clambake
07-23-2010, 04:29 PM
summary?

panic giraffe
07-23-2010, 04:35 PM
summary?

he smokes too much weed.

thats the summary.

just some tin foil ron paul shit about how the guy who wrote the wizard of oz predicted the global economic meltdown.

nothing to see here.

Parker2112
07-23-2010, 04:42 PM
The Wizard of Oz was written to show us the solution to inflation recession cycles with banking industry as the controller of the cycles.

Solution: End the Fed. Put the power to issue currency in govt hands, so that issuing currency wont directly result in increasing national debt.

Issuing currency now ='s borrowing by the federal govt. from private banking institutions.

If the gov issues its own currency, we remove the borrowing, and the burden on the American people to pay interest on perpetual debt that will never be repaid.

e.g. in 2009, we spent 700 billion on interest on the national debt. Dept of Homeland budget =50 billion. Dept of education budget = 65 billion. In other words, the debt thats killing us comes from interest payments to the banking institutions that print our currency. Those in control of our currency are removing capital from our economy, and killing our quality of life.

The example of a govt bank in the film is North Dakota state bank. They capitalize needs of the citizens, keeping quality of life high through free flowing capital, while controling inflation through removal of currency as required. All without strapping future generations with massive state debt.

They have a 3.8 percent unemployment rate currently.

!

Parker2112
07-23-2010, 04:44 PM
he smokes too much weed.

thats the summary.

just some tin foil ron paul shit about how the guy who wrote the wizard of oz predicted the global economic meltdown.

nothing to see here.

You have no clue what its about. Just go watch the damn thing. Or shut the fuck up. If you assume you have a clue, you will never actually get a clue.

Funny how that works. :downspin:

Parker2112
07-23-2010, 04:49 PM
It also says that the gold standard is simply a way for the banking industry to put a tight grip on the issuance of currency, thus is it a way to freeze the capital in an economy and send it into a recession/depression at the will of the banks...at which time they grab hold of massive amounts of wealth through repossession remedies.

panic giraffe
07-23-2010, 04:52 PM
not that i don't have a clue. read the whole oz as a allegory or metaphor for the economic climate of the time theory in middle school. just doesn't directly affect me. i'm employed. no real debt besides student loans. i'll be fine. could care less about the gold standard and the national debt and what have you. guess i'm just apathetic. when this country wipes itself out, it'll be replaced with a equally shitty country.

watch the movie with dark side of the moon, you'll probably make a better thread.

Parker2112
07-23-2010, 04:53 PM
The main point of the film: We dont need to borrow to issue currency...the govts, both federal and state, have the power under the constitution, to issue sufficient currency to keep their economies liquid. To keep industry funded. to keep the workforce employed. to allow states to provide services/infrastructure for their constituents.

Parker2112
07-23-2010, 04:56 PM
not that i don't have a clue. read the whole oz as a allegory or metaphor for the economic climate of the time theory in middle school. just doesn't directly affect me. i'm employed. no real debt besides student loans. i'll be fine. could care less about the gold standard and the national debt and what have you. guess i'm just apathetic. when this country wipes itself out, it'll be replaced with a equally shitty country.

watch the movie with dark side of the moon, you'll probably make a better thread.

Like people arent losing jobs? You think your position is recession proof?

Dont be a fool. besides the fact that thinking like that ensures that future generations will be strapped with interest payments for eons...

And by the way, I dont smoke dope.

Parker2112
07-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Look, spurs talk posters, this film is a must see. And Ron Paul never made an appearance.

panic giraffe
07-23-2010, 05:01 PM
well you should.

seriously though, i do think we need to return to being more of a society based on production instead of service. if it were up to me there would be huge tariffs on foreign goods, and huge tax incentives for companies that produce in the US. even the foreign owned ones, ala toyota's business model, as long as the workers spend their money here i could care less who keeps the profits or the immigration status of those workers. that in itself would radically shift our economy around, because those service sectors would be getting a huge raise and then be right back to buying more shit the domestic producers will be making.

even if those goods are "dope"

CosmicCowboy
07-23-2010, 05:02 PM
It lost me at the 5 minute long FBI warning not to copy the TAPE LOL.

Parker2112
07-23-2010, 05:04 PM
This film actually mentions the tariff issue as a red herring used by bankers in the late 1800's to keep citizens fixed on unimportant issues, and keep them in possession of the currency.

