PDA

View Full Version : Just had to put my 12 yr old Pitt to sleep

Heath Ledger
07-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Stage 4 lymphoma couldn't keep food or water down.
I'm pretty much devastated. She was the sweetest dog not one mean bone in her body. The best dog anyone could hope for.

R.I.P. Sativa

redzero
07-22-2010, 11:14 PM
I remember when my dog died unexpectedly. Who would have known that an entire box of chocolates isn't good for a dachshund?

Cry Havoc
:( Sorry for your loss. That's rough, HL.

AnthonyM
I just put my 12 year old Golden Retriever down yesterday.

Hardest day of my life.

It's hard at night when I have nothing to do, just can't stop thinking about him.

Hopefully it gets better and sorry for your loss.

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-22-2010, 11:15 PM
sorry man. hang in there
you too anthony

AnthonyM
07-22-2010, 11:17 PM
He had cancer, and there was nothing they could do. It was all over his liver and spreading into his abdomen and lungs.

By yesterday he couldn't get up and walk because he had anemia because he was bleeding internally so he was extremely weak.

It was best to let him go with some dignity, and not have him get worse i.e. start having seizures, coughing up blood, passing out.

Losing a pet is one of the hardest things that you can do.

AnthonyM
07-22-2010, 11:18 PM
sorry man. hang in there
you too anthony

Thanks.

I hope it's not too hard to take me seriously with my sig and avatar.

Dr. Gonzo
07-22-2010, 11:19 PM
That sucks dude. Putting down a dog is hard.

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-22-2010, 11:24 PM
Thanks.

I hope it's not too hard to take me seriously with my sig and avatar.

it was

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-22-2010, 11:24 PM
heath im sorry bro i hope you got someone there with you

marini martini
07-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Putting down your pet will help you sleep soundly at night!!!:tu

Sorry for your recent losses, HL & Anthony!:toast

R.I.P. Luke 14 y.o. lab & Sammy 18 y.o. cat:cry

Heath Ledger
07-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Ya my fiancé Is here I just went back to tn few weeks back and we moved back to Las Vegas this past week.

AnthonyM
07-22-2010, 11:29 PM
Putting down your pet will help you sleep soundly at night!!!:tu

Sorry for your recent losses, HL & Anthony!:toast

R.I.P. Luke 14 y.o. lab & Sammy 18 y.o. cat:cry

Yeah, the doctor told us he regretted trying to do everything he could for his lab because it's harder seeing them suffering than to put them down. And then, that's one of the last memories you have of your pet. At least he wasn't in as much pain as he would have been if we didn't put him down.

But still, neither choice is easy.

HL, I take comfort in the fact that the last thing my dog saw was his family and he wasn't in pain. Hopefully, you feel the same.

thispego
07-22-2010, 11:44 PM
fuck yo pit! I'm sure he had a wonderful life and close relationship with you what with all your moving from city to city and your millions of hours of poker playing. I'm sure you had a lot of time to play with your dog. It's a real shame when a dog does and it had a shitty life. My condolences.

Sisk
07-23-2010, 12:47 AM
Losing a pet always sucks.. Sorry man..

marini martini
07-23-2010, 01:43 AM
They are off to Rainbow Bridge, waiting to see us on the other side!!!:toast

TDMVPDPOY
07-23-2010, 01:57 AM
Ya my fiancé Is here I just went back to tn few weeks back and we moved back to Las Vegas this past week.

is this the same fiancee or a new one?

hey u name ur pitt after sativa rose? :D

4>0rings
07-23-2010, 02:16 AM
Sorry to hear that. I know my pets are like family to me so I know what you're going through. Just remember.

blizz
07-23-2010, 02:30 AM
yeah that is the worst....i had to do the same years back to my boxer cuz of cancer. it was very very hard. it does get easier but only time helps that. sorry to hear about it.

phyzik
07-23-2010, 03:19 AM
That sucks.

We found a toy poodle back in 1998 roaming our street. My mom loved poodles. He had no tags so we decided to keep him. The vet, at the time, said he was 4 yrs old. My dad passed away 6 days after the new millenium. At the time Pepy (thats the dogs name, because he was and still is boisturous) was 6 yrs old.

