PDA

View Full Version : An Open Conspiracy to Slant the News

spursncowboys
07-24-2010, 10:02 AM
The JournoList has started to leak like an over-ripe diaper.

Just in case you’ve been living in a cave, or if you only get your news from MSNBC, here’s the story. A young blogger, Ezra Klein, formerly of the avowedly left-wing American Prospect and now with the avowedly mainstream Washington Post, founded the e-mail listserv JournoList for like-minded liberals to hash out and develop ideas. Some 400 people joined the by-invitation-only group. Most, it seems, were in the media, but many hailed from academia, think tanks, and the world of forthright liberal activism generally. They spoke freely about their political and personal biases, including their hatred of Fox News and Rush Limbaugh.

#ad#That off-the-record intellectual bacchanalia has started to haunt the participants like an inexplicable rash after a wild party during Fleet Week.

Last month, David Weigel, a young Washington Post blogger hired to report on conservative politics, ostensibly from a sympathetic perspective, left the Post thanks to his damning statements on JournoList (conservatives are racists, Rush Limbaugh should die, etc.).

Now the diaper is coming off entirely. Perhaps stretching the diaper metaphor too far, what’s inside JournoList may stink, but it’s no surprise that it does. JournoList e-mails obtained by the Daily Caller reveal what anybody with two neurons to rub together already knew: Professional liberals don’t like Republicans and do like Democrats. They can be awfully smug and condescending in their sense of intellectual and moral superiority. They tend to ascribe evil motives to their political opponents -- sometimes even when they know it’s unfair. One obscure blogger insisted that liberals should arbitrarily demonize a conservative journalist as a racist to scare conservatives away from covering stories that might hurt Obama.

Oh, and -- surprise! -- it turns out that the “O” in JournoList stands for “Obama.”

In 2008, participants shared talking points about how to shape coverage to help Obama. They tried to paint any negative coverage of Obama’s racist and hateful pastor, Jeremiah Wright, as out of bounds. Journalists at such “objective” news organizations as Newsweek, Bloomberg, Time, and The Economist joined conversations with open partisans about the best way to criticize Sarah Palin.

Like an Amish community raising a barn, members of the progressive community got together to hammer out talking points. Amidst a discussion of Palin, Chris Hayes, a writer for The Nation, wrote: “Keep the ideas coming! Have to go on TV to talk about this in a few min and need all the help I can get.” Time’s Joe Klein admitted to his fellow JournoListers that he’d collected the listserv’s bric-a-brac and fashioned it into a brickbat aimed at Palin.

Many conservatives think JournoList is the smoking gun that proves not just liberal media bias (already well-established) but something far more elusive as well: the Sasquatch known as the Liberal Media Conspiracy.

I’m not so sure. In the 1930s, the New York Times deliberately whitewashed Stalin’s murders. In 1964, CBS reported that Barry Goldwater was tied up with German Nazis. In 1985, the Los Angeles Times polled 2,700 journalists at 621 newspapers and found that journalists identified themselves as liberal by a factor of 3 to 1. Their actual views on issues were far more liberal than even that would suggest. Just for the record, Ezra Klein was born in 1984.

In other words, JournoList is a symptom, not the disease. And the disease is not a secret conspiracy but something more like the “open conspiracy” H. G. Wells fantasized about, where the smartest, best people at every institution make their progressive vision for the world their top priority.

As James DeLong, a fellow at the Digital Society, correctly noted on the Enterprise Blog, “The real problem with JournoList is that much of it consisted of exchanges among people who worked for institutions about how to best hijack their employers for the cause of Progressivism.”

For a liberal activist, that’s forgivable, I guess. But academics? Reporters? Editors? Even liberal opinion writers aren’t supposed to “coordinate” their messages with the mother ship.

The conservative movement at least admits it is a movement (even though conservatives outnumber liberals 2-1 in this country). Establishment liberalism, not just in the press but also in the White House, academia, and Hollywood, holds power by refusing to make the same concession. “This isn’t about ideology.#...#We just call them like we see them.#...#We don’t have an agenda.”

The open conspiracy that perpetuates that lie is far more pernicious than any chat room.
http://article.nationalreview.com/438552/an-open-conspiracy-to-slant-the-news/jonah-goldberg
Word.

George Gervin's Afro
07-24-2010, 10:08 AM
http://article.nationalreview.com/438552/an-open-conspiracy-to-slant-the-news/jonah-goldberg
Word.

where's the evidence? nice opinion piece.

In 2008, participants shared talking points about how to shape coverage to help Obama. They tried to paint any negative coverage of Obama’s racist and hateful pastor, Jeremiah Wright, as out of bounds. Journalists at such “objective” news organizations as Newsweek, Bloomberg, Time, and The Economist joined conversations with open partisans about the best way to criticize Sarah Palin.

my favorite part of the story. are we supposed to just believe the right wing blogger?

