PDA

View Full Version : Resolution Green-Lighting Israeli Strikes on Iran Introduced by House Republicans

boutons_deux
07-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Resolution Green-Lighting Israeli Strikes on Iran Introduced by House Republicans

Republicans in the House of Representatives have introduced a measure that would green-light an Israeli bombing campaign against Iran. The resolution, H.Res. 1553 (in full below), provides explicit support for military strikes against Iran, stating that Congress supports Israel's use of "all means necessary" against Iran "including the use of military force". US military leaders have warned that strikes could be catastrophic to US national security interests and could engulf the Middle East in a "calamitous" regional war.

Nearly a third of House Republicans have signed onto the resolution, which has been publicly discussed and circulated by its lead sponsor, Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX), for months.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jamal-abdi/resolution-green-lighting_b_657608.html?view=print

==============

Assholes, every one of them. Legislature doesn't make foreign policy. These assholes just want to keep the MIC rolling in 100s of $Bs now that Iraq is winding down and there is immense pressure on Pentagon to reduce spending.

clambake
07-23-2010, 04:24 PM
did you know that glenn beck just said he doesn't look at women, and he won't watch an R rated movie?

DMX7
07-23-2010, 04:55 PM
It's a combination of the MIC's influence, republican's paranoia and the fact that they can only chug so many jew dicks at one time.

Winehole23
07-23-2010, 04:58 PM
D!ck chugging forum. See ya.

CosmicCowboy
07-23-2010, 06:14 PM
did you know that glenn beck just said he doesn't look at women, and he won't watch an R rated movie?

*sigh* And I thought he was going blind from jacking off...

CosmicCowboy
07-23-2010, 06:18 PM
It's a combination of the MIC's influence, republican's paranoia and the fact that they can only chug so many jew dicks at one time.

Yeah, and Obama jerking off while Iran going nuclear is really promoting peace in the Middle East.

clambake
07-23-2010, 06:32 PM
"W" didn't take care of all that?

CosmicCowboy
07-23-2010, 07:13 PM
"W" didn't take care of all that?

W would certainly support the Israelis if THEY took care of the problem. Unlike Obama.

LnGrrrR
07-23-2010, 07:35 PM
What's the point of "pre-emptive" approval? Certainly, it would be prudent to wait until something actually broke out, THEN determine whether it was worthy of acceptance/praise/blame etc?

bigzak25
07-23-2010, 07:57 PM
If Israel is intent on war, I think America should cut ties with them.

We want peace. We want freedom. We do not want war.

Unfortunately, I feel it is inevitable.

Unless I am mistaken, Obama has not even met with Ahmadinejad and this is something he promised that he would do without any pre-conditions during his campaign.

Mr. President, I think now would be a good time.

DMX7
07-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Yeah, and Obama jerking off while Iran going nuclear is really promoting peace in the Middle East.

Yeah, and preemptively bombing them, which is exactly where this legislation is trying to go, is really going to promote peace in the Middle East.

Israel and the UAE need to fight their own wars. Why do we have to do everything? Is it ever going to stop?

Wild Cobra
07-24-2010, 10:25 AM
Bomb bomb bomb... Bomb bomb Iran...

xu29F8NfRvI

_iKuMVqht4U

ChumpDumper
07-24-2010, 01:44 PM
What will bombing Iran achieve other than giving them more incentive to complete their nuclear weapons program?

boutons_deux
07-24-2010, 02:14 PM
The whole point of war on Iran is to destroy their nuclear capability, just don't contaminate that oil, which is The Real Prize for US neo-con Real Men.

Nbadan
07-24-2010, 07:58 PM
The point of bombing Iran isn't security - Israel is safe from Iranian WMDs....the point is more oilgarchy control over the Iranian oil fields and control of the flow of oil worldwide...

Nbadan
07-24-2010, 08:00 PM
...America cannot afford another war that a) has been shown will not slow down Iran's nuclear ambitions b) makes the situations in Afghanistan and Iraq even more precarious C) profits multinational corporations more than protecting American security...

bigzak25
07-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Sit down at the table and put it in writing that their nuclear capabilities will be for energy only.

Any country that wants nuclear weapons will have them...especially a country where the oil flows and money is abundant.

If Israel can have nuclear capability, then I see no reason for Iran not to.

Israel is the one that openly wants it for WMDs.

Thompson
07-24-2010, 08:23 PM
Their hearts might be in the right place, but I think Israel would prefer them to express their support after the surprise sneak attack. Announcing their support for a surprise sneak attack before it happens is counterproductive.

ElNono
07-24-2010, 08:23 PM
1) Isn't the Executive branch mainly in charge of foreign policy?
2) Why do the US has to 'green-light' anything related to country A bombing country B, when neither country is the US?

