PDA

View Full Version : WE are back in 2011!

lotr1trekkie
07-25-2010, 10:17 AM
We will match up very well in the marathon that is the NBA season. The Lakers were fortunate that the final game was played at home. In Boston they lose! Enought said. They are not Magic's Lakers with so much talent at every spot.
If Pop works in the new talent faster, we will be in the hunt. Tiaggo, Neal , Anderson and Garrett.
Improving vets, Hill, Blair and Jefferson and Bonner.
By playoff time we should have a team that will challange for the title. I am obviously assuming we have the Big 3 healthy. IMO we have added enough ammunition.
My only caveat would be that POP does not intergrate the new players as soon as possible. They need to be playoff ready.

tdunk21
07-25-2010, 10:21 AM
one perimter defender is what we need....

Muser
07-25-2010, 10:26 AM
How were the Lakers lucky? They earned HCA.

Nathan89
07-25-2010, 10:31 AM
How were the Lakers lucky? They earned HCA.

The advantage should be the fans/atmosphere not the officials.

Gagnrath
07-25-2010, 11:19 AM
How is temple considered new? The guy was a starter last year.

Vito Corleone
07-25-2010, 11:43 AM
Are you kidding??? The lakers toyed with the rest of the league. The heat are the 2nd best team behind the lakers (on paper).

honestly if Bosh and Amare had teamed up with either Wade or James then I think the Heat would have been unstoppable and better than the Lakers, but as it is they are great but not the unstoppable force many think they are.

The Lakers still hold a major advantage over them in the front court and they still have Kobe and crazy boy to lock down both Lebron and wade.

BadMotorscooter
07-25-2010, 12:38 PM
We arent close to catching the Lakers yet. I think the team in the West that has a chance of dethroning them...and not a good one at that...is Utah. To me, they are the 2nd best team in the western conference. With Williams, Milsap, Jefferson, Okur, Bell, and Kirilenko. Thats a pretty good group of players. Al Jefferson is gonna be a beast there with Williams feeding him the ball.

manu the best
07-25-2010, 02:32 PM
We arent close to catching the Lakers yet. I think the team in the West that has a chance of dethroning them...and not a good one at that...is Utah. To me, they are the 2nd best team in the western conference. With Williams, Milsap, Jefferson, Okur, Bell, and Kirilenko. Thats a pretty good group of players. Al Jefferson is gonna be a beast there with Williams feeding him the ball.

are you kidding me .. they just replace boozer with al jefferson and he can't also defend .. and bell just came from a injury .. utah maybe will pass the 1st round but for sure they will not go to the WCF ..

BadMotorscooter
07-25-2010, 04:31 PM
are you kidding me .. they just replace boozer with al jefferson and he can't also defend .. and bell just came from a injury .. utah maybe will pass the 1st round but for sure they will not go to the WCF ..

Who is better? People thought Denver was the 2nd best team in the west last year. Utah beat them 4-2 in the 1st round. And then lost to the champions, in the Lakers. They just added Jefferson and a defensive player in Bell and can move Milsap in the role Boozer played. They won 53 games last year and have added two great players. Its not rocket science. And as far as playing no defense...didnt a team just sweep us out of the playoffs that doesnt play defense and play the Lakers in the WCF'? That being Phoenix.

Galileo
07-25-2010, 04:38 PM
one perimter defender is what we need....

Jefferson.

ElNono
07-25-2010, 05:02 PM
If you ask me on the spot right now, we're not close, IMO.
I want to see how Tony looks more than the kids.
We can take another look midway through the season.

PublicOption
07-25-2010, 06:50 PM
we have brazil and argentina in our corner.........you know what that means in the stands next year.....plenty of this.....

1BIgnEiT8ow