PDA

View Full Version : Ratliff to the Lakers while we're stuck with Bonner

rmt
07-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Lakers get another 7ft defensive vet for the minimum. Gasol, Bynum, Odom, Ratliff, Artest, Barnes - what a front line. Shaq, please come to the Spurs for the LLE.

Barnes - 2 years, 3.6mil

HarlemHeat37
07-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Ratliff isn't going to play until Bynum gets injured, which is inevitable..it's strictly an insurance signing, he's an upgrade over Mbenga though..he's still a good shot blocker, but an average overall defender at this point..

ElNono
07-22-2010, 09:11 PM
I thought we were saving him for the playoffs... oh well...

Obstructed_View
07-22-2010, 09:16 PM
I thought we were saving him for the playoffs... oh well...

He doesn't seem fresh to you?

ElNono
07-22-2010, 09:17 PM
He doesn't seem fresh to you?

I forgot shot blockers are overrated. Never mind me.

spurspokesman
07-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Lakers get another 7ft defensive vet for the minimum. Gasol, Bynum, Odom, Ratliff, Artest, possibly Barnes - what a front line. Shaq, please come to the Spurs for the LLE.
Bonner will be our leading scorer this year. Relax. And mason will be resigned at 8-9 mill per over 3yrs. Book it. The fo will once again make it rain.

admiralsnackbar
07-22-2010, 09:28 PM
Yup... y'know I really regret not having a 37 yr old big with creaky-ass knees who couldn't beat Bonner out of the rotation. It's a robbed kind of feeling. Robbed, I say.

ElNono
07-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Well, a 20 year old monster rebounder with no ACLs couldn't beat Bonner out of the rotation either. Bonner is just that good.

admiralsnackbar
07-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Well, a 20 year old monster rebounder with no ACLs couldn't beat Bonner out of the rotation either. Bonner is just that good.

Seriously? You're comparing a guy who actually played minutes to a guy who racked up more time in his short time in Charolette than he did the whole time he was a Spur? No mames, carnal.

rmt
07-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Yup... y'know I really regret not having a 37 yr old big with creaky-ass knees who couldn't beat Bonner out of the rotation. It's a robbed kind of feeling. Robbed, I say.

I blame the Spurs' coach for that. His mentor, Larry Brown, didn't seem to have that problem. Ratliff and his creaky knees performed fine for the Bobcats, and now the Lakers are building a bench on the cheap while we re-sign "limo players" like Bonner.

ElNono
07-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Seriously? You're comparing a guy who actually played minutes to a guy who racked up more time in his short time in Charolette than he did the whole time he was a Spur? No mames, carnal.

No, I merely pointed out that age doesn't seem to be a factor when it comes to beating Bonner out of the rotation.

admiralsnackbar
07-22-2010, 09:40 PM
All due respect to the guy, but Larry Brown takes what he can get at this point. He didn't decide to hang on to Theo, though.

Hmmm.

ElNono
07-22-2010, 09:41 PM
I blame the Spurs' coach for that. His mentor, Larry Brown, didn't seem to have that problem. Ratliff and his creaky knees performed fine for the Bobcats, and now the Lakers are building a bench on the cheap while we re-sign "limo players" like Bonner.

Please... what did Larry Brown or Phil Jackson have ever done in the NBA?

ElNono
07-22-2010, 09:43 PM
Phil Jackson probably wants him to trade him for cash to whoever team Larry Brown is coaching in February. :hat

androck
07-22-2010, 09:44 PM

Larry Brown - 1 title
Record against Pop in the Finals - 0-1

You don't honestly believe he's a better coach than Pop.

ElNono
07-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Larry Brown - 1 title
Record against Pop in the Finals - 0-1

You don't honestly believe he's a better coach than Pop.

No, I think Pop is better.
But I also think Larry is deserving of the Hall of Fame.

Dex
07-22-2010, 09:46 PM
I bet if we had a guy like Ratliff, he would surely find a spot in the rotation.

