PDA

View Full Version : It pays to have affairs when you are an athlete

ambchang
07-23-2010, 09:59 AM
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Tiger-Woods-now-tied-with-Kobe-Bryant-as-most-po?urn=golf,257341

LOL, Kobe and Tiger tied for #1 in popularity, with the author citing Tiger's infidelity caused his drop in popularity.

Seems like people just plain forgot about the rape allegations, the $4 mil ring, and all of that drama half a decade ago.

But then I ask, if supposed sports fans can't remember something that was plastered all over the news board a mere 6 years ago, how in the world could they remember how well Jordan played in his prime? Or how Magic and Bird dominated the league for a decade?

No wonder people are comparing 2nd rated superstars like Kobe, Wade and Lebron to all-time greats like Magic, Bird and Jordan.

Giuseppe
07-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Seems like people just plain forgot about the rape allegations

Your fellow Neal there will help refresh the rape allegations, eh?

Welcome to the club, amb!

tee, hee.

JamStone
07-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Or maybe it's not about remembering/forgetting. Maybe it's more about more and more people not determining whether they like an athlete or not by what he does in his personal life, but rather on the field or court or course.

And maybe you forgot that Michael Jordan was an asshole, a chronic gambler, and habitual adulterer himself and those things didn't stop him from becoming the most popular athlete in the world.

And maybe you forgot that Magic had a Wilt Chamberlain-lite type of resume when it came to sexual escapades and had the HIV virus and was still wildly popular.

Seems like you skew your opinion on Tiger and Kobe using poor examples.

SomeCallMeTim
07-23-2010, 10:58 AM
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Tiger-Woods-now-tied-with-Kobe-Bryant-as-most-po?urn=golf,257341

LOL, Kobe and Tiger tied for #1 in popularity, with the author citing Tiger's infidelity caused his drop in popularity.

Are you unaware your subject line and very first sentence are in total contradiction, or is this an intentional exercise in irony?

cheguevara
07-23-2010, 11:56 AM
lol calling a rape an "affair"

Giuseppe
07-23-2010, 12:00 PM
...Neal too!

jejejeje!!!

Giuseppe
07-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Good snoopin', Luva!:lmao

Veterinarian
07-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Hey, if anybody knows about chasing pussy its luva. I'll bet that pigger schtick works great on the babes.

Giuseppe
07-23-2010, 12:14 PM
:toast

Those fucking fairies upstairs are better than Catholic Priest's when trying to hide their transgressions.

You caught 'em, Luva!

Zelophehad
07-23-2010, 12:23 PM
You two ladies having fun in your little conversation?

cheguevara
07-23-2010, 12:25 PM
save the flirting for PM faggot lakerfans

ambchang
07-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Or maybe it's not about remembering/forgetting. Maybe it's more about more and more people not determining whether they like an athlete or not by what he does in his personal life, but rather on the field or court or course.

And maybe you forgot that Michael Jordan was an asshole, a chronic gambler, and habitual adulterer himself and those things didn't stop him from becoming the most popular athlete in the world.

And maybe you forgot that Magic had a Wilt Chamberlain-lite type of resume when it came to sexual escapades and had the HIV virus and was still wildly popular.

Perhaps I wasn't being clear.

People saying Tiger dropped in popularity because of infidelity, and then have Kobe increase in popularity despite his infidelity speaks to only one thing, people forget.

Under the same train of thought, people only compare Kobe to greats like Jordan, Magic and Bird because they forgot how great those players really were back in the day.

ambchang
07-23-2010, 12:39 PM
Are you unaware your subject line and very first sentence are in total contradiction, or is this an intentional exercise in irony?

And yet both are #1.

JamStone
07-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Perhaps I wasn't being clear.

People saying Tiger dropped in popularity because of infidelity, and then have Kobe increase in popularity despite his infidelity speaks to only one thing, people forget.

Under the same train of thought, people only compare Kobe to greats like Jordan, Magic and Bird because they forgot how great those players really were back in the day.

Perhaps it has nothing to do with "forgetting."

Perhaps it has to do with infidelities not having to do with popularity as much as some people think. Not that it doesn't influence popularity at all. But I don't think "forgetting" alleged sexual assault. Perhaps it's the fact that Kobe is a winner again. Perhaps it's Tigers hasn't been winning tournaments, much less majors, and finally has been caught from behind when leading after three rounds of a major. Tiger is no longer untouchable on or off the golf course. I'm sure some of it has to do with his infidelities. I'm also sure if he was still winning majors, his popularity wouldn't have dropped as much.

Perhaps the popularity of an athlete is more tied with winning than with forgetting about personal transgressions.

ploto
07-23-2010, 02:27 PM
I don't think most male sports fans care if male athletes cheat on their wives.

Blake
07-23-2010, 02:32 PM

Seems like people just plain forgot about the rape allegations, the $4 mil ring, and all of that drama half a decade ago.

But then I ask, if supposed sports fans can't remember something that was plastered all over the news board a mere 6 years ago, how in the world could they remember how well Jordan played in his prime? Or how Magic and Bird dominated the league for a decade?

No wonder people are comparing 2nd rated superstars like Kobe, Wade and Lebron to all-time greats like Magic, Bird and Jordan.

Tiger lost $20+ million in annual earnings after this affair because he lost a large number of endorsements.

Kobe lost his McDonald's deal after his affair.

It clearly does not pay for an athlete to have an affair.

Good thread. :tu

Giuseppe
07-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Kobe also lost his $29.95 stipend from Nutella.

Pepe'sTowing
07-23-2010, 05:34 PM
:toast

Those fucking fairies upstairs are better than Catholic Priest's when trying to hide their transgressions.

But you fail to hide your maricon sinful ways from my Gina because you forget to wash the Kool-Aid from your pepito.

Hahahaha. I have my Gina back, and since she no longer wants your small dick, she start making the big tacos again.

Trainwreck2100
07-23-2010, 05:43 PM

MJ was OG he fucked around and gave his bitch a shitload of money to hit the curb. Tiger and Kobe should be ridiculed, cause they were stupid enough to get married

Giuseppe
07-23-2010, 05:46 PM
MJ was OG he fucked around and gave his bitch a shitload of money to hit the curb. Tiger and Kobe should be ridiculed, cause they were stupid enough to get married

But, outta the three only Kobe kept all his money.

Trainwreck2100
07-23-2010, 05:51 PM
But, outta the three only Kobe kept all his money.

It's a freedom tax, last i checked kobe spent 4 mil on a fucking rock.

Giuseppe
07-23-2010, 05:55 PM
It's a freedom tax, last i checked kobe spent 4 mil on a fucking rock.

But, he bought said rock BEFORE he busted that's girl's brownie in Colorado.

DMX7
07-23-2010, 06:02 PM
What a stupid thread.

Giuseppe
07-23-2010, 06:04 PM
Consider the author.

Dr House
07-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Consider the author.

It was nice seeing you at the bar the other day bro.

But, who were those 12 year old boys that you had with you? Why were they ball gagged?

Giuseppe
07-23-2010, 06:09 PM
It was nice seeing you at the bar the other day bro.

& you looked adorable in your chaps, uh,,,,,,,sweetheart.