PDA

View Full Version : the Heat and Lakeshow

TE
07-24-2010, 11:07 PM
Ever since basketball was indulged by people across the country, we have witnessed team rivals across the board that at the climax, was validated by the Laker-Celtic rivalry, which was shortly relived the last couple of years. Currently, we have two teams that are clearly above head and shoulders in their respective conferences: Lakers and Heat.

The opinion from those who oppose my analysis would be that the Heat have no team around them, or be it that the Heat roster is new to each other. I say fuck that... one reason why?
The NBA will do anything, I MEAN ANYTHING, to get the Heat into the finals against the Lakers (I choose the Lakers to get to the finals, barring them being healthy).

I acknowledge that there is teams in the East that could contend for that position to represent their conference but in all honesty, I don't see how the Magic, nor any team behind the Heat will change the inevitable that is the Eastern Conference team during the 2011 NBA Finals. The same could be said for the West, but in all honesty, the only teams that give the Lakers a scare is either the Thunder (still to young but who knows now with a year of playoff experience) or the Spurs (incorporation of the beast that Splitter should be, and Parker's resurgence to one of the top guards in the league, along with the health of this team is a crucial factor), or the Blazers,(young, talented team that somehow finds a way to be injured)

I won't include the Nuggets (getting old, team chemistry issues, coach Karl's bout with cancer), nor the Mavericks (just plain chokers, therefore, they're automatically disqualified), nor the Rockets (injuries to their best player(s), and potential chemistry issues, starting with the continued attempted acclimatization of Kevin Martin, who I think is an ingrown cancer cell to a team [his game sucks, it fits that category]).

I won't even include Utah and Phoenix because of the loss of high quality players, and highly potential chemistry issues within the respective teams.

.................................................. ...........................................

With Lebron's decision to move to Miami, I honestly think that it has created somewhat of a rivalry with the Lakers, that will soon be taken advantage of for whatever it is worth... This rivalry, for whatever it isn't as of now, will be exacerbated as soon as the season begins, which will ultimately reach it's high point when ESPN begins to pit these two teams as some of the greatest to ever play each other (it's a stretch, but I believe these two teams will be in the finals....and trust me, I fucking hate these two teams, so it kills me to predict such nonsense).

It really sucks, but it should be a fun season, can't wait for it to get here.

:toast (drinking a couple of 24 oz miller lites to enjoy the rest of this young night)

enjoy.

Giuseppe
07-24-2010, 11:13 PM
It's a moot point:::Luva says: "Nobody closes us out."

End of story.

-30-

JJ Hickson
07-24-2010, 11:15 PM
http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/shadowkhan9001/Gaia%20stuff/CoolStoryBro.jpg

ginobili's bald spot
07-24-2010, 11:18 PM
http://surfingbeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Cool-Dog-Hey-Cool-story-bro41.jpg

TE
07-24-2010, 11:48 PM
It's a moot point:::Luva says: "Nobody closes us out."

End of story.

-30-

Luva's opinion isn't [e]ffective here...somewhat in the category of an afterthought.

Giuseppe
07-24-2010, 11:57 PM
Luva's opinion isn't [e]ffective here...somewhat in the category of an afterthought.

I don't know, Trig, when we were up against it Game 7 down 13 in the third quarter and The Princess reinstated Luva at that point........I said: "Luva, what's the sense in your comin' back now, we're toast, it's over. Forget it." Luva stated: "Nobody, Cully, nobody closes us out."

Just like that.

Roddy Beaubois
07-25-2010, 12:02 AM
He just knew stern would give you 20 FTs. I knew something like that was coming as well.

My Fault
07-25-2010, 12:06 AM
No homerism in that huh?

TE
07-25-2010, 12:08 AM
He just knew stern would give you 20 FTs. I knew something like that was coming as well.

My point... I guess we all saw the same crystal ball Luva happened to see. Luva just outsmarted all of us basketball fans to making a bold prediction on ST.
:depressed

TE
07-25-2010, 12:25 AM
I just got done watching that game again for the first time completely. Boston just choked and got bullied in the paint. You give up 18 boards to Pau and 15 to Kobe, you deserve to lose. The only thing that can beat us is age.

:wakeup

21_Dickings
07-25-2010, 12:49 AM
I don't know, Trig, when we were up against it Game 7 down 13 in the third quarter and The Princess reinstated Luva at that point........I said: "Luva, what's the sense in your comin' back now, we're toast, it's over. Forget it." Luva stated: "Nobody, Cully, nobody closes us out."

Just like that.

Fuckin' truth.

We're the Lakers.

The LAKERS!

The greatest sports franchise in the history of the world, universe, and multiverse. The big bang happened and existence materialized cause God knew it would eventually lead to the creation of the Lakers. The laws of physics were put in place so a Laker could one day bounce, pass, and shoot a basketball. Human emotion was created so people could love and be jealous of the Lakers. Sexual intercourse exists for the purpose of creating future Lakers and Laker fans, the rest of the people who don't wind up in that circle are genetic weak links, like Mavs, Suns, and Spurs fans.

The Lakers are the apex of divine and human creation.

Nothing even comes close.

Giuseppe
07-25-2010, 05:28 AM
My point... I guess we all saw the same crystal ball Luva happened to see. Luva just outsmarted all of us basketball fans to making a bold prediction on ST.
:depressed

& at 13 down in the 3rd quarter no less.

Everybody else was gettin' their party hats on & mallets at the ready to bust our snut bags. I was preparing my crying jag with great fanfare. I was gonna beat Katie-girl and toss a dog or two across a vacant Maryvale lot.

Then all the sudden, with jacks & timbers we started back down, then came that rumble way down in the ground and smoke & gas belched outta Red's crypt and everybody knew that Phil had capped 11, Big Ron.

mytespurs
07-25-2010, 11:20 AM
well, some conspiracy theorists claim that that the Lakers/Cavs finals was a lock and we saw what happened there.

One of many reasons why a predictions on paper mean nothing once the game is played on the court.

bandwagon_fan
07-25-2010, 11:33 AM
It's pretty simple why the Lakers and Heat will probably lead the nba in free throws. If you can't guard a player, you are forced to foul a lot.

Veterinarian
07-25-2010, 12:08 PM
Culburn and lakaluva need to get a room, this is getting gross.

Giuseppe
07-25-2010, 12:13 PM
this is getting gross.

You ain't smelled skunk in Phoenix. That's gross.:lmao

Josepatches_
07-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Lakeshow? Ref's show fits better