ElNono
07-22-2010, 09:47 PM
I bet if we had a guy like Ratliff, he would surely find a spot in the rotation.

We don't need Ratliff... we have Splitter!

Obstructed_View
07-22-2010, 09:47 PM

You were the one that acted like being behind Bonner automatically means you suck. If that's the case, you just put Blair in the same boat.

admiralsnackbar
07-22-2010, 09:48 PM

So Coach Brown and PJ have never signed duds to fill a roster? PJ signed Kwame AND Samaki. Brown signed Dwayne "The Schnitz" Schnitzius and Uwe.

Infallible! :lol

ElNono
07-22-2010, 09:51 PM
So Coach Brown and PJ have never signed duds to fill a roster? PJ signed Kwame AND Samaki. Brown signed Dwayne "The Schnitz" Schnitzius and Uwe.

Infallible! :lol

Kwame brought Gasol to the Lakers... that's why Phil always has the last laugh... :lol

admiralsnackbar
07-22-2010, 09:51 PM
You were the one that acted like being behind Bonner automatically means you suck. If that's the case, you just put Blair in the same boat.

I think you got me mixed up with somebody else. I don't really have a problem with Bonner, I was just fucking with people who think Theo is the missing piece because they seem to be the same people who diss on the Red Menace.

And for the record, I know I'm coming off like a prick and I apologize... just unwinding after work. Too much unalloyed truthin'.

admiralsnackbar
07-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Kwame brought Gasol to the Lakers... that's why Phil always has the last laugh... :lol

:lol

Your an optimist, aren't you, Nono?

ElNono
07-22-2010, 09:54 PM
And for the record, I know I'm coming off like a prick and I apologize... just unwinding after work. Too much unalloyed truthin'.

We're all on the same boat, so no need to apologize.
My Jeep just decided to jettison the muffler in the middle of I-195 and I've just spent 3 hours in Meineke. True story.

ElNono
07-22-2010, 09:55 PM
:lol

Your an optimist, aren't you, Nono?

See, if you're the Lakers you start salivating at the prospect of trading Ratliff for CP3. We, lowly Spurs, know we're going to live through Bonner's 4 year reign of terror.

Dr. Gonzo
07-22-2010, 09:57 PM
:lmao

retarded spurs fan think he would have done anything to help

admiralsnackbar
07-22-2010, 09:57 PM
We're all on the same boat, so no need to apologize.
My Jeep just decided to jettison the muffler in the middle of I-195 and I've just spent 3 hours in Meineke. True story.

That sucks, man. If it makes you feel better, my car got broken into 2 weeks ago, the thieves got away with tools I only occasionally use for work, and my insurance told me they wouldn't cover business losses even though they (the tools) were primarilly for personal use.

Viva la chela.

androck
07-22-2010, 09:59 PM
No, I think Pop is better.
But I also think Larry is deserving of the Hall of Fame.

I don't know a lot of Spurs fans that think this. Brown bailed on us half way through the 91-92 season.

wut
07-22-2010, 09:59 PM
yeh another old past their prime big man, just what the Spurs could've used? *sigh*

admiralsnackbar
07-22-2010, 10:00 PM
See, if you're the Lakers you start salivating at the prospect of trading Ratliff for CP3. We, lowly Spurs, know we're going to live through Bonner's 4 year reign of terror.

Bring on the terror, I say. We'll never have another Bob Hill, so things can only get better.

admiralsnackbar
07-22-2010, 10:02 PM
I don't know a lot of Spurs fans that think this. Brown bailed on us half way through the 91-92 season.

Sometimes people hold grudges against people that did more good than bad. I realize it's very arguable, but I think Rod Strickland is proof.

Chomag
07-22-2010, 10:03 PM
That sucks, man. If it makes you feel better, my car got broken into 2 weeks ago, the thieves got away with tools I only occasionally use for work, and my insurance told me they wouldn't cover business losses even though they (the tools) were primarilly for personal use.

