PDA

View Full Version : Christina Paul wants to run to Dwight

HornetLoveJones
07-24-2010, 09:10 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-orlandoreportedlyatopchri20100724

There may be a new frontrunner to land disgruntled New Orleans point guard Chris Paul (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3930/)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3930/news). According to ESPN.com’s Chris Broussard, Orlando is now Paul’s first choice (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5405528) as a possible trade destination.
New York was believed to be Paul’s top pick, but it is believed Paul thinks he’d fit better on Orlando’s roster more and the opportunity to play alongside Dwigh Howard.

Although New Orleans management has said it’s not pursuing a deal with Paul, Paul has been vocal about his wishes to leave. Dallas and Portland are also on Paul’s wishlist, and Charlotte and New Jersey are reportedly prepared to make offers.
Paul will meet with Hornets president Hugh Weber, new general manager Dell Demps and new head coach Monty Williams on Monday.

good, get this bitch out of town

JMarkJohns
07-24-2010, 09:19 PM
LOL Charlotte

MavDynasty
07-24-2010, 09:30 PM
It fuckings blows to be Jameer Nelson or anyone else on the Magic who might be traded.

They get traded to a shit team because someone else bitched.

Pelicans78
07-24-2010, 09:35 PM
It fuckings blows to be Jameer Nelson or anyone else on the Magic who might be traded.

They get traded to a shit team because someone else bitched.

Not only could Nelson get traded, there's a small chance he might get benched for Collison. Doubt it since he's more polished, but its possible.

Gortat should be happy. He finally gets a chance to start as well as Pietrus.

HornetLoveJones
07-24-2010, 10:00 PM
I'd been pining for Gortat for about 3 years now, him and Nelson along with Pietrus could do a world of good for the Hornets. I also agree with Nelson coming off the bench behind D.C with Pietrus, but Gortat needs to start.

BRHornet45
07-24-2010, 10:03 PM
sons it would be awesome if we could get that white boy J.J. Redick ... Thornton and Redick at the SG ... we'd be stacked!!!

picc84
07-24-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm sure Lebron Rosenhaus will be on the phone with Nelson advising him on his best move if this goes down.

BRHornet45
07-24-2010, 10:05 PM
sons lol Lebron and lil Flop's agent is named Leon ... does he also own a car wash and a fast cash check cashing biz as well???

TE
07-24-2010, 11:25 PM
BRHORNET, son, you are ruthless towards Chris Paul...

he just wants to win man, what's wrong with that?

BRHornet45
07-24-2010, 11:31 PM
BRHORNET, son, you are ruthless towards Chris Paul...

he just wants to win man, what's wrong with that?

pshhh give me a break.

son Lebron "just wants to win" as well, yet he has been on the best team in the NBA for the last 2 years ... its not the Cavs organization or his teammates fault that he quits and chokes in the playoffs.

Paul is just following in his butt buddies footsteps. No the Hornets are not a title contender this season, but they have been a legit playoff team for 2 of the last 3 years and the only reason they didn't get in last season was because of his injury prone ass. It would be different if Paul was playing for a joke of a team like the T-Wolves, Clippers, etc., but the Hornets have been a solid team for the better part of the last 3 years. When the new ownership finally takes over this season the new owner will spend money to win and Shinn will be out of the picture.

but fuck it ... if Paul wants out, let his spoiled ass out. the dude has never won anything, yet his sense of entitlement is nearly as bad as Lebron S. Pippen's.

TheKingOfMIA6
07-24-2010, 11:39 PM
So what now everybody wants to go to the east?

TE
07-24-2010, 11:40 PM
pshhh give me a break.

son Lebron "just wants to win" as well, yet he has been on the best team in the NBA for the last 2 years ... its not the Cavs organization or his teammates fault that he quits and chokes in the playoffs.

Paul is just following in his butt buddies footsteps. No the Hornets are not a title contender this season, but they have been a legit playoff team for 2 of the last 3 years and the only reason they didn't get in last season was because of his injury prone ass. It would be different if Paul was playing for a joke of a team like the T-Wolves, Clippers, etc., but the Hornets have been a solid team for the better part of the last 3 years. When the new ownership finally takes over this season the new owner will spend money to win and Shinn will be out of the picture.

but fuck it ... if Paul wants out, let his spoiled ass out. the dude has never won or accomplished anything, yet his sense of entitlement is nearly as bad as Lebron S. Pippen's.

I don't think the Hornest are a solid team right now...

Sure they have a team filled with an injury ridden D.West, washed up Peja, slow developing Collison and Thornton, and overrated James Posey, and the sadly never met potential in Emeka Okafor.......but do you honestly think CP3 would want to play with such scrubs?

I don't think so, the dude wants to win, I understand his temptation...

These last couple of years, I have learned that this decade's cohort of superstars aren't driven by team loyalty, but a will to win championships...

might as well drink up and hold your glass up BR (:toast) cause fans like you and I (non-laker and non-heat fans) are gonna be in for a long long long ride.

BRHornet45
07-24-2010, 11:49 PM
I don't think the Hornest are a solid team right now...

