PDA

View Full Version : Wojnarowski: Paul bends to King James’ rule

Spurs Brazil
07-24-2010, 07:55 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-paulfuture072310

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
Jul 23, 3:49 pm EDT

Chris Paul(notes) had come into the NBA with so much of Kevin Durant’s(notes) pureness of purpose: humble, grateful, still the kid who worked summers pumping gas and changing tires at his grandfather’s gas station in North Carolina. He constructed himself a reputation of values and character, and separated himself in all the best ways.

He should stay on course to be his generation’s Tim Duncan(notes), but that no longer appeals to Paul. He’s veered the wrong way, into the wrong clutches. Bad enough that LeBron James(notes) damaged his own standing in the sport this summer, he wants to take down Chris Paul with him too.

James, his business manager Maverick Carter and powerbroker William Wesley have far too much influence over Paul’s career, and they’re running it right out of the sunshine and into darkness. They’re using Paul as a commodity to elevate their clout, to show how they can take a player with no contractual leverage and muscle him out of New Orleans.

What they don’t care about – and maybe don’t understand – is that Paul built such a beautiful, unique relationship with the city of New Orleans. He’s been so truly invested there, a beacon and ambassador in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Yet, the James gang see these bonds as disposable and they’re convincing Paul of it, too.

In a Twitter pronouncement on Thursday, King James declared, “Best of luck to my brother [Chris Paul] … Do what’s best for You and your family.”

James was referencing Paul’s half-baked trade request that’s come through Worldwide Wes. Do what’s best for your family? Here’s an idea: What Paul ought to do is run away from James, Wesley, Carter and not stop moving until he’s returned to New Orleans and reaffirmed the obligations he’s made there. No, this isn’t a championship team, but a franchise player reveals himself in good times and bad.

What’s best for Paul’s family is best for everyone’s family in the NBA. It needs James to restrict the polluting onto others of his own warped value system. James plays for the Miami Heat, but somehow he wants control of transactions elsewhere, too. He wants the building of these so-called super teams to protect his own legacy, to make it look like he isn’t the only superstar searching for the easy way to championships.

Wesley has been running around for months trying to orchestrate a trade for Paul, and the packages he proposes are beyond comical. He doesn’t even know half the names of players on the rosters. CAA should take a long look in the mirror, and ask itself what kind of outfit it’s turned into with Wes running basketball operations.

Wes is a full-service middleman now: players, coaches and general managers. He has long orchestrated deals for players and coaches, but through CAA he’s also in the GM business now. Worldwide Wes was responsible for Oklahoma City Thunder executive Rich Cho getting hired as the Portland Trail Blazers’ GM. Now, Portland is one more franchise under the impression that Wes can broker a trade for Paul.

Before New Orleans hired Dell Demps as GM, Wes was asking people: Who is that guy? Now, Wesley and CAA will try to overrun the young, inexperienced Demps and coach Monty Williams with a trade demand. CAA does have a list of preferred teams, and Demps’ first act as GM should simply be to take the list and tear it up. Paul has two years left on his contract and no leverage unless the Hornets are foolish enough to relinquish it.

Paul is a first-team All-NBA talent, and you don’t trade those players. All the proposed deals for him bring back the same thing for New Orleans: far less value. Five nickels don’t add up to a quarter in basketball trades.

All this saga promises to do is cast Paul as an insolent star, and James’ group as the ultimate powerbrokers. Paul doesn’t want to hear this, but they’re preying on his insecurities. They’re using him.

In Paul’s earliest days with Team USA, officials preferred Deron Williams(notes) to him because they believed Williams was far more his own man. No one liked the way Paul was so eager to follow James, Carmelo Anthony(notes) and Dwyane Wade(notes). These changes haven’t come overnight with Paul, but over time. James, Carter and Wesley embarked on a long, orchestrated campaign to work Paul over, unfasten him from past loyalties and trusts, and transform him into a creation of their own.

