PDA

View Full Version : Matt Barnes to Lakers, strong possibility

Amuseddaysleeper
07-22-2010, 01:05 PM
Unless Cleveland raises multi-year offer that starts around $3.5M, Matt Barnes will sign a 1-year, $1.7M deal with Lakers, sources tell Y!

- WojYahooNBA

IronMexican
07-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

The Gemini Method
07-22-2010, 01:17 PM
ackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

hater
07-22-2010, 01:18 PM
good pickup.

doesn't take them above the heat though

sefant77
07-22-2010, 01:47 PM
lol Walton

Venti Quattro
07-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

ackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

lol orgasm or stroke??? :lmao

IronMexican
07-22-2010, 01:55 PM
good pickup.

You must be retarded. Barnes is so awful and takes cheap shots all game.

Goran Dragic
07-22-2010, 01:57 PM
good pickup.

hater, gettin' his San Antonio Heat on.

Dr House
07-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Oh wow, i hope for the sake of all San Antonians lives that this doesn't happen.

If this move happens, just shut down the NBA completely demolish all the NBA building, because a 10 peat is obviously a guarantee and a 20 peat would be a good chance of happening as well. The only question is what kind of method of suicide will SpurFan use. The use of carbon monoxide or just an old fashioned glock?

Trill Clinton
07-22-2010, 01:59 PM
He's willing to take 1.7 million with the lake show but was going to sign a 10 million deal with the raptors...something aint adding up.

Venti Quattro
07-22-2010, 01:59 PM
i'd love to see him freak out at the sight of kobe after his infamous ball fake fail

Goran Dragic
07-22-2010, 02:00 PM
He's willing to take 1.7 million with the lake show but was going to sign a 10 million deal with the raptors...something aint adding up.

Sure it does. Bryan Colangelo is GM of the team that offered $9 million.

IronMexican
07-22-2010, 02:01 PM
?

There's enough video out there to say he takes a lot of cheap shots. I don't want him.

21_Blessings
07-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Barnes is so awful and takes cheap shots all game.

Barnes is a scrappy defender and a very good rebounder for a SF. Perfect coming off the bench. Wild flagrant elbows to the face of Pierce/Manu/Melo/Lebron is just icing on the cake. Artest doesn't have to sacrifice himself.

ginobili's bald spot
07-22-2010, 02:03 PM
This sounds like a negotiating ploy. I doubt he takes that much less to come to the Lakers.

Giuseppe
07-22-2010, 02:04 PM
He makes you sorry every time.

Trill Clinton
07-22-2010, 02:04 PM
Sure it does. Bryan Colangelo is GM of the team that offered $9 million.

I wonder if him and Kahn are vying for the worst GM award this year.

IronMexican
07-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Barnes is a scrappy defender and a very good rebounder for a SF. Perfect coming off the bench. Wild flagrant elbows to the face of Pierce/Manu/Melo/Lebron is just icing on the cake. Artest doesn't have to sacrifice himself.

Take off those UCLA goggles.

Venti Quattro
what's happening with Shannon's negotiations? T-Mac's? Frankly I'd prefer these guys first over Barnes

Trill Clinton
Oh wow, i hope for the sake of all San Antonians lives that this doesn't happen.

If this move happens, just shut down the NBA completely demolish all the NBA building, because a 10 peat is obviously a guarantee and a 20 peat would be a good chance of happening as well. The only question is what kind of method of suicide will SpurFan use. The use of carbon monoxide or just an old fashioned glock?

Potentially signing a scrub like matt barnes is going to ensure a 10peat and maybe a 20peat?...you might wanna just kill yourself right now if you think so.

21_Blessings
07-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Take off those UCLA goggles.

Uh try taking your SC cheat glasses off.

Barnes at 1.8 million is value for what he brings. I'm sure the Lakers will miss Luke Walton getting those minutes.

Do you know how many games Mutombo won strictly with dirty elbows?

Venti Quattro
07-22-2010, 02:10 PM
lol USCheat

The Gemini Method
07-22-2010, 02:25 PM
lol UCLA

The Gemini Method
07-22-2010, 02:28 PM
that cracking sound is lebron james cracking his knuckles and licking his chops

Better watch that crackin' of the knuckles...wouldn't want him to phantom hurt his elbow...

