PDA

View Full Version : Rank teams as you like them most going into the new season

Kamnik
07-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Please, don't write that you only cheer for one team (most of us do). I am mainly a Spurs fan but each one of us likes some teams more than others.

1. Spurs (a Spurs fan since Rasho signed with them...)

2. Suns (Dragič is my favourite player in the NBA so I am glad if they win and he plays a lot)

3. Houston (I always liked Yao and most of Houston's players)

4. Thunder (they are a real model on how to rebuild... got to love their smart moves and Durant who is really humbe as a superstar)

5. Bucks (pretty much the only eastern conference team I somewhat like; I watched live when Bogut got injured and felt really really bad for them :/ )

29. Clippers/Warriors/Wizards ( I'd rather shoot myself in the knee than be a fan of these teams)

30. Knicks (the shittiest organisation in existence, any average fan could be a GM there and do a better job at rebuilding than they did in the last decade; one bad decision after another in the biggest market in the NBA... hilarious)

spursncowboys
07-25-2010, 01:12 PM
1. Spurs
2. Thunder- Durant needs some more quality fa but they are gonna do better.
3. Heat- I doubt they'll lose 4 games before the allstar game.

tlongII
07-25-2010, 01:26 PM
1. Blazers
2. Whomever is playing the Lakers
3. Whomever is playing the Celtics

HarlemHeat37
07-25-2010, 01:38 PM
#2. Orlando..to see Vince Carter win a ring, even after he choked badly last year..hopefully they acquire Chris Paul, so Vince can be the #3..

#3. Miami..Lebron James, best player in the NBA, great teammate, one of the great philanthropists of this era..

#28. Memphis..the Lakers farm team, so the hatred is for obvious reasons..

#29. Cleveland..their owner is a racist, they have the worst fans in the NBA next to Laker fans, they aren't appreciative of anything, they couldn't surround Lebron with a competent supporting cast..

#30. Lakers..they represent everything wrong with the NBA, since they're on top..rape, racism, women abuse, animal abuse, snitching, using injuries as an excuse, excessive ref support, collusion, HIV from adultery..

Goran Dragic
07-25-2010, 02:26 PM
1. Suns (I really could care less about whether they miss the playoffs or make the playoffs and lose immediately, but maybe I'll be wrong again about them)

2. Thunder (Pretty hard to hate this team other than the fact they should be in Seattle. They play great D, they built their team through scouting and drafting, and Durant is a model citizen)

3. Kings (I don't wanna see Demarcus Cousins turn into the next Eddy Curry when the NBA needs more legit centers, Omri Casspi is the great Jewish hope, and Ty Evans is a stud. Plus they're coached by Paul Westphal.)

4. Knicks (I don't wanna see Mike D'antoni succeed at all, but I wanna see Amare prove people wrong and accomplish something as the clear #1 on his team)

28. Raptors (Colangelo)

29. Bulls (Every year this team is overhyped and overrated, Vinny Del Negro and Scott Skiles were both treated extremely unfairly by John Paxson when the real problem is the shitty team John Paxson has assembled)

30. Heat (Don't even have to say why)

HarlemHeat37
07-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Lakers don't make your bottom 3, even after the Barnes signing?..

Goran Dragic
07-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Lakers don't make your bottom 3, even after the Barnes signing?..

They would except I can't have both the Lakers and Heat in my bottom 3 or there would be no point in watching the NBA next season.

Amarelooms
07-25-2010, 02:53 PM
1. Mavs
2. Rockets
3. Spurs

Texas only sons....God bless

:elephant

JMarkJohns
07-25-2010, 03:00 PM
1. Suns: self explanatory

2. Houston: Closely followed the careers of Brooks, Budinger and Hill while each was in the Pac-10.

3. Bucks: I've been a Jennings fan since he was a sophomore in high school, and Skiles since he benched Penny for loafing on the court as the Suns coach.

4. Thunder: Durant and Westbrook. Damn I wish they were in Seattle!

5. Chicago: I'm interested to see how well the talent meshes, and what level of defense can be achieved through Thibodeau's system. One more shooter, maturation and defense and they have everything necessary for a Finals run. Pulling for Thomas, I have always been high on Noah and like Gibson from his Pac-10 days.

Other teams of interest: Portland (Bayless/Roy from Pac-10), Lakers (you can't fuckin' lose the fuckin' Miami Heat if it comes down to it... Thanks!)

