PDA

View Full Version : Lebron James told Chris Paul to demand trade but stay in West

BullsDynasty
07-24-2010, 02:21 PM
http://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider/status/19413970575

Word is LeBron indeed advised Paul to demand a trade but he wants CP3 to stay in Western Conf. to make a better rivalry.

HarlemHeat37
07-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Lebron is just one step ahead of the game, everybody is trying to catch up..the man is a marketing genius, already trying to prepare rivalries to boost the NBA..

Zelophehad
07-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Tbh the West needs more powers, the East is already stacked with Chi, Mia, Orl, and Bos. Shame the Mavs only have Roddy and Nique as a young trade chip to barter with and they are useless to a team whose best young players are Collison and Thornton.

Killakobe81
07-24-2010, 02:29 PM
LOL ...he just worried if Paul gets to NY or ORlando he may have no shot at Finals ...

The Batman
07-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Lebron is just one step ahead of the game, everybody is trying to catch up..the man is a marketing genius, already trying to prepare rivalries to boost the NBA..

No, he's trying to stop him from being traded to Orlando. Paul in Orlando tossing alley oops to Dwight wouldn't be nasty?

MavDynasty
07-24-2010, 02:31 PM
Is it time to finally say that Eastern Conference> Western Conference?

Old powers in the West like the Suns, Mavs, and Spurs are fading away and the only team that is coming up is the Thunder. You could throw in Portland too but you never know with their injuries. Rockets have a good squad on paper but as usual they are filled with injuries.

Imho, the East is stacked and the West has the Lakers and the Thunder.

Texas_Ranger
07-24-2010, 02:31 PM
''better rivalry''

If he wanted to have competition he should have stayed in Cleveland.

HarlemHeat37
07-24-2010, 02:32 PM
The East was already better than the West IMO..it definitely is at this point..

djohn2oo8
07-24-2010, 02:34 PM

Old powers in the West like the Suns, Mavs, and Spurs are fading away and the only team that is coming up is the Thunder. You could throw in Portland too but you never know with their injuries. Rockets have a good squad on paper but as usual they are filled with injuries.

The East wasn't going to stay down forever, but you are right. The West will be wide open after the first 2 seeds, which should be interesting

Booharv
07-24-2010, 02:35 PM
The best team for CP3 is Orlando. Especially since they have the assets/contract to get a deal done. If Lebron is advising against him going there, then he's giving him bad advice.

HarlemHeat37
07-24-2010, 02:38 PM
I haven't been following this story, so I don't know the details, but how does Paul have any leverage in demanding which team he gets traded to?..is his contract expiring?..that's understandable since he wouldn't sign an extension..

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Expiring in two years which makes it even more complicated. Teams don't want to just trade for a 2 year rental and they have no way of knowing whether or not Paul will sign an extension when eligible a year from now. If it was expiring it would be easy because the team trading for him wouldn't pull the trigger till he agreed to an extension.

Kevin Durant 35
07-24-2010, 02:41 PM
I kinda hope he goes to Portland or NY

Booharv
07-24-2010, 02:42 PM
I haven't been following this story, so I don't know the details, but how does Paul have any leverage in demanding which team he gets traded to?..is his contract expiring?..that's understandable since he wouldn't sign an extension..

It expires in 2012, he has no leverage. But my understanding is Collison played well enough that if CP3 raises enough of a stink they would move him to get rid of the bunch of bad contracts on their roster and take back some decent role players plus picks.

MavDynasty
07-24-2010, 02:42 PM

He doesn't have shit lol

If I remember correctly, he has 2 years on his contract. I guess his leverage is that he will bitch and complain for the next 2 years and quit etc if he doesn't get traded.

HarlemHeat37
07-24-2010, 02:44 PM
It expires in 2012, he has no leverage. But my understanding is Collison played well enough that if CP3 raises enough of a stink they would move him to get rid of the bunch of bad contracts on their roster and take back some decent role players plus picks.