And he’s let them, for no other reason than it seems Chris Paul believes this is somehow the path that will convince people that he belongs with the sport’s biggest stars. He could’ve stayed true to himself and elevated his standing, and now they’re dragging him down with them. Everyone else embraced Paul for an All-American image, for a wholesomeness, and it feels like he’s rejected it all now.

Chris Paul doesn’t need LeBron and Maverick and Wes. They need him. For their operation, Paul represents credibility. He’s always been better than this, and he needs to be again. As much as ever, the NBA needs Chris Paul to be true to his upbringing and character. Commitment always mattered to him, and it still should with the Hornets.

After all this bluster comes and goes this summer, and the Hornets don’t trade him, he still has to return to play there. All his brand new business partners have made that so much harder for him. He saved the NBA in New Orleans, and now it’s time he saves something else before it’s too late. His reputation, his good name.

All the advice that Chris Paul has ever needed out of LeBron James came calling in less than 140 characters on Thursday. Do what’s best for you and your family. Before it’s too late, Chris Paul needs to think for himself and respond with the best move of a brilliant young career: Turn around, go home and leave King James and his court of jesters far, far behind.

jacobdrj
07-24-2010, 07:59 AM
Uhh, had Tim had a crappy team back in 2000, he probably would have split too. But he had just won a title, and still had most of that core group.

Muser
07-24-2010, 08:00 AM
This has nothing to do with LeBron though, this is just Paul being a bitch.

Giuseppe
07-24-2010, 08:22 AM
When you quit you're on the line. And James quit.

MaNu4Tres
07-24-2010, 08:31 AM
So when Kobe wants to play with better talent it's okay.

But when LeBron wants to play with better talent it's not.

Makes a lot of sense.

My Fault
07-24-2010, 08:45 AM

He sure did

JamStone
07-24-2010, 08:54 AM
The article is suggesting that Chris Paul is being a bitch at the influence of LeBron and LeBron's "team," not that LeBron was wrong for leaving Cleveland. Basically, the article suggests that LeBron has corrupted CP3 and that LeBron is going on some power trip trying to affect other big moves in the NBA, and in part protecting his legacy so that he's not the only superstar player trying to form superteams.

It's an interesting take. And there's enough crap to put together a story like this. Wojo makes it seem a little more dramatic than what reality is. But it's interesting enough to see where he's going with it.

ogait
07-24-2010, 08:56 AM
"James plays for the Miami Heat, but somehow he wants control of transactions elsewhere, too. He wants the building of these so-called super teams to protect his own legacy, to make it look like he isn’t the only superstar searching for the easy way to championships."

I don't know what's more pathetic, arguments like this or people saying Lebron and friends are sacrificing a lot to play together in Miami. :bang

Giuseppe
07-24-2010, 08:57 AM

Makes a lot of sense.

I got no problem with James goin' to Miami.

But, James quit.

21_Blessings
07-24-2010, 09:14 AM
But, James quit.

And proceeded to blame it on his healthy elbow.

MaNu4Tres
07-24-2010, 09:23 AM
I got no problem with James goin' to Miami.

But, James quit.

27 points 19 rebounds 10 assists in game 6 against Boston.

Yeah he quit. Give me a break.

Something was wrong with him physically, but the man still competed.

Giuseppe
07-24-2010, 09:26 AM
27 points 19 rebounds 10 assists in game 6 against Boston.

Yeah he quit. Give me a break.

Something was wrong with him physically, but the man still competed.

Please. He got scared, panicked and started with the elbow malarkey. Then he quit.

MaNu4Tres
07-24-2010, 09:27 AM
Please. He got scared, panicked and started with the elbow malarkey. Then he quit.

Give me a break. You're clueless.

His stats against Boston were far better than your boy Kobe vs. Boston.

LeBron wasn't there physically as we are used to seeing. Something was obviously bothering him.

