PDA

View Full Version : The NBA should scale back

Whisky Dog
07-22-2010, 09:34 AM
In reality, there's no reason to have the Clippers, TWolves, Bucks, etc. anymore. With the players taking over the NBA and star players now colluding to go play with each other the only teams that will matter are LA, Chicago, Miami, potentially NY, and the big markets.

Once CP3 and Melo go join Amare in NY and other star FAs start getting together in big market cities there will be no reason to watch the other teams.

Kamnik
07-22-2010, 10:29 AM
I don't think NBA needs scaling back but it surely can't expand furtherč. (except if it does it in Europe...)

FalleNxWiZarDx
07-22-2010, 10:47 AM
all nba teams will have a superstar soon

to much talent is being generated every year

panic giraffe
07-22-2010, 10:53 AM
they should just make the clippers, kings, timerwolves, or grizz d-league teams, and move one to vegas.

boutons_deux
07-22-2010, 11:25 AM
20 teams max, to match the amount playing/coaching talent.

Rip-Hamilton32
07-22-2010, 11:44 AM
the kings has a bright future, Evans, Cousins, Thompson, Casspi, Whiteside

Chomag
07-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Well the Grizz are already the Laker's personal d-league team are they not?

So the transitions might not be that difficult for some teams :lol

MiamiHeat
07-22-2010, 12:05 PM
This will force teams to stop jerking their players around or face losing them.

Spend money and build a team that has a chance to compete. There are several owners in the league that are too fucking cheap and only care about making more and more money.

Earning money and sports integrity are conflicts of interest.

Though, I will say, that you can be honest about trying to build a winner and still lose your star, like LeBron and Cleveland. But that was about the Cavs management being incompetent, not greedy.

Giuseppe
07-22-2010, 12:59 PM
But that was about the Cavs management being incompetent

And James matching them in the stated trait.

TheKingOfMIA6
07-22-2010, 01:31 PM
they should just make the clippers, kings, timerwolves, or grizz d-league teams, and move one to vegas.

and one to Seattle

ChumpDumper
07-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Yes, because everyone benefits from lower revenues.

JMarkJohns
07-22-2010, 01:41 PM
There was a better argument for this about around 10 years ago, when the Nets had shitty ownership and hardly any fan support, ditto for the Hawks, the Clippers and Grizzlies.

Darthkiller
07-22-2010, 02:22 PM
lol @ listing the bucks.

one of the winnest franchises in the nba, won championship, lot of die hard fans.

Basketballgirl25
07-22-2010, 03:02 PM
the nba is becoming more and more of a joke this summer, my god really. Let the football season begin so we can watch and talk about a great sport instead of a sport that needs a lockout because it is going downhill fast

alchemist
07-22-2010, 04:19 PM
Hopefully Presti sticks around and makes the Thunder the next small market dynasty.

panic giraffe
07-22-2010, 04:26 PM
the nba is becoming more and more of a joke this summer, my god really. Let the football season begin so we can watch and talk about a great sport instead of a sport that needs a lockout because it is going downhill fast

joke, right?

panic giraffe
07-22-2010, 04:30 PM
the kings has a bright future, Evans, Cousins, Thompson, Casspi, Whiteside

player talent has a chance. last game i saw spurs vs. kings on tv and it was like an empty silent arena. really sad. give them to LV or seattle. hell if fucking OKC of all empty desolate places can not only support a team, but get enough fan support and dollars to build them into something then the kings have no excuse. as far as the clips, i've always wished that back in the kobe hates his team days that the clippers would have picked him up and moved to anaheim like they said they would have.

Basketballgirl25
07-22-2010, 07:34 PM
joke, right?

nope no joke, the NBA is the new wrestling for people to watch:toast

panic giraffe
07-23-2010, 11:37 AM
nope no joke, the NBA is the new wrestling for people to watch:toast

mad that the russian crapped out or that the team is moving?
you know, i usually try not to agree with the mavfags but, please, if you're serious, just stop posting here.

go to the wwf or whatever and watch that instead.

Basketballgirl25
07-23-2010, 11:58 AM
mad that the russian crapped out or that the team is moving?
you know, i usually try not to agree with the mavfags but, please, if you're serious, just stop posting here.

go to the wwf or whatever and watch that instead.

sorry I'm not mad, why should I be mad, I know Lakers will win it all again this year so I don't have to be mad. the NBA is just a lot like the NBA that's why lots of people in this world don't like it, only the stupid people think it's really, once I see a team like the clippers contend we will know it's better:toast

poop
07-23-2010, 12:10 PM
its moving in the direction of going back to the 50's-60's where there were only like 8 teams in the league with only the same 2-3 being relevant each year for like 2 decades.