I don't doubt that they're very willing to trade him, it's just stupid to hear all these stories about where he wants to go, since he has no leverage and all..

fo'shizzle
07-24-2010, 02:44 PM
I kinda hope he goes to Portland or NY

Muthafuckin co-sign this son.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-24-2010, 02:47 PM
He might not have leverage, but you can bet a team not on his list is gonna be hesitant about trading for him. All he does with this self entitled list is make it hard for New Orleans to get more assets back for him because teams can just say fine good luck working out a trade with a team not on his list.

Chillen
07-24-2010, 02:47 PM
He doesn't want him to go to Orlando. The Heat have nobody who could stop Dwight Howard in the paint, except for Bosh a little, and if the Magic acquire CP3 and Okafor it makes them that much better. I hope he gets traded to Orlando as it would make the Eastern Conference playoffs epic.

Booharv
07-24-2010, 02:48 PM
I don't doubt that they're very willing to trade him, it's just stupid to hear all these stories about where he wants to go, since he has no leverage and all..

Tbh Bill Simmons told some pretty harrowing stories about the type of knee surgery he had and how it shortens careers so maybe that would factor in. However, it was the team's decision for him to have the operation so they might be oblivious to the surgery's supposed negative effects.

Killakobe81
07-24-2010, 02:54 PM
The East was already better than the West IMO..it definitely is at this point..

How so?

After this off-season maybe so ...but before? debateable ...

When healthy in West

C -Duncan, Yao, Bynum Oden (big if I admit)
PF - Gasol, Dirk and Griffin
SF - Melo Durant, Gay
SG - Kobe, Roy,Tyreke Montae Ellis
PG - Dwill, Paul, Westbrook, Curry, Parker

East

C - Howard, Bogut
PF - Bosh, KG, Amare
SF - Lebron, Pierce
SG - Wade, Joe Johnson Ray allen
PG - Rose, John Wall

Talent wise West is deeper and I think team wise the west is still better ...East is top heavy in both categories.

east is all about: Miami Boston and Orlando
Next tier: Bulls Bucks, Hawks
Third tier: Bobcats and Kncks

Rest? Sucks

Top of the West: Lakers
2nd tier: SA, Utah, Dallas and Denver
3rd tier: OKC, Portland,
4th tier: Houston, Memphis and suns

I think best 5 players and best 5 teams in East are better than the West but as a whole west is better.

The fringe teams in the east Philly washington Toronto Indiana and New york could not sniff playoffs in the west ...

Due to injuries East is better at center ...

PF West is better

SF ...i initially think EAst is better but would you take Lebron + Pierce OVER durant and Melo? Defensively ...yes. Offensively not sure TBH at this point.

SG to me is even but I could see a case emade either way ...

PG West is way better until Wall proves otherwise and Rose makes the "next" step.

Forgot to Add Lopez to East's center list
Aldridge to WEST PF list and Nash to West PG

Sure I missed more ...but I still think West is deeper

Don Ready
07-24-2010, 03:52 PM
As long as they take Wince. Hell anyone but Howard of course.

Veterinarian
07-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Howard and Okafor would be a weird combo to see on the floor together.

mingus
07-24-2010, 03:59 PM

is there a second of the day you don't have this guy's dick in your mouth? My God.

and btw i think your a good poster just in general, but damn.

Amuseddaysleeper
07-24-2010, 04:01 PM
I don't agree with the East > West. I think the East is more top heavy than the west, but after the 3rd seed in the East you start to find a bigger dip.

I think seeds 1-8 overall are much stronger than the west as opposed to 1-8 in the east. A sub .500 team has a shot at getting the 7th or 8th seed in the East. You could win 50 games in the West and struggle to make the playoffs.

Koolaid_Man
07-24-2010, 04:11 PM

No surprises here CP3 looks like a pussy and Bron is trying his damnedest to manufacture a title...All for naught....

Koolaid_Man
07-24-2010, 04:13 PM

no one really gives a shit about the east...even with all the changes..it's still all about ELAYYYYYYYYYY....