Thompson
07-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Sit down at the table and put it in writing that their nuclear capabilities will be for energy only.

Exactly. Having it in writing sure stopped North Korea. Oh wait...

If Israel can have nuclear capability, then I see no reason for Iran not to.

Is it 'unfair' that only the U.S., China, Britain, Israel, Russia, North Korea and a few others have nuclear weapons? Yes- it's also a hell of a lot safer that way. Iran would like Israel to be wiped off the face of the earth. Israel is considered a 'one-nuke country.' Regardless of whether or not you see a reason for Iran not to have one, I think Israel sees plenty of reasons.

Thompson
07-24-2010, 08:35 PM
2) Why do the US has to 'green-light' anything related to country A bombing country B, when neither country is the US?

They don't have to green-light anything- Israel will do what they think they should, regardless of what everyone else thinks (as they did with the Osirak reactor in Iraq back when everyone else thought they shouldn't). This is more of an expression of support.

ElNono
07-24-2010, 08:37 PM
They don't have to green-light anything- Israel will do what they think they should, regardless of what everyone else thinks (as they did with the Osirak reactor in Iraq back when everyone else thought they shouldn't). This is more of an expression of support.

With the economy still in the shitter, and unemployement sky high, THIS is the best they can spend their time legislating?

Why doesn't each one of these fuckers send them a letter of support and move along?

ElNono
07-24-2010, 08:39 PM
And BTW, I have no problem with Israel doing whatever they want to do. I also don't think they need anybody's support.

Thompson
07-24-2010, 09:07 PM
With the economy still in the shitter, and unemployement sky high, THIS is the best they can spend their time legislating?

Why doesn't each one of these fuckers send them a letter of support and move along?

They should have done it privately. As far as the economy is concerned, they're in the minority, there's not much they want to accomplish that they'll be able to pass right now (Paul Ryan's plan, for example).

As for b_d, there's no guarantee we go to war with Iran if Israel bombs them. We didn't immediately go to war with Iraq when they were bombed by the Israelis. Iran won't likely send it's military out of the country either when they have to worry about insurrection from their populace.

DarrinS
07-24-2010, 09:52 PM
You people are idiots. The only reason Iran has a nuclear program is because they are going green.

Why should westerners be the only people with an irrational fear of carbon dioxide.

Nbadan
07-24-2010, 11:01 PM
And BTW, I have no problem with Israel doing whatever they want to do. I also don't think they need anybody's support.

I think they need the support of popular opinion in the U.S. since they are our closes ally in the region and Israel needs the U.S. more than it admits it does..militarily and economically...

CosmicCowboy
07-24-2010, 11:57 PM
I think they need the support of popular opinion in the U.S. since they are our closes ally in the region and Israel needs the U.S. more than it admits it does..militarily and economically...

I'll agree with that. The US has been the 900# gorilla in the background keeping Israel safe ever since it was established. Everyone in the region knows that if they invade Israel and start winning the US "big brother" is gonna step into the mix. The US will allow the usual border shit to continue without getting directly involved but if a real ass kickin started happening we would be there.

Wild Cobra
07-25-2010, 10:09 AM
I think it has to do with the path the Israeli bombers and support fighter jets need to travel.

Wild Cobra
07-25-2010, 10:11 AM
I'll agree with that. The US has been the 900# gorilla in the background keeping Israel safe ever since it was established. Everyone in the region knows that if they invade Israel and start winning the US "big brother" is gonna step into the mix. The US will allow the usual border shit to continue without getting directly involved but if a real ass kickin started happening we would be there.
Absolutely.

bigzak25
07-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Exactly. Having it in writing sure stopped North Korea. Oh wait...

Is it 'unfair' that only the U.S., China, Britain, Israel, Russia, North Korea and a few others have nuclear weapons? Yes- it's also a hell of a lot safer that way. Iran would like Israel to be wiped off the face of the earth. Israel is considered a 'one-nuke country.' Regardless of whether or not you see a reason for Iran not to have one, I think Israel sees plenty of reasons.

I realize having it in writing guarantees nothing. However, make it part of a peace treaty and at least have a handshake deal for the world to see. I do not see how that could hurt matters.

No country should have nuclear weapons...nuclear capabilites for fuel, sure. But weapons, no.

However, because the 'world powers' choose to, then we cannot be hypocrites. Why are we so special? Every country should have the same rights we have. I understand we want to keep these WMDs out of the hands of those that have destructive interests at heart...but every country knows that once they use them, they have signed their own death warrant, and that is deterrent enough.

We think the Iran and Korea are such big threats, but what makes us so sure we can trust our own government?

Our alliance with Israel will lead to our own destruction.