Viva la chela.

Thats a croc of shit! Man, did you call them out on this BS?

I understand though I had something similar happen to me. Insurance companies will always gladly take your money but when you actually need their services they either throw a bunch of red tape in you way or just come up with shit to run off on...then asking you for another monthly payment! :lol

ElNono
07-22-2010, 10:04 PM

Larry is like that. It's always love and hate with him.
That said, I don't think that goes against his accomplishments as a coach, including winning it all both at the College and Professional level.
Obviously, he knows what he's doing.

admiralsnackbar
07-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Thats a croc of shit! Man, did you call them out on this BS?

I understand though I had something similar happen to me. Insurance companies will always gladly take your money but when you actually need their services they either throw a bunch of red tape in you way or just come up with shit to run off on...then asking you for another monthly payment! :lol

Can't make money if you're giving it away, I guess.

Needless to say I reduced my coverage since it's obviously worth fuck-all.

ElNono
07-22-2010, 10:07 PM

Viva la chela.

That's BS. But insurance co's always manage to get away with that shit.

rmt
07-22-2010, 10:08 PM
All due respect to the guy, but Larry Brown takes what he can get at this point. He didn't decide to hang on to Theo, though.

Hmmm.

Larry Brown doesn't get to decide to hang on to Ratliff as he was on a 1 year contract for the minimum. He's a free agent again so he probably wants a ring and decided that the 2 time champs Lakers are the best bet.

admiralsnackbar
07-22-2010, 10:08 PM
That's BS. But insurance co's always manage to get away with that shit.

Truth. So what's up with your car, man? Is it at least gonna be road-worthy tomorrow?

ElNono
07-22-2010, 10:10 PM
Bring on the terror, I say. We'll never have another Bob Hill, so things can only get better.

Well, he's here to stay. So we shall embrace the terror.

ElNono
07-22-2010, 10:14 PM
Truth. So what's up with your car, man? Is it at least gonna be road-worthy tomorrow?

Oh yeah. They put a new muffler and exhaust pipe. I drove back home in it.
Charged me $250 for it, but I basically was in the middle of nowhere, and I'm glad I could use Google Maps on my iPhone to find a Meineke near by. I got there at 5 pm and they close at 5:30 pm, so I got lucky. Plus the car is due for inspection next month and there's no way it would have passed emissions with a holed up muffler.

So it's all good, I'm just beat and $250 short. :lol

admiralsnackbar
07-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Larry Brown doesn't get to decide to hang on to Ratliff as he was on a 1 year contract for the minimum. He's a free agent again so he probably wants a ring and decided that the 2 time champs Lakers are the best bet.

Agreed, I'm just being a cock.

pgardn
07-22-2010, 10:20 PM
Ratliff? OMG Ratliff?

We may have spent too much for Bonner but Ratliff? Forget it. Who cares.

gospursgojas
07-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Aw man Lakers picked up a guy who sat at the end of our bench??? WHYD WE LET HIM GO?!

ElNono
07-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Ratliff might not even make it past training camp... obviously, he's not signed to a 4 year deal, so that's not really a problem...

Dr. Gonzo
07-22-2010, 10:54 PM
Aw man Lakers picked up a guy who sat at the end of our bench??? WHYD WE LET HIM GO?!

But he once had a game where he played and blocked 3 shots. Popabitch is retarded. Rides coat tails. Has zits. EtC!

gospursgojas
07-22-2010, 11:26 PM
But he once had a game where he played and blocked 3 shots. Popabitch is retarded. Rides coat tails. Has zits. EtC!

Theo will have a better season that tiago

ElNono
07-22-2010, 11:28 PM
^^^ you forgot to use the blue text

gospursgojas
07-22-2010, 11:31 PM
^^^ you forgot to use the blue text

ya right....