Killakobe81
07-24-2010, 04:13 PM
I don't agree with the East > West. I think the East is more top heavy than the west, but after the 3rd seed in the East you start to find a bigger dip.

I think seeds 1-8 overall are much stronger than the west as opposed to 1-8 in the east. A sub .500 team has a shot at getting the 7th or 8th seed in the East. You could win 50 games in the West and struggle to make the playoffs.

Exactly.

Texas_Ranger
07-24-2010, 04:14 PM
East better than West??

wow, that's funny. :lol

Basketballgirl25
07-24-2010, 04:16 PM
If Chris Paul goes anywhere I want him to go to a team that has the best chance of beating the heat. I'd count out the Knicks of that one, so I say he goes to Miami, although I think he goes no where till at least the middle of the season if he goes anywhere

Koolaid_Man
07-24-2010, 04:16 PM
East better than West??

But Lakers Still The Best...

nice rhyme to it ....

picc84
07-24-2010, 04:22 PM
James peeing his pants thinking about Dwight-CP3 full court alleys.

Kevin Durant 35
07-24-2010, 04:23 PM

This

resistanze
07-24-2010, 04:25 PM

The disparity in the West hasn't been much different than the East for the past 3 years, IMO. You've had the Lakers, then everyone else. And it doesn't look like changing much this year - The Lakers got stronger and the other teams in the West didn't do much.

At this point it will be a surprise if the Lakers don't make it to their fourth straight finals. The East is much more open.

Killakobe81
07-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Yes Lakers are the favorities in the West ...

But I would give better odds of SA, Dallas, Denver Utah, or OKC of winning the west...

Than of ANYONE EXCEPT Orlando, Boston or Miami winning the east.

Gap between Lakers and 2nd may be larger ... but there is more quality depth in the West. Plus Sloan and popovich are better coaches than any coach in the east.

TheHeatIsOn
07-24-2010, 04:33 PM
If he goes to the west he'll give Lakers some competion but if its the east like Orlando than they will go to the Finals.

Jloyola
07-24-2010, 04:54 PM
If Chris Paul goes anywhere I want him to go to a team that has the best chance of beating the heat. I'd count out the Knicks of that one, so I say he goes to Miami, although I think he goes no where till at least the middle of the season if he goes anywhere

?

Trill Clinton
07-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Lebron is trying to turn the nba into some fantasy league bullshit if this is true...

Trill Clinton
07-24-2010, 04:57 PM

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx100/MABOcho/2qk8pqq.gif

j.dizzle
07-24-2010, 05:01 PM
LOL LeRobins image is getting shat on these days. He better hope Paul doesnt end up in Orl cuz Dwight would score 20 points a game just off dunks alone.

Muser
07-24-2010, 05:03 PM
LOL LeRobins image is getting shat on these days. He better hope Paul doesnt end up in Orl cuz Dwight would score 20 points a game just off dunks alone.

He already does.

Killakobe81
07-24-2010, 05:04 PM

If they keep Rashard you would have paul lobbing and penetrating and lewis Reddick all alone at the 3pt line ...

I would give Gortat, Nelson and Vince for Paul ...problem is Hornets need NONE of that ...except Gortat

TDMVPDPOY
07-24-2010, 05:06 PM
lebron talkin about makn a rivalry? ahahahhaha clown shouldve stayed with cavs or sign with another team

Amuseddaysleeper
07-24-2010, 05:08 PM
The disparity in the West hasn't been much different than the East for the past 3 years, IMO. You've had the Lakers, then everyone else. And it doesn't look like changing much this year - The Lakers got stronger and the other teams in the West didn't do much.

At this point it will be a surprise if the Lakers don't make it to their fourth straight finals. The East is much more open.

Right, but if the Lakers were in the East, they'd go to the Finals any way. Plus if you put Orlando, Boston etc. in the West, they'd still be great teams but I promise you their records wouldn't be AS strong since there are a hell of a lot more shit teams in the East to prey off of than in the west.