Yonivore
07-24-2010, 10:28 AM
where's the evidence? nice opinion piece.

my favorite part of the story. are we supposed to just believe the right wing blogger?
Maybe you should follow the story of the Journolist, George. I think you'd find your evidence.

boutons_deux
07-24-2010, 10:31 AM
Slanted Jonah Goldberg? ranting about slants that don't parallel his slants?

:lol :lol :lol :lol

George Gervin's Afro
07-24-2010, 10:35 AM
Maybe you should follow the story of the Journolist, George. I think you'd find your evidence.

I'm waiting to see the evidence! This could be huge....:lmao

Yonivore
07-24-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm waiting to see the evidence! This could be huge....:lmao
Why are you waiting? Who's bringing to you?

George Gervin's Afro
07-24-2010, 10:52 AM
Why are you waiting? Who's bringing to you?

where i come from the people who do the accusing usually provide evidence to back it up... call me traditional..

Yonivore
07-24-2010, 10:57 AM
where i come from the people who do the accusing usually provide evidence to back it up... call me traditional..
That's non-responsive.

So, you contend Journolist was not a confederation of hundreds of left-leaning "journalists" who tried to direct the narratives of each other's reporting?

Just checking.

And, if you don't, what is your understanding of what was Journalist?

spursncowboys
07-24-2010, 10:57 AM
gga: no you're an idiot. love to read a post of yours with some substance.

George Gervin's Afro
07-24-2010, 11:06 AM
That's non-responsive.

So, you contend Journolist was not a confederation of hundreds of left-leaning "journalists" who tried to direct the narratives of each other's reporting?

Just checking.

And, if you don't, what is your understanding of what was Journalist?

I'd like to se some proof of them directing the narrative's of eachother's reporting. SHould I just take Jonah Golberg's word for t?

spursncowboys
07-24-2010, 11:09 AM
whatever troll. I guess you need everything spoonfed. Of course you wont hear it on Olbermann's show.

Yonivore
07-24-2010, 11:09 AM
I'd like to se some proof of them directing the narrative's of eachother's reporting. SHould I just take Jonah Golberg's word for t?
No, you shouldn't. But, you should delve into the subject. Others are reporting on it and including excerpts of Journolist e-mails that are fairly damning, if you ask me.

Evidence of driving the narratives behind the Jeremiah Wright - Obama relationship. Evidence of driving the narratives behind McCain's selection of Sarah Palin as Vice Presidential candidate.

Both of which seem to be narratives that dominated reporting contemporaneous to the e-mails.

It also seems there's an Obama staff member that was also a member of Journolist.

I'll let you decide if you're interested enough to do your own investigating, I'm tired of spoon-feeding the Obama deniers on this board.

Yonivore
07-24-2010, 11:12 AM
I would imagine you're also unaware the special Inspector General, investigating the forced closure of all those GM and Chrysler dealerships, has issued a report that pretty much says the dealerships picked for closure were selected - in part - on the basis of the race or sex of the owner and their political affiliation.

That reports out there, as well.

But, I don't expect it to make the news.

George Gervin's Afro
07-24-2010, 11:12 AM
No, you shouldn't. But, you should delve into the subject. Others are reporting on it and including excerpts of Journolist e-mails that are fairly damning, if you ask me.

Evidence of driving the narratives behind the Jeremiah Wright - Obama relationship. Evidence of driving the narratives behind McCain's selection of Sarah Palin as Vice Presidential candidate.

Both of which seem to be narratives that dominated reporting contemporaneous to the e-mails.

It also seems there's an Obama staff member that was also a member of Journolist.

I'll let you decide if you're interested enough to do your own investigating, I'm tired of spoon-feeding the Obama deniers on this board.

so there's no evidence...:lmao

spursncowboys
07-24-2010, 11:15 AM
what evidence specifically are you asking about troll?

Yonivore
07-24-2010, 11:15 AM
How 'bout that Charlie Rangel?

No. 4 in the swamp Pelosi promised to drain back in 2006.

Other than the fact he's been charged, the news is trying desperately to avoid tying this to any general corruption in the Democrat party. Hell, Pelosi and Reid were both fairly supportive of Rangel up until yesterday...

I think the wheels are flying off with or without the mainstream media reporting it. And, with or without George Gervin's Afro bothering to inform himself on any of the scandals percolating up the pipe.

Yonivore
07-24-2010, 11:16 AM
so there's no evidence...:lmao
Obviously not in your possession but, thankfully, you're not in a position to do much either way.

Look, you can choose to be interested or not; matters little to me.

George Gervin's Afro
07-24-2010, 11:18 AM
what evidence specifically are you asking about troll?

I'd assume Goldberg has proof..why wouldn't he provide it? It's a damning accusation................so I suppose asking him to prove it is too much to ask for?

George Gervin's Afro
07-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Obviously not in your possession but, thankfully, you're not in a position to do much either way.