Sure they have a team filled with an injury ridden D.West, washed up Peja, slow developing Collison and Thornton, and overrated James Posey, and the sadly never met potential in Emeka Okafor.......but do you honestly think CP3 would want to play with such scrubs?

I don't think so, the dude wants to win, I understand his temptation...

These last couple of years, I have learned that this decade's cohort of superstars aren't driven by team loyalty, but a will to win championships...

might as well drink up and hold your glass up BR (:toast) cause fans like you and I (non-laker and non-heat fans) are gonna be in for a long long long ride.

son there are many things completely wrong and uneducated about your post ...

1. I never once said that the Hornets are a solid team right now. I said that they have been a solid team for the better part of the last 3 years. They made the playoffs in 2 of the last 3 seasons and the only reason they didn't make it last year was due to Paul's injury.

2. You say that David West is "injury ridden" ... umm where exactly do you get that IGNORANT NONSENSE from? You do realize that over the last 3 seasons West has played in these amount of games ... 07-08: 76 games, 08-09: 76 games, 09-10: 81 games ... son how exactly is that "injury ridden"???? West is our best player in terms of physical condition!

3. "Slow developing" Collison and Thornton? really? ... those two were easily the best rookie combo in the NBA last season and each of them could be legit starters on any NBA team right now.

son the main problem with the Hornets right now is George Shinn. plain and simple ... until he is COMPLETELY out of the picture and out of town, they will never succeed. He is asking for $24-30 million dollars more than what the team is worth. Chouest is a billionaire, but he isn't stupid. That is the holdup right now.

TE
07-25-2010, 12:05 AM
let me clarify BR, I meant to put the injury ridden & washed up tab on Peja. (my bad)
D.West is a solid player who, in my personal basketball opinion, gets under my skin when he goes off against the Spurs.

You have spoken to a point where I would assume you think the Hornets are a good team right now... given all your personal hoopla of why that spoiled piece of shit CP3 shouldn't move and should remain with the Hornets allows me to rightfully assume you think the Hornets are a solid team, that's were I come off on my opinion on why the Hornets aren't so good right now.

Collison and Thornton ARE slow developing. Yes they scored and played like all-stars on a team that looked towards no one else to shoulder the load, they held their own, but really, if you were to put George Hill (Spurs) on that Hornets team from last year, he'd probably score just as much, and perhaps might have more of an impact (more all around game imo, but that's theoretical thinking.

Truth be told, the Hornets owner is asking for a meltdown of his franchise...once CP3 leaves that joint, yall are shit for a couple of years (no offense).

MullinFan
07-25-2010, 12:05 AM
With all this team-stacking going on the past few years you almost have to give credit to all the "True" Legends of the game...There's a reason why guys like Jordan, Bird, Julius Erving, Magic, Robinson, etc.. Are talked about today with respect, fondness and reverance, they never gave up on their team. These guys today are looking for "instant" gratification, they dont want to earn it....It reminds me of a character on Mad T.V. played by Michael Mcdonald "Stuart", one of his quotes goes like, "Look what I can do!" All they want is more attention, and we give it to them....:bang

TheKingOfMIA6
07-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Can you blame him, I'd want out of the West too if I had to face The Lakeshow.

This

Pelicans78
07-25-2010, 12:19 AM
Hill isn't as talented as Collison nor Thornton IMO.

Pelicans78
07-25-2010, 12:42 AM
Im going to agree with BR in that the Hornets are a solid team with CP3, but just a solid team at best. They're probably a 45 win team which is solid, but not very good or great.

Red Hawk #21
07-25-2010, 12:45 AM
I think Chris Paul to Orlando would be a good trade for both sides. New Orleans is nowhere near a championship contender, and they don't seem close to being one. Which is why you can't blame Cp3 for saying he wants out. In Orlando, Paul would be with Dwight Howard, Grandfather VC, Rashard Lewis and some other good role players. Paul would make the lives of Dwight Howard and the other role players on that team so much easier. He'd be getting the shooters wide open threes, and he'd get Dwight easy buckets and lobs.

New Orleans would also benefit from this trade. Let's say the Hornets ask for Nelson, Pietrus, Gortat and Bass in exchange for Paul and Okafor. I don't know if the Magic would do this because those are all very good role players. But if the trade went through both teams would look pretty good on paper.

NO
PG Nelson, Collison
SG Thornton, Pietrus
SF Stojakovic, Posey
PF David West, Brandon Bass
C Marcin Gortat, Armstrong

This is a very solid team. at the PG spot you'll have Nelson and Collison challenging one another for the starting spot. They'll both take turns lighting up the defense.
At the SG spot, you'll have Thornton and Pietrus also challenging each other for the starting spot.
At the SF spot, you'll have the weakest position on the team. Stojakovic and Posey will take turns bricking and airballing threes.
At the PF spot, you've got David West. He's usually solid, but how effective will he be now with Collison/Nelson instead of Chris Paul? Then you'll have a solid backup in Brandon bass, who'll give you toughness and midrange game.
At the C Spot, you'll have Gortat as the starter. He'll be trying to prove himself in a starting role, Gortat has good hands and even a little mid range jumpshot. I don't know if he's starter material though. Then you have Hilton Armstrong backing him up, and he brings pretty much nothing to the team. I think he's a good towel waver though.