You can look at the East and assume Boston will get weaker, Orlando is still a huge question mark (unless they can snag Paul) and you are left with Miami being the heavy favorites. I like the moves Chicago has made a lot, but let's see how it pans out this season.

I still see the West being tough next season, and once again, even though the Lakers have been the Finals 3 straight years, they still beat the hell of of whoever came from the East the past 2 trips. So not only does the best team in the NBA hail from the West in a much much tougher conference, but you have a playoffs in the West where a 7th seeded beating a #2 seed isn't the shock of all shocks because the difference between the seeds isn't that great. Whereas in the East, if a 7th seed beats a 2 seed, then someone on the #2 must've been injured.

The East is still the leastern conference as far as I'm concerned. Miami may make some major noise, but the West is definitely the tougher conference. I still think you can get a bye round in the first round of the East. The West, not so much.

Darrin
07-24-2010, 05:15 PM

How far out are you projecting? The Kings could be there one day. The Wolves as well (I think Kahn's done a better job than people give him credit for). The Grizzlies did well last season. Are they ready this year? Absolutely not. But 2-3 years from now, these could be the powers and we cannot forget that moves will be made in the next 2-3 seasons as well that could make the case better or worse for the West.

This year? The East's top-four are better than the West. But that's where the East's dominance ends.

Darrin
07-24-2010, 05:17 PM

I think the depth is the dominance of the West. How many times have 44-48-win teams sat home in April because some 50-win team is in the 8th seed?

MavDynasty
07-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Is koolaid_man the worst fucking poster on this board? He is starting to challenge Tacker and koriwhat

TheHeatIsOn
07-24-2010, 05:47 PM
I think the depth is the dominance of the West. How many times have 44-48-win teams sat home in April because some 50-win team is in the 8th seed?

Yeah you have to win 50+ games in the west to make the playoffs

07-24-2010, 05:51 PM
should tell him to demand a trade to the spurs.

wijayas
07-24-2010, 06:04 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao No Way.
The East is "stacked" on the top four. The West is stacked on the top ten and is much more fun to watch because of the level of competition.

wijayas
07-24-2010, 06:07 PM
James peeing his pants thinking about Dwight-CP3 full court alleys.

:toast :lmao

JamStone
07-24-2010, 06:41 PM
West is still much more dominant because of the depth of quality teams.

By the way, last year, you didn't need to win 50 games to make the playoffs in the West. A team with 43 wins would have been the 8th seed last year in the West.

Pelicans78
07-24-2010, 06:48 PM
LOL "King" James scared of seeing CP3 with Dwight Howard in the same division. Needs to grow a pair.

monosylab1k
07-24-2010, 06:50 PM
:lmao he stacks the deck cuz he's too big a pussy to win on his own, then tells other players where to go so that they don't cockblock his path to the Finals.

picc84
07-24-2010, 06:53 PM
CP3 ending James's season in the ECF with Orlando after James tells him to demand a trade would be up there in the top 5 alltime NBA justices.

Amuseddaysleeper
07-24-2010, 06:54 PM

By the way, last year, you didn't need to win 50 games to make the playoffs in the West. A team with 43 wins would have been the 8th seed last year in the West.

Because of an almost 3 way tie between teams that all shared 50 wins. Can't say that for the East.

JamStone
07-24-2010, 07:09 PM
Because of an almost 3 way tie between teams that all shared 50 wins. Can't say that for the East.

I didn't say that of the East.

Fact remains the 9th place team in the West last year won 42 games. So 43 wins would have gotten 8th place. Nothing you said changes that fact.

Darrin
07-24-2010, 07:13 PM

Jamstone, the Thunder were the eighth seed seed after winning 50 games.

JamStone
07-24-2010, 07:16 PM
Correct. And if they won 43 games, they still would have been the 8th seed.

What's difficult to understand?