Consider yourself a sheep from way back.

Parker2112
07-23-2010, 05:05 PM
It lost me at the 5 minute long FBI warning not to copy the TAPE LOL.

I'm sure you get lost on the "two scoops of raisins" part of your raisin bran box too...:lol

panic giraffe
07-23-2010, 05:06 PM
This film actually mentions the tariff issue as a red herring used by bankers in the late 1800's to keep citizens fixed on unimportant issues, and keep them in possession of the currency.

he smokes too much weed.

I'm sorry, i meant meth, and thats made right here in the good ole u s of fucking a.

Parker2112
07-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Funny how neither one of you two "commentators" has touched any of the issues in my well-said summary of the film.

Your too busy with the random thoughts tinking around in your own respective empty heads. It is precisely that phenomena that keeps our population powerless to direct it's own government's policies.

panic giraffe
07-23-2010, 05:28 PM
um, i stated the exact same things you did.

Parker2112
07-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Solution: End the Fed. Put the power to issue currency in govt hands, so that issuing currency wont directly result in increasing national debt.

='s

huge tariffs on foreign goods, and huge tax incentives for companies that produce in the US. ?

panic giraffe
07-23-2010, 06:14 PM
could care less about the gold standard

It also says that the gold standard is simply a way for the banking industry to put a tight grip on the issuance of currency, thus is it a way to freeze the capital in an economy and send it into a recession/depression at the will of the banks...at which time they grab hold of massive amounts of wealth through repossession remedies.

Solution: End the Fed.
!

just some tin foil ron paul shit

Parker2112
07-23-2010, 06:17 PM
What are you, like 19 years old?

panic giraffe
07-23-2010, 06:19 PM
because i posted the same thing as you? sad.

Parker2112
07-23-2010, 06:22 PM

does not =

Originally Posted by panic giraffe http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4534093#post4534093)
huge tariffs on foreign goods, and huge tax incentives for companies that produce in the US.

I was just referring to how fast the ADD got you off topic. And the lack of reading comp in trying to find the two main ideas in those posts.

Parker2112
07-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Sounds like somebody didnt get their money's worth from those online courses at UTSA.

panic giraffe
07-23-2010, 06:44 PM
online courses? huh? stop smoking meth.

Parker2112
07-23-2010, 06:59 PM
online courses? huh? stop smoking meth.

The constant drug reference/avoidance of material issues/lack of depth of argument/base attempts at insult give you away as having a juvenile mentality. I guess that actually says nothing about your age though.

spursncowboys
07-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Parker reminds me of the freshman kid in college who takes everything their professor tells them as 100% fact. Then you think no one else knows this great piece of info. So it is your civic duty to inform us no-nothing average americans.

Parker2112
07-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Again: Did anyone actually watch this?

Parker2112
07-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Parker reminds me of the freshman kid in college who takes everything their professor tells them as 100% fact. Then you think no one else knows this great piece of info. So it is your civic duty to inform us no-nothing average americans.

Hence the big question mark in the Title, lol...

I was so sure I am the only one who knows this "great piece of info" I started out clueless? Maybe you already have your mind made up about me, and you cant see the contradictions with those assumptions right in front of your damn face, fool...:lol

Wasnt there an article about that a week or so ago? :downspin:

Parker2112
07-23-2010, 07:26 PM
I was actually hoping one of you know-it-all mofos would pick it apart with some credible criticisms...the best you all could do was ask for a summary, and personally attack me.

Sounds like the dumbed-down electorate is alive and well.

LnGrrrR
07-23-2010, 09:42 PM
You know, I used to think Ron Paul was a dumbass for focusing so much on the gold standard.

Ok, he is kinda a dumbass for focusing on that, as it doesn't translate well with voters. But on the actual issue, the financial people can't seem to agree what the fuck to do with a damn economy. I'm also tempted to just try out his method, for all its faults (and there are big ones, don't get me wrong. The gold standard is not a magic fix-all.)

Even if we WENT to his method, I'm not sure if gold would be a good neutral to base other prices off of.