It is not wise to align yourself with the country flying the mark of the beast.

http://www.topnews.in/files/israel_flag.jpg

Wild Cobra
07-25-2010, 10:37 AM
It is not wise to align yourself with the country flying the mark of the beast.

http://www.topnews.in/files/israel_flag.jpg
Fucking anti-Semitic idiot.

The Star of David has been around a very long time. It's two triangles of trinity.

Bet you think they're equilateral triangles too... They aren't!

Wow...

I'm surprised Wiki doesn't show it's mathematical properties. At least a diagram as to how to properly scale one.

bigzak25
07-25-2010, 11:55 AM
Fucking anti-Semitic idiot.

The Star of David has been around a very long time. It's two triangles of trinity.

Wow...

I'm surprised Wiki doesn't show it's mathematical properties. At least a diagram as to how to properly scale one.

6 points. 6 triangles. 6 interior sides.

I have nothing against the Jewish people. I have love for all, as they are all my brothers and sisters alike. I do not trust their government though. I can separate the governments of countries from the people of those countries. I currently believe that that is the mark. Maybe I'll be enlightened to believe otherwise, but I don't think I am wrong.

The government of Israel has never shown that they are committed to peace. They have only shown a commitment to expand their territories at the expense of the Palestinians. What happened to love thy neighbor as thyself?

Tear down the walls...feed the oppressed...offer them shelter...food...medicine. Integration is the key to peace. United we stand, divided we fall. United under the one true God. If Muslims wish to call him Allah, then so be it. But there is only One true God.

This fighting is over greedy power mongers that use religion as a weapon vs those they choose to oppress and whom they view as an inferior people. But we are all the same. If you were oppressed and had nothing to lose, and felt you were up against a regime with all the resources and intent on expansion with total disregard for you and your people, are you saying you would lay down?

Israel should be setting the example for Peace for the whole world, but they are only setting the example for War.

And there is no such thing as a holy war, for war is not holy.

bigzak25
07-25-2010, 12:15 PM
America should be working with the other World Powers to bring peace to Burma and all the other oppressed peoples...I'm sure there are many many in Africa as well. That is the fight our soldiers should be used for. Freedom fighters for the oppressed. I still support the war in Iraq because it rid them of the Hussein regime. Afghanistan is different. We cannot win that war. It is not a victory that can be achieved with guns. Victory over the radicals will only occur when the Jewish and Muslim are a united people under God.

Radicals on both sides will then be seen and the clear enemy to peace, and will surrender or be destroyed, but the victory will be sealed, and all of our children will see the pointlessness of war.

Veterinarian
07-25-2010, 12:29 PM

Good plan :tu, another war in the Middle East is just what we need right now.

ChumpDumper
07-25-2010, 12:43 PM
I think it has to do with the path the Israeli bombers and support fighter jets need to travel.They need to fly over the United States to bomb Iran?

boutons_deux
07-25-2010, 12:54 PM
Mutual Assured Destruction will work now as it worked between USA and USSR.

The rulers of small countries with nukes know their reign and very probably their own lives would be over if they used nukes. aka, non-Mutual Assured Self-Destruction.

Preemptively invading/attacking these countries (NK, Iran, Pakistan) would lead to their regime change (ask Saddam), so the ruling nut-cases may be provoked to launch their nukes in a final blaze of ego maniacal glory.

Thompson
07-25-2010, 07:17 PM
It will not work if:
A) the man with his finger on the button is insane or doesn't care (Kim Jong Il recently sank a South Korean warship, an act of war that would be unthinkable to most people)
B) those overseeing the nukes think they can get away with passing one off to a third party (terrorists) who then use it themselves
C) somewhere, some nuclear weapon is not well guarded and is stolen/sold- more likely to happen with more (poorer, third-world) countries in possession of a weapon

There is no way to guarantee that all smaller countries will not have these problems now or in the future. It may not be fair, but screw fair. Fair is infinitely more likely to result in mass casualties than the current unfair system.

Thompson
07-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Also, Ahmadinijad believes those who are loyal Muslims (Iranians) will be protected and that a massive war will bring about the return of the 12th imam.

Ignignokt
07-25-2010, 07:45 PM
What will bombing Iran achieve other than giving them more incentive to complete their nuclear weapons program?

you mean they need motivation? :lmao

ChumpDumper
07-25-2010, 08:30 PM
you mean they need motivation? :lmaoNo. That isn't what I meant at all. :lmao

Ignignokt
07-25-2010, 09:23 PM
No. That isn't what I meant at all. :lmao

Yes you did.:lmao

ChumpDumper
07-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Yes you did.:lmaoNo, you just have trouble understanding English. :lmao

boutons_deux
07-25-2010, 10:55 PM
"return of the 12th imam"

Add that to asshole "Christians" praying for End Times and for getting their Rapture on, then "God" will certainly laugh and dance on the cinders.

