PF - Malone/Kemp
C - Olajuwon/Robinson

00s team:

PG - Kidd/Nash
SG - Bryant/Wade
SF - LeBron/McGrady
PF - Duncan/Garnett
C - Shaq/Howard

Who do you take? At first I thought the 90s team would win easily but I'm not so sure, it's a tough one. I'd probably still take the 90s due to the GOAT and Olajuwon, I think it would be too hard to stop those two.

JMarkJohns
07-24-2010, 12:57 AM
Is that Kevin Johnson at backup for the 90's squad? For the duration of the decade, it has to be Payton, but it's awesome to see KJ mentioned if'n it be KJ you intended.

I think you can make more of a case for Shaq in the 90's than 00's. He had more dominant years in the 90's.

Also, Drexler may be pushing it in the 90's. Was mostly an 80's player of dominance.

PGDynasty24
07-24-2010, 12:58 AM
Interesting. 90's has the better PG and SG. 00's has better SF. 00's has better PF's. And at Center Shaq is probably best of the group. But Robinson + Dream>Shaq + Dwight

Chieflion
07-24-2010, 12:59 AM
Team 90s has better defense than Team 00s. Team 90s.

Leetonidas
07-24-2010, 12:59 AM
Hmm I probably should've put Payton on there, I forgot about him for some reason, but we'll leave KJ up there, yep. Besides if Payton was on there it would be a no-brainer because his defense destroys Kidd's and Nash...well, yeah.

I thought about putting "Young Shaq" instead of Robinson but I felt his dominance in the early part of the decade gets him there. Remember, all players are in their primes.

Leetonidas
07-24-2010, 01:02 AM
Team 90s has better defense than Team 00s. Team 90s.

At the PG position, definitely, as well as the C. However, PF easily goes to 00s and a young KG could guard SFs too. Timmy could also switch off on D-Rob and Dream. The SG position I think gets a slight edge to the 00s in terms of defense because Kobe used to be an excellent defender and Wade can be as well if he puts in the effort.

JamStone
07-24-2010, 01:03 AM
Gary Payton > Kevin Johnson
Charles Barkley > Shawn Kemp

Barkley had enough great years in the 90s plus won his league MVP in the 90s. I was a huge fan of KJ, but Payton owned his ass.

You could make a slight argument of Iverson over Wade in the 2000s, but probably not after the last few seasons of his NBA career.

With those changes or not, I take the team from the 2000s. Jordan's the best player on either team and Olajuwon in his prime was crazy, but the 2000 team has better exploitable match-ups at PG and PF. 2000 Shaq in his prime could better hold his own against prime Hakeem, or at least give it to him at the other end to make up the difference. Duncan and KG would work Karl Malone and Barkley. Probably 4 of the 5 best PFs of all time, so it's a great match-up but size and length probably too much for Malone and Barkley. As great a defender as Pippen was, I don't think he could handle a guy like LeBron, plus it would be mostly one-on-one defense with very little help since we're talking teams of all stars and superstars. Pippen would get worked over by Lebron.

redzero
07-24-2010, 01:04 AM
Duncan should be backup Center and Dirk or Webber should be backup Power Forward.

Chieflion
07-24-2010, 01:04 AM
At the PG position, definitely, as well as the C. However, PF easily goes to 00s and a young KG could guard SFs too. Timmy could also switch off on D-Rob and Dream. The SG position I think gets a slight edge to the 00s in terms of defense because Kobe used to be an excellent defender and Wade can be as well if he puts in the effort.

You forgot to mention Pippen, arguably the best perimeter defender to play the game. That is my deal-breaker and my choice for the 90s team. Jordan wasn't a slouch on defense either. He was a menace.

JMarkJohns
07-24-2010, 01:05 AM
I'd argue that Barkley's six seasons of All-Star or better play in the 90's was better than anything Kemp did, but I loved watching Kemp, so I get it. I might also replace Kemp and Barkley with Alonzo Mourning at PF.

Mine...

PG: Stockton, Payton, Johnson
SG: Jordan, Miller
SF: Pippen, Hill
PF: Malone, Barkley, Mourning
C: Olajuwon, Robinson

EDIT: Jamstone's opinion of Barkley was enough confirmation for me. Barkley over Kemp.

