PDA

View Full Version : David Kahn calls C-Webb a schmuck.

Zelophehad
07-23-2010, 03:36 AM
"KSTP 1500 AM radio just played a taped interview their afternoon show did with David Kahn, who once again wasn't at a loss for words.
Here are some of the things he told my newspaper colleague Patrick Reusse and Phil Mackey:

* Michael Beasley smoked too much pot in Miami, but he's a changed man now. Make that, changed young man.

"He's a very young and immature kid who smoked too much marijuana and has told me that he's not smoking anymore," Kahn said, "and I told him that I would trust him as long as that was the case."

* On being something of a youtube sensation for a contentious NBA TV interview with Chris Webber from NBA Summer League last week: "He's kind of a schmuck, isn't he? Methinks that he spent a lot of time on NBA TV with a former Timberwolves person and he seemed to come into the interview with an agenda. Tough questions are fine, but I felt like he was a little defensive about some of the things."

* European center Nikola Pekovic will be "signed here shortly" and called him a 6-10, 275-pound "real brute" and "almost the kind who'd kick sand in somebody's face at the beach."

* He likened just-signed Luke Ridnour's veteran presence to Brian Cardinal and Damien Wilkins' leadershipm but with a big difference: He'll play a lot.

"I think it's important to have not only a veteran presence, but somebody who's playing significant, steady minutes," Kahn said. "It's easier to lead rather than just from the locker room."

* Asked about who'd win a game of H-O-R-S-E on a team that seemingly has significantly improved its shooting, he said, "It'd be hard (to pick a winner). We have a lot of good shooters, but I wouldn't discount Bill Laimbeer. Bill can still shoot it.""

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/blogs/99043669.html?elr=KArks7PYDiaK7DU2EkP7K_V_GD7EaPc: iLP8iUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

DMX7
07-23-2010, 03:53 AM
Not to hijack this thread, but why were people throwing glitter at Lindsay Lohan?

mingus
07-23-2010, 04:01 AM
wow wtf is this guy doing?

Zelophehad
07-23-2010, 04:06 AM
Not to hijack this thread, but why were people throwing glitter at Lindsay Lohan?
Because her fans are retarded. Best explanation I can come up with. They were throwing them on her when she went into court for a hearing last week after being sentenced.

sefant77
07-23-2010, 09:13 AM
Webber will trash the Wolves next year every time possible, even if its halftime of Nets vs Clippers.

Douche vs douche

Dro210
07-23-2010, 09:25 AM
C-Webb is the man.

and Beasley's problems run a lot deeper than smoking a little weed... good luck with him.

Ashy Larry
07-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Michael Beasley smoked too much pot in Miami, but he's a changed man now. Make that, changed young man.

so basically, he knows he changed in practically two weeks of getting the dude?

I'll side with Webb on this one .......

picc84
07-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Can't wait to see Cwebb on nbatv after a wolves game. If they ever do get on tv.

Veterinarian
07-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Webber wasn't even that rude to him on the broadcast. He just didn't go along with Kahn comparing him to Darko. Really, Kahn made himself look like an asshole way more than anything else.

sefant77
07-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Why everyone likes Webber? The guy is a major douchebag on TV.

alchemist
07-23-2010, 09:49 AM
:lol anyone who sides with Webber, dude acted like an asshole straight up

alchemist
07-23-2010, 09:50 AM
The guy is a major douchebag on TV.
:wakeup

hater
07-23-2010, 09:52 AM
LMAO Beasley a changed man

Zelophehad
07-23-2010, 09:58 AM
I thought Webber acted perfectly fine. What's he supposed to do act like the guy isn't a complete failure and an idiot when he's comparing him to Darko? How much bullshit are we expected to put up with in our day to day lives?

The best part of this article was when Kahn said "methinks". How faggy.

Dro210
07-23-2010, 10:19 AM
I don't know why anybody would think CWebb is a douche. He's one of the coolest guys on the planet if you ask me. Becoming the best in the business as well. His love for the game is easy to see. If you watch him on NBATV, you can tell he watches every game, every night, and gets excited about it.

Leetonidas
07-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Webber is a shitty analyst, knows basically nothing about the game of basketball itself, and he thinks he's some sort of legendary player. Newsflash faggot, you never won a ring and you will be remembered for calling a timeout you never had, that is all.

Also Kahn is a fucking dumbass too. I hate both of these morons, but mostly C-Webb because we have to see this idiot on TV more often

Zelophehad
07-23-2010, 10:32 AM
I don't understand the C-Webb hate either.

sefant77
07-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Webber is a shitty analyst, knows basically nothing about the game of basketball itself, and he thinks he's some sort of legendary player. Newsflash faggot, you never won a ring and you will be remembered for calling a timeout you never had, that is all.