To say he quit is beyond foolish. The guy still put up 27 points 7 assists 9 rebounds for the series.

Muser
07-24-2010, 09:31 AM
Go watch game 5.

MaNu4Tres
07-24-2010, 09:32 AM
Go watch game 5.

Heaven forbid LeBron having an off night.

Muser
07-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Manu never stood in the corner not wanting the ball either.

spursncowboys
07-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Uhh, had Tim had a crappy team back in 2000, he probably would have split too. But he had just won a title, and still had most of that core group.

but timmy honored his contract.

poop
07-24-2010, 09:46 AM
which big market team will cp3 go to? its only a matter of time

Giuseppe
07-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Give me a break. You're clueless.

Hey, I'm thrilled that James quit. Beating Boston in CA. was much easier than beating Cleveland in OH..

Worked out just dandy for us.

poop
07-24-2010, 09:51 AM

uhh, that team was certainly nothing for tim to look forward to...it was basically Tim, DRob and a bunch of old-ass veterans and no-namers. not exactly a core for long term winning. most of that team was gone within a couple years and the Spurs completely rebuilt around tim. That title in '99 was won because of the God-like play on both ends by tim duncan and the domination of the twin towers. if he had bolted the spurs would have been a 30 win team for the next decade.

Booharv
07-24-2010, 09:56 AM
God damn Wojnarowski has been bashing Lebron all off season. From the World Wide Wes "We're going to Chicago" column and in several since. He's on a one man mission to ruin the guy's reputation. We get it bro, you hate his guts.

This is the passage I hate the most:

"James plays for the Miami Heat, but somehow he wants control of transactions elsewhere, too. He wants the building of these so-called super teams to protect his own legacy, to make it look like he isn’t the only superstar searching for the easy way to championships."

You can't just state what you think people are thinking like it's a fact in a column if you're trying to be an objective member of the media. James could be giving Paul the advice he got from KG: Too much loyalty will get you run down carrying a team that's going nowhere.

Also, everyone discounts the Delonte and his mom rumors. If those are true, that explains his bizarre attitude in game 5 to me. I don't know how I'd react if I found out some co-worker was fucking my mother. Sports fans make me laugh when they're like "Just shrug it off and play" as if that's how the human brain works.

Darrin
07-24-2010, 09:57 AM
This is such nonsense. New Orleans has a special relationship with Chris Paul. The Hornets have done nothing in the past three years to indicate they know what they are doing. Wasting time waiting for a couple of pieces to fall into their lap, Paul has decided not to play second-fiddle and get the move on towards an NBA CHAMPIONSHIP.

In case you haven't noticed, this is what caring about winning looks like. He's hardly the first, but he is the first after Lebron James. He wants a team that can challenge the Heat. There's nothing wrong with that.

NBA Cares promos are not what Paul is after for the rest of his career.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2010, 10:02 AM
How many off nights has Manu had in the playoffs? People don't notice because he has Tony and Tim to back him up. LeBron had Mo Williams...

:lmao what a stupid comparison

SenorSpur
07-24-2010, 10:45 AM

:tu :tu

ploto
07-24-2010, 10:53 AM
Wojnarowski-- let it go. Yahoo needs to force you to write about something that does not involve LBJ.

ducks
07-24-2010, 11:07 AM
What did LeBron do exactly that was so wrong? If the Cavs built around James the way the Thunder are building around Durant then LeBron easily would have stayed regardless of what Miami was cooking up. The only guilty member in LeBron leaving Cleveland is the Cavs organization.

cavs built best record in the regular season
the other players and james quit and stopped acting
they got that from james

Will Hunting
07-24-2010, 11:09 AM
This is such nonsense. New Orleans has a special relationship with Chris Paul. The Hornets have done nothing in the past three years to indicate they know what they are doing. Wasting time waiting for a couple of pieces to fall into their lap, Paul has decided not to play second-fiddle and get the move on towards an NBA CHAMPIONSHIP.