Darrin
07-24-2010, 07:25 PM

They had ten 40-win teams last season. I'd rather have Houston, Memphis, and New Orleans than any other team listed below the Milwaukee Bucks in the East.

Teams that missed playoffs, would make it in the East:
2009: Phoenix Suns -- 46-36
2008: Golden State Warriors -- 48-34.
2008: Portland Trailblazers -- 41-41.
2008: Sacramento Kings -- 38-44.
2007: LA Clippers -- 40-42.
2006: Utah Jazz -- 41-41.
2005: Minnesota Timberwolves -- 44-38.
2004: Utah Jazz -- 42-40
2004: Portland Trailblazers -- 41-41
2004: Seattle Supersonics -- 37-45
2004: Golden State Warriors -- 37-45

Amuseddaysleeper
07-24-2010, 07:43 PM

But they didn't, they won 50.

TheKingOfMIA6
07-24-2010, 07:50 PM

You make no sense

How the hell can you win 43 games in the west and make the playoffs when 8th seed team won 50.

You have to overcome 50 if you want to get in.

JamStone
07-24-2010, 07:52 PM
9th place team won 42 games. Therefore, the 8th place team could have won 43 games and still made the playoffs.

Darrin, I specifically said "last year." Unnecessary to list previous years. I only made the comment for last year. The previous two years before that, it was much more impressive when teams with 46 and 48 wins missed the playoffs.

Amused, yes. My point doesn't change. 43 wins would have made the playoffs last year.

My Fault
You make no sense

How the hell can you win 43 games in the west and make the playoffs when 8th seed team won 50.

You have to overcome 50 if you want to get in.

:lmao LebronJames23 welcome back! Still dumb as ever

monosylab1k
crofl

If the Golden State Warriors could have just gotten to 43 wins they could have been in the playoffs! Oh wait no they couldn't.

JamStone
07-24-2010, 07:53 PM
BTW, my initial comment was in response to this comment, which is inaccurate, even in previous seasons.

Yeah you have to win 50+ games in the west to make the playoffs

JamStone
07-24-2010, 07:58 PM
crofl

If the Golden State Warriors could have just gotten to 43 wins they could have been in the playoffs! Oh wait no they couldn't.

Best response so far. But I think you know what I mean.

Of the teams that made the playoffs, 43 wins would have been enough because of the teams that didn't make the playoffs, the most wins was 42.

But at least you actually used better logic to refute my comment.

monosylab1k
07-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Best response so far. But I think you know what I mean.

Of the teams that made the playoffs, 43 wins would have been enough because of the teams that didn't make the playoffs, the most wins was 42.

But at least you actually used better logic to refute my comment.

I get what you're saying tbh. The Thunder won 50 games and were the 8 seed. But that doesn't mean they HAD TO win 50 to get the 8 seed.

Cane
07-24-2010, 08:04 PM
They had ten 40-win teams last season. I'd rather have Houston, Memphis, and New Orleans than any other team listed below the Milwaukee Bucks in the East.

Teams that missed playoffs, would make it in the East:
2009: Phoenix Suns -- 46-36
2008: Golden State Warriors -- 48-34.
2008: Portland Trailblazers -- 41-41.
2008: Sacramento Kings -- 38-44.
2007: LA Clippers -- 40-42.
2006: Utah Jazz -- 41-41.
2005: Minnesota Timberwolves -- 44-38.
2004: Utah Jazz -- 42-40
2004: Portland Trailblazers -- 41-41
2004: Seattle Supersonics -- 37-45
2004: Golden State Warriors -- 37-45

:wow Especially '04 and '08

Amuseddaysleeper
07-24-2010, 08:08 PM
I see where you're coming from JamStone

Stump
07-24-2010, 08:13 PM
A few years ago GS won 50 games but missed the playoffs. When was that?

bandwagon_fan
07-24-2010, 08:39 PM
Lebron wants Paul to go to the Lakers. I don't blame him. That will be fun to see.