Look, you can choose to be interested or not; matters little to me.

ok yoni you and the backslappers can nail the media on this thread..have fun..!

spursncowboys
07-24-2010, 11:20 AM
have you asked him, troll, for this evidence that you cannot seem to specify?

George Gervin's Afro
07-24-2010, 11:29 AM
have you asked him, troll, for this evidence that you cannot seem to specify?

I'd assume Goldberg has proof..why wouldn't he provide it? It's a damning accusation................so I suppose asking him to prove it is too much to ask for?

spursncowboys
07-24-2010, 11:31 AM
why not google journolist?

Yonivore
07-24-2010, 11:32 AM
?
Probably because there's only so much column space dedicated to an opinion piece and maybe, just maybe, he believed his readers would be interested enough to read up on the Journolist.

I guess he's never met you. Of course, you're not a reader of his, either...

Yonivore
07-24-2010, 11:33 AM
why not google journolist?
OH GOD! No! Don't do that!

spursncowboys
07-24-2010, 11:33 AM
Probably because there's only so much column space dedicated to an opinion piece and maybe, just maybe, he believed his readers would be interested enough to read up on the Journolist.

I guess he's never met you. Of course, you're not a reader of his, either...
gga doesn't seem to be a reader period.

LnGrrrR
07-24-2010, 12:48 PM
Even if these liberals did try to create a narrative... so? I mean, sure it's shady and unethical, but do we really think that a group of conservatives AREN'T doing this somewhere? :lol

LnGrrrR
07-24-2010, 12:49 PM
I mean, isn't that what political campaigns do all the time?

George Gervin's Afro
07-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Even if these liberals did try to create a narrative... so? I mean, sure it's shady and unethical, but do we really think that a group of conservatives AREN'T doing this somewhere? :lol

what?

LnGrrrR
07-24-2010, 12:58 PM
what?

Journalists should stand on their own statements, not get into a conspiracy and synchronize columns in order to slam a political opponent.

George Gervin's Afro
07-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Journalists should stand on their own statements, not get into a conspiracy and synchronize columns in order to slam a political opponent.

see fox news..

on a side note i agree. it's weak if people get together to manufacture or coordinate the reporting of the news

spursncowboys
07-24-2010, 01:07 PM
I would imagine you're also unaware the special Inspector General, investigating the forced closure of all those GM and Chrysler dealerships, has issued a report that pretty much says the dealerships picked for closure were selected - in part - on the basis of the race or sex of the owner and their political affiliation.

That reports out there, as well.

But, I don't expect it to make the news.
I was unaware. That is criminal.

George Gervin's Afro
07-24-2010, 01:08 PM
I was unaware. That is criminal.

I'd wait until more information came out... yoni jumps the gun alot

ChumpDumper
07-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Yoni lies all the time.

And repeatedly turned a blind eye to the collusion of Republicans, Fox News and conservative columnists and radio hosts.

Glass houses.

boutons_deux
07-24-2010, 02:17 PM
The self-defeating shit Yoni drags in here is saying the best he can muster about the Repugs is they are no worse than the Dems, which is a lie and of course right-wing-nuttiness, not that the Repugs are good for anything, esp not good for the country.

dubya on Mt Rushmore? Yeah, Yoni, it's coming.

Yonivore
07-24-2010, 03:27 PM
I'd wait until more information came out... yoni jumps the gun alot
Fuck, George! Why don't you just seek out the facts?

The information IS OUT!

I guess you meant, "I'd wait until the media spins it out there..."

"FACTORS AFFECTING THE DECISIONS OF GENERAL MOTORS AND CHRYSLER TO REDUCE THEIR DEALERSHIP NETWORKS" (http://www.sigtarp.gov/reports/audit/2010/Factors%20Affecting%20the%20Decisions%20of%20Gener al%20Motors%20and%20Chrysler%20to%20Reduce%20Their %20Dealership%20Networks%207_19_2010.pdf)
46 PAGES OF FACTS...

Here's one for a teaser:

[D]ealerships were retained because they were recently appointed, were key wholesale parts dealers, or were minority- or woman-owned dealerships.
What does race or sex have to do with economics?

George Gervin's Afro
07-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Fuck, George! Why don't you just seek out the facts?

The information IS OUT!

I guess you meant, "I'd wait until the media spins it out there..."

"FACTORS AFFECTING THE DECISIONS OF GENERAL MOTORS AND CHRYSLER TO REDUCE THEIR DEALERSHIP NETWORKS" (http://www.sigtarp.gov/reports/audit/2010/Factors%20Affecting%20the%20Decisions%20of%20Gener al%20Motors%20and%20Chrysler%20to%20Reduce%20Their %20Dealership%20Networks%207_19_2010.pdf)
46 PAGES OF FACTS...

