PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Roger Mason Jr, I mean chazley.

O.J Mayo
07-23-2010, 09:58 PM
Have you been signed yet, oops, I mean.

Has Roger Mason signed with any team yet?

I am still waiting. :lmao

ohmwrecker
07-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Huh?

Blackjack
07-23-2010, 10:14 PM
I haven't seen chaz much since I stripped him of #1 Poster status.

chazley
07-23-2010, 11:09 PM
hi

Blackjack
07-23-2010, 11:16 PM
Good to see ya, #2-ish! :)

ElNono
07-23-2010, 11:17 PM
I was going to make a thread about this guy and Centerpiece wondering the same thing.

Are these guys really going to be out of the league next season?

chazley
07-23-2010, 11:37 PM
I was going to make a thread about this guy and Centerpiece wondering the same thing.

Are these guys really going to be out of the league next season?

Centerpiece might be.

Mason will not.

I'm actually shocked more teams haven't been throwing money all over the place. I initially believed Mason might be a huge beneficiary to all these teams with lots of cap room, but it seems to not be the case.

People hate on Mase cause he had four bad playoff games, but most teams are smart enough to look past that and realize this guy is capable of shooting lights out, and has shown some clutch ability. People thought A-Rod was the biggest choker of alltime until this past postseason, where all was forgiven. All it takes it one fantastic game/series for you to be re-labeled.

O.J Mayo
07-23-2010, 11:54 PM
Mason is at it again. So which team is going to sign him?

Maybe he will find a place with the Olympiakos.

ElNono
07-23-2010, 11:55 PM
I'm not hating, I'm actually shocked they're not even roster-fillers at this point.

I mean, they're both 30 years old, so they're not that old.

It's just weird that those two were somewhat of an integral part of our bench last season and now they can't seem to get a job at all.

Leonard Curse
07-24-2010, 12:00 AM
I'm not hating, I'm actually shocked they're not even roster-fillers at this point.

It's just weird that those two were somewhat of an integral part of our bench last season and now they can't seem to get a job at all.

yeah it just shows you how much pop has lost his mind the past 2yrs. if we dont win soon pop will start being called out, which is sad but sometimes pop does some really dumb moves

ElNono
07-24-2010, 12:20 AM
yeah it just shows you how much pop has lost his mind the past 2yrs. if we dont win soon pop will start being called out, which is sad but sometimes pop does some really dumb moves

Well, it's not Pop's fault that Mason couldn't hit the side of a barn when it mattered and as far as Bogans, they took a gamble on him for a season and it didn't pay off.

They're both out of the team now, so the FO certainly agrees that they didn't fit the bill.

I'm just surprised that the rotten corpse of Ratliff gets hired as a roster-filler but these guys can't seem to find a spot.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-24-2010, 12:23 AM
lol @ having new deal by weekend, reported on the 6th.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/07/06/3494/

Bito Corleone
07-24-2010, 12:33 AM
People thought A-Rod was the biggest choker of alltime until this past postseason, where all was forgiven.

The only problem with this is that RMJ is not A-Rod

Parker2112
07-24-2010, 12:39 AM
If we keep killing guys with our "system," we wont have any luck with free agency.

chazley
07-24-2010, 12:54 AM
The only problem with this is that RMJ is not A-Rod

No duh. I'm not saying they have similar talent levels, but both were considered chokers by their own fans. A-Rod had one great postseason and is now revered in New York. If Mason had a good playoff game in S.A., he would've been revered here the same way he was back in January 09 in San Antonio, when I think many Spurs fan would've kneeled down and kissed his feet if they saw him walking the streets.

ElNono
07-24-2010, 01:00 AM
Looks like Chicago could be a spot for them if they don't pick up T-Mac. I also hear Orlando might be a destination for the vet-min...

Bito Corleone
07-24-2010, 01:00 AM
No duh. I'm not saying they have similar talent levels, but both were considered chokers by their own fans. A-Rod had one great postseason and is now revered in New York. If Mason had a good playoff game in S.A., he would've been revered here the same way he was back in January 09 in San Antonio, when I think many Spurs fan would've kneeled down and kissed his feet if they saw him walking the streets.

He was great in his first regular season for us, but did you see his performance in the past two postseason? There is no single good playoff game he could play to make us forget his complete disappearing act since the playoffs started last year.

ElNono
07-24-2010, 01:02 AM
If RMJ would have hit his shots when it mattered we wouldn't have this thread...

O.J Mayo
07-24-2010, 01:02 AM
Looks like Chicago could be a spot for them if they don't pick up T-Mac. I also hear Orlando might be a destination for the vet-min...

But, but, but he was supposed to get MLE offers.

LOL MLE ecstasy.

chazley
07-24-2010, 02:12 AM
If RMJ would have hit his shots when it mattered we wouldn't have this thread...

He got an opportunity in 4 total playoff games to show us what he had. In those games, he was the 3rd best player on the team, and the Mavs defense made sure he didn't get open shots. Timmy was playing on 1 leg so there was no one able to set up RMJ. As the 7th or 8th best player on a championship team he is a great asset.

And with that, I'm done talking about RMJ. I don't even necessarily want him on the Spurs anymore they way our team has filled out, but people keep bringing it back up, and I just keep slapping them backwards until they finally realize I am a posting god and no one can beat me.

Chieflion
07-24-2010, 02:14 AM
He got an opportunity in 4 total playoff games to show us what he had. In those games, he was the 3rd best player on the team, and the Mavs defense made sure he didn't get open shots. Timmy was playing on 1 leg so there was no one able to set up RMJ. As the 7th or 8th best player on a championship team he is a great asset.

And with that, I'm done talking about RMJ. I don't even necessarily want him on the Spurs anymore they way our team has filled out, but people keep bringing it back up, and I just keep slapping them backwards until they finally realize I am a posting god and no one can beat me.

That is so stupid.

Bito Corleone
07-24-2010, 02:41 AM

:nope

Here's a breakdown of Mason's series against Dallas:

Game 1 - 9 min; 0-2 FG; 0-1 3PT; 1 Ast; 4 fouls; L
Game 2 - 6 min; 0-1 FG; 0-1 3PT; 1 foul; W
Game 3 - 1 min; 0-0 FG; 0-0 3PT; W
Game 4 - DNP; W
Game 5 - 28 min; 1-6 FG; 1-3 3PT; 1 Ast; 2 Reb; 2 TO; 3 fouls; L
Game 6 - DNP; W

Those sure as hell don't look like the stats of the "3rd best player on the team" to me...and if you look closely you'll notice that the 4 games we won were the ones where he played the least minutes.

DrSteffo
07-24-2010, 03:09 AM
Mason Jr would be a perfect fit in Europe but would not make the top teams there. I hope some nba team will pick him up and let him play though, would give us about +5 points when we meet that team.

Spurs Brazil
07-24-2010, 07:41 AM
I really hope Mason gets no offer and go back to Europe. The only thing he and his agend do is talk BS. First demanded a trade, then in the 1st week of FA said he had a lot of offers and would decide soon. So far nothing. Fuck Mason and his agent

kobyz
07-24-2010, 08:34 AM
teams are not stupid, they know Mason is the worst player in the NBA!

Danny.Zhu
07-24-2010, 08:43 AM

That's why we got swept last year.

benefactor
07-24-2010, 08:55 AM
lol @ having new deal by weekend, reported on the 6th.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/07/06/3494/
:lmao