PDA

View Full Version : Spurs to miss 2011 NBA Playoffs....

Canibspur
07-23-2010, 01:53 PM
Didnt see this posted yet, and I do not agree with it. But if youre bored at work like me, feel free to read.

"At the start of 2008 the Spurs were one year removed from being crowned NBA Champions. They have lost key championship run players in Robert Horry, Brent Barry, and Beno Udrih, while Bruce Bowen was already indicating his retirement."

More Bullshit here!!! (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/423629-the-end-of-an-era-why-the-san-antonio-spurs-will-miss-the-2011-playoffs)

tdunk21
07-23-2010, 01:59 PM
its bleacher report....

Canibspur
07-23-2010, 02:04 PM
yeah youre right. but our offseason moves are pretty much done unless somehow theres a trade that goes down.... we all know there are enough trade threads out there....

just a change of pace.

Texas_Ranger
07-23-2010, 02:13 PM
:lol

Budkin
07-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Miss Playoffs? :lmao

Texas_Ranger
07-23-2010, 02:16 PM
Duncan is older, Manu is older.... Fuck this bullshit. It's like other players on other teams don't age. You stupid motherfucker. Go write something else you pathetic bitch.

4>0rings
07-23-2010, 02:19 PM
We won 50 games and was the 7th seed, it's not to far off from the truth.

xellos88330
07-23-2010, 02:35 PM
I don't think the Spurs will miss the playoffs this year. There really are no facts to back up his argument. It is simply an opinion that is not supported by facts.

I do however agree that there are many questions surrounding the Spurs capabilities these days. People have been saying that the Spurs wouldn't have it for a few years now, and they have all been proven wrong. I am looking forward to them proving the "experts" wrong. Again.

spurs10
07-23-2010, 02:51 PM
He starts to backpedal immediately in his responses to other letters saying the article is about the possibility of them not making the playoffs. He says " the Spurs will not make the 2011 NBA Playoffs". Wonder how much he'd bet on that outcome? 10 grands? A thousand bucks? My guess is not much, as he comes off as some kind of professional troll in the article. :flag:

m33p0
07-23-2010, 07:51 PM
he's a mavfan... don't be surprised. i'm pretty sure he locked himself up in his room and cried himself to sleep for 2 weeks after the Spurs curbstomped his team.

spursbird
07-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Will not happen. Duncan and Manu will not let that happen.

Hooks
07-23-2010, 08:00 PM

The additions of Splitter, Anderson, and the improvements of Hill and Blair along with a healthy Parker should get us more wins next year. Hill looks like he's gonna be really good.

Don't forget, Parker only played 56 games last year and Duncan sat out a few games which I think we lost.

Oh and by us adding Splitter and Anderson we're pretty much adding two lottery pick players, they're not scrubs at all and should be able to make an impact.

I also forgot about Finley, he certainly contributed to our losses, the Spurs are a much better team without him.

Cane
07-23-2010, 08:03 PM
The article's written by a Mavs fan FWIW.

Cane
07-23-2010, 08:07 PM
It seems like the author wrote this article to follow up another blog entry where he didn't write a single reason why the Spurs would miss the playoffs :downspin: : http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159391

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/users/photos/000/009/217/andy_crop_257x257.jpg?1267716505

Hi, my name is Andrew, and I am a die-hard NBA fanatic. I have been following the NBA since my early years and hope to keep following it for years to come.

I commonly follow underdog teams with young talent. I like to make bold predictions and explore trade scenarios that would benefit all teams involved.

I hope you enjoy my postings as much as I enjoyed writing them.

Andy
---
Favorite Athletes
Dirk Nowitzki, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, Peyton Manning

Favorite Sports Teams
Dallas Mavericks, OKC Thunder, Indianapolis Colts, Indiana Pacers

Most Memorable Game Attended
Dirk Nowitzkis buzzer beater March 20th against Pacers for 94-92 win

http://bleacherreport.com/users/9217-andrew-pierluissi

:flag:

jason1301
07-23-2010, 08:14 PM
The Western Conference will once again be reserved for teams that get close to the 50-win mark. While the Spurs have the ability to get it done, there are many “ifs” that can prevent this from happening. They will need a healthy Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili, a refreshed Tony Parker, a more experienced George Hill, and a rejuvenated Richard Jefferson, and an NBA ready Tiago Splitter, not to mention a steadily improving bench.

in 2009-10

TD wasn't healthy
Manu not healthy
TP not healthy
G Hill not experienced
RJ wasn't rejuvanated
Splitter was playing in Europe
We made it to the second round

this guy must be an idiot.

elemento
07-23-2010, 08:21 PM
mav butthurt fan. what else can we say about this moron ?