Kamnik
07-25-2010, 03:34 PM
I realised that on average I like western conference teams much more than the eastern ones... Don't really know why.

hipcoolster
07-25-2010, 03:35 PM
[QUOTE=HarlemHeat37;4537048]#2. Orlando..to see Vince Carter win a ring, even after he choked badly last year..hopefully they acquire Chris Paul, so Vince can be the #3..

#3. Miami..Lebron James, best player in the NBA, great teammate, one of the great philanthropists of this era..

I had to read this post 3 times because my brain couldn't comprehend what I was reading. Vince Carter is the king of quitters. He is and always has been a huge piece of sh**. Willing him to succeed at this stage is equivalent to rooting on an elderly child molester as he lurks upon yet another child.

As for the lebron comment-- one of the great philanthropists of this era??? Are you f**king kidding me. Lebron is 100% about image. The only reason he would ever give back is because it makes him look like less of a douche and he can write it off come tax day. If he's such a good guy why did the boys and girls club only get under 5 mil when his ludacris "decision" netted on the upper part of 10? Wouldn't you think a great philanthropist would give all of the proceeds to the B&G club??? Especially after he had just a** raped an entire city.

Ashy Larry
07-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Los Angeles Lakers
Los Angeles Doyers
Los Angeles Kings
USC Trojans
Once we get an NFL Squad, Los Angeles ____________ .

TheKingOfMIA6
07-25-2010, 04:41 PM
Miami Heat
OKC Thunder
Wherever CP3 goes

DD
07-25-2010, 05:02 PM
1. Lakers - Duh.

2. Thunder - Fun to watch.

3. Jazz - love watching D-Will play ball...best PG in the game IMO.

4. Bucks - If healthy I think this team could surprise people (even moreso than last year).

5. Bulls - Under the shadow of the Big 3 out East, but they definitely have the talent to compete with them.

6. Warriors - I think Steph Curry might challenge for the scoring title this year--no joke, you heard it here first.

27. Nuggets - Any team with that much stupidity--regardless of talent--will never go anywhere. J.R. Smith is a piece of shit too.

28. Hawks - The Joe Johnson deal, nothing need more be said.

29. Spurs - Too old

30. Celtics - I respect the hell outta them, but they are the Boston Celtics, so I hope they all fucking die.

I can't add the Heat to the hate list b/c there's only one player on their team I can't stand (LBJ). Wade is a stud.

Texas_Ranger
07-25-2010, 05:12 PM
29. Spurs - Too old

Yea. 26 is really what you can call old. :wow

Pistons < Spurs
07-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Pistons -

Thunder - Hard not to like the players and their potential

Kings - Tyreke, Thompson and Cousins. This is going to be a fun team to watch.

Bulls - Best team in the East. Looking forward to seeing the two man game between Booz and Rose

Clippers - Blake Griffin. Praying he can put the Clippers organization on his shoulders without his knee giving out.

elemento
07-25-2010, 05:52 PM
1 - Spurs with the new guys Splitter and James Anderson

2 - Miami with Lebron, Wade and Bosh

3 - Clippers with Griffin/Gordon/Davis should be fun to watch

4 - Jazz with Al Jefferson and Raja

5 - Kings with Evans and Cousins

SpursNextRomanEmpire
07-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Spurs
Rockets
Kings
Thunder

8FOR!3
07-25-2010, 06:15 PM
In no order, other than the Spurs being #1 of course.

1. Spurs - It's gonna be great to see how Splitter mixes in with the team and I have high expectations for Anderson as well.
2. Heat - I'm not a bandwagon 'fan' or anything, I just think they'll be a fun team to watch.
3. Thunder - Durant's a stud and Cole Aldrich might be a good addition to that team.
4. Jazz - I like Al Jefferson, wasn't a big fan of Boozer, he and D-Will are gonna crush some teams. Raja Bell fits in nice as well.
5. Trail Blazers - Young and talent filled with a lot of guards, should be interesting.
6. Timberwolves - Another young team, guys like Beasley are going to have to step up and lead, I expect to see Darko Milicic develop into a player.
7. Raptors - Are they going to suck? Of course that's a yes, but I'm excited to see Andrea Bargnani lead the team and guys like Belinelli and DeRozan take a larger role.
8. Knicks - It's the best team they've had in a while, hopefully Amar'e steps up to the plate and is actually the #1 player on that team. Gallo/Raymond Felton are fun to watch also.
9. Wizards - I know, the team sucks and they're going to suck, but it should be fun as hell to see John Wall play and see how he does.
10. Warriors - I watched David Lee play a bit last year, fan of his. Steph Curry is also the man, add in Ekpe Udoh and it's gonna rock.
Notable selections...Charlotte, Sacremento, Memphis, *forgot New Jersey too, interested in them*...
The bottom of the list...