Wild Cobra
07-26-2010, 01:05 PM

I have nothing against the Jewish people.
Bullshit.

I have love for all, as they are all my brothers and sisters alike. I do not trust their government though.
Then you should try to understand them better. I trust their government to do right over politicking far more than our own.

I can separate the governments of countries from the people of those countries.
Maybe, but you act as if the Jewish people are unworthy of Jehovah.

I currently believe that that is the mark.
Your ignorance is you enemy, and your bias. When was David King? Are you telling us that the genealogy of Jesus is corrupt, and the symbol of his forefathers is the symbol of the Beast?

Maybe I'll be enlightened to believe otherwise, but I don't think I am wrong.

See... the Jewish people have no importance to you. If you thought they were human, you would know WTF your are talking about before slandering their faith.

The government of Israel has never shown that they are committed to peace. They have only shown a commitment to expand their territories at the expense of the Palestinians. What happened to love thy neighbor as thyself?

How can you call them the bad guys? They are doing an awesome job of protecting their people inside their borders. If their neighbors could stop attacking them, don't you thing Israel would lighten up, and stop curtailing their ability to make war?

Tear down the walls...feed the oppressed...offer them shelter...food...medicine.
How about living in Israel for a year in one of the hot areas, and see if you don't start thinking Israel id protecting herself.
Integration is the key to peace. United we stand, divided we fall. United under the one true God. If Muslims wish to call him Allah, then so be it. But there is only One true God.

I wish we were in Utopia, so such proper things would work.

This fighting is over greedy power mongers that use religion as a weapon vs those they choose to oppress and whom they view as an inferior people. But we are all the same.
Who taught you all this BS anyway?

If you were oppressed and had nothing to lose, and felt you were up against a regime with all the resources and intent on expansion with total disregard for you and your people, are you saying you would lay down?

When will they admit defeat, and stop waring? Does Israel need to get tired of this, and flatten them some day?

Israel should be setting the example for Peace for the whole world, but they are only setting the example for War.

Are you saying Israel should let down her defenses, and let them destroy Israel?

Try telling that to those who believe otherwise.

bigzak25
07-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by bigzak25

I have nothing against the Jewish people.

Bullshit.

Can you not count? It is not BS. And for you to state that I have anything against anyone is rather presumptuous.

I have love for all, as they are all my brothers and sisters alike. I do not trust their government though.

Then you should try to understand them better. I trust their government to do right over politicking far more than our own.

You are right, I should work to understand the Jewish people better. But it is not them that I am speaking against. It is the actions of their government. They have not ceased their expansion and as far as I can tell, have no intention to.

I can separate the governments of countries from the people of those countries.

Maybe, but you act as if the Jewish people are unworthy of Jehovah.

Where are you getting this? I have stated no such thing as that. We are all worthy of God. But we must choose to follow the path set forth by His Son.

I currently believe that that is the mark.

Your ignorance is you enemy, and your bias. When was David King? Are you telling us that the genealogy of Jesus is corrupt, and the symbol of his forefathers is the symbol of the Beast?

I am saying that Satan is a masterful deceiver. Please link me to the origin of the Star of David if you wish to make a point. I know the story of his shield braces being melded together but again, I am merely speaking out against this Symbol, not the people, and I am saying look at what the Israeli government is doing. Their actions speak volumes. God's will is to love Him, and then to love our neighbor as ourselves. Israel is not doing that.

Maybe I'll be enlightened to believe otherwise, but I don't think I am wrong.

See... the Jewish people have no importance to you. If you thought they were human, you would know WTF your are talking about before slandering their faith.

You are being presumptuous again. Every human being on this planet is of importance to me. We all have a soul. I do not understand where you interpret that I think Jewish people are inhuman or where you see that I am slandering their faith. I am again, only speaking to the symbol being the mark.

How can you call them the bad guys? They are doing an awesome job of protecting their people inside their borders. If their neighbors could stop attacking them, don't you thing Israel would lighten up, and stop curtailing their ability to make war?

I did not call them the bad guys. If the intention of the Israeli government is peace, then they are just very very misguided. I'd say at best, they are showing their incompetence.

You want their neighbors to stop attacking...:lol

Okay Sir, what if I was your neighbor, and I decided that I wanted some of your yard to be my yard...for my family is growing, and I really have no concern for your family...would you not protest?

And then when you protest, I simply show you that I have bigger and better weapons, so you best stand down. And not only that, but there is this big neighborhood across the river that are all my allies and they have the biggest weapons of all...so you really really best stand down.

Then where would that leave you? Hmmm? Contemplate.

Tear down the walls...feed the oppressed...offer them shelter...food...medicine.
How about living in Israel for a year in one of the hot areas, and see if you don't start thinking Israel id protecting herself.
Integration is the key to peace. United we stand, divided we fall. United under the one true God. If Muslims wish to call him Allah, then so be it. But there is only One true God.

