes guaranteed in our team...and the sure thing, for what I see, is that our possible two starting big need their minutes to severly be controlled, at the point to avoid playing a number of games.
The "start" concept is really overvalued when your main goal (like should be for everysportsman) is winning more titles or at least games with your team.

So yes, I see Shaq more intrigued in playing some games like a starter and a lot of games for 5/10 minutes here than in another team...that cannot be a contender for the next two seasons (and that means practically every team not named Lakers, Miami, Boston or Orlando...'cause Phoenix should be not so dangerous without Stad, Cleveland is no more a contender without James and the others are some pieces and experience away from really contending).

The only real other chance apart S.A. is Atlanta, but if they're low-balling Shaq offering him more or less what Spurs can offer him, I don't see why he should choose them...however, imho (and I think also in Shaq opinion) Teague isn't already the point guard for a contending team.

Add to that that we frankly need some character in our team...and that ther's already a good relationship and a lot of respect between the big fella and our players and coach...

TJastal
07-23-2010, 10:01 AM

We saw what happened last year when Popped sat Duncan out..... team in disarray, and either lose (raptors) or almost lose (thunder)

.. and it's almost a gaurantee that Pop will pick the most un-wise games to sit his veterans.

TJastal
07-23-2010, 10:03 AM
For all the talk of Duncan developing and teaching the young talent - Oberto might be just as good at this role. If theres not a young big that looks interesting enough to sign then Oberto might be a great pickup.

Just staple him to Splitter's side and have him mentor him in the system and conversion to the NBA. Afterall, I've heard more than a few descriptions of Splitter as a younger more atheletic Oberto...and Splitter does have a good rapport playing next to Argentines.

Great idea. +1

Bito Corleone
07-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Back up SF first, and then maybe a 6th big.

Agloco
07-23-2010, 10:09 AM
I would take Damp over all of those, Rasho second

This. Damp is probably the most solid choice still available. When motivated he can be a good interior presence. Unfortunately, he's not motivated that often.

venitian navigator
07-23-2010, 10:20 AM
We saw what happened last year when Popped sat Duncan out..... team in disarray, and either lose (raptors) or almost lose (thunder)

.. and it's almost a gaurantee that Pop will pick the most un-wise games to sit his veterans.

That's a good pointo to sign Shaq over Dampier or Rasho, for example.
He still has the charisma and personality for being "the player" that commands confidence from teammates and attenction from our counterpart.
As I said, we need these "characters" and till now nobody has had this kind of role in our team (also 'cause till now Tim didn't need to rest for a large amount of minutes in the R.S. for being fresh in play offs).

bishopospurs
07-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Back up SF first, and then maybe a 6th big.
Agreed

coyotes_geek
07-23-2010, 10:43 AM

Nothing personal against Fab, but if the Spurs are going to get a 6th big they should be thinking about the lakers when making their decision. The Spurs already have enough guys who are undersized to guard Gasol or Bynum. Guys like Shaq, Dampier or even Rasho would be better options IMO.

ohmwrecker
07-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Nothing personal against Fab, but if the Spurs are going to get a 6th big they should be thinking about the lakers when making their decision. The Spurs already have enough guys who are undersized to guard Gasol or Bynum. Guys like Shaq, Dampier or even Rasho would be better options IMO.

There is no way that any of those guys are going to sign for the vet. min. to be a 6th big on the Spurs. If we can't beat the Lakers with the 5 bigs we have, a 6th isn't going to make much difference.

Bruno
07-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Spurs are now damn close to the luxury tax, they will likely be cautious with every dollar spend and there is a good chance they go with only 5 bigs.

If Spurs decide to sing a young player, James Gist has the huge edge of costing less against the tax because he is a secodn round pick.

If Spurs wants to add some vet depth for the playoffs, they could wait March to save some money.

coyotes_geek
07-23-2010, 11:18 AM
There is no way that any of those guys are going to sign for the vet. min. to be a 6th big on the Spurs.

Shaq probably wont take vet min, but Dampier might. Rasho certainly can't be expecting much more than vet min.

If we can't beat the Lakers with the 5 bigs we have, a 6th isn't going to make much difference.

Probably true. But it's not like having one more 7 footer on the roster is going to hurt the Spurs chances. So if it can't hurt and might help, it's worth a shot.

ohmwrecker
07-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Shaq probably wont take vet min, but Dampier might. Rasho certainly can't be expecting much more than vet min.
Bigs are overvalued in this league. I think Dampier, and to a lesser extent Rasho can probably get slightly more than the vet min. And as far as any FA being willing to sign with the Spurs for less money . . . that hasn't really worked out so far.

Probably true. But it's not like having one more 7 footer on the roster is going to hurt the Spurs chances. So if it can't hurt and might help, it's worth a shot.

Maybe, but then you're looking at a Theo Ratliff situation and that didn't really work out so well either.

bigfan
07-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Somebody is going to pay Dampier over the min and I hope its not us. I think for the minimum Oberto would be the best fit. Oberto is not as tall as Rasho but Rasho hasnt grown new hands and Elson probably hasnt grown new brains since he was here last. I agree Oberto would be a great help for Splitter and when he was here I though I can remember him getting out hustled by some, I dont remember hardly any particular bonehead moves by the guy. I know we still need a backup SF but Id rather have an extra big dude on the bench that could sub for either Tim or Dice or Splitter (esp in case of injury). Just a thought.