In case you haven't noticed, this is what caring about winning looks like. He's hardly the first, but he is the first after Lebron James. He wants a team that can challenge the Heat. There's nothing wrong with that.

NBA Cares promos are not what Paul is after for the rest of his career.

Lookit you fat jobless fuckstick, your posts suck and don't contribute anything.

InRareForm
07-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Woj is right even tho every article is about bickering about bitchass players lol

TheGreatest23
07-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Heaven forbid LeBron having an off night.

there's a difference between having a night off and quitting.

MaNu4Tres
07-24-2010, 11:38 AM
there's a difference between having a night off and quitting.

How is 27 9 and 7 quitting..?

Not to mention 27 19 and 10 in the final game?

TheGreatest23
07-24-2010, 11:39 AM
What did LeBron do exactly that was so wrong? If the Cavs built around James the way the Thunder are building around Durant then LeBron easily would have stayed regardless of what Miami was cooking up. The only guilty member in LeBron leaving Cleveland is the Cavs organization.

so the Thunder role players are better then the Cavs role players?

TheGreatest23
07-24-2010, 11:41 AM
How is 27 9 and 7 quitting..?

Not to mention 27 19 and 10 in the final game?

You must have not watched the games. I can understand why you post stats as your arguement.

MaNu4Tres
07-24-2010, 11:44 AM
You must have not watched the games. I can understand why you post stats as your arguement.

I did watch the games and he wasn't the same physically (elbow; or for w/e reason). But he still competed and was the most productive player on the floor.

Will Hunting
07-24-2010, 11:51 AM
I did watch the games and he wasn't the same physically (elbow; or for w/e reason). But he still competed and was the most productive player on the floor.

That "for w/e reason" was him quitting fuckstick.

MaNu4Tres
07-24-2010, 11:53 AM
:lol

Get a clue.

atxbuttknocker
07-24-2010, 11:54 AM
He quit, we got the tape, then he ran from the challenge. There was no excuse, he just quit. Similar to Duncan in the Olympics, he quit too, on his country, then vowed never to represent his country again, similar to the act James pulled on Cleveland. His excuse, I don't like Euro rules...:lol So you clowns role with that, but he still quit.

:elephant :elephant

atxbuttknocker
07-24-2010, 11:54 AM
:lmao "role" with that

TE
07-24-2010, 11:55 AM
He quit, we got the tape, then he ran from the challenge. There was no excuse, he just quit. Similar to Duncan in the Olympics, he quit too, on his country, then vowed never to represent his country again, similar to the act James pulled on Cleveland. His excuse, I don't like Euro rules...:lol So you clowns role with that, but he still quit.

Coming up with assumptions out of thin air once again. Duncan did not quit, that team SUCKED in terms of chemistry. A.I. sucked the life out of that team and Duncan's talent wasn't as utilized as could be. He didn't quit, he just decided that it wasn't worth the wear and tear...Lebron on the other hand, quit, per se.

panic giraffe
07-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Not exactly, but comparing when LeBron's Cavs when he was 21 to the Thunder right now- the Thunder is younger with more potential. OKC has lots of assets, young players, they're taking their time basically.

and it was bron's fault that the cavs we're trying to rush it.

panic giraffe
07-24-2010, 12:06 PM
The San Antonio Heat fans are extremely sensitive about their Lebron. Gooooooo Heat!!!!!

man this sa heat shit is too played out. give it up. you got your main man gasol and his number 2 kobe, so stop bitching about the heat.

sadly though, i would rather both teams lose when the lakers play the heat. both are just sad.

Muser
07-24-2010, 12:07 PM
But LeBron wanted those moves.

panic giraffe
07-24-2010, 12:08 PM
But LeBron wanted those moves.

echo.