I wish we were in Utopia, so such proper things would work.

Do you really wish for Utopia? You seem only to disparage and attack. This does not align with the actions of one seeking Utopia.

This fighting is over greedy power mongers that use religion as a weapon vs those they choose to oppress and whom they view as an inferior people. But we are all the same.

Who taught you all this BS anyway?

I have but one true Teacher.

If you were oppressed and had nothing to lose, and felt you were up against a regime with all the resources and intent on expansion with total disregard for you and your people, are you saying you would lay down?

When will they admit defeat, and stop waring? Does Israel need to get tired of this, and flatten them some day?

When would you admit defeat? When would you surrender your household and family? Would your invading neighbor have to get tired and flatten you and your household some day?

Are you saying Israel should let down her defenses, and let them destroy Israel?

What I am saying is that they should be looking to show Love to the Palestinians instead of looking for War with them...over dirt.

Try telling that to those who believe otherwise.

I intend to. :toast

LnGrrrR
07-26-2010, 05:01 PM

Wow...

Looks equilateral to me... have any links that show otherwise/explain what exactly it is?

Josepatches_
07-26-2010, 05:07 PM
You want their neighbors to stop attacking...:lol

Okay Sir, what if I was your neighbor, and I decided that I wanted some of your yard to be my yard...for my family is growing, and I really have no concern for your family...would you not protest?

And then when you protest, I simply show you that I have bigger and better weapons, so you best stand down. And not only that, but there is this big neighborhood across the river that are all my allies and they have the biggest weapons of all...so you really really best stand down.

Then where would that leave you? Hmmm? Contemplate.

Touché

Crookshanks
07-26-2010, 05:47 PM
THE GLORY OF ISRAEL

By Matt Leasher

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Throughout the past six decades that we have seen the nation of Israel miraculously restored in their Biblical homeland we have watched them endure constant threats and conflicts attempting to wipe them out from the land that God promised to them, however, anyone that has any solid knowledge of the Bible knows that this will never happen again. (Jeremiah 31:35-36).

The purpose that they are back in the land is to begin to prepare it for the return of the Lord Jesus Christ, whether they even realize it or not. The Bible makes it very clear that when Christ returns he will set up his Kingdom in Israel. (For all of the specific details see Ezekiel chapters 40-47). Throughout the Bible God preserved Israel because the promised Savior would come through that nation and the Bible shows us that God will also use Israel as the centerpiece of His second coming as well. We know that Heaven is wherever Jesus is, (not a fairy tale land of unicorns and various other figments of many people’s imaginations), and since we also know that Jesus will be setting up His Kingdom in Israel, then our future heavenly home is also going to be in Israel! So then, do we not owe it to Israel to protect and honor her in all of the most utmost possible ways that we can?

You say that God can protect His own land? Well, this is true and He will but meanwhile we should be honoring His land just as we honor His word and His word says that Israel belongs to Him. When we stand by Israel we are showing that we are standing by God. Anyone that is against Israel is against God and He has made that very clear in Genesis 12: 2-3.

I will make you a great nation;

I will bless you and make your name great;

And you shall be a blessing.

I will bless those who bless you,

And I will curse him who curses you;

And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.

This blessing was given to Abraham and the land that God had promised to him and all of his descendants. This same blessing was also passed down to Jacob by his father Isaac, Abraham’s son. (Genesis 27:29). Jacob’s name would later be changed to Israel, (Genesis 32:28) which means “he who strives with God”. We certainly have seen the nation of Israel striving with God throughout history even in modern times, but throughout all of it’s struggles God has preserved Israel’s existence even during the 1900 years of its dispersal. While the Jews were scattered throughout the four corners of the earth, the Lord preserved a remnant of the chosen people from the chosen land until it was ordained for them to return to the chosen land. We watched this begin to happen with the 1917 Belfour Declaration that allowed the Jewish people to begin to migrate to their ancient homeland culminating in 1948 with the founding of the Jewish state of Israel. However, in between those two high points the Jews had to endure the horrific persecutions of the Nazi holocaust. This was another failed attempt to wipe out the Jews as a race that was also attempted by the Persian Empire in the Book of Esther.

