PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Libertarians nominate “Nobody” for Governor

Galileo
07-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Wisconsin Libertarians nominate “Nobody” for Governor

by Clifford F. Thies, Senior Editor

This year’s Libertarian Party ticket for Governor and Lt. Governor of Wisconsin are nobody for Governor and somebody for Lt. Governor. Pretty ingenious move by the Libertarians, who always run behind “None of the Above” in Nevada where state law requires this option be available to voters. Obviously, nobody is the least of three or more evils!

This reminds me of Karl Hess’s answer, a few years ago, to the question, who would make a better President, H.L. Menchen or Murray Rothbard, to which Hess replied, why, Menchen, of course, he’s dead! (Now, sadly, all three are equally qualified for the job.)

It also reminds me of a note tacked on the kitchen door at the church of which I am a member: When ANYBODY can do a job, EVERYBODY will assume that SOMEBODY will, and NOBODY will do it.

And, the scene in The Odyssey, where Jason tells the Cyclops that his name is “Nobody.” Then, after Jason pokes out the Cyclops’ eye, the Cyclops cries out to his brother Cyclops, “‘Nobody’ has poked out my eye.,” leaving his brother befuddled as to what happened or didn’t happen.

Editor’s Note - Cliff Thies is the former National Treasurer for the Libertarian Party, and ran as the Libertarian candidate for US Senate in Montana in 1984.

http://www.fontcraft.com/liberty/?p=25856

:lmao

Wild Cobra
07-24-2010, 10:23 AM
I wish all elections had the "none of the above" required. If that option wins, then more acceptable candidates to the voters would have to run.

boutons_deux
07-24-2010, 10:30 AM
"more acceptable candidates to the voters"

As George Carlin said so eloquently, the US has the politicians and candidates it deserves.

And no matter who wins (who spends the most wins 90% of the time, elections are just another product on the market), he will be corrupted by voting what's best for the coporate/capitalist donations to his next campaign rather than voting what his constituents want.

But continue in your fantasy that the fucked USA is unfuckable.