JamStone
07-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Coming up with assumptions out of thin air once again. Duncan did not quit, that team SUCKED in terms of chemistry. A.I. sucked the life out of that team and Duncan's talent wasn't as utilized as could be. He didn't quit, he just decided that it wasn't worth the wear and tear...Lebron on the other hand, quit, per se.

I'm not saying Duncan quit. I wouldn't say that.

But you're not providing evidence that Duncan didn't quit. You're trying to justify why he did.

Booharv
07-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Truthfully, I never got the impression Duncan cared that much about the Olympics and was more frustrated that he wasted an offseason when he could have been resting playing competitively only to get a bronze medal. After that waste of time he was done with the whole thing, but its not like he ever sat around regretting it. But like Wojnarowski, I'm only basing that interpretation on my own personal guesswork of this thought process which is filtered through my own biases.

Kevin Durant 35
07-24-2010, 12:41 PM
what did lebron do exactly that was so wrong? If the cavs built around james the way the thunder are building around durant then lebron easily would have stayed regardless of what miami was cooking up. The only guilty member in lebron leaving cleveland is the cavs organization.

+1

Kevin Durant 35
07-24-2010, 12:47 PM
so the Thunder role players are better then the Cavs role players?

Imma have to say yes compare 2nd best playor on Cavs with 2nd best player on Thunder.

R. Westbrook>>>M. Williams

During postseason when Durant had a bad game Westbrook stood up and took the game over but when LeBron had a bad night none of his teammates helped.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2010, 12:51 PM
More Cleveland failures:

Drafting Eyenga over DeJuan Blair?
Signing Jamario Moon and Anthony Parker, there were better trade/FA options.

Please feel free to add to the list.

There weren't better options. No one wanted to sign with Cleveland long term last summer because Lebron wasn't gonna give a long term commitment.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Cleveland by no means made the best moves in the world, but they were all moves Lebron wanted, and they were enough to win 60+ games for two straight years. The first season MJ's Bulls won 60 games, MJ won his first championship.

Trainwreck2100
07-24-2010, 01:01 PM

He didn't quit he spent half the games on the bench, then that dumb fuckstick marion fouled manu for a 4 point play near the end of the Argie game

Zelophehad
07-24-2010, 01:02 PM
Cleveland by no means made the best moves in the world, but they were all moves Lebron wanted, and they were enough to win 60+ games for two straight years. The first season MJ's Bulls won 60 games, MJ won his first championship.

Lebron's not Jordan, no one is. That's a bad comparison.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm sure the Cavs could have tired to get in on the Vince Carter or Richard Jefferson hunts as well. They did get Shaq, and they should have given up all they could to get Amar'e.

:lol you think Dick Jefferson woulda put them over the top?

After the 2009 season Shaq was by far a better option than VC or Dick. He had just made the AS game and looked rejuvenated, Lebron shoulda been on Shaq's ass like Kobe's on Gasol's ass so Shaq wouldn't put on 50 pounds after the 2009 season was over like he did. I'll give you the Amare thing, but we both know that if Lebron went to the front office and said get Amare, they would have in an instant.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Lebron's not Jordan

:tu

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Jefferson would have been better than Moon and Parker, especially with a play-maker like James.

Did Moon and Parker use hypnosis to make Lebron stop attacking the rim and go 3-14 in game 5?

HarlemHeat37
07-24-2010, 01:12 PM
These arguments are so bad:lol..

Even if Lebron wanted these moves to be made, he's not a fucking GM..as we have seen with many, if not all the top players that have been in that position, they have no idea how to properly evaluate other players' talents and make moves..it's not his job, his job is to play basketball..

A good GM doesn't listen to that..when Kobe asked for Bynum to be traded, Kupchak didn't listen, for example..

Also, where did it say that Lebron asked for these moves to be made?..I could be wrong, but I don't remember that..if Wojo is the source, then obviously that's an extremely biased source..that would be like giving me sources, and then listening to my opinion about Kobe..