Now today, in the age of nuclear weaponry, we see yet another threat from radical Iran to wipe out the nation of Israel and its people. (Ironic how history repeats itself being that Persia was attempting to eliminate the Jews in the Book of Esther and Persia became today’s modern day Iran). We also see Russia aiding Iran with their nuclear program and most recently Turkey getting on board this anti-Israel alliance. In other words, we see the fulfillment of Ezekiel 38 and 39 about to take place! All of the chess pieces are moving into position. The real sad thing is that all of this is going unnoticed by your average citizen in the West since the media finds it more important to announce who was eliminated from “Dancing With The Stars” this week as their top story rather than posting the war games that Iran is conducting in the Gulf or the immense amounts of weapons of mass destruction that are being passed back and forth by Iran, Russia, Syria, Lebanon and Turkey just in the last few weeks. Even if the media did supply the proper coverage of these things going on in the Middle East most people wouldn’t even realize that it is Bible prophecy setting up to be fulfilled. What is even more frightening than this is that the administration that is in office for our nation today has given Israel a colder shoulder than almost any prior administration since Israel became a nation in 1948. The last time Prime Minister Netanyahu was here to visit the White House president Obama walked out on him and left him sitting there to have dinner alone after Netanyahu had attempted to show him that he was not responsible for the timing of his announcements of new settlement projects in east Jerusalem that offended Joe Biden’s visit to Israel, and that he also wasn’t conceding on the project either. The Obama administration is pushing for a two state solution where Israel will have to give up more land to the Palestinians who could have plenty of land if they turned around and looked to the open deserts of the east, but they want to be a thorn in Israel’s side and take all of their land. That is their real plan. They aren’t looking to live with them they are looking to live without them. Israel needs our support and if we turn our backs on them we will be cursed just as God said in Genesis 12. Since God has allowed America to become world’s strongest nation, it is our duty to protect what is His.

As Christians we owe it to Israel to support them. Why is that you ask? The answer is found in Romans 11. Because of Israel’s blindness to Christ we, (the Gentiles) have been given salvation, (Romans 11:11). The apostle Paul gives us the analogy of the Gentiles being grafted in like branches on an olive tree. A real olive tree is able to re-grow a broken branch if it is transplanted back onto the tree. Paul’s analogy is not too far fetched. The olive tree that Paul is talking about is the divine blessing from Abraham through faith in Christ. The olive tree is not Israel nor is it the Church. Israel and the Church have both partaken of Abraham’s blessing, (the olive tree). First Israel and now currently the Church but the Church must be careful to not become boastful about this blessing because it began with Israel!

“…do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.” (Romans 11:18)

As this blessing began with Israel it will also end with Israel but not until the full number of Gentiles are saved.

For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. (Romans 11:25)

When the full number of Gentiles has come in then the Rapture of the Church will take place and once that happens God’s attention will turn back to Israel and Israel will know Christ as the Lord, henceforth Daniel’s 70th week, (a.k.a. the 7 year tribulation), will begin. It has been part of God’s program that Israel remains blinded to Christ until the “fullness of the Gentiles has come in” which are those that are called out for Christ name. (Acts 15:14). The Church are the people called out for Christ name. The Greek word for Church is ekklesia which literally means “a called out assembly”. Israel was the first “called out assembly”.

One of the signs that we are very close to the return of Christ is the fact that so many Jews in recent years are converting and becoming believers and recognizing Christ as the Messiah. These are known as Messianic Jews or “completed Jews”. This conversion of Jews cannot fully take place until Jesus returns and is in their sight.

“And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. (Zechariah 12:10)

We should be praying for Israel and while we are praying we should pray for our nation’s current administration, that they do the right thing and stand by Israel.

As we can see Israel’s reason for existence is of a divine purpose. An examination of Israel’s beginnings all the way up to its future glory reveals a purpose that every human being has a part in providing that they have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. Israel is and will be the complete fulfillment of God’s promises. Who doesn’t want to be a part of that?

I bring My righteousness near, it shall not be far off;

My salvation shall not linger.

And I will place salvation in Zion,

For Israel My glory

(Isaiah 46:13)

clambake
07-26-2010, 06:08 PM
:dizzy

ElNono
07-26-2010, 07:20 PM

They're a sovereign country and if they're free to do whatever they want. They would be starting a military conflict, not a marketing campaign.

ElNono
07-26-2010, 07:22 PM
I think it has to do with the path the Israeli bombers and support fighter jets need to travel.

Uh? If anything, they might need to request permission to the US military if the US is regulating fly zones in their path. I don't see how Congress enters the picture at all.

ChumpDumper
07-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Crookshanks illustrates perfectly the irrational kowtowing of the US when it comes to Israel.

bigzak illustrates perfectly the irrational fear of Jews.

Wild Cobra
07-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Looks equilateral to me... have any links that show otherwise/explain what exactly it is?
I don't recall where any links are. I'll draw a quick "paint" and post it.

Wild Cobra
07-26-2010, 10:19 PM
The star of David is created by circling two squares, and then placing in two triangles. The sides of the triangles are only 95.1057% of the base. These are not equilateral triangles, therefore, it is not a hexagram.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/Misc/StarofDavid.jpg

Wild Cobra
07-26-2010, 11:08 PM
Here's another one:

from Addendum to the Third Article on the Ghost of Jehanne D'Arc (http://www.valeriebarrow.com/jehanne-addendum.php):

http://www.valeriebarrow.com/images/turn-over.jpg

Notice if they were equilateral triangles, the inner circle would touch six intersections of the triangles, not just two.