This

I remember 2009 he and the other douchebags trashing Dirk because he admitted fair and square that the Nuggets played awesome defense.

That was the most stupid "ripping" of someone that i ever saw...

Beside all that talking what it need to be a champion and why several players arent on this level etc. So funny to hear that from a bunch of ringless ex players. Specially because they always do it on the disrespectful/trashing way.

Zelophehad
07-23-2010, 10:40 AM
This

I remember 2009 he and the other douchebags trashing Dirk because he admitted fair and square that the Nuggets played awesome defense.

Beside all that talking what it need to be a champion and why several players arent on this level etc. So funny to hear that from a bunch of ringless ex players. Specially because they always do it on the disrespectful/trashing way.

So basically he made fun of Dirk and doesn't have a ring. Plus he doesn't broadcast in the faggy PC way and make nice with everybody (A massive plus in my book). Good reasons. :rolleyes

lotr1trekkie
07-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Screw the term C-Webb! Chris Webber has been a loser his entire career. Cost his HS team state champioinships. Couldn't win with the not so FAB 5. Sucked in the NBA and now sucks as an analist. Go away!

Goran Dragic
07-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Anytime there's a thread about a retired ringless player you can expect multiple posts from Spurfan saying something along the lines of, "He needs to STFU! He doesn't even have a ring!"

Goran Dragic
07-23-2010, 11:01 AM
And yeah if I'm Webber I wouldn't take kindly to someone comparing me to Darko Millicic.

Dro210
07-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Webber is a shitty analyst, knows basically nothing about the game of basketball itself, and he thinks he's some sort of legendary player.\

None of that is true

:lol lotta hate for CWebb around here I guess.

redzero
07-23-2010, 11:11 AM
It's impressive that somebody who knows nothing about basketball managed to become an All Star on multiple occasions.

Goran Dragic
07-23-2010, 11:12 AM
It's impressive that somebody who knows nothing about basketball managed to become an All Star on multiple occasions.

Or have 20 10 career averages, just think about how good Webber woulda been if he actually knew something about basketball.

SomeCallMeTim
07-23-2010, 11:13 AM
"KSTP 1500 AM radio just played a taped interview their afternoon show did with David Kahn, who once again wasn't at a loss for words.
Here are some of the things he told my newspaper colleague Patrick Reusse and Phil Mackey:

* Michael Beasley smoked too much pot in Miami, but he's a changed man now. Make that, changed young man.

"He's a very young and immature kid who smoked too much marijuana and has told me that he's not smoking anymore," Kahn said, "and I told him that I would trust him as long as that was the case."

* On being something of a youtube sensation for a contentious NBA TV interview with Chris Webber from NBA Summer League last week: "He's kind of a schmuck, isn't he? Methinks that he spent a lot of time on NBA TV with a former Timberwolves person and he seemed to come into the interview with an agenda. Tough questions are fine, but I felt like he was a little defensive about some of the things."

* European center Nikola Pekovic will be "signed here shortly" and called him a 6-10, 275-pound "real brute" and "almost the kind who'd kick sand in somebody's face at the beach."

* He likened just-signed Luke Ridnour's veteran presence to Brian Cardinal and Damien Wilkins' leadershipm but with a big difference: He'll play a lot.

:lol

So much unintentional comedy here.

Does Kahn realize what practiced liars people with drug problems generally become?

mindcrime
07-23-2010, 12:40 PM
This

As a Mavsfan you would know a lot about ringless players.

Zelophehad
07-23-2010, 12:45 PM

You're logged into your troll account brah. The one that says Kings fan.

Log back into your Spur fan account and then you can do the ring smack.

Goran Dragic
07-23-2010, 12:49 PM
You're logged into your troll account brah. The one that says Kings fan.

Log back into your Spur fan account and then you can do the ring smack.

Maybe he's a Kings fan who considers the Rochester Royals' 1951 championship enough for him to use the "1 ring, faggot" burn, similar to Lakerfan saying 16 rings, faggot because of Minneapolis.

sefant77
07-23-2010, 05:14 PM

I dont care about rings or ringless, i care about being classy.

But ringless and being a non classy prick is the worst thing ever.

Cane
07-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Could buy a lot of pot with 100 grand:

NEW YORK -- The NBA fined Minnesota Timberwolves president of basketball operations David Kahn $50,000 on Friday for his radio remarks about power forward Michael Beasley's past marijuana use.

The league also fined the Timberwolves organization $50,000 for what it called inappropriate comments.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/07/23/AR2010072304825.html

mingus
07-23-2010, 07:36 PM
lmao @ the fines.

mingus
07-23-2010, 07:38 PM
does anyone have the interview?

it's getting to the point now here it's must hear interviews with this guy.