Goran Dragic
07-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Devin Ebanks > Matty Bricks, idk why LA wants that nut case.

picc84
07-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Barnes is a scrub, he's not even as good as Shannon Brown. If LA signs him it will be a waste of a roster spot.

Killakobe81
07-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Barnes is a scrub, he's not even as good as Shannon Brown. If LA signs him it will be a waste of a roster spot.

Defensively Barnes is better ...

Offensively even though he sucks at 3's ...I prefer Shannon and we NEED speed we have hardly any on the roster ...

If we get both guys we are set ...

PG Fisher Blake
SG Kobe Brown Sasha
SF Artest Barnes Ebanks
PF Gasol Odom Caracter
C Bynum Ratliff

I love the versatility of this team ...only guys that cant really play multiple positions are Fish, Bynum and Caracter ...

Defensively everyone is solid to very good ...

If Blake Fisher barnes and Sasha stay away from their career lows in 3pt FG% we will be REALLY good.

TheMACHINE
07-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Darn! i wanted Richard Jefferson! buhahahah

Andrew Bynum
07-22-2010, 06:54 PM
I agree, Barnes plus Shannon would be awesome, makes the bench better way better than it's been the past two years but just Barnes, eeh, I guess the bench is still better with Blake rather than shit ears Shitmar but.

Giuseppe
07-22-2010, 06:56 PM

Picc, with the goods/candid style.

You can trust Barnes no more than you could trust Powell, Walton, Brown or Farmar.

Leave him where you found him.

picc84
07-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Defensively Barnes is better ...

No he's not. Not even close.

Barnes gets billing as a "defensive guy" because he doesn't do anything well offensively. Its strictly a default label. He's an average defender of two's and a terrible defender of 3's, evidenced by him getting abused by everyone in the Boston series, where he was invisible. He's an average to below average player in every way outside of rebounding, and if we need to sign a SF for his rebounding we are fucked.

Watched him play in Phx, and watched him play in Orl. He's trash. The only thing he's contributed to the NBA was being there for the Warriors destruction of Dallas in 2007.

Shannon may do some dumbass stuff sometimes but he's twice the defender Barnes is, more athletic, and a better shooter. And Shannon's a simpleton ass motherfucker who errs more toward scrub than player - and he's still better than Barnes.

If LA signs Barnes over Brown it will be a blunder.

Ashy Larry
07-22-2010, 07:10 PM
you can never have enough defense. take walton's loot and minutes and give it to Barnes

HarlemHeat37
07-22-2010, 07:21 PM
I disagree that Barnes is an average overall defender, he's better than that..I would agree that he's an average isolation 1 on 1 defender though..

He's average at that, average at defending the ball-handler on the p&r, average at defending post-ups, and average at rotating to the open man..

He's a very, very good defender at helping the p&r and running through screens..

Offensively, he's pretty bad..he's good at cutting and good in transition..he can't create his own offense and he's a below average 3-point shooter in half-court sets..

nevetslc
07-22-2010, 08:08 PM
LA Times: Brad Turner
http://twitter.com/BA_Turner

Matt Barnes agent Aaron Goodwin:

"He has a relationship with Kobe and he'll make a decision in 24 hours."

HarlemHeat37
07-22-2010, 08:10 PM
I'll give 6-24 some credit..he really knows how to spot the fake tough guys like Artest and now Barnes, 2 guys he embarrassed on TV, and then they crawl to him in the off-season, hoping for a spot on the Lakers' roster..

It's obviously easier to spot a fake when you're a fake like Kobe, but still, he deserves some credit..

Giuseppe
07-22-2010, 08:27 PM
wtf does Atlanta want with Powell? He's a bum.

Giuseppe
07-22-2010, 08:33 PM
sup cubby

Nothin', sittin', scratchin', waitin' for Katie-girl to get in her jammies and head to bed so I can fire up the DVR. It's the five week annidada of our 16th tonite, don't you know. And I'm watchin' it again. Every time Kobe catches it at the top of the key (late in 4th), jumps in the air and can't decide whether to shoot or pass....I get so nervous, but, then, everything turns out topsy turvy. Us topsy, you all turvy.

Giuseppe
07-22-2010, 08:39 PM
why not have her bring you a beer bro?

Cubby don't smoke, do drugs, or drink.

It's my religion.

Giuseppe
07-22-2010, 09:12 PM
why no to drinking bro? it's no worse than some of the things you've said on this forum, tbh.

Saying & doing are vastly different, Vulva.