I am amazed at nearly all postings being wrong about the Star of David. Almost all sites I find are referring to it as a hexagram, or equilateral triangles.

Revisionist history?

Stringer_Bell
07-26-2010, 11:36 PM
WC, why are you going to so much trouble over mathematical principles instead of historical knowledge? 666 doesn't mean shit in the real world, it was code for Christians and people against Rome. 6 is the most imperfect number, so triple 6 translates to REALLY fucking imperfect, which further translates to Nero and how he was identified in writings.

For all you religion enthusiasts, Kabbalah's "666" represents God's perfection. I think BigZak's a nice guy, but if he's gonna stand steadfast by his view that 666 is strictly the mark of the beast (as if "the beast" has any power at all, men make their own choices), then that's a very selfish and ignorant view.

Wild Cobra
07-26-2010, 11:54 PM
I'm just a stickler for some facts. Bigzak is trying to make Israel out as the beast. I mention that it's not made of equilateral triangles, and show evidence. What little I could find. It seems much of the established facts before the computer is bastardized with assumption. LnGrrrR repeated what most people think. That it is of equilateral triangles.

Damn, it's hard to find some information on the internet that was taught before the internet was born. I am amazed at the repeated misconception that it is a hexagram.

bigzak25
07-27-2010, 12:10 AM
bigzak illustrates perfectly the irrational fear of Jews.

I am nothing but rational. I have no fear. Good to see you Chump. :toast

bigzak25
07-27-2010, 12:12 AM
Here's another one:

from Addendum to the Third Article on the Ghost of Jehanne D'Arc (http://www.valeriebarrow.com/jehanne-addendum.php):

http://www.valeriebarrow.com/images/turn-over.jpg

Notice if they were equilateral triangles, the inner circle would touch six intersections of the triangles, not just two.

I am amazed at nearly all postings being wrong about the Star of David. Almost all sites I find are referring to it as a hexagram, or equilateral triangles.

Revisionist history?

You want to debate equilateral and whether it is a hexagram.

I simply count the points, the triangles, and the interior sides.

It is undeniable. 6 6 6

bigzak25
07-27-2010, 12:14 AM
WC, why are you going to so much trouble over mathematical principles instead of historical knowledge? 666 doesn't mean shit in the real world, it was code for Christians and people against Rome. 6 is the most imperfect number, so triple 6 translates to REALLY fucking imperfect, which further translates to Nero and how he was identified in writings.

For all you religion enthusiasts, Kabbalah's "666" represents God's perfection. I think BigZak's a nice guy, but if he's gonna stand steadfast by his view that 666 is strictly the mark of the beast (as if "the beast" has any power at all, men make their own choices), then that's a very selfish and ignorant view.

I think you are a nice guy too Stringer. But I am anything but selfish. And I am less ignorant by the day. :toast

bigzak25
07-27-2010, 12:21 AM
I'm just a stickler for some facts. Bigzak is trying to make Israel out as the beast. I mention that it's not made of equilateral triangles, and show evidence. What little I could find. It seems much of the established facts before the computer is bastardized with assumption. LnGrrrR repeated what most people think. That it is of equilateral triangles.

Damn, it's hard to find some information on the internet that was taught before the internet was born. I am amazed at the repeated misconception that it is a hexagram.

I am only informing you of my belief that the star of David is the mark.

I am also clearly expressing my viewpoint that the Jewish government, which should be the greatest representation of peace on this planet, as per God's wishes, is instead being instigators because they feel they have no consequences. When another government, such as the Iranian dictatorship, (and I have much love for all the Iranian people as well) wishes to have their own nuclear capabilities, which poses a threat to Israel's Carte Blanche of the Palestinian territories, all of a sudden, it is a major world wide problem.

We are sacrificing our troops for this land grabbing government...and not in the name of peace, but in the name of undeterred expansion at the expense of the defenseless.

bigzak25
07-27-2010, 12:23 AM
And do not mistake my support for the Iranian people to be support for their government which I believe we could help the people overthrow, if not for our sullied record of support for Israel.

SnakeBoy
07-27-2010, 12:24 AM
http://goodbadandugly2.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/crazy-peeps.jpg

Wild Cobra
07-27-2010, 12:25 AM
Oh...

I forgot...

The Star of David contains the "Golden ratio."

Who can find it?

Hint:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/32/Golden_Rectangle_Construction.svg/475px-Golden_Rectangle_Construction.svg.png

Wild Cobra
07-27-2010, 12:28 AM
I am only informing you of my belief that the star of David is the mark.