SomeCallMeTim
07-23-2010, 07:46 PM
does anyone have the interview?

it's getting to the point now here it's must hear interviews with this guy.

Agreed. The combination of incompetence and hubris is hilarious. I truly feel bad for T-Wolf fans... all 13 of em.

ohmwrecker
07-23-2010, 09:30 PM
I just watched the video and David Kahn is definitely the asshole here. He compared Darko to Vlade and Webber was understandably dubious, but still polite. Then he paralleled Darko's career arc to Webber's which, again understandably, pissed Webber off. By the end of the interview, Webber looked like he wanted to punch Kahn in his bald, weasel face, but he just said, "Yeah, good luck."

Kevin Durant 35
07-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Anytime there's a thread about a retired ringless player you can expect multiple posts from Spurfan saying something along the lines of, "He needs to STFU! He doesn't even have a ring!"

Spur fan or Laker fan

Stump
07-23-2010, 09:54 PM
How does this man have a job? Seriously.

ohmwrecker
07-23-2010, 09:59 PM
[/LEFT]

:lol

So much unintentional comedy here.

Does Kahn realize what practiced liars people with drug problems generally become?

Drug problems . . . it's marijuana, you dolt.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Webber wasn't even that rude to him on the broadcast. He just didn't go along with Kahn comparing him to Darko. Really, Kahn made himself look like an asshole way more than anything else.

Agreed.

:lol anyone who sides with Webber, dude acted like an asshole straight up

See above.

I thought Webber acted perfectly fine. What's he supposed to do act like the guy isn't a complete failure and an idiot when he's comparing him to Darko? How much bullshit are we expected to put up with in our day to day lives?

Exactly.

Also Kahn is a fucking dumbass too. I hate both of these morons, but mostly C-Webb because we have to see this idiot on TV more often

Averaged 20/10/4, 5 all-star appearances, rebounding title, all-NBA First team, and absolutely ROBBED in game 7 of 2002 vs Fakers. But yeah, the guy is a basketball noob... :rolleyes

So, not only is Kahn an idiot but a bitch douche:

"He's kind of a schmuck, isn't he? Methinks that he spent a lot of time on NBA TV with a former Timberwolves person and he seemed to come into the interview with an agenda. Tough questions are fine, but I felt like he was a little defensive about some of the things."

Webber was a little defensive? How about you, shmuck? Webber should have ripped the guy a new arsehole after idiotically comparing him to Darko, and the fact that he didn't speaks well of Webber.

Leetonidas
07-24-2010, 12:40 AM
He called a timeout when he had none. Yep.

Zelophehad
07-24-2010, 12:42 AM
All my arguments failed, so I'll throw out a meaningless quip. Yep.

Leetonidas
07-24-2010, 12:43 AM
Also why is everyone getting their panties in a bunch because of the Darko comparison? Kahn was comparing Darko to Webber, not the other way around. And Webber getting all insulted was a complete bitch move. Like I said, Kahn is a fucking idiot, there's no doubting that. It's probably because I can't stand Webber's color commentary. Plus what's up with his hate for Nowitzki? Dirk is such a likable player.

And stfu with this bullshit about him being knowledgeable about basketball. Jalen Rose played in the NBA and he's the biggest dipshit of them all.

How long til Jesse Jackson says Kahn is a racist?

Leetonidas
07-24-2010, 12:45 AM
Never thought Mavfan would get defensive over a guy who called out their best player. :lmao

Pelicans78
07-24-2010, 01:05 AM
Kahn sounded completely inept during that interview, especially when trying to compare Darko with Webber. Kahn made a suggestion that Webber didn't breakout until he got to the Kings which was not true. Webber was a very productive player in Washington and even during his 1st season in Golden State. The comparison was awful because he made it sound like Webber grew up when he went to the Kings. That wasn't the case.

Plus Kahn was bringing up garbage of how improving certain things within the team like amenities was going to change the overall performance. The fact is, the players outside of Love aren't very good and this team needs better players. Then he makes a dumb comment about Beasley which was false as well. Beasley may have smoked pot, but he had a serious problem with depression and alcohol while with the Heat and was treated at a mental facility. His problems were bigger than "smoking pot on a daily basis." Kahn was rightfully fined. Dude is definitely a schmuck. Was not impressed at all with Kahn.

Homeland Security
07-24-2010, 12:05 PM
This battle of wits between Webber and Kahn reminds me of that 1997 game between the Robinson-less, pre-Duncan Spurs and the Cavs, a game the Spurs won 64-59.

Ignorant Spurs fan
07-24-2010, 12:24 PM

HHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YEEEEAAHHHH!!!!!

Now this guy's talking my language, hey bro check your PM's. If you wanna come over and have butt sex later while watching the Golden State vs Dallas series just let me know :tu

Xevious
07-24-2010, 01:58 PM
:rollin