PDA

View Full Version : LMAO Sarver

Goran Dragic
07-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Some of the stuff he said during this Lob Babby press conference is just too funny and sad

ASoMGeBoaRw&feature=player_embedded

I don't know
I think we all know what that answer is code for.

This business is a lot more complicated than I thought it was 6 years ago
:lmao:lmao

As long as Steve and Grant are here, I feel an obligation to help them be successful as possible.
You generally look out for the best interests of the team, and you trade players' when obligations to them might conflict with the teams' best interest, but that's a different issue. How exactly is does letting one of the best pick and roll bigs in the NBA leave and replacing him with someone who needs the ball in his hands help Nash be successful?

We have a number of free agents we think we can attract to this market
20 seconds later

if we wanna bring that franchise player in and that opportunity, the best way that's gonna happen for us is through a trade.....not through free agency over the next couple years
lol contradicting oneself

This was the best way to give us the opportunity to be really good but at the same time have the flexibility to bring in a franchise player or two through trading if in fact those opportunities arise
And what if they don't arise? Who was the last franchise player to be traded in his prime? Does Sarver pay any attention to the NBA?

MavDynasty
07-21-2010, 01:51 PM
I feel sorry for Suns fans. Sarver is as fucking stupid as you can get and a cheap bastard but he tries to improve the roster. He is just too fucking stupid to know that he isn't doing shit but destroying his team

Booharv
07-21-2010, 01:53 PM
"...we have the flexibility to bring in a franchise player or two..."

:lmao :lmao

Goran Dragic
07-21-2010, 02:08 PM
I feel sorry for Suns fans. Sarver is as fucking stupid as you can get and a cheap bastard but he tries to improve the roster. He is just too fucking stupid to know that he isn't doing shit but destroying his team
He's not cheap tbh. He clearly let Amare go because of an MRI that made him think Amare's knee would be done 3 years from now, but he basically gave Gentry and Babby a $16mil trade exception he got from Amare to use however they wanted, and he also overpaid the fuck out of Frye because Gentry wanted him back.

The problem is Gentry is a coach and not a GM, he's thinking more about the immediate team he's coaching than the Suns' cap situation down the road. With Amare he needed a respected executive there to tell him it's simply life in the NBA that you need to give players more years than you might want if you want to keep them. I'm sure the Lakers don't wanna be paying Kobe $30 million at age 35 but they know there's another team out there that will if it means they can have Kobe from now till then. Same thing with the Mavs and giving Dirk 4 years.

Goran Dragic
07-21-2010, 02:08 PM
"...we have the flexibility to bring in a franchise player or two..."

:lmao :lmao

I like the "or two" part :lmao

JMarkJohns
07-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Shit...

lefty
07-22-2010, 02:49 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/48751/meter.jpg

Pero
07-22-2010, 02:51 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/48751/meter.jpg

Does that mean he's not a moron?

Goran Dragic
07-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Yeah it's pretty obvious Kerr isn't a moron.