Here's one for a teaser:

What does race or sex have to do with economics?

hey dumbass did you read the document? I just wasted 15minutes of my day going through it and found about 1/2 of the report went through in detail of what factors were weighed... Both GM and Chrysler had criteria but fully acknowledged there were some decisions that did not follow the criteria established.

You're a liar.. and a bad one at that.

The DEALERS made the decisions yoni, no one in the govt had anything to do with it..

Yonivore
07-24-2010, 04:49 PM
hey dumbass did you read the document? I just wasted 15minutes of my day going through it and found about 1/2 of the report went through in detail of what factors were weighed... Both GM and Chrysler had criteria but fully acknowledged there were some decisions that did not follow the criteria established.

The DEALERS made the decisions yoni, no one in the govt had anything to do with it..
You're naive.

Shuttering the dealerships was a Treasury recommendation and Obama appointed a "Car Czar" and task force to oversee it...

Who do you think was telling the Auto manufacturers how to shut down dealerships?

George Gervin's Afro
07-24-2010, 04:50 PM
You're naive

:lmao

translation I never read the document... nice Fox Newsing yoni.. someone call breitbart, o'keefe..!

Winehole23
07-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Another SnC hallmark is having two threads about the very same topic on page one.

As I recall it, SnC debuted that way here.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2090835

George Gervin's Afro
07-24-2010, 06:01 PM
You're naive.

Shuttering the dealerships was a Treasury recommendation and Obama appointed a "Car Czar" and task force to oversee it...

Who do you think was telling the Auto manufacturers how to shut down dealerships?

they didn't tell them which ones to close yoni.. ..

byrontx
07-24-2010, 10:19 PM
Murdock, Cox, Hearst. The reality is that the news ownership is dominated by wing-nuts and the Republican noise machine operates at full blast. The so-called bias of mainstream media is Orwellian bullshit.

CosmicCowboy
07-24-2010, 10:50 PM

They sure as hell DID!

http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/07/race_played_role_in_obama_car.html

The Obama administration, already under fire for unprecedented allegations of racial bias, faces a new bias claim from a most unlikely source: one of the administration's own inspectors general.

Decisions on which car dealerships to close as part of the auto industry bailout -- closures the Obama administration forced on General Motors and Chrysler -- were based in part on race and gender, according to a report by Troubled Asset Relief Program Special Inspector General Neal M. Barofsky.

[D]ealerships were retained because they were recently appointed, were key wholesale parts dealers, or were minority- or woman-owned dealerships. [Emphasis added.]

Thus, to meet numbers forced on them by the Obama administration, General Motors and Chrysler were forced to shutter other, potentially more viable, dealerships. The livelihood of potentially tens of thousands of families was thus eliminated simply because their dealerships were not minority- or woman-owned.

As has been widely reported, the Inspector General's study skewered the Obama Gang for strong-arming the companies into closing 2,000 dealerships, costing an estimated 100,000 people their jobs during a recession.

But the news media has ignored key elements of Barofsky's report -- elements that are far more damaging, if possible, to Obama. As we reported earlier in the week, a top Obama official, manufacturing czar and "Auto Team" leader Ron Bloom admitted that the dealerships could have been kept open, saving those jobs, "but that doing so would have been inconsistent with the President's mandate for 'shared sacrifice.'"

Barofsky says the administration insisted on the closings even though a GM official told him

that GM would usually save 'not one damn cent' by closing any particular dealership. ... Furthermore, a GM official stated that removing a dealership from the network does not save money for GM -- it might even cost GM money -- and that savings cannot be attributed or assigned to any one dealership.

And a reading of the IG's study makes plain that some dealership closings forced by the administration were based largely on politics.

The report is highly critical of how dealerships were selected for closure, or termination. Barofsky notes that

experts said that while metro areas were oversaturated with GM and Chrysler dealerships and reductions were needed in these areas, this was not the case in rural areas where GM and Chrysler had an advantage over their import competitors. [...]

Although sales volume in small towns may be lower, the cost of operating dealerships in small towns is lower as well. In addition, closing dealerships in small towns could ruin the "historic relationship" that GM has had with residents in small towns and force buyers to drive to metro areas, where there are more competitors. In the worst case, the loss of market share in small and medium-sized markets could "jeopardize the return to profitability" for GM and Chrysler, the (the Center for Automotive Research) representative said. Representatives from the National Automobile Dealers Association also concurred that dealership terminations would cause GM and Chrysler to lose market share in rural areas. [Emphasis added.]

Nevertheless, as Barofsky notes, "ultimately close to half of all of the GM dealerships identified for termination were in rural areas."

That is where raw, hard, sewage-filled Chicago politics came into play.

Records indicate that in 2008, Obama lost the vote totals in the nation's 1,300 rural counties by nearly 80%.

The Obama administration's insistence on radical numbers of closures ended up shuttering dealerships in those rural areas disproportionately, while dealerships and jobs in metro areas -- Obama's geographical base -- were left open.

