PDA

View Full Version : Going to Cowboys Stadium...

tlongII
07-23-2010, 08:55 AM
I'm going to fly in Friday night, Sept 3rd to see the Beavs play TCU on Saturday the 4th. I'll be flying back home Sunday. If you can think of anything I should check out in the area let me know.

Whisky Dog
07-23-2010, 09:06 AM
There just isn't a lot of anything to do in that area. There's six flags, hurricane harbor, Rangers ballpark, and the Cowboys stadium. If you want stuff to do you'd have to drive down 30 into Dallas.

tlongII
07-23-2010, 09:09 AM
There just isn't a lot of anything to do in that area. There's six flags, hurricane harbor, Rangers ballpark, and the Cowboys stadium. If you want stuff to do you'd have to drive down 30 into Dallas.

Well I haven't booked my hotel yet so maybe I'll stay in Dallas.

tlongII
07-23-2010, 09:10 AM
I know the team is staying at the Westin in Dallas. I don't want to stay at the same hotel though because it's a ripoff.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Do you travel long distances for beaver often?

tlongII
07-23-2010, 09:15 AM
Do you travel long distances for beaver often?

I'll go a long way for beaver. No doubt about it.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-23-2010, 09:26 AM
I'll go a long way for beaver. No doubt about it.

:tu

Yeah. There's not much to do in Arlington. Very boring touristy city plus it's pretty much gone to hell since I used to live there. Hopefully Jerry's House will spruce up the city. Yeah. If you stay in Dallas stay downtown. Around American Airlines Center. The place where the Mavs lose and hang banners. :wakeup.

tlongII
07-23-2010, 09:45 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/tlongII/BEAVERBOULEVARD.jpg

G-Nob
07-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Arlington is a toilet. Unless you like theme parks, not that great.
I can normally get the Westin at $54/night on priceline. Otherwise, I'd stay in Ft. Worth and do sundance square. Better night life and better atmosphere. Downtown dallas is dead on the weekends even over by AAC. If your stuck on staying in dallas, head over to mckinney ave or greenville. Good restaurants over there.

tlongII
07-23-2010, 01:33 PM
How about the North Dallas Galleria area? The team is staying at the Westin there. I was considering the Le Meridien hotel there. Is that a good spot?

PuttPutt
07-23-2010, 02:20 PM
You could always stay inexpensively in Oak Cliff . :lol

4>0rings
07-23-2010, 02:35 PM
When you fly make sure you buy 2 seats for your fat ass.

G-Nob
07-23-2010, 03:17 PM
How about the North Dallas Galleria area? The team is staying at the Westin there. I was considering the Le Meridien hotel there. Is that a good spot?

If the team is staying by the galleria that's strange because its further away. You can stay there too but I would recommend trying to go through priceline so you don't pay too much. Just select 4 star hotel in galleria area. Other than the mall, its all mainly suburb stuff. You are close enough to drive up to Addison which has some cool restaurants and bars but if you're looking for sites, it depends what you're wanting to do.

Whisky Dog
07-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Yeah if you're staying by Galleria the two places to go are Addison for on Beltline Drive for the Black Finn, Trulucks, Duke's etc.

Also go east on 635 from that Galleria area to Greenville then south until you get past Mockingbird. There's some good stuff there - Libertine Bar, Stan's Bluenote, glorias, Some pretty good pizza and beer at Greenville Ave Pizza Company.

There's several hotels around Galleria, there's a Sheraton Ive stayed at that was pretty good.

tlongII
07-23-2010, 04:26 PM
I'm not going to be driving around in the evening since I'll be drinking. I'm hoping there are some decent bars in the Galleria area.

G-Nob
07-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Meh. All I can say, man, is galleria aint that big of a deal. If you're looking to drink and walk around stay downtown and take the free trolley to mckinney ave. Its a lot of fun.

tlongII
07-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Meh. All I can say, man, is galleria aint that big of a deal. If you're looking to drink and walk around stay downtown and take the free trolley to mckinney ave. Its a lot of fun.

What section of town would that be when you use hotwire.com?

Ditty
07-23-2010, 05:17 PM
you will be the first trailblazer fan in texas

ChumpDumper
07-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Take a lot of money.

tlongII
07-23-2010, 05:29 PM
you will be the first trailblazer fan in texas

I've been in Texas before. I saw the Blazers play the Spurs in the Hemisfair back in 93 or 94.

tlongII
07-23-2010, 06:02 PM
I booked a room in the Sheraton in downtown Dallas. Hopefully that works.

bigzak25
07-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Tlong, can you please write "Redskins, XLV Champs!" on the wall while there.

Thanks. :toast

Cant_Be_Faded
07-23-2010, 08:36 PM
You'll be better off staying in Dallas than staying in the area of the stadium if you want to go party and shit afterwards.

The only thing around the stadium is dive bars and a Hooters

tlongII
07-23-2010, 08:52 PM
You'll be better off staying in Dallas than staying in the area of the stadium if you want to go party and shit afterwards.

Dude let me know if you know of any good bars around there. The address is 400 Olive St I think...

mrsmaalox
07-24-2010, 12:03 AM

So he'll be able to party and shit in Dallas? Cool :tu

Findog
07-24-2010, 10:37 PM

Or go to Ft. Worth.

Findog
07-24-2010, 10:39 PM
I booked a room in the Sheraton in downtown Dallas. Hopefully that works.

There is absolutely no nightlife of any kind in downtown Dallas. I work in downtown. Trust me, there's no reason at all to be there after 6 pm.* You will have to go to Uptown, Knox/Henderson, Exposition Boulevard by Fair Park next to the Cotton Bowl, or Bishop Arts if you crave any sort of nightlife. Avoid Deep Ellum (not that safe) or West End (lame tourist trap).

* Well, not totally true, there is 1920 Elm and Plush if you are African-American.

tlongII
07-24-2010, 11:09 PM
There is absolutely no nightlife of any kind in downtown Dallas. I work in downtown. Trust me, there's no reason at all to be there after 6 pm.* You will have to go to Uptown, Knox/Henderson, Exposition Boulevard by Fair Park next to the Cotton Bowl, or Bishop Arts if you crave any sort of nightlife. Avoid Deep Ellum (not that safe) or West End (lame tourist trap).

* Well, not totally true, there is 1920 Elm and Plush if you are African-American.

Well fuck. I've already paid for the room. :depressed

Findog
07-24-2010, 11:16 PM
Well fuck. I've already paid for the room. :depressed

If you can rescind your reservation, stay at the Belmont instead:

http://www.belmontdallas.com/

It's worth going there and having a drink on the patio. Cabs are also cheap, and Uptown is not far from your hotel on the other side of Woodall Rodgers. The #21 bus has stops not far from the Sheraton and goes directly into Uptown. The crowds are kind of douchey, but they have some cool bars.

Findog
07-24-2010, 11:16 PM
deep ellum ain't really all that bad (nothing like accidentally stumbling across oak cliff) and there's a lot to do there. i think you'd be fine if you are just somewhat careful

North Oak Cliff, ala the Bishop Arts District, is as safe as Lower Greenville or Knox/Henderson.

tlongII
07-25-2010, 12:20 AM
If you can rescind your reservation, stay at the Belmont instead:

http://www.belmontdallas.com/

It's worth going there and having a drink on the patio. Cabs are also cheap, and Uptown is not far from your hotel on the other side of Woodall Rodgers. The #21 bus has stops not far from the Sheraton and goes directly into Uptown. The crowds are kind of douchey, but they have some cool bars.

I can't rescind it. I bought the room via hotwire.com.