For Orlando
PG- They'll have one of the league's best PG's in Paul. Paul will be slicing up the defense, drawing fouls (Flopping), and making the right plays most of the time. Duhon will be a solid backup to Paul, he's a good playmaker and can shoot the 3.
SG- VC's production usually depends on his motivation/health. But with Paul around he'll know he has a chance to win. And I'm sure he knows he's up in age, so he should be playing harder now that his time is almost up. Q- Richardson will be backing up Carter, he's not very dependable imho but he can get hot every now and then.
SF- ? Rashard Lewis or most likely Ryan Anderson would have to slide to the 3.
PF- Rashard Lewis brings you 3 point shooting but very weak defense. And let's not forget about that overblown contract of his.
C- Dwight Howard, a beast but he could still be so much better. Paul will make his life very easy though, all he'll have to do is catch and finish.

Both teams would benefit from such a trade.

MavDynasty
07-25-2010, 12:50 AM
brah, why did you change teams?

alchemist
07-25-2010, 12:51 AM
Can you blame him, I'd want out of the West too if I had to face The Lakeshow + refs
:wakeup

duhoh
07-25-2010, 12:53 AM
New Orleans would also benefit from this trade. Let's say the Hornets ask for Nelson, Pietrus, Gortat and Bass in exchange for Paul and Okafor. I don't know if the Magic would do this because those are all very good role players. But if the trade went through both teams would look pretty good on paper.

honestly, CP3 + Okafor intrigues me for ORL. Dwight would be feasting off of easy passes, while Okafor could be a more offensive minded big-man in the low-post, which would allow D12 to be a defensive monster.

That would be interesting to see whether if it could happen.

Pelicans78
07-25-2010, 01:01 AM
honestly, CP3 + Okafor intrigues me for ORL. Dwight would be feasting off of easy passes, while Okafor could be a more offensive minded big-man in the low-post, which would allow D12 to be a defensive monster.

That would be interesting to see whether if it could happen.

I think Okafor would post up PFs better compared to centers. He wasn't very good offensively for the Hornets, but he was going up against centers. Maybe he would post up PFs more effectively.

BRHornet45
07-25-2010, 01:14 AM
Im going to agree with BR in that the Hornets are a solid team with CP3, but just a solid team at best. They're probably a 45 win team which is solid, but not very good or great.

son its a damn shame we aren't in the Eastern conference anymore because 45 wins would get us in the first 3 seeds!

Pelicans78
07-25-2010, 01:32 AM
son its a damn shame we aren't in the Eastern conference anymore because 45 wins would get us in the first 3 seeds!

I miss Tyson Chandler.

lotr1trekkie
07-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Paul to Magic makes sense because they have enough talent to give back. NJ has a billionaire owner but nobody wants his money. The age of "I want to play with another superstar" has arrived. How long before D Williams wants out of Utah. Rondo out of Boston. Durant out of Oak City. Roy out of Portland etc., etc., etc.,
If Duncan and David had hooked up 4 years earlier--they would have made the most dominating duo in NBA history. That was fate not player choice. SA is a richer city for having both of them deciding to stay where they were drafted. It's almost impossibe for me to imagine, Jim Brown-a Giant, Mantle in Cleveland, Magic in Philadephia. Bird in NY.
Today, we are not talking about players at the end of their careers. What we have is players who want to win all the time to enhance their legends. Brown, Namath, Payton, Williams, Musial, Malone, & Stocktin didn't bail out after 3 to 7 years. The fans in Utah will always honor their heroes. As will NY, Cleveland and Chicago. Heroes are created because they stayed and fought the good fight. They didn't go to a fight they figured they could win. LeBron, Wade and Bosh would have never been part of the "300". They would have kneeled before Xerxes.

HornetLoveJones
07-25-2010, 11:16 PM
The guy has no meniscus instead of a repaired one that he tore... for those of you who even skimmed through the human anatomy should know that if he exerts himself by oh... playing basketball on that string leg he'll be out of the NBA in about 2 years.

He had one simple choice which was to repair the damage done and rehab for about 6-8 months starting from a month ago... but now that he was selfish and wanted to get back as soon as possible without thinking about the repercussions he'll burn out and won't be able to explode off that leg anymore.

BRHornet45
07-26-2010, 12:15 AM
The guy has no meniscus instead of a repaired one that he tore... for those of you who even skimmed through the human anatomy should know that if he exerts himself by oh... playing basketball on that string leg he'll be out of the NBA in about 2 years.

He had one simple choice which was to repair the damage done and rehab for about 6-8 months starting from a month ago... but now that he was selfish and wanted to get back as soon as possible without thinking about the repercussions he'll burn out and won't be able to explode off that leg anymore.

son that also probably explains why he is in such a rush to "win now". maybe he knows that he won't be around in the NBA 3 or 4 years from now. hmmm

Red Hawk #21
07-26-2010, 09:15 AM

Seriously, are you exaggerating? Because you're basically saying Chris Paul is finished. And if you do think he's finished, wouldn't this be a good time to get Talent/Picks for him?