Jloyola
07-24-2010, 01:06 AM
you have to also include Barkley and Ewing for 90's... and Yao

Kevin Durant 35
07-24-2010, 01:08 AM
I think Gary Payton deserves to be in 90s line up too.

07-24-2010, 01:10 AM
at first instinct, it will be to take the 90s team. but if the 2000s team plays a more inside game, they can beat the 90s team. a prime front line rotation of shaq/duncan/garnett is going to defensively and offensively destroy the 90s team. kidd and nash are also better complements than stockton and johnson/payton. duncan and garnett are also great help defenders, enough to contain jordan. lebron would probably destroy pippen, or at the very least, cancel him out.

JamStone
07-24-2010, 01:16 AM
Just thought you could also argue Dirk as the back-up PF and slide KG behind Shaq, but in reality, Duncan would share in center duties even though he'd start at PF. If you disregard positions, I'd take Dirk over Dwight Howard. Lol Mavs fans would take Dirk over KG even.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
07-24-2010, 01:19 AM
Nice thread :tu I'd go with the 2000's team

Darrin
07-24-2010, 01:20 AM
First, how can you put Shaq on the 2000s team, where he was less effective from 2007-on, and not on the 1990s team (1992-1999), especially when Dwight Howard and Lebron James are on that team? Therefore, you have to play in 1990 to 1999 to make my 1990s team. The same in the 2000s.

Here's my team:

1990s
PG - Stockton / Hardaway
SG - Jordan / Drexler / Miller
SF - Pippen / Mullin
PF - Malone / Barkley
C - Olajuwon / Robinson / Ewing

2000s
PG - Kidd / Nash
SG - Bryant / Iverson / Allen
SF - Nowitzki / Pierce
PF - Duncan / Garnett / Marion
C - O'Neal / R. Wallace

I have to take the 1990s team. They had a toughness about them in their style of play and mentally that they would beat up on the 2000 team. The 2010 team should be much better one day.

Spurfan
07-24-2010, 01:21 AM
Just thought you could also argue Dirk as the back-up PF and slide KG behind Shaq, but in reality, Duncan would share in center duties even though he'd start at PF. If you disregard positions, I'd take Dirk over Dwight Howard. Lol Mavs fans would take Dirk over KG even.

_irk NoRingski (:lmao:lmao:lmao) doesn't deserve a spot anywhere on the all decade team.

peteee
07-24-2010, 01:23 AM
This is my roster:

90s team:

PG - Stockton/Johnson
SG - Jordan/Drexler
SF - Pippen/Hill
PF - Malone/Kemp
C - Olajuwon/Robinson

00s team:

PG - Kidd/Nash
SG - Bryant/Wade
SF - LeBron/McGrady
PF - Duncan/Garnett
C - Shaq/Howard

Who do you take? At first I thought the 90s team would win easily but I'm not so sure, it's a tough one. I'd probably still take the 90s due to the GOAT and Olajuwon, I think it would be too hard to stop those two.
agreed. the 90s would have an easy win simply because their opponents have a jinx on team who never allows his team to win a playoff series.

ezau
07-24-2010, 01:30 AM
First, how can you put Shaq on the 2000s team, where he was less effective from 2007-on, and not on the 1990s team (1992-1999), especially when Dwight Howard and Lebron James are on that team? Therefore, you have to play in 1990 to 1999 to make my 1990s team. The same in the 2000s.

Here's my team:

1990s
PG - Stockton / Hardaway
SF - Pippen / Mullin
PF - Malone / Barkley

2000s
PG - Kidd / Nash
SF - Nowitzki / Pierce
C - O'Neal / R. Wallace

I have to take the 1990s team. They had a toughness about them in their style of play and mentally that they would beat up on the 2000 team. The 2010 team should be much better one day.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

midnightpulp
07-24-2010, 01:32 AM

Here's my team:

1990s
PG - Stockton / Hardaway
SF - Pippen / Mullin
PF - Malone / Barkley

2000s
PG - Kidd / Nash
SF - Nowitzki / Pierce
C - O'Neal / R. Wallace

I like the parameters you've set, but I say dump Marion and find a place for Ben Wallace. Moving Sheed over to PF, he could be the back-up center, or remain in the 3rd PF slot.