The argument that Cleveland couldn't make any moves because Lebron didn't sign a contract through 2010 is :lol..he had already signed an extension years ago, giving them even more time to make moves..they had 7 years to surround him with championship-level talent, and they didn't..he has never played with another top 50 player on his team..

I've already shown why Lebron's teams and supporting casts failed in the playoffs in past threads, it's not really arguable..it's a reach of an argument, especially since he put up a historic playoff run in 2009, and he had one of the best overall playoffs of anybody in 2010, even when he struggled at times vs. Boston..

:lol @ that Shaq argument..Shaq has one of the biggest egos in NBA history, and he has never listened to anybody, his actions couldn't even be controlled by the greatest coach of all-time AND Kobe Bryant, but you hold that against Lebron?..

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2010, 01:18 PM
:lol @ that Shaq argument..Shaq has one of the biggest egos in NBA history, and he has never listened to anybody, his actions couldn't even be controlled by the greatest coach of all-time AND Kobe Bryant, but you hold that against Lebron?..
The fuckin Phoenix Suns managed to keep his weight and conditioning under control, given how much you want Lebron's dick in your ass I figure he would be able to as well.

Also, he signed an extension the year before he would have been a restricted free agent and would have had any offer matched by Cleveland. Lets not pretend he stayed in Cleveland any longer than he had to.

Muser
07-24-2010, 01:20 PM
The fuckin Phoenix Suns managed to keep his weight and conditioning under control, given how much you want Lebron's dick in your ass I figure he would be able to as well.

:lmao

HarlemHeat37
07-24-2010, 01:23 PM
:lol Lebron shot 12 free throws in game 5 IIRC..yes, he did shoot a lot of jump shots, but Boston sagged the paint the entire game, and pretty much all of his jump shots were wide open or semi-wide open..this isn't arguable, go look at the footage..

The only way to prove if somebody actually quit is if they stop shooting IMO..

King averaged 11 FTA per game during the playoffs, and he exceeded that in game 5, by shooting 12 free throws..but ya, he stopped attacking the paint and played so much differently:lol..

Veterinarian
07-24-2010, 01:23 PM
These arguments are so bad:lol..

Even if Lebron wanted these moves to be made, he's not a fucking GM..as we have seen with many, if not all the top players that have been in that position, they have no idea how to properly evaluate other players' talents and make moves..it's not his job, his job is to play basketball..

A good GM doesn't listen to that..when Kobe asked for Bynum to be traded, Kupchak didn't listen, for example..

Also, where did it say that Lebron asked for these moves to be made?..I could be wrong, but I don't remember that..if Wojo is the source, then obviously that's an extremely biased source..that would be like giving me sources, and then listening to my opinion about Kobe..

The argument that Cleveland couldn't make any moves because Lebron didn't sign a contract through 2010 is :lol..he had already signed an extension years ago, giving them even more time to make moves..they had 7 years to surround him with championship-level talent, and they didn't..he has never played with another top 50 player on his team..

I've already shown why Lebron's teams and supporting casts failed in the playoffs in past threads, it's not really arguable..it's a reach of an argument, especially since he put up a historic playoff run in 2009, and he had one of the best overall playoffs of anybody in 2010, even when he struggled at times vs. Boston..

HarlemHeat as usual delivering the goods :toast

Muser
07-24-2010, 01:24 PM
:lol Lebron shot 12 free throws in game 5 IIRC..yes, he did shoot a lot of jump shots, but Boston sagged the paint the entire game, and pretty much all of his jump shots were wide open or semi-wide open..this isn't arguable, go look at the footage..

The only way to prove if somebody actually quit is if they stop shooting IMO..

King averaged 11 FTA per game during the playoffs, and he exceeded that in game 5, by shooting 12 free throws..but ya, he stopped attacking the paint and played so much differently:lol..

So when LeBron keeps shooting he's some kind of awesome warrior but when Kobe keeps shooting you're all over it like flies on shit.