Bulls - I could give a rat's ass about the Bulls and "Not At The Table" Carlos Bullszer. I'd like them more with McGrady though.
Lakers - It's the fuckin Lakers.
Mavericks - It's the damn Mavericks.
Celtics - I have mixed feelings about them, but they're all bad.
Rockets - Delusional fans.

Darrin
07-25-2010, 07:33 PM
1. Heat
2. Bulls
3. Thunder
4. LA Lakers
5. Bucks
6. Celtics
7. Pistons
8. Nuggets
9. Kings
10. Wizards
----
11. Jazz
12. Mavericks
13. Spurs
14. Warriors
15. Blazers
16. Wolves
----
17. Hawks
18. Rockets
19. Grizzlies
20. Cavaliers
----
21. Knicks
22. Bobcats
23. Pacers
24. Raptors
25. 76ers
26. Hornets
27. Nets
28. Clippers
29. Suns
30. Magic

koriwhat
07-25-2010, 07:43 PM
1. spurs
2. fuck the rest!

noob cake
07-25-2010, 07:52 PM
My Team
Rockets

I Like, I Like
Thunder
Blazers
Kings
Spurs
Suns
Magic

Neutral in my mind
Bulls
Pistons
Mavericks
Wizards
Warriors
Hawks
Knicks
Bobcats
76ers
Hornets

LOL Wut, Not a REAL NBA team
Grizzlies
Wolves
Bucks
Raptors
Pacers
Nets
Clippers

Dislike
Cavaliers
Nuggets
Celtics
Heats

Special Place in Hell
Fakers

Worse than Fakers
Jizz

ohmwrecker
07-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Spurs ~ natch
Thunder ~ long time Sonics fan, UT alum, KD is the real deal
Rockets ~ 2nd fav Texas team except when they play SA
Magic ~ fav east team
Blazers ~ good young team
Heat ~ should be fun to watch win or lose, hopefully lose
76ers ~ fav east team as a kid, Dr. J!
Pistons ~ great franchise, most respected Spurs finals opponent
Bobcats ~ high school team was the Bobcats (same colors), Cap'n Jack
Pacers ~ OG ABA franchise, great basketball state

Jazz ~ you got to feel for Jerry Sloan, hated Stockton/Malone
Hornets ~ coon ass fans, whiny prima donna superstar
Nuggets ~ Thuggets
Suns ~ shitty fans, shitty state, whiny, floppy bitches
Mavericks ~ shittier fans, shitty city, Cuban
Lakers ~ no more showtime, bandwagon fans, Kobe, Yoda
Celtics ~ never, ever liked Boston, hate KG

eisfeld
07-26-2010, 12:25 AM
#2 Thunder
#3 Bulls
#4 Suns (since they got rid of Amar'e they are finally again a team to like)
#5 Bobcats (I always liked them)
#6 Clippers (B-Diddy ;)
#7 Nets (Lopez)

Dislikes:
#1 Mavericks (Never ever liked them, only player I like is Nowitzki)
#2 Celtics (Can there be a more dislikeable duo like Pierce and Garnett?)
#3 Heat
#4 Pacers
#5 Warriors (God I liked that team before Mona Ellis)

Neutral:
#1 Lakers (Kudos to Kobe, Gasol, Artest and all the other players who really deserved to win those rings in the past years - but seeing Walton, Bynum, Morrison with a rings just makes me sick)

Giuseppe
07-26-2010, 12:40 AM
Yeah, but Spurs fans love Barnes.

Luva, had gotten his snooper on.:lol

Chieflion
07-26-2010, 12:40 AM
1. San Antonio Spurs

2. Sacramento Kings (Cousins and Evans duo)

3. Portland Trail Blazers (Get healthy Oden)

4. New Jersey Nets (New owner just too kickass)

5. Indiana Pacers (Paul George, Stephenson and Rolle)

Bito Corleone
07-26-2010, 12:54 AM
29. Spurs - Too old

The Spurs have three players over 30 - Tim, Manu, and Dice
Jefferson is 30.
The rest of the team are all under 28.

Really old

EmantheSpursFan
07-26-2010, 12:57 AM
1. Spurs Duh
2. Thunder (Durant.)
3. Kings: Run DMC (DeMarcus Cousins), Evans, Landry, Whiteside and Casspi
4. Heat: 3 all-stars
5. Memphis: Thabeet!!!

Chieflion
07-26-2010, 01:13 AM
Why do you hate the Lakers? We have the largest gook population around.

