PDA

View Full Version : How will the Dallas Mavericks choke this year?

BUMP
07-24-2010, 05:38 PM
I would include a poll with this but there is really too many options. As a Mavs fan thats really the only thing I'm looking forward to this year since we have no shot at a championship. I can't wait to find out what kind of way we will fall on our faces this time. It's almost like a TNT drama.

I say this time we sweep the Thunder, sweep the Spurs, and beat the Lakers in a grueling game 7 at Staples. Finally, getting over the hump we face the Heat in the Finals with LBJ and Wade injured. We dominate them the first two games like we should, then Bosh goes for 50 a game and the Bosh-led Heat go on to win the next four games to the astonishment of Dallas again. Cuban and Donnie just smile and say "We ran into a buzzsaw this year with Chris Bosh and Joel Anthony, it happens"

What are your scenarios fellas?

MavDynasty
07-24-2010, 05:42 PM
Number 2 seed, reach the WCF and the mavs are up by 20 in the pivotal game 5 and choke. no show in game 6

TheHeatIsOn
07-24-2010, 05:45 PM
I doubt the Mavs can get past Thunder and or the Lakers.

MarkCuban
07-24-2010, 05:47 PM
The Mavs have run into a buzzsaw every year.

In 06, we won the first 2 against Miami, but then they played at home and just became a buzzsaw that kept on buzzing.

In 07, GS was a buzzsaw that we were not prepared for. After that buzzsaw buzzed through us, the buzz lost its luster vs Utah because they were content with beating us

In 08, we faced maybe the best #2 seed of all time, the New Orleans Hornets. They were a buzzsaw all season. That was just a bad matchup, if we played anybody else like the Lakers we win in 5 easily.

In 09, once again we faced the Nuggets who were on a roll at the time. With Howard injured there was just no stopping that buzzsaw

In 10, the Spurs were just a buzzsaw over the last 20 games, the fact that they got swept the next round meant absolutely nothing. This team was just your classic example of a buzzsaw

This year, barring any fluke teams getting hot at the right time, we will win it all

:elephant:elephant

MavDynasty
07-24-2010, 05:52 PM
lol Johnny Flynn 45 points at halftime

lol Johnny Flynn 70 points at end of the game

lol 107-100 on 5 min quarters

lol me bitching how frye cant hit shit and makes 4 3's in a row

lol tardbosa owning

lol me benching dirk

MavDynasty
07-24-2010, 05:59 PM
lol 107-102 actually

lol Nets 102 points 1 three pointer

lol Dick Jefferson going 9-9 then 10-21.

lol Johnny Flynn Bukkaking for 70 points

lol 60-40 at halftime

lol nash 29 pts 15 assists

lol amare 27 pts

lol j rich 18 pts

lol frye 14 pts

lol tardbosa 12 pts

badfish22
07-24-2010, 06:09 PM

Roddy Beaubois
07-24-2010, 06:17 PM
T-Will wrecks in that game tbh

picc84
07-24-2010, 06:17 PM

In 06, we won the first 2 against Miami, but then they played at home and just became a buzzsaw that kept on buzzing.

In 07, GS was a buzzsaw that we were not prepared for. After that buzzsaw buzzed through us, the buzz lost its luster vs Utah because they were content with beating us

In 08, we faced maybe the best #2 seed of all time, the New Orleans Hornets. They were a buzzsaw all season. That was just a bad matchup, if we played anybody else like the Lakers we win in 5 easily.

In 09, once again we faced the Nuggets who were on a roll at the time. With Howard injured there was just no stopping that buzzsaw

In 10, the Spurs were just a buzzsaw over the last 20 games, the fact that they got swept the next round meant absolutely nothing. This team was just your classic example of a buzzsaw

This year, barring any fluke teams getting hot at the right time, we will win it all

Every team playing the Mavs becoming a buzzsaw is no coincidence son.

The only thing left for them to do is become the first team to blow a 3-0 lead.