HarlemHeat37
07-24-2010, 01:24 PM

The Phoenix Suns have miracle-workers in their medical staff, this is obviously common knowledge..the fact that they maintained Shaq's weight and kept him motivated, but the greatest coach of all-time and a top 10 player of all-time couldn't, speaks volumes on that IMO..

What does me wanting King's penis in my ass have to do with anything?..

Veterinarian
07-24-2010, 01:26 PM
The Phoenix Suns have miracle-workers in their medical staff, this is obviously common knowledge..the fact that they maintained Shaq's weight and kept him motivated, but the greatest coach of all-time and a top 10 player of all-time couldn't, speaks volumes on that IMO..

Crucify em HarlemHeat, tie that 0 and forever Sun fan ass to the tree of woe!

HarlemHeat37
07-24-2010, 01:26 PM
So when LeBron keeps shooting he's some kind of awesome warrior but when Kobe keeps shooting him your all over it like flies on shit.

What a stupid generalization, and it doesn't even make any sense..

I've defended Kobe shooting a high amount of times a lot more than I've criticized him for it..as I've said many times, I've always found the criticism of Kobe shooting a high number of shots to be a ridiculous argument, and I hate when my fellow Kobe haters use it..

It makes sense at certain times, like when Pau doesn't touch the ball or when he goes 6-24 and people on his own team criticize him for it, but it's a poor argument most of the time, especially in regards to the 2006 and 2007 Lakers..

That has nothing to do with this argument anyways..Kobe stopped shooting for an entire half of the most important game of the season..there's a huge middle ground between not shooting for the half(or barely shooting, however amount of FGAs he actually took) and taking 24 inefficient shots in a game 7..

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2010, 01:28 PM

The Phoenix Suns' medical staff can only lead a horse to water, it's up to the horse to drink. The slow start Cleveland got off to every year speaks volumes about Lebron IMO.

You desiring the sodomization of Lebron is relevant because you view him as some ungodly leader. Someone as awesome at leading as Lebron surely wouldn't let his teammates put on 50 pounds in an off season.

HarlemHeat37
07-24-2010, 01:30 PM
The Phoenix Suns' medical staff can only lead a horse to water, it's up to the horse to drink. The slow start Cleveland got off to every year speaks volumes about Lebron IMO.

You desiring the sodomization of Lebron is relevant because you view him as some ungodly leader. Someone as awesome at leading as Lebron surely wouldn't let his teammates put on 50 pounds in an off season.

So you wanted Lebron to monitor Shaq's activity during the off-season?..his time off from basketball?..

Do you hold Phil Jackson and Kobe to these same standards?..they certainly failed at keeping Shaq's weight in check, he even missed parts of the regular season multiple times due to his poor work ethic..

Veterinarian
I love tabbed browsing.

I'm ordering duct tape, researching Rohypnol, and setting up my Match.com profile all at once.

Veterinarian
Oops went a little too far with my culburn impersonation.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2010, 01:32 PM
LeBron would have had to had a much better night than half of the Celtics to overcome all of that.
Yeah, he would have had to play like the best player on the court. Since he was the best player on the court, that doesn't seem like too much to ask.

elbamba
07-24-2010, 01:33 PM

Makes a lot of sense.

Kobe was blasted at the time he demanded a trade. He was even booed in LA. People forget this.

Zelophehad
07-24-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm surprised no one has brought up 6-24 yet, unless I missed it. Lebron's close out game destroys Kobe's.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2010, 01:35 PM
So you wanted Lebron to monitor Shaq's activity during the off-season?..his time off from basketball?
When he saw how much weight Shaq was putting on, he shoulda basically said listen fatass this is my team and I'm not gonna put up with teammates getting lazy and fat.

benefactor
07-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Wojnarowski-- let it go.

dallasmavsnfuego214
07-24-2010, 01:41 PM