Agloco
07-23-2010, 09:01 PM

It's the wins and losses you need to look at, not the seeding. We won 50. In order to have not made the playoffs, the Spurs would have needed to lose 8 more games (the ninth seed was Houston at 42-40). That's quite far from not making the playoffs.

ThaBigFundamental21
07-23-2010, 10:33 PM
We get it, Duncan is older, Manu is older, bother will likely be a step slower, and a little worse. What is good for San Antonio, a healthy Parker is a good thing, Splitter is at the worst size for San Antonio, but will almost certainly be so much more. Hill will likely be even better in his 3rd year, Blair should be better in his 2nd year. Anderson will be an instant upgrade. And we have a lot of new young faces on the team in general. And if the reports are true, Pop worked with Jefferson this summer, I think RJ will be much better in our system. I will put the Spurs down for 54 wins, and the 4 seed.

Bito Corleone
07-23-2010, 11:50 PM
I'd say the Spurs' chances of making the playoffs next year outweigh the chances that Dallas ever wins a championship.

stephena
11-24-2010, 06:51 AM
Well, that's such a classic mid-July article written by a wannabe basketball expert, his arguments and predictions are just plain stupid. You just have to look at the stats, the Spurs are No. 1 in the Western Conference and will surely make it to the 2011 NBA play-offs (http://plaza.ufl.edu/fabiann/nba-playoffs-2010.html). I have stopped reading such pre-season articles by so-called experts, people that make predictions like these aren't worth my time.

elemento
11-24-2010, 06:56 AM
epic fail :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

jestersmash
11-24-2010, 07:39 AM
He ate crow and admitted he was wrong. Here are his followups

Nah I think it is pretty clear I have been proven wrong. They have been dominating even with Duncan playing alimited minutes with limited production. I am very impressed and they will surely make the playoffs. They wont kep that pace against better competition, but they will surely make it.

Hey sorry I have not been writing a whole lot lately and I just came across your message. The Spurs are having a very nice start to the season. At first I thought it was a product of playing bad teams, but beating Orlando was a huge statement. they seem to be for real. Hopefully they keep it up and avoid injuries.

jestersmash
11-24-2010, 07:45 AM
He only ate crow after 12-1. While the Spurs went 8-0 against scrubs, he still was (implicitly) toying with the idea that the Spurs might miss the playoffs, as indicated by this comment -

Hey hold your horses, the Spurs eight wins are against teams with a combined record of 27-53. But I have to agree, they are looking good. The west might be heavier than we all expected though with NOLA and GSW making a strong case for a playoff seed.

Apparently when we were 8-0, by virtue of the spurs' relatively poor strength of schedule this 8 win streak wasn't quite enough to supplant his initial assertion that the Spurs will miss the playoffs, and yet the golden state warriors with their thoroughly imperfect record apparently looked more promising to him.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry, and I find the nonchalant nature of his followups to be laughable. I surely won't be reading his work anymore because I'm convinced that he has nothing interesting nor insightful to say.

z0sa
11-24-2010, 07:59 AM
Wow, this guy is one of the biggest dumbasses alive.

AlleyOopNazi
11-24-2010, 09:35 AM
yea he's gotten grilled in a few threads for this lol. HOMERREPORT

etbluffer
11-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Isn't this the same guy who wrote about the Y2K Disaster?

jimo2305
11-24-2010, 12:34 PM
well why doesn't he freakin write an article about how great the spurs are this season then..

jag
11-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Hi, my name is Andrew, and I am a die-hard NBA fanatic. I have been following the NBA since my early years and hope to keep following it for years to come.

I commonly follow underdog teams with young talent. I like to make bold predictions and explore trade scenarios that would benefit all teams involved.

:lmao You and ever other blogger on the internets

DieHardSpursFan1537
11-24-2010, 01:41 PM
I like how Bleacher Report wrote the article before the season even started. :lol

rjv
11-24-2010, 02:31 PM
is this the same bleacher report that picked the longhorns to win the big XII this year ?