Additionally, it has been widely theorized that dealers targeted for closure as a result of Obama's interference were predominantly those who donated campaign contributions to Republicans. Although evidence to date is largely anecdotal, given what we've already reported about the Obama administration's handling of the auto bailout, such speculation does have considerable grounds for support.

While that last point is leaves room for debate, the details contained in the Barofsky report are not. As Barofsky points out, the Obama administration was given an advance copy, and "Treasury [the Obama Treasury Department] might not agree with how the audit's conclusions portray the Auto Team's decision making or with the lessons that SIGTARP has drawn from those facts, but it should be made clear that Treasury has not challenged the essential underlying facts upon which those conclusions are based."

Included among those undisputed facts:

-"[D]ealerships were retained because they were ... minority- or woman-owned dealerships";

-Thousands of jobs were lost, unnecessarily, due specifically to Obama's "mandate for shared sacrifice";

-A disproportionate number of Obama-forced closings were of rural dealerships, in areas unfriendly to Obama, even though such closures could "jeopardize the return to profitability" for GM and Chrysler.

CosmicCowboy
07-24-2010, 10:57 PM
Don't like that link?

Heres another one...

http://www.freep.com/article/20100718/BUSINESS01/100718016/1014/business01

Theres a bunch more where those came from.

Googles your friend, shit for brains.

spursncowboys
07-24-2010, 11:46 PM
You're right. The buck stops somewhere before Obama. We forget sometiimes that obama isn't a leader. sorry bout the confusion.

spursncowboys
07-24-2010, 11:48 PM
Another SnC hallmark is having two threads about the very same topic on page one.

typical winehoe post. No substance but going after the poster and not their subject. All while blogging about himself. Are you trying to write more autobiographies than barry?

That link didn't work so I would love to know what you're talking about.

spursncowboys
07-24-2010, 11:49 PM
Murdock, Cox, Hearst. The reality is that the news ownership is dominated by wing-nuts and the Republican noise machine operates at full blast. The so-called bias of mainstream media is Orwellian bullshit.

:lol

Winehole23
07-25-2010, 02:39 AM
typical winehoe post. No substance but going after the poster and not their subject.You begrudge me what I still recall about your debut?

Pobrecito!

All while blogging about himself. Are you trying to write more autobiographies than barry? I wasn't aware I even wrote one. How many did Barry (Marion Barry, Barry Obama, what?) write?

That link didn't work so I would love to know what you're talking about.I'll see if I can fix that.

Winehole23
07-25-2010, 02:39 AM
BTW, how was the trip to the winery?

George Gervin's Afro
07-25-2010, 07:38 AM
They sure as hell DID!

http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/07/race_played_role_in_obama_car.html

The Obama administration, already under fire for unprecedented allegations of racial bias, faces a new bias claim from a most unlikely source: one of the administration's own inspectors general.

Decisions on which car dealerships to close as part of the auto industry bailout -- closures the Obama administration forced on General Motors and Chrysler -- were based in part on race and gender, according to a report by Troubled Asset Relief Program Special Inspector General Neal M. Barofsky.

[D]ealerships were retained because they were recently appointed, were key wholesale parts dealers, or were minority- or woman-owned dealerships. [Emphasis added.]

Thus, to meet numbers forced on them by the Obama administration, General Motors and Chrysler were forced to shutter other, potentially more viable, dealerships. The livelihood of potentially tens of thousands of families was thus eliminated simply because their dealerships were not minority- or woman-owned.

As has been widely reported, the Inspector General's study skewered the Obama Gang for strong-arming the companies into closing 2,000 dealerships, costing an estimated 100,000 people their jobs during a recession.

But the news media has ignored key elements of Barofsky's report -- elements that are far more damaging, if possible, to Obama. As we reported earlier in the week, a top Obama official, manufacturing czar and "Auto Team" leader Ron Bloom admitted that the dealerships could have been kept open, saving those jobs, "but that doing so would have been inconsistent with the President's mandate for 'shared sacrifice.'"

Barofsky says the administration insisted on the closings even though a GM official told him

that GM would usually save 'not one damn cent' by closing any particular dealership. ... Furthermore, a GM official stated that removing a dealership from the network does not save money for GM -- it might even cost GM money -- and that savings cannot be attributed or assigned to any one dealership.

And a reading of the IG's study makes plain that some dealership closings forced by the administration were based largely on politics.

The report is highly critical of how dealerships were selected for closure, or termination. Barofsky notes that

experts said that while metro areas were oversaturated with GM and Chrysler dealerships and reductions were needed in these areas, this was not the case in rural areas where GM and Chrysler had an advantage over their import competitors. [...]