Literally, thats the only thing left. They've choked in every other way possible.

monosylab1k
07-24-2010, 06:20 PM
I would include a poll with this but there is really too many options. As a Mavs fan thats really the only thing I'm looking forward to this year since we have no shot at a championship. I can't wait to find out what kind of way we will fall on our faces this time. It's almost like a TNT drama.

Who besides fat women in their 40's actually watches any of those TNT dramas.

I'd rather chop my own dick off than watch 5 minutes of The Closer or Hawthorne or Leverage or that shitty new one with Angie Harmon or any of the others.

Grey Spurfan
07-24-2010, 06:37 PM
:lmao The _allas CHOKEricks

Grey Spurfan
07-24-2010, 06:37 PM
http://www.norcalblogs.com/bullfight/archives/lonelydallasman.jpg

4>0rings
07-24-2010, 06:38 PM
:lmao

MavDynasty
07-24-2010, 06:53 PM
lol getting bukkaked by shawn the matrix muthafuckin marion

lol 22 pts

lol dirk 6 pts on 2/11 shooting

lol benchin dirk in the 4th for haywood

lol terry swishing every 3

lol terry has a lebron like jumpshot

lol kidd sucking ass but dagger 3

lol dirk at the 3, damp at the 4 and haywood at the 5

MavDynasty
07-24-2010, 06:54 PM
lol jared dudley dagger 3

BUMP
07-24-2010, 07:18 PM

I'd rather chop my own dick off than watch 5 minutes of The Closer or Hawthorne or Leverage or that shitty new one with Angie Harmon or any of the others.

i don't watch any of them tbh

on TNT, they always do that bullshit on a commercial where they mix the basketball playoffs and a promotion on some shitty new show they're doing.

Like when they kept advertising that show The Closer when talking about Kobe:jack

monosylab1k
07-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Why is it that every one of their shows is a woman trying to get to the bottom of things, whether she's a detective or a scientist or a doctor? It's like TNT is Lifetime with basketball.

tbh if you eliminated all entertainment with women as their target audience, you'd eliminate about 90% of the shitty tv shows/songs/movies being made today.

BUMP
07-24-2010, 07:26 PM
lol http://www.the-medium-is-not-enough.com/assets_c/2009/06/hawthorne_home2-thumb-480x437-3328.jpg

D-Wade #3
07-24-2010, 07:28 PM
They'll choke on a fat dicck

Grey Spurfan
07-24-2010, 07:32 PM
They'll choke on a fat dicck

sribb43
07-24-2010, 07:39 PM

I co-sign this shit

TheKingOfMIA6
07-24-2010, 07:40 PM

This

But it would be epic if they get to the finals win 3 in a row and then lose in Dallas with Wade winning the trophy in Dallas AGAIN

MavDynasty
07-24-2010, 07:41 PM
This

But it would be epic if they get to the finals win 3 in a row and then lose in Dallas with Wade winning the trophy in Dallas AGAIN

sup 23LebronJames23

TheKingOfMIA6
07-24-2010, 07:44 PM
sup 23LebronJames23

Sup

BUMP
07-24-2010, 07:48 PM
This

I thought you were a Cavs fan back then 23LeBronJames23

My Fault
07-24-2010, 07:49 PM
They already choked and threw the dust chip in the trash.

monosylab1k
07-24-2010, 07:56 PM

truth.

WESTACKED
07-24-2010, 08:07 PM

with Lebron gone to Miami, TC was honestly the best deal they could procure back then with DUST. That's not a choking job at all TBH, that said, we're going to see another real choking job off the boys in blue in the coming season.

ElNono
07-24-2010, 08:34 PM

I still can't get the 'Into the west' promos from my head and that was like 5 years ago... ugh...

As far as the choking, it HAS to be a 1st round series. I know Mavs made history twice, being the first #1 and #2 seed losing to #8 and #7 seed respectively. Does the #6 seed ever upset the #3 seed?

MavDynasty
07-24-2010, 08:40 PM
I still can't get the 'Into the west' promos from my head and that was like 5 years ago... ugh...