I am also clearly expressing my viewpoint that the Jewish government, which should be the greatest representation of peace on this planet, as per God's wishes, is instead being instigators because they feel they have no consequences. When another government, such as the Iranian dictatorship, (and I have much love for all the Iranian people as well) wishes to have their own nuclear capabilities, which poses a threat to Israel's Carte Blanche of the Palestinian territories, all of a sudden, it is a major world wide problem.

We are sacrificing our troops for this land grabbing government...and not in the name of peace, but in the name of undeterred expansion at the expense of the defenseless.
The Jewish see the Star of David symbolizing seven. Six triangle areas around the seventh. Their candles are six with a seventh standing taller.

I think you are justifying reasons to be antisemitic.

bigzak25
07-27-2010, 12:32 AM
So your best shot at the truth from your perspective is geometrical deflection?

You can call me antisemitic as many times as you wish, but I tell you this, I would die for a Jewish person the same as I would for any person. I have already told you I see all people on this earth as my brothers and sisters. Why would I be antisemitic, they believe in the same God I do. Calling them out for expanding their territory at the expense of the defenseless does not mean I have hate for them. Contrarily, I pray for them and hope that their government sees the error of it's ways.

LnGrrrR
07-27-2010, 12:34 AM

Wow, pretty neato WC. Thanks for the information! :tu

CavsSuperFan
07-27-2010, 10:11 AM

I have a similar dilemma…Women wont look at me & Mother won’t allow me to watch R Rated Movies…

CosmicCowboy
07-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Anytime Big Zak posts you have to remember he was the poster child for the brain on drugs fried egg commercial. His yolk broke completely about 3 years ago.

http://this.bigstereo.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/fried-egg.jpg

bigzak25
07-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Anytime Big Zak posts you have to remember he was the poster child for the brain on drugs fried egg commercial. His yolk broke completely about 3 years ago.

http://this.bigstereo.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/fried-egg.jpg

Actually CC, my awakenings both happened when I stopped smoking marijuana.

I am now drug free, and plan to remain so.

My brain does not drive me any longer, my heart does.

I wish you well my friend. GodBless! :toast

Marcus Bryant
07-27-2010, 07:27 PM
The notion that we'd be giving permission instead of asking for it from Israel is baffling.

bigzak25
07-27-2010, 07:54 PM
We should be passing resolutions to let Israel fight their own war, if that is what they are intent on doing.

To hell with the Middle Eastern Oil. America has it's own supplies, and there will be greater motivation to develop and move to cleaner energy if we are no longer reliant on it.

Thompson
07-27-2010, 08:47 PM
You want to debate equilateral and whether it is a hexagram.

I simply count the points, the triangles, and the interior sides.

It is undeniable. 6 6 6

There are 8 triangles, 6 small and 2 large. 686. Or 866. Or 668- at worst, it's the mark of the guy who lives next to the beast.

My brain does not drive me any longer, my heart does.

You're supposed to use both.

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' -Luke 10:27

LnGrrrR
07-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Oh...

I forgot...

The Star of David contains the "Golden ratio."

Who can find it?

Hint:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/32/Golden_Rectangle_Construction.svg/475px-Golden_Rectangle_Construction.svg.png

Ha! I just watched the movie Pi the other night; the main character believes the Golden Ration/Golden Spiral is present throughout nature and uses it to predict the stock market. Interesting flick.

bigzak25
07-27-2010, 09:17 PM
There are 8 triangles, 6 small and 2 large. 686. Or 866. Or 668- at worst, it's the mark of the guy who lives next to the beast.

You're supposed to use both.

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' -Luke 10:27

Thanks Mr. Thompson, but I never said I didn't use both, I said that my heart drives me...and therefore, my heart drives my mind as well, which allows me to Love the Lord, our God, with all my heart, and all my soul, and all my strength, with all my mind.

I'm not asking you to believe it is the mark, only stating it is what I believe.

GodBless you Sir. :toast

bigzak25
07-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Those triangles to me symbolize the clash of the holy trinity with an unholy one.

It is my understanding that David's shield melded during conflict, and the symbol is therefore thought of as protection during conflict.

I believe it is God's will that the best protection from conflict is to work to avoid it altogether.

Winehole23
07-28-2010, 05:01 AM

http://this.bigstereo.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/fried-egg.jpgI might've gone private with a comment like that but that's just me.

Winehole23
07-28-2010, 05:04 AM
nm

LnGrrrR
07-28-2010, 02:35 PM
I might've gone private with a comment like that but that's just me.

Eh, I'm all for public skewering of silly beliefs. How else would we know they're silly?

I'm relatively tolerant of religious beliefs, nonsensical as I think they might be, but claiming that the Israel flag is the Mark of the Beast is just dumb, and it is sensible person's duty to point that out.