Although sales volume in small towns may be lower, the cost of operating dealerships in small towns is lower as well. In addition, closing dealerships in small towns could ruin the "historic relationship" that GM has had with residents in small towns and force buyers to drive to metro areas, where there are more competitors. In the worst case, the loss of market share in small and medium-sized markets could "jeopardize the return to profitability" for GM and Chrysler, the (the Center for Automotive Research) representative said. Representatives from the National Automobile Dealers Association also concurred that dealership terminations would cause GM and Chrysler to lose market share in rural areas. [Emphasis added.]

Nevertheless, as Barofsky notes, "ultimately close to half of all of the GM dealerships identified for termination were in rural areas."

That is where raw, hard, sewage-filled Chicago politics came into play.

Records indicate that in 2008, Obama lost the vote totals in the nation's 1,300 rural counties by nearly 80%.

The Obama administration's insistence on radical numbers of closures ended up shuttering dealerships in those rural areas disproportionately, while dealerships and jobs in metro areas -- Obama's geographical base -- were left open.

Additionally, it has been widely theorized that dealers targeted for closure as a result of Obama's interference were predominantly those who donated campaign contributions to Republicans. Although evidence to date is largely anecdotal, given what we've already reported about the Obama administration's handling of the auto bailout, such speculation does have considerable grounds for support.

While that last point is leaves room for debate, the details contained in the Barofsky report are not. As Barofsky points out, the Obama administration was given an advance copy, and "Treasury [the Obama Treasury Department] might not agree with how the audit's conclusions portray the Auto Team's decision making or with the lessons that SIGTARP has drawn from those facts, but it should be made clear that Treasury has not challenged the essential underlying facts upon which those conclusions are based."

Included among those undisputed facts:

-"[D]ealerships were retained because they were ... minority- or woman-owned dealerships";

-Thousands of jobs were lost, unnecessarily, due specifically to Obama's "mandate for shared sacrifice";

-A disproportionate number of Obama-forced closings were of rural dealerships, in areas unfriendly to Obama, even though such closures could "jeopardize the return to profitability" for GM and Chrysler.

Did you read the TARP report? The report that all of these right wing bloggers are using as their basis to make the claim? Find me where the the report states the Administration picked and chose which dealers to close...

The dealers were the final say and they alone made the decision....end of story..

This blogger states, since we already know Obma we can come to the conclusion...with just anectdotal evidence..

Nice try... :lmao

George Gervin's Afro
07-25-2010, 07:42 AM
You're right. The buck stops somewhere before Obama. We forget sometiimes that obama isn't a leader. sorry bout the confusion.

Still haven't read the report.. keep looking even dumber than normal by follwoing the gun jumper yonivore..

I'll save you the read.. GM and Chrysler created their own criteria and acknowledged that some decsions were made outside that standard....

if you had read the report you'd know that but you don' really want to know.

I am not surprised that you'r confused... have you wondered why Yoni hasn't comeback to refute what I have said?

spursncowboys
07-25-2010, 07:46 AM
BTW, how was the trip to the winery?

It's been really humid around here in TN. BOth the women changed plans because they didn't want to be outside. We went and saw inception. Thanks for the advice though. I'm definitely doing the Jazz on the Lawn at the Winery one of these weekends.

spursncowboys
07-25-2010, 07:52 AM

My debut to the Spurstalk Politics was to start a list of promises Obama didn't live up to. I thought it could be a good list to add everytime he couldn't keep one of his 500+ promises. It quickly got taken over by the trolls. I learned very fast about the ST.

boutons_deux
07-25-2010, 08:14 AM
Politicians always promise more than they can deliver. Some even lie during the campaign to sucker votes.

dubya and dickhead told the biggest lie, of omission that they were going to invade Iraq for oil no matter, and they'd tell any more lies to trump pretexts for the invasion.

Of course your list of Magic Negro failures would omit that the Repugs have threatened filibuster and non-approval of every one of his programs and appointments, and that nobody can get anything done in DC if BigMoney doesn't agree.

George Gervin's Afro
07-25-2010, 08:16 AM
My debut to the Spurstalk Politics was to start a list of promises Obama didn't live up to. I thought it could be a good list to add everytime he couldn't keep one of his 500+ promises. It quickly got taken over by the trolls. I learned very fast about the ST.

and you still haven't read the report..but have no problem commenting on it..:toast

you meet the definition of a troll..

Yonivore
07-25-2010, 09:47 AM

Let's see if you can follow along...

According to the Report, GM and Chrysler were ordered to submit restructuring plans by February 2009.

The federal govenment (that would be Obama) reject the plans.

In May, GM announced they would be cutting dealerships -- but not until late the next year.

GM tells 1,100 dealers they will be shut down (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30761185/)

The federal government (that would be Obama) bought controlling stock in GM in June.

Government Takeover of GM ‘Just Short of Socialism,’ Economists Say (http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=49007)

Back to the report:

SIGTARP found that GM did not consistently follow its stated criteria and that there was little or not documentation of the decision-making process...

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=49007
You're naive.

How would anyone know? They didn't document how it was done and the federal government was all up in their business long before they took GM over in June.