As far as the choking, it HAS to be a 1st round series. I know Mavs made history twice, being the first #1 and #2 seed losing to #8 and #7 seed respectively. Does the #6 seed ever upset the #3 seed?

Yes

See:

#3 SA Spurs (1) vs #6 DAL Mavericks (4)

Grey Spurfan
07-24-2010, 08:42 PM
http://www.spursdynasty.com/uploaded_images/dallaschokersDVD-734256.gif

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Grey Spurfan
07-24-2010, 08:45 PM
Yes

See:

See SA Spurs (4 rings faggot) vs DAL Mavericks (0 rings)

MavDynasty
07-24-2010, 08:48 PM
See SA Spurs (4 rings faggot) vs DAL Mavericks (0 rings)

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

ElNono
07-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Yes

See:

Yep, '09... Clippers also did it to Denver in '06.

Maybe losing to the Rockets in the 1st round? :lol

My Fault
07-24-2010, 10:11 PM
with lebron gone to miami, tc was honestly the best deal they could procure back then with dust. That's not a choking job at all tbh, that said, we're going to see another real choking job off the boys in blue in the coming season.

aj > tc

WESTACKED
07-24-2010, 10:20 PM
aj > tc

ghazi disagrees, and it's not a secret that ghazi has a firm/good friendship with Mavs managers which is the only reason why he kept extolling these morons even when they were apparently being idiots. so ghazi's personal preferences always had considerable impacts on Mavs transfer moves, including the DUST-Chandler trade.

My Fault
07-24-2010, 10:23 PM
ghazi disagrees, and it's not a secret that ghazi has a firm/good friendship with Mavs managers which is the only reason why he kept extolling these morons even when they were apparently being idiots. so ghazi's personal preferences always had considerable impacts on Mavs transfer moves, including the DUST-Chandler trade.

Ghazi has other reasons beyond basketball for wanting Chandler in Dallas. I'm sure BR could info you as to his motives.

midnightpulp
07-24-2010, 10:26 PM

Leverage is quality. You can put Tim Hutton in pretty much anything and it instantly becomes watchable. Combine that with the fact that Leverage is well written and acted, and you have a good show.

Haven't seen the other shows and don't intend to.

Pelicans78
07-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Tyson Chandler is fantastic. He's a better fit with Dirk compared to Jefferson who really isn't a center. Jefferson is very good offensively, but he's not gonna defend well or rebound against centers. He's a poor fit next to Dirk.

Chandler is fantastic defensively. He's excellent against the pick n roll, has long arms, good footwork, and an excellent vertical. He will make the Mavericks better defensively.

Bito Corleone
07-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Miss the playoffs...Dirk requests trade...Cuban sells the team...then Dallas finally wins one the following year.

badfish22
07-24-2010, 11:09 PM
I was for the Jefferson trade (still would be) but Stein said he asked a good number of the GMs in Vegas their opinion on the purposed Dallas-Min trade and an overwhelming majority sided with Dallas decision.

Roddy Beaubois
07-25-2010, 12:18 AM
Miss the playoffs...Dirk requests trade...Cuban sells the team...then Dallas finally wins one the following year.
This seems like a bump troll tbh

TE
07-25-2010, 12:20 AM

neh, idk about that.

that would be the greatest irony of basketball, if it were to occur.

Bito Corleone
07-25-2010, 05:43 AM
This seems like a bump troll tbh

Nah bro

that would be the greatest irony of basketball, if it were to occur.

This is exactly what I was going for.