I really like the defense at the 4 on the 00s, I don't see Malone and Barkley doing too much against them. I also think the 00s comes out ahead at the SF. As good a defender Pippen is, Dirk could still get his shot off, and Pierce would torch Mullin on the second unit. Other than that, the 90s are clearly superior at the other positions.

In a 7 games series, I like the 90s in 6.

Darrin
07-24-2010, 01:36 AM
I like the parameters you've set, but I say dump Marion and find a place for Ben Wallace. Moving Sheed over to PF, he could be the back-up center, or remain in the 3rd PF slot.

I really like the defense at the 4 on the 00s, I don't see Malone and Barkley doing too much against them. I also think the 00s comes out ahead at the SF. As good a defender Pippen is, Dirk could still get his shot off, and Pierce would torch Mullin on the second unit. Other than that, the 90s are clearly superior at the other positions.

In a 7 games series, I like the 90s in 6.

I thought about getting Ben in there, but he had as many 6 point, 8 rebound, 1 block seasons as he did 8.0 point, 13.0 rebound, 3.0 block seasons. I love Big Ben, and he would kill on that team, but I think that he didn't stick out enough consistently.

He's got to do it for 10 years.

BullsDynasty
07-24-2010, 01:49 AM
Why isn't Dominique Wilkins up there in the 90s team?

TE
07-24-2010, 01:51 AM
I thought about getting Ben in there, but he had as many 6 point, 8 rebound, 1 block seasons as he did 8.0 point, 13.0 rebound, 3.0 block seasons. I love Big Ben, and he would kill on that team, but I think that he didn't stick out enough consistently.

He's got to do it for 10 years.

I'd still put Ben Wallace in the fold. The guy was a beast for about half this decade on the defensive front.

Bito Corleone
07-24-2010, 02:04 AM
That would be a sweet game to see. I think the '00s take it though.

Booharv
07-24-2010, 02:05 AM
Pippen would get worked over by Lebron.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Booharv
07-24-2010, 02:16 AM
Payton should be starting for the 90s team. That gives them the best defenders ever at the 1, 2, 3, and 5 positions as starters plus Malone who was an all defense caliber player and that teams beats the 00s team in 6 imo.

Darrin
07-24-2010, 04:46 AM
Payton should be starting for the 90s team. That gives them the best defenders ever at the 1, 2, 3, and 5 positions as starters plus Malone who was an all defense caliber player and that teams beats the 00s team in 6 imo.

Payton was too much a one-on-one player.

Darrin
07-24-2010, 04:51 AM
By popular demand:

1990s
PG - Stockton / Hardaway
SF - Pippen / Mullin
PF - Malone / Barkley

2000s
PG - Kidd / Nash
SF - Nowitzki / Pierce
PF - Duncan / Garnett / R. Wallace
C - O'Neal / B.Wallace

TDMVPDPOY
07-24-2010, 05:26 AM
By popular demand:

1990s
PG - Stockton / Hardaway
SF - Pippen / Mullin
PF - Malone / Barkley

2000s
PG - Kidd / Nash
SF - Nowitzki / Pierce
PF - Duncan / Garnett / R. Wallace
C - O'Neal / B.Wallace

u jokin right?

samikeyp
07-24-2010, 06:17 AM
90's

Killakobe81
07-24-2010, 01:37 PM
No way Barkley and Payton shouldnt be on that team ...

Thing that is funny I think overall talent (NBA as a whole) better in 2000's and 80's ...

But if you go:

Payton
MJ
Scottie
Malone
Olajawon

Maybe no team EVER of ANY decade beats that 90's team ...

Olajawon in prime>Shaq

Only in 2000 is Shaq=Hakeem in his prime ...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2010, 01:40 PM
lol Shawn Marion all 00's team. It should at least be a requirement that all perimeter players on the team know how to dribble.

BullsDynasty
07-24-2010, 02:06 PM
For a 12 minimum Roster I'd have:

90's

PG: John Stockton / Kevin Johnson / Gary Payton
SG: Michael Jordan / Clyde Drexler
SF: Scottie Pippen / Dominique Wilkins / Grant Hill
PF: Karl Malone / Charles Barkley
C: Hakeem Olajuwon / David Robinson

00's

PG: Jason Kidd / Steve Nash
SG: Kobe Bryant / Allen Iverson / Tracy McGrady