I know your news sources didn't report on it but it was a topic at the time...

boutons_deux
07-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Hey right-wingers, here's a black man's opinion of your slander and lies:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs26/i/2008/088/5/3/One_Gorilla__s_Opinion_by_tom2001.jpg

George Gervin's Afro
07-25-2010, 09:59 AM
Let's see if you can follow along...

According to the Report, GM and Chrysler were ordered to submit restructuring plans by February 2009.

The federal govenment (that would be Obama) reject the plans.

In May, GM announced they would be cutting dealerships -- but not until late the next year.

GM tells 1,100 dealers they will be shut down (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30761185/)

The federal government (that would be Obama) bought controlling stock in GM in June.

Government Takeover of GM ‘Just Short of Socialism,’ Economists Say (http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=49007)

Back to the report:

You're naive.

How would anyone know? They didn't document how it was done and the federal government was all up in their business long before they took GM over in June.

I know your news sources didn't report on it but it was a topic at the time...

So other than the govt telling them to come up with plans there is NOTHING that supports your contetnion that the fed (obama) told them to not cose minority owned dealerships. In the end GM and Chrysler decided on which dealerships to close and not Obama... again another non issue that is already made it's way to Hannity' show... What I wonder is why it's taking so long for Drudge or Fox News to report this... I guess they are naive.

Wild Cobra
07-25-2010, 10:28 AM
You know Bouton's. I'm tired of your racist overtones, and I'm sure others are too.

Yonivore
07-25-2010, 10:37 AM
You know Bouton's. I'm tired of your racist overtones, and I'm sure others are too.
I've got him on ignore. Hasn't bothered me in years...

spursncowboys
07-25-2010, 10:43 AM
and you still haven't read the report..but have no problem commenting on it..:toast

you meet the definition of a troll..

what report?
this was the op for this http://article.nationalreview.com/43...jonah-goldberg

you going off topic as usual is trollng

Wild Cobra
07-25-2010, 10:46 AM
I've had that idiot on IGNORE a few times, but then I don't know what others are replying to at times, and get curious.

Same with Chump.

jack sommerset
07-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Hey right-wingers, here's a black man's opinion of your slander and lies:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs26/i/2008/088/5/3/One_Gorilla__s_Opinion_by_tom2001.jpg

That is just about as racist as one can get.

George Gervin's Afro
07-25-2010, 11:00 AM
what report?
this was the op for this http://article.nationalreview.com/43...jonah-goldberg

you going off topic as usual is trollng

hey dummy the report yoni linked in his initial post. the one that everyone is using to make the claim concerning the minority issue.. where do you think the issue came from? The Inspector General's report concerning the affects of the TARP prgram...this is the report that the accusation is made... Golberg was basing his article on the SIGTARP report!

http://www.sigtarp.gov/reports/audit/2010/Factors%20Affecting%20the%20Decisions%20of%20Gener al%20Motors%20and%20Chrysler%20to%20Reduce%20Their %20Dealership%20Networks%207_19_2010.pdf

and you have yet to read it..why don't you read the published report rather than relying on right wing websites..

spursncowboys
07-25-2010, 11:03 AM
GGA: except for calling it criminal, I haven't posted about it. why the need to never comment on the conspiracy to slant the news. troll.

George Gervin's Afro
07-25-2010, 11:04 AM
GGA: except for calling it criminal, I haven't posted about it. why the need to never comment on the conspiracy to slant the news. troll.

because uyour fellow dead ender introduced it... and by the way troll you were Wrong AGAIN when calling it criminal...

run away from this thread troll...

boutons_deux
07-25-2010, 11:14 AM
"I'm tired of your racist overtones"

Not as tired as civilized, serious people are of Repug's/conservatives/richies using Magic Negro's race to turn the 2010 campaign into all-out race-baiting about the Dangerous, Muslim, America-Hating Dangerous Black Man and his bruvvas and sistas.

btw, the Magic Negro jingle is Repug thought-dictator Limbaugh's favorite race-baiting tactic.

Yoni's a chickenshit, hates my bitch-slapping. Like his girlfriends mama grizzly and Sharron Angle who refuse to answer press questions and who literally run away from their own press conferences, Yoni's too chickenshit to take bitch-slapping like a man.

Cane
07-25-2010, 11:55 AM
OP's an idiot.

ChumpDumper
07-25-2010, 12:40 PM
except for calling it criminal, I haven't posted about it.So you posted about it.

Yonivore
07-25-2010, 01:50 PM
I've had that idiot on IGNORE a few times, but then I don't know what others are replying to at times, and get curious.

Same with Chump.
I could care less what either of them have to say or why anyone would want to reply to them.

Seriously, having them on ignore hasn't lessened my experience here one iota.