PDXSpursFan
07-23-2010, 01:46 PM
We need a veteran 7-footer (maybe Rasho?)

m33p0
07-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Spurs got swept because they couldn't defend the perimeter. Shaq, Damp, Rasho, whothefuckever won't help shore that up.

BackHome
07-24-2010, 01:34 AM
They couldn't hit an outside shot either "Neal, Anderson" and they couldn't guard the basket "Splitter" things change.

SpurCharger
07-24-2010, 11:05 AM
The Spurs Do Not Need A 6th big, We Need A Tall Player on the wing 6'8 or taller That Can defend and shoot the 3.....

Mr.Robinson
07-24-2010, 01:48 PM
If Holt had gotten Timmy some help after 07 he wouldn't be fucking done. Cheap ass fucking owner spent money a little too late. We needed bigs back then.

Blackjack
07-24-2010, 01:59 PM
I'd be perfectly content with the Spurs to giving Gist an opportunity to see how his game translates playing off great players (which could really have a positive effect on his game) and if he's of no use or just not getting it done, cut him and see what kind of developmental projects are out there to pick up, or just go without to keep a roster spot open and not spend the cash.

I think Gist's physical skills and athleticism, combined with his willingness to be the good soldier since being drafted, deserves a look. We're talking about the 6th Big here.

E-RockWill
07-24-2010, 02:13 PM
I'd be perfectly content with the Spurs to giving Gist an opportunity to see how his game translates playing off great players (which could really have a positive effect on his game) and if he's of no use or just not getting it done, cut him and see what kind of developmental projects are out there to pick up, or just go without to keep a roster spot open and not spend the cash.

I think Gist's physical skills and athleticism, combined with his willingness to be the good soldier since being drafted, deserves a look. We're talking about the 6th Big here.

I have to agree w/ you. The Gist looked more comfortable in Vegas recently than he did last summer. I thought his defensive rotations were solid & really hustled on the offensive end when the ball got to him. He took some shots too, I hope that didn't wind up being a bad thing for him.
We still wouldn't be overwhelming in terms of overall height (unless Tim & Tiago....TNT, anybody?.....are out there @ the same time) but would matchup well based on sheer length.

ohmwrecker
07-24-2010, 02:35 PM
So, is everybody convinced that the Spurs are no longer looking at FA SFs? Is that why this 6th big talk is so hot? SF is definitely the weakest position on the roster with the "Dick Dilemma" starting and the potential backups all being small and inexperienced. I'm not 100% sold on it, but I could be convinced if any one of Anderson/Gee/Hairston can contribute some decent minutes early on. The 6th big doesn't really concern me beyond an injury insurance type of player. I didn't see that a shortage of bigs was the problem last season.

ChumpDumper
07-24-2010, 02:43 PM
I see only about two free agent small forwards out there worth pursuing, and it's not like they would play 30mpg or anything. Ideally we would sign an athletic tweener, but there aren't many of those who aren't projects at this point.

So were talking about a 6th big or a 6th swingman. Not a huge difference or overall concern really.

Blackjack
07-24-2010, 03:13 PM
I see only about two free agent small forwards out there worth pursuing, and it's not like they would play 30mpg or anything. Ideally we would sign an athletic tweener, but there aren't many of those who aren't projects at this point.

So were talking about a 6th big or a 6th swingman. Not a huge difference or overall concern really.

Exactly.

So given the tools of Gist and the possibility that he might be able to help defensively on some of the 3/4's of the league, I'd just assume let him have an opportunity to see if he could be of some use in particular matchups and for a particular stretch of time (maybe the team just needs a spark of energy or they're looking to speed up the game by using him at the 4 to run the court for a few minutes here or there), and reward him for being the good soldier.

The Spurs obviously like the guy and are at least a little intrigued with his potential, I think they need to see how he really looks playing as the energy guy and peripheral player to their best talent. If he can't cut, cut him and let him try and catch on elsewhere. I think that's the best and most fair thing to do.

rascal
07-24-2010, 05:14 PM
So, is everybody convinced that the Spurs are no longer looking at FA SFs? Is that why this 6th big talk is so hot? SF is definitely the weakest position on the roster with the "Dick Dilemma" starting and the potential backups all being small and inexperienced. I'm not 100% sold on it, but I could be convinced if any one of Anderson/Gee/Hairston can contribute some decent minutes early on. The 6th big doesn't really concern me beyond an injury insurance type of player. I didn't see that a shortage of bigs was the problem last season.

Yes a shortage of bigs was a problem last year. The spurs were stuck having to play Bonner who plays small.

ChuckD
07-24-2010, 06:10 PM
I think the Spurs are waiting for Dallas to cut loose Alexis Ajinca so we can sign THEIR cast off uber athletic Frenchie.

ohmwrecker
07-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Yes a shortage of bigs was a problem last year. The spurs were stuck having to play Bonner who plays small.

They weren't stuck. They had Ratliff and let him go. They chose Bonner.

onarollbaby
07-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Kevin Willis is the man