Theo will have a better season than Tiago

ElNono
07-22-2010, 11:32 PM
There you go :tu

jermaine
07-23-2010, 04:07 AM
I can truely say I'm not worried about Mia. But the Lakers went got Blake (which I've always had a man crush on), Matt Barns (anotha good wing defender when Artest is fuckin up), an Ratliff ( a nice shotblocker). We signed Bonner, Jefferson & some alleged rapiest that fuck bitches while they throwing up! Its gone be a long season& I don't think I'm getting the NBA league pass this year! I was sad when I seen Barns & Rat signed with LA.

scottspurs
07-23-2010, 04:17 AM
Bonner>Ratliff at this point

greyforest
07-23-2010, 04:42 AM
bonner and ratliff are both pretty crappy players at this point

hsxvvd
07-23-2010, 07:36 AM
Splitter > Ratliff.

jermaine
07-23-2010, 07:46 AM
Splitter > Ratliff.

Splitter, Duncan, Blair, Dice, Bonner < Odom, Rat, Gasol, Bymum

Agloco
07-23-2010, 08:12 AM
Lakers get another 7ft defensive vet for the minimum. Gasol, Bynum, Odom, Ratliff, Artest, Barnes - what a front line. Shaq, please come to the Spurs for the LLE.

Barnes - 2 years, 3.6mil

Why would you want to compound the problem by signing Shaq?

Kindergarten Cop
07-23-2010, 08:14 AM
Splitter, Duncan, Blair, Dice, Bonner < Odom, Rat, Gasol, Bymum

Yeah, and the signing of Ratiliff is what pushed the balance in favor of the Lakers. :lol

tmtcsc
07-23-2010, 08:41 AM
We had Ratliff and he didn't fit in apparently. I'm sitting here as a fan or spectator while Coach Pop is making millions and has 4 rings. I think he knows why he traded away Ratliff and why he wasn't going to make a difference for us. Maybe the guy will find time on the floor for the Lakers but I doubt it.

purist
07-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Interesting. when Spurs were in championship mode reloading with old vets on the cheap, fans wanted them to get younger. Spurs now seem to be in a youth movement mode and fans want them to sign old vets on the cheap.

can never please everyone.

lotr1trekkie
07-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Ya'll need to take a deep breath and see how this plays out. Pop likes Bonner's ability to stretch the floor. GOI! Spitter is destined to get Bonner's minutes ASAP. Bonner can then return to his real role: A situtional player who can stretch the floor.

TJastal
07-23-2010, 10:12 AM
Ya'll need to take a deep breath and see how this plays out. Pop likes Bonner's ability to stretch the floor. GOI! Spitter is destined to get Bonner's minutes ASAP. Bonner can then return to his real role: A situtional player who can stretch the floor.

Bonner will be a regular 20 minute a night type guy in Pop's hoagie grail quest to find Robert Horry.

If Splitter eats into anyone's minutes, it'll be Blair.

venitian navigator
07-23-2010, 10:12 AM
Interesting. when Spurs were in championship mode reloading with old vets on the cheap, fans wanted them to get younger. Spurs now seem to be in a youth movement mode and fans want them to sign old vets on the cheap.

can never please everyone.

I'm glad we're in a re-jouvenating way, however that doesn't change the fact that we still have a spot for a 6th big and that two of our bigs are over 33 years old and needing some rest during the regular season...

Maybe I'm wrong but Shaq didn't have a bad season last season...maybe not the best p&r defender, but not every team can constantly exploit this liability at the point to overlook the contribute he can give when playing in a limited amount of minutes...and, on the other end, when play offs come he's still a so big and strong body in the paint that 's very difficult to avoid from putting the ball in the hole.

bishopospurs
07-23-2010, 10:19 AM
When Bynum gets injured it will be Odom, Gasol, Ratliff vs. Splitter, Duncan, McDyess. Then we still have Blair and Bonner. I am going to wait to see Splitter actually play before getting into a greater than/less than debate. Can't wait for preseason!