Yonivore
07-25-2010, 01:52 PM
So other than the govt telling them to come up with plans there is NOTHING that supports your contetnion that the fed (obama) told them to not cose minority owned dealerships. In the end GM and Chrysler decided on which dealerships to close and not Obama... again another non issue that is already made it's way to Hannity' show... What I wonder is why it's taking so long for Drudge or Fox News to report this... I guess they are naive.
You wouldn't accept anything less than a confession by Obama.

spursncowboys
07-25-2010, 02:21 PM
I could care less what either of them have to say or why anyone would want to reply to them.

Seriously, having them on ignore hasn't lessened my experience here one iota.
+1. My only problem is not being curious to see how bad their posts are.

Yonivore
07-25-2010, 02:24 PM
+1. My only problem is not being curious to see how bad their posts are.
Meh, they get quoted enough, by others, to demonstrate they're the same as ever.

spursncowboys
07-25-2010, 03:26 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/the_fix_was_in_gImIPWyKJdEWhZasJmFIUO/0

Conservative critics of Washington’s journalistic establishment have long charged the media with a striking liberal bias. But those critics have also said the problem was mostly unintentional, the result of a press corps made up mostly of Democratic-leaning scribes.
Yet JournoList’s discussions show an influential left-wing faction of the media participating in a far more intentional sort of liberal bias.

Chris Hayes, a top editor for the liberal magazine The Nation, urged his colleagues in April 2008 to avoid the subject of Wright because talking about it at all would hurt Obama. Hayes directed his message specifically to the straight-news reporters reading his post, saying: “Our country disappears people. It tortures people. It has the blood of as many as one million Iraqi civilians — men, women, children, the infirmed — on its hands. You’ll forgive me if I just can’t quite dredge up the requisite amount of outrage over Barack Obama’s pastor.”

On the day Sen. John McCain picked Sarah Palin to be his running mate, JournoList members instantly mobilized to identify the most effective attack line against her.
“The criticism of her really, really needs to be ideological, not just about experience. If we concede she’s a ‘maverick,’ we will have done John McCain an enormous service,” said blogger Ed Kilgore.

Michael Tomasky, a liberal columnist for The Guardian, recalled on JournoList how as an editor for a liberal magazine he would “correct interns, and not always politely, when they used ‘we’ to speak of Democrats.” The reason, he explained in an interview, is that journalists “need to retain enough independence to criticize when criticism is called for.”

How, then, to explain this quote regarding a possible, but disingenuous attack line against Sarah Palin: “If we were the GOP, we’d be taking this opportunity to shout long and loud how unprepared Palin is — ‘She doesn’t even know what Fannie and Freddie are . . . in the middle of a housing crisis!’ . . . That’s the difference in the game as played by us and by them.”
That JournoList sentiment came from Ryan Avent, then a blogger for the nonpartisan Economist magazine, now an editor there.

spursncowboys
07-25-2010, 03:28 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/the_fix_was_in_gImIPWyKJdEWhZasJmFIUO/1

The Atlantic’s Jeffrey Goldberg reports that the members of JournoList, which Ezra Klein disbanded weeks ago, have since reunited in a new online forum and are coordinating their responses to The Daily Caller’s stories.
Led by blogger Matt Yglesias, their attacks have focused on questioning the context of the e-mails — an oft-used refuge for those caught saying embarrassing things.

George Gervin's Afro
07-25-2010, 03:28 PM
You wouldn't accept anything less than a confession by Obama.

or one piece of supporting evidence...

One more time for you

GM and Chrysler were directly responsible for all dealers that closed. They set the criteria.They decided to deviate from that criteria for reasons that are listed in the SIGTARP Report. If you had read the report you would have known that this minority snippet was cherry picked from the 45 page document.

End of story.

George Gervin's Afro
07-25-2010, 03:32 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/the_fix_was_in_gImIPWyKJdEWhZasJmFIUO/1

:dramaquee

Oh the horrah!! Run fer yer lives!!!

Yonivore
07-25-2010, 06:05 PM
or one piece of supporting evidence...

One more time for you

GM and Chrysler were directly responsible for all dealers that closed. They set the criteria.They decided to deviate from that criteria for reasons that are listed in the SIGTARP Report. If you had read the report you would have known that this minority snippet was cherry picked from the 45 page document.

End of story.
One more time, Obama owned GM when many of the closures occurred.

Veterinarian
07-25-2010, 06:57 PM

lol ignore list, that is the height of butthurt.

Winehole23
07-26-2013, 08:57 AM
in b4 "they did it first" : http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/07/groundswell-rightwing-group-ginni-thomas

boutons_deux
07-26-2013, 09:09 AM
in b4 "they did it first" : http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/07/groundswell-rightwing-group-ginni-thomas

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220410&p=6780170#post6780170

Winehole23
07-26-2013, 09:29 AM
*yawn

TeyshaBlue
07-26-2013, 10:01 AM
lol motherjones

Drachen
07-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Hey, I remember that yoni dude. Isn't it nearly time for him to come back? Mid term elections and all.