I don't think this is the reason a Pakistani who shouldn't even have internet would be a fan of the Post-Gasol Lakers.

Goran Dragic
07-26-2010, 01:15 AM

FYI - gook is only slander towards Korean people. Chink is the word you are looking for. I'm not trying to correct you, just doing my part as ST's racial slur expert.

TE
07-26-2010, 01:16 AM
FYI - gook is only slander towards Korean people. Chink is the word you are looking for. I'm not trying to correct you, just doing my part as ST's racial slur expert.

what is the racial slur for slovenians?

21_Dickings
07-26-2010, 01:16 AM
1. Lakers.

There is no one else.

Goran Dragic
07-26-2010, 01:17 AM
what is the racial slur for slovenians?

Good question tbh. Since we're so awesome no one ever bothered to create one.

LongtimeSpursFan
07-26-2010, 01:28 AM
1. Spurs - naturally.
2. Thunder -it seems that the Thunder are quickly becoming a fan favorite amongst basketball fans. I really do hope that Durant surpasses LeBron in terms of fan appeal.
3. Suns - fun to watch. The day Nash retires is a dark day for the NBA.

Venti Quattro
07-26-2010, 04:17 AM
1. Lakers
2. Thunder
3. Bulls
4. Magic
5. Bucks

sexinthatsx
07-26-2010, 04:32 AM

lol at paki trying to recruit more bandwagon fans.

Also, lol at Darrin for listing Miami Heat as 1st favorite team, and Pistons as 7th. This guy is a true bandwagon fan in the making.

DeadlyDynasty
07-26-2010, 05:00 AM
sorry brah, but "gook" was made popular during the Vietnam War. Gook, slope, zipperhead, charlie, etc...

DeadlyDynasty
07-26-2010, 05:01 AM
The Spurs have three players over 30 - Tim, Manu, and Dice
Jefferson is 30.
The rest of the team are all under 28.

Really old
Oh my bad...so it's only the important players that are old...

:rolleyes

Booharv
07-26-2010, 05:24 AM
Oh my bad...so it's only the important players that are old...

Yeah, because Parker's not important.

DeadlyDynasty
07-26-2010, 05:28 AM
Yeah, because Parker's not important.

Jesus Christ, Spurs fans get so jacked off when you mention their team is old. Yes, Parker is under 30 (and coming off injury)...but Manu and Tim--2 of 3 your best players--are clearly on the downside of their careers.

It's a moot point though, b/c everyone and their mother knows the Spurs have absolutely no shot at winning the west.

21_Blessings
07-26-2010, 06:01 AM
It's a moot point though, b/c everyone and their mother knows the Spurs have absolutely no shot at winning the west.

Reality must hurt. :toast

2007/2008 is just a distant, fleeting memory. Spur fan used to be filled with so much ambition and hope. Maybe next generation they will be relevant again.

:flag:

Em-City
07-26-2010, 06:13 AM
SPURS
bobcats (g wallace & sjax)
NY (amare & randolph fan)
gsw (minus nelly)

21_Dickings
07-26-2010, 07:29 AM
Reality must hurt. :toast

2007/2008 is just a distant, fleeting memory. Spur fan used to be filled with so much ambition and hope. Maybe next generation they will be relevant again.

:flag:

Hey, baby. To let you know, Dr. House wants to have a fivesome with me, you, Lakaluva, and Koolaid-Man. Should be a lot of fun.

But yeah, lol at Spurfan. They must be on the brink of suicide knowing they're no longer relevant and the only team that matters is the great Los Angeles Lakers.

No one is closing us out. With the addition of Blake, UCLA's Matt Barnes, Character, Bob Eubanks, along with a healthy Baby Drew and Kobe, the NBA is fucked.

What can the other teams do except bow to our greatness?

Goran Dragic
07-26-2010, 09:22 AM
sorry brah, but "gook" was made popular during the Vietnam War. Gook, slope, zipperhead, charlie, etc...

But it's still a word used for Koreans (and Vietnamese people but moreso Koreans). Either way it sounds retarded to call a Chinese person a gook.

Chieflion
07-26-2010, 09:37 AM
But it's still a word used for Koreans (and Vietnamese people but moreso Koreans). Either way it sounds retarded to call a Chinese person a gook.

Ain't that what lakaluva is all about?

picc84
07-26-2010, 10:01 AM
1. LA Lakers
2. SA Spurs
3. Pre-Lebron Miami Heat
4. Pre-Wince Orlando Magic
5. Utah Bye Round
6. Washington Wizards

My Fault
07-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Spurs- Obvisouly
Thunder- Followed Durant as a longhorn and who could hate them?