Ashy Larry
07-24-2010, 08:40 PM

Recently the east has been better at the top ..... the west has been the more deep conference with 8 50 win teams and one year G Dub winning 48 games and didn't make it.

A little shift has been made especially with Amare and Boozer heading over to the East.

Are the conference Finals already set?

Lakers and Thunder
Heat and Celtics/Magic

Red Hawk #21
07-24-2010, 08:43 PM
So, its ok for Lebron to build his own superteam but then when he sees a possible challenge of Cp3 in with Dwight Howard, he wants Cp3 to stay in the West. Lebron is a coward. This fool Queen James is on a downward spiral when it comes to respectability this summer....

Red Hawk #21
07-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Btw, I hope Chris Paul goes to Orlando and the Magic rape the Heat. Forget everything I've said about Paul, if he can put those fools in Miami in their place I will be forever grateful.

MullinFan
07-24-2010, 08:46 PM
Can the NBA look into this as some form of collusion? I mean its obvious the "Superfriends" had it all worked out even before this free agency came about...Now he's trying to get other players who are under contract to force a trade? Just so he can have some "Super-Villan" rivalry......bunch of BS!

Ashy Larry
07-24-2010, 08:47 PM
A few years ago GS won 50 games but missed the playoffs. When was that?

think it was the 2006-07 season, and I think they lost the last two games and ended up with 47 wins. Had a great season though.

resistanze
07-24-2010, 09:02 PM
Right, but if the Lakers were in the East, they'd go to the Finals any way. Plus if you put Orlando, Boston etc. in the West, they'd still be great teams but I promise you their records wouldn't be AS strong since there are a hell of a lot more shit teams in the East to prey off of than in the west.

You can look at the East and assume Boston will get weaker, Orlando is still a huge question mark (unless they can snag Paul) and you are left with Miami being the heavy favorites. I like the moves Chicago has made a lot, but let's see how it pans out this season.

I still see the West being tough next season, and once again, even though the Lakers have been the Finals 3 straight years, they still beat the hell of of whoever came from the East the past 2 trips. So not only does the best team in the NBA hail from the West in a much much tougher conference, but you have a playoffs in the West where a 7th seeded beating a #2 seed isn't the shock of all shocks because the difference between the seeds isn't that great. Whereas in the East, if a 7th seed beats a 2 seed, then someone on the #2 must've been injured.

The East is still the leastern conference as far as I'm concerned. Miami may make some major noise, but the West is definitely the tougher conference. I still think you can get a bye round in the first round of the East. The West, not so much.

Definitely there are more competitive teams in the West (and the East is more top heavy), but I think it's a bit overblown. Last season, I would put the Celtics, Magic and Cavs ahead of every team in the West except the Lakers. The biggest challenge to the Lakers last season came from the 4th seed from the East, who were one quarter away from winning the title.

I just don't know how heavily I'd lean on regular season wins. The 8th seed in the West was only 7 games behind the first seed/NBA champions, but I don't think the teams were really that close. Seeds #2-#8 in the West are definitely close, but I think they're on a lower level that has been fighting for second place. The Jazz win 50 games every year but are a perennial doormat for the Lakers.

Eventually, I'd expect a tougher conference to result in parity - more than one team making it to the Finals. But as how I see it, all the talk about "X team would've made it in the playoffs in the East" isn't too important. Lower seed teams typically don't make it out of their conference, first of all. Secondly, team X from the West would likely get bounced from one of the stronger teams in the East.

mytespurs
07-24-2010, 09:35 PM

3 championships in the past few years were won by WC teams. Wake me when the east begins to dominate in the championship race. Until then, imho, WC>EC but EC is getting stronger-cyclical nature of the beast goes in their favor.

HarlemHeat37
07-25-2010, 07:03 PM
I guess it depends on what you value..

IMO:

Miami = LA
Boston > OKC
Orlando > San Antonio/Dallas
Chicago = San Antonio/Dallas
Milwaukee = Portland
Atlanta = Denver

Teams like Utah and Phoenix are going to be better than any other team in the East, probably Houston too(assuming health, then they would be for certain)..