Leonard Curse
07-25-2010, 07:26 AM
Why is it that every one of their shows is a woman trying to get to the bottom of things, whether she's a detective or a scientist or a doctor? It's like TNT is Lifetime with basketball.

tbh if you eliminated all entertainment with women as their target audience, you'd eliminate about 90% of the shitty tv shows/songs/movies being made today.

hate to say this but youre right, i always wonder when i hear ridiculous songs come out ,who in the hell would like such a retarded song it sounds like a joke! later on i meet up with the girl only to hear it as her ringtone saying " i love this band" ahhhh no wonder these dumb morons are millionaires, then you find out a week later every dumb girl u know is shaking their ass to that song blame VH1 and MTV now almost every girl who is average looking acts like there too good for anyone to talk too, they try and act like theyre classy living in a shitty ass apartment

My Fault
07-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Tyson Chandler is fantastic. He's a better fit with Dirk compared to Jefferson who really isn't a center. Jefferson is very good offensively, but he's not gonna defend well or rebound against centers. He's a poor fit next to Dirk.

Chandler is fantastic defensively. He's excellent against the pick n roll, has long arms, good footwork, and an excellent vertical. He will make the Mavericks better defensively.

Maybe in 08

Muser
07-25-2010, 10:16 AM
Jefferson would be the ideal fit next to Dirk, they have Haywood for defensive purposes.

ulosturedge
07-25-2010, 10:25 AM
Choking would imply that their is some type of expectation on this team. I really think expectations are out the window at this point. :wakeup

Pelicans78
07-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Jefferson would be the ideal fit next to Dirk, they have Haywood for defensive purposes.

You can't start all 3 together and probably can't start Jefferson and Dirk together.

Zelophehad
07-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Maybe in 08

Even though Chandler was a massive letdown as a dust chip acquisition, he has looked really good in the Team USA training supposedly:

"Tyson Chandler (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=984), C
He has clearly been the team's best center, and has looked healthy after missing most of the last two NBA seasons with injuries."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=USA-Bubble-100724

MarkCuban
07-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Choking would imply that their is some type of expectation on this team. I really think expectations are out the window at this point. :wakeup

I assume this is a joke, yeah anyway.

My team is clearly at the top of the NBA power rankings at this point. We have combined a bunch of crafty veterans and some savvy veterans who are capable of making veteran crafty savvy plays at key times in big games.

As long as we don't run into any buzzsaw's like we have the previous 11 years we should cruise to the title this year and I will be hoisting the trophy in David Stern's face! :hat

koriwhat
07-27-2010, 07:38 PM
If all three of those guys were put in LeBron's situation (drafted in 2003 to a bad team) I think MJ and Magic could pull off a title within 7 years. MJ practically did it with the Bulls, and Magic has the versatility to adapt to any situation. While he had a stacked team, I could see him adjusting his game to do whatever it takes to win. Bird, although clutch, was primarily a jumpshooter so I think that he would need the right team around him.

Koolaid_Man
07-27-2010, 08:28 PM

I say this time we sweep the Thunder, sweep the Spurs, and beat the Lakers in a grueling game 7 at Staples. Finally, getting over the hump we face the Heat in the Finals with LBJ and Wade injured. We dominate them the first two games like we should, then Bosh goes for 50 a game and the Bosh-led Heat go on to win the next four games to the astonishment of Dallas again. Cuban and Donnie just smile and say "We ran into a buzzsaw this year with Chris Bosh and Joel Anthony, it happens"

What are your scenarios fellas?

^ Subject Line: On Kobe's Dick is my prediction....:lol

koriwhat
07-27-2010, 08:34 PM
... the same way their fans do. on a dick!

21_Dickings
07-27-2010, 08:36 PM
^ Subject Line: On Kobe's Dick is my prediction....:lol

Thought of that turns you on, doesn't it?

Would this be a subject in your Homo forum?

Koolaid_Man
07-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Listen up maam...the very players you cheer for have no respect for you:

WHY?

B-Cuz you're looking at the players like I look at the WNBA chics...trying to see which one is fuck worthy...

Even though the players would never come out and say it for PR reasons they don't want you blades as fans but they'll gladly take your money...if you think I'm bullshittin take your faggot ass to a player book signing I gauran-dam-tee that no NBA, NFL, or MLB player would take a picture with your faggot ass...not gonna happen dude...

Now that's real talk...:toast