PDA

View Full Version : Franchise says he is fit and wants to play for Shanghai Sharks

Indazone
07-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Steve Francis Wants to Play in China

Steve Francis (1998-99), last seen injured, traded to Memphis, and then waived in January 2009 and handing out Turkeys in Silver Spring last Thanksgiving, says he is fit to play again, and told China's Xinhua News that he wants to play in China next. Apparently he has a fan base in China as a result of being Yao Ming's teammate in Houston for many years:
Three-time All-Star and former Houston Rockets guard Steve Francis said on Wednesday that he hopes to play basketball in China if the condition is right.

Francis, who is loved and remembered by many Chinese fans as a superb basketball player and the "big brother" to Houston Rockets center Yao Ming, said in an interview with Xinhua that he loves China and his Chinese fans.

The 33-year-old, once known as "Franchise" as the cornerstone of the Rockets', said he cannot afford to sit on the bench while he can play.

He has recovered from the injuries that had plagued the late years of his basketball career and can return to the basketball court, he said.

"I will play in China if the money is good," he said. "Coaching is also an option."

Indazone
07-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Good place for Franchise cause he'll likely never play in the NBA again. That is if Yao gives him a job.

JJ Hickson
07-24-2010, 03:38 PM
I heard crickets when I came in here. No one gives a fuck about Steve Francis. Quit making stupid ass threads.

Zelophehad
07-24-2010, 03:40 PM
I heard crickets when I came in here. No one gives a fuck about Steve Francis. Quit making stupid ass threads.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Zelophehad
07-24-2010, 03:41 PM
The utter rudeness cracked me up.

djohn2oo8
07-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Good place for Franchise cause he'll likely never play in the NBA again. That is if Yao gives him a job.

Yao can barely even keep his own job, and nobody gives a flying fuck

peteee
07-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Yao can barely even keep his own job, and nobody gives a flying fuck

Mr. Shite owns the prevailing majority of the team's stocks, so basically Shite's job has the highest security a job can ever has and he can keep this job as long as he likes until he wants to quit.

Red Hawk #21
07-24-2010, 08:47 PM
Indazone why are you so infatuated with Steve Francis? He's finished, go back and watch his highlights. But remind yourself that its 2010, even if he did make a comeback he could never ever be as good as he once was.

Ashy Larry
07-24-2010, 09:03 PM
just amazing how a player who was once penciled in at the PG spot for All-Star weekend has fallen off the face of the earth.......

DJ Mbenga
07-24-2010, 11:43 PM
this guy went from almost getting 18 7 7 to begging for the Chinese to give him a job

Danny.Zhu
07-24-2010, 11:51 PM
He said he would like to consider coming to China unless he can get 1 million a year.

Bito Corleone
07-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Damn. He must be broke. I understand certain players going to play in Europe because the money isn't bad and the leagues are still competitive, but having to go play in Asia is a different story. Either he is completely out of money, or his ego is taunting him by saying that he can't play pro ball anymore.

spursfan1000
07-25-2010, 01:51 AM

When you saw the thread title why did you decide to open it :rolleyes