PDA

View Full Version : Bulls' Rose: McGrady could help

BullsDynasty
07-24-2010, 01:53 AM
Bulls' Rose: McGrady could help

ESPNChicago.com Bulls blog
The latest news from Bulls reporter Nick Friedell. Blog

"That would be good," Rose said Friday after Team USA's final day of practice at Cox Pavilion. "I think that if he comes along, he could help our team.

"A player like him, with his experience and how he plays, I think it would help us."

McGrady is scheduled to work out for the Bulls on Monday, and Rose knows that if the 31-year-old former All-Star is healthy, he could be an asset for a roster that already has upgraded itself this season with the addition of Carlos Boozer, Kyle Korver, Ronnie Brewer, C.J. Watson and Kurt Thomas.

McGrady has undergone surgeries on his left knee, and he played in just 30 games last season.

"He's good," Rose said. "He's a player. If he just gives us half of what he's got, we'll be all right.

"But I know a player like him, he's going to go out there and give us his all, but he'll definitely help us if we get him on the team."

Rose, 21, has been following McGrady's career since he came into the NBA in 1997.

"He was my favorite player when I was probably in like sixth or seventh grade, when he first came into the league," Rose said. "Then through high school, that's when LeBron [James] came, and then he was my favorite player.

"Now I'm my own favorite player."

07-24-2010, 02:42 AM
would be a good pickup if the bulls spend less than $5 million on him. too lazy to check how much cap room the bulls have left but there aren't any high caliber wing players left. tmac on a $5 million contract would be a medium risk, high reward player. the bulls need a good SG to complete a core capable of contending.

Chillen
07-24-2010, 03:50 AM
would be a good pickup if the bulls spend less than $5 million on him. too lazy to check how much cap room the bulls have left but there aren't any high caliber wing players left. tmac on a $5 million contract would be a medium risk, high reward player. the bulls need a good SG to complete a core capable of contending.

If he can stay healthy he would be worth the risk. If Rose wants him, he is supposed to workout for the Bulls on Monday, so if they like what they see pretty sure he will probably get signed.

DaDakota
07-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Yeah, good luck with that prima donna.

DD

TE
07-24-2010, 12:16 PM
would improve the team's scoring ability.

Indazone
07-24-2010, 03:05 PM
T-Mac needs to suck it up and get his attitude right or he's on the fast track out of the NBA.