I voted for Obama, but if I'd known he would be so crappy on civil liberties, I would've voted Ron Paul, crazy though he is. Even if he does think atheists are out to destroy Christmas. :lol

ElNono
07-23-2010, 10:18 PM
TBH, plenty of countries collapsed because the govt had the money printing machine under their control. What ends up happening is that politicos start thinking they have the free money machine, the currency dilutes to a level that you have to go through an hyper-inflationary crisis that basically collapses your economy before you come out on the other side.

While I'm no fan of the completely unregulated Fed that we have, this borrowing system does provide an accountability aspect to the political class that's important to have. Every check we cut to pay interest on the debt is a good reminder that we're spending too much, and that money isn't 'free'.

SnakeBoy
07-23-2010, 11:25 PM
What are you, like 19 years old?

What are you, like 12 years old and just found out about the political allegory in the Oz?

angrydude
07-23-2010, 11:29 PM
old news is old.

SnakeBoy
07-23-2010, 11:37 PM
The Wizard of Oz was written to show us the solution to inflation recession cycles with banking industry as the controller of the cycles.

From wiki

Historians and economists who read the original 1900 book as a political allegory interpret the Tin Woodman as the dehumanized industrial worker, badly mistreated by the Wicked Witch of the East who rules Munchkin Country before the cyclone creates a political revolution and kills her. The Woodman is rusted and helpless—ineffective until he starts to work together with the Scarecrow (the farmer), in a Farmer-Labor coalition that was much discussed in the 1890s, which culminated in the Farmer-Labor Party in Minnesota (which still exists today as the Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party).

The Oz is god damn communism!

Parker2112
07-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Its frustrating dealing with the posters on this site most days. You guys spout out your preconcieved notions and the shit you already believe, and you refuse to ask questions. You mofos know it all already. Or you find a small blurb on wikipedia and twist it up to conform to your condemnation of things you dont understand.

This film condemns the gold standard as completely unworkable, and contrary to the interests of the citizens. Watch the film.

Dont be afraid to keep asking questions.

Dont think you know every fucking thing.

Wake up sheep. (Except El Nono. I appreciate your take.)

Parker2112
07-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Personally, I am constantly challenging theories, trying to integrate new knowledge. I understand the necessisty for learning, the value of growth. I dont mind taking new ideas, challenging myself to either debunk them or integrate them into my own view.

You mofos need to try it.

Parker2112
07-24-2010, 12:35 AM
What are you, like 12 years old and just found out about the political allegory in the Oz?

The panic dude did exactly what you did...he jumped in spouting off his pre-concieved b/s, not bothering to consider what was being presented for his consideration.

The two of you are two peas, honestly, and as for you you have no fucking idea what the tin man allegory was all about. Wikipedia just made you sound like a dumbass, :toast.

Who says technology isnt grand? :lol

Nbadan
07-24-2010, 01:43 AM
As a general rule, assume that wing-nuts have a short attention span or they would have finished college - so, the longer the video, the less likely they are to watch and the more likely they are to make ass hat judgments.....I've watched some of the video but it's really choppy for me to the point were it's annoying...anyone else having this issue?

Nbadan
07-24-2010, 01:58 AM
So far, its a lot of what already has been posted in this forum in many threads about the debt mixed in with wing-nut commentary about doom and gloom..

Veterinarian
07-24-2010, 03:39 AM
Anybody see that Oz remake/sequel with Fairuza Balk as a little kid in the 80s? Boy that sucked.

spursncowboys
07-24-2010, 08:56 AM
You know, I used to think Ron Paul was a dumbass for focusing so much on the gold standard.

Ok, he is kinda a dumbass for focusing on that, as it doesn't translate well with voters. But on the actual issue, the financial people can't seem to agree what the fuck to do with a damn economy. I'm also tempted to just try out his method, for all its faults (and there are big ones, don't get me wrong. The gold standard is not a magic fix-all.)

Even if we WENT to his method, I'm not sure if gold would be a good neutral to base other prices off of.

I voted for Obama, but if I'd known he would be so crappy on civil liberties, I would've voted Ron Paul, crazy though he is. Even if he does think atheists are out to destroy Christmas. :lol

because of how over printed the dollar is, we would collapse if we went back on the gold standard. we could make montetarist policy that increases with an annual rate.

spursncowboys
07-24-2010, 08:56 AM
then again why take away politician's ability to promise the world to get elected.

spursncowboys
07-24-2010, 08:57 AM
we would lose the entire dem party and all the rhinos.

panic giraffe
07-24-2010, 12:09 PM
The panic dude did exactly what you did...he jumped in spouting off his pre-concieved b/s, not bothering to consider what was being presented for his consideration.