Giuseppe
07-23-2010, 12:13 PM
It makes sense. You've got essentially the same amount of talent chasing 4x the teams of the 50's-60's. How we ended up here is no mystery.

benefactor
07-23-2010, 12:21 PM
player talent has a chance. last game i saw spurs vs. kings on tv and it was like an empty silent arena. really sad. give them to LV or seattle. hell if fucking OKC of all empty desolate places can not only support a team, but get enough fan support and dollars to build them into something then the kings have no excuse.
It's pretty crazy. I remember Arco being touted as one of the loudest arenas in the league back in the early 2000's.

Basketballgirl25
07-23-2010, 01:10 PM
its moving in the direction of going back to the 50's-60's where there were only like 8 teams in the league with only the same 2-3 being relevant each year for like 2 decades.

it's moving in the wrong direction, guess we know why all the other sports are better and no one gives a crap about basketball(well nba that is, people actually like college)

panic giraffe
07-23-2010, 01:26 PM
so they should just move the teams that are in markets that won't support them?

the nfl is crap. football is only an excuse to make short fat people run in spurts.
hockey isn't a sport.
american soccer sucks.
baseball is so tarnished with scandals that its pointless as well.
got to believe in something.

it really comes down to management. if the front office sucks then it doesn't matter what the name of your team is, where it's at, it's still going to suck (see knicks, clippers, nets, suns, and to a lesser extent mavs/bulls) unless the management takes responsibility. thats why some small market teams still contend. sa, okc, boston, miami, orlando, etc

Basketballgirl25
07-23-2010, 02:14 PM
so they should just move the teams that are in markets that won't support them?

the nfl is crap. football is only an excuse to make short fat people run in spurts.
hockey isn't a sport.
american soccer sucks.
baseball is so tarnished with scandals that its pointless as well.
got to believe in something.

it really comes down to management. if the front office sucks then it doesn't matter what the name of your team is, where it's at, it's still going to suck (see knicks, clippers, nets, suns, and to a lesser extent mavs/bulls) unless the management takes responsibility. thats why some small market teams still contend. sa, okc, boston, miami, orlando, etc

I believe in something, that all the other sports are better what is there to believe in basketball? If Thunder win this year or any team not named Lakers or Heat then I will believe in basketball and you meantion front offices suck. Nets you can't judge there front office yet, because Nets have a all new front office, Rod Thorn made most of the moves this offseason, since he left we haven't made any moves so no one can say we suck yet.:toast

mingus
07-23-2010, 02:36 PM
i say they should cut 5 or 6 of the teams. there's a handful of teams that i like watching aside from the Spurs (Boston, LA, Magic, now Miami, Denver, Mavs).

all it has to do with is the product. too many teams in the league suck. if the NBA shed 5 or 6 teams it'd translate into probably a good 4 or 5 more teams that i would enjoy watching.

i mean people that never watched the NBA are now suddenly interested in what went down in Miami. all this expansion shit has hurt the NBA product.

Basketballgirl25
07-23-2010, 04:30 PM
i say they should cut 5 or 6 of the teams. there's a handful of teams that i like watching aside from the Spurs (Boston, LA, Magic, now Miami, Denver, Mavs).

all it has to do with is the product. too many teams in the league suck. if the NBA shed 5 or 6 teams it'd translate into probably a good 4 or 5 more teams that i would enjoy watching.

i mean people that never watched the NBA are now suddenly interested in what went down in Miami. all this expansion shit has hurt the NBA product.

how can you like watching Miami, no offense to you, I just don't see it, all the other teams I can see watching because they are interesting, Miami was boring till this summer:lol, but then again I've hated Miami since 2005 so don't listen to me about that I won't watch them this season either, I'd rather puke:bang

mingus
07-23-2010, 07:33 PM
how can you like watching Miami, no offense to you, I just don't see it, all the other teams I can see watching because they are interesting, Miami was boring till this summer:lol, but then again I've hated Miami since 2005 so don't listen to me about that I won't watch them this season either, I'd rather puke:bang

i didn't like watching them before either. that's why i said ""now" Miami, " with their new additions.

i don't know how any fan of the NBA cannot want to watch this team.