That's just my opinion of course, so you can see why I view it this way..do you value the top more, or the bottom more?..

Cane
07-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Orlando's been overrated imo. They do great in the regular season but in the playoffs all you need is a guy that can single cover and/or frustrate Dwight Howard by baiting him into fouls and Orlando's system implodes (or just hack him a bunch and activate some scrubs to pick up fouls). Several teams out West have the potential to do this including the Spurs (Duncan, Dice), Mavs (Haywood and Chandler), Portland (Camby and Oden), Rockets (Miller and Yao), Lakers, etc. Imo all those teams match up well with Orlando which is understandable since teams out West have been trying to beat Shaq/Duncan and LA's stacked frontcourt depth in the past several years. The Magic seem like a team filled with a bunch of Robin's/secondary options on offense as well, but they can be a nightmare to deal with if you don't have competent size in your frontcourt especially in the regular season.

BullsDynasty
07-25-2010, 08:32 PM
I guess it depends on what you value..

IMO:

Miami = LA
Boston > OKC
Orlando > San Antonio/Dallas
Chicago = San Antonio/Dallas
Milwaukee = Portland
Atlanta = Denver

Teams like Utah and Phoenix are going to be better than any other team in the East, probably Houston too(assuming health, then they would be for certain)..

That's just my opinion of course, so you can see why I view it this way..do you value the top more, or the bottom more?..

FYI, Bulls swept the Spurs last year. Just saying.

picc84
07-25-2010, 09:08 PM
The Magic are reliant on Vince Carter to produce to beat elite teams. They're done.

mavsfan1000
07-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Orlando's been overrated imo. They do great in the regular season but in the playoffs all you need is a guy that can single cover and/or frustrate Dwight Howard by baiting him into fouls and Orlando's system implodes (or just hack him a bunch and activate some scrubs to pick up fouls). Several teams out West have the potential to do this including the Spurs (Duncan, Dice), Mavs (Haywood and Chandler), Portland (Camby and Oden), Rockets (Miller and Yao), Lakers, etc. Imo all those teams match up well with Orlando which is understandable since teams out West have been trying to beat Shaq/Duncan and LA's stacked frontcourt depth in the past several years. The Magic seem like a team filled with a bunch of Robin's/secondary options on offense as well, but they can be a nightmare to deal with if you don't have competent size in your frontcourt especially in the regular season.
Kendrick Perkins probably the best suited for that duty. He also shut down Shaq. Great low post defender.

SenorSpur
07-25-2010, 11:59 PM
As much of a demon and leader as CP3 is on the court, is he really this weak-minded off the court, that he needs to take the direction and recommendations for LBJ and his cast of sychophants?

KidCongo
07-26-2010, 12:52 AM
First post after LeBron has left. I been travelling through Ireland, Scotland and just want to say

Fuck LeBron, the cunt should never be mentioned alongside any player in the top 10.

Now thats out of the way Go Cavs, JJ Hickson time and Kid Congo, look out league.

KidCongo
07-26-2010, 01:31 AM
:lmao

Did you cry? Is there any truth to Gloria getting fucked by KFC Delonte?

No tears, just an empty feeling that passed after a few pints of Guinness. I got no idea on that rumour, have only really been able to read some quick headlines.

Anything is possible!!! Right?

Damn, need a name change too.

redzero
07-26-2010, 01:46 AM
Behold The King, you know LeBron's the only reason you became a Cavs fan in the first place.

KidCongo
07-26-2010, 02:31 AM
Behold The King, you know LeBron's the only reason you became a Cavs fan in the first place.

Hectic aye, guess I better hop on the Miami bandwagon.

:wakeup

Not to de-rail this thread, what is the go with Paul and will the Hornets give in??

redzero
07-26-2010, 03:26 AM
We'll find out today if there is actually anything going on with Chris Paul.