He was my moms favorite. Im not talking pet, Im talking everything. KSAT had a skit a while back at petsmart and my mom and Pepy showed up on it. She used to buy him Mcdonalds hamburgers and shit and always forget to bring me and my brother something. :lol

My mom passed away in 2006. Pepy was 12 yrs old at the time. there I was, on my own all of the sudden with this gay ass poodle to take care of :lol. My younger brother was in South Korea and my older brother was living in Austin. It was up to me to take care of the house and Pepy. You would be suprised how much trim that dog pulled in for me. He was a fucking pimp in those days!

My younger brother has since resigned from the army about 8 months ago. Pepy is still alive. he is 16 yrs old now. I dont know how I, or my brothers, will act when he goes. He is the last living tie to our mother. She LOVED this dog. WE love this dog.

his eyes are milky now, he cant see very well. His hearing is bad. but he still lives up to his name. Pepy. He has alot of energy. at 16 yrs old he can still jump up on the couch. He still gets super excited for car rides, even if its to the vet or groomers.

He is now sporting a Mr. T. Mowhawk. He looks pimp. :lol

I sometimes think he will outlive me because of my lifestyle.

I really cant imagine the day he is gone..... I made peace with my father passing a LONG time ago.... But Pepy... he is the last tie to my parents. I dont know what I will do when he is gone.

I've been thinking about getting an African Grey Parrot and name him Ginobilli, then teach him the Barkley "GINOBILIIII" yell. :lol

Nothing will ever replace Pepy though. He brought our family together.

benefactor
07-23-2010, 05:53 AM
Stage 4 lymphoma couldn't keep food or water down.
I'm pretty much devastated. She was the sweetest dog not one mean bone in her body. The best dog anyone could hope for.

R.I.P. Sativa
Wow...condolences bro. I have a 3 yr old pit and his also the best dog I have ever owned. I can't imagine losing him. You got a picture of her?

easjer
07-23-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm so sorry HL. Losing a companion pet is so sad. My 19 year old cat died in November and I still miss him. Sounds like you made the right decision, but I know that was hard.

tlongII
07-23-2010, 09:13 AM
Since it wasn't a cat I will offer my condolences.

mrsmaalox
07-23-2010, 11:26 AM
My condolences to both of you Heath and Anthony.

Creepn
07-23-2010, 12:37 PM
Sorry for your loss Heath. Were you there the whole time or did you leave? I can't imagine being in the same room the whole time.

JudynTX
07-23-2010, 01:45 PM
:( I'm sorry to hear that. RIP Sativa.

ashbeeigh
07-23-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing pets is one of the hardest things in the world to go through.

760Spursfan
07-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Sorry for your loss, I know what your going through keep your head up bro.

Heath Ledger
07-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Sativa got her name from my cousin who was a pot dealer I'm assuming named after cannabis sativa. He gave her to me when she was 2.

Regarding pegos comments I have only this to say I hope you get ass cancer and die in a fiery automobile crash.

I took damn good care if her. She would not have lived to be 12 9 or 10 is more common for a pitbull.

I was there in the room holding her as was my fiancé when they euthanized her. It was hard but I didn't want her to go out with 2 strangers. As tough as it was I'd do it again.

baseline bum
07-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Sorry for your loss, Heath. My favorite dog I had growing up died of cancer, and it was tough to see her in pain from it. Since Sativa was too sick to be able to eat, then you probably did the right thing though. Condolences.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-24-2010, 06:03 PM
"it's a real shame when a dog does" :lmao

No need to sweat him, Heath. He does just fine as it is.

Anyway, sorry for your loss, man. Just look at like he's in no more pain. Keep your chin up, Heath.

Thompson
07-24-2010, 08:49 PM
It's much better to put the animal down than to make it suffer for our selfish attachment. I had to put my dog down for the same reason (cancer). I'm sorry for your loss, but remember that you gave her a good life and didn't let her continue suffering.

AnthonyM
07-25-2010, 02:08 AM
I was there in the room holding her as was my fiancé when they euthanized her. It was hard but I didn't want her to go out with 2 strangers. As tough as it was I'd do it again.

:tu

My family felt the same away. You don't want the last thing your pet sees to be a a doctor in a white lab coat and his intern or lab tech. It's hard on you but at least they are with the people that have loved them their whole lives.

I suggest that most people be in there with their pets even though it's tough...I'm glad I did because the last thing my dog saw and heard was his family before he went to sleep.

Still hurting though. :depressed

Bukefal
07-25-2010, 05:53 AM
Im sorry to hear that. That sucks. I have 2 dogs and I love them to death. I cant imagine without them.