The two of you are two peas, honestly, and as for you you have no fucking idea what the tin man allegory was all about. Wikipedia just made you sound like a dumbass, :toast.

pre-conceived? i actually watched the shit.

panic giraffe
07-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Anybody see that Oz remake/sequel with Fairuza Balk as a little kid in the 80s? Boy that sucked.

nothing with fairuza balk could suck. i would have to see.
those eyes man. they burn your soul.

Parker2112
07-24-2010, 01:56 PM
pre-conceived? i actually watched the shit.

Where did yu get tariffs from the film? the only time it was talked abut was when it was revealed that that was simply the red herring of the day...much like abortion and immigration are today.

Those issues are meant to polarize the electorate, to divide and conquer as they say...to keep us completely preoccupied while they swindle max profits from our currency and shoot banker-splooge on our collective backsides.

panic giraffe
07-24-2010, 03:21 PM
i didn't get tariffs from the film. i said i was all for tariffs so that we could force consumers to buy american.

agreed about abortion and immigration. i even agree that its all a game for the rich and powerful to become more rich and powerful. i just said that i no longer care. until our eventual collapse and the american economic ghandi is found afterwards, i will just happily pay my bills/taxes/etc, and go on with life. no need for the tin foil hat.

Winehole23
07-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Look, spurs talk posters, this film is a must see. And Ron Paul never made an appearance.It didn't want to load for me, so I'm relying on whatever's said here to get my bearings.

Sounds like Mises theory of credit cycles is cited; sounds like hard money as a tool of the money masters to create artificial scarcity receives emphasis over the role of commodity-backed money as a restrainer of debt and a store of value.

What else?

Parker2112
07-24-2010, 04:32 PM
It didn't want to load for me, so I'm relying on whatever's said here to get my bearings.

Sounds like Mises theory of credit cycles is cited; sounds like hard money as a tool of the money masters to create artificial scarcity receives emphasis over the role of commodity-backed money as a restrainer of debt and a store of value.

What else?

My synopsis:
The film's narrator advocates a currency which is in the sole control of the US congress, whereby allowing us to print money without having to borrow and pay interest to anyone. A bank of the US, with "greenbacks" backed by nothing but US's word, and under which currency is kept flowing sufficient to keep markets liquid and quality of living sufficient for all classes, and with currency limited to keep inflation down. Like the state bank of North Dakota operates currently. (3.4-3.8 unemployment rate in ND)

Gold standard's utility is a lie, driven by misinformation/ fear mongering by bankers who want control over the economy's cycles, and the profits that flow from that power.

We cant seem to keep bankers away from the currency over history, where they swarm like flies to interst earnings in excess of 1000% (when they are in control of the money printing). Without this system, we could print money free from borrowing and free from interest payments which, in the film's view, will destroy the country in the coming decades.

All this was incorporated, through symbolism, into the Wizard of Oz. Yellow brick road, silver slippers, the scarecrow was the farmer's who marched on Washington in the 1890's, tin man was industry which seized up due to a loss in liquidity, Lion was William Jennings Bryan, an advocate of incorporating silver into the gold std, which would have taken the currency out of the sole control of bankers.

And dorothy had the power to return back to the farm all along, as we have the power to return our economy back to prosperity, by booting banks from our system of currency.

Winehole, I would be very interested to get your take if you do get a chance to watch the film. I did get it to load again today so you might try it again at some point.

Wild Cobra
07-25-2010, 10:16 AM
You have no clue what its about. Just go watch the damn thing. Or shut the fuck up. If you assume you have a clue, you will never actually get a clue.

Funny how that works. :downspin:
I think he meant you smoke too much weed, and i agree.

Wild Cobra
07-25-2010, 10:19 AM

That does it. i don't even want to see that garbage if it doesn't address the constitutional purpose of tariffs.

SnakeBoy
07-25-2010, 11:08 PM

Apparently not grand enough to fix your sarcasm meter.

And you're right, I didn't watch it. Judging from all the other crap you post (like an hours worth of Ron Paul vids) I feel safe in assuming this is equally irrelevant.