PDA

View Full Version : TP says he's going nowhere...

Pauleta14
07-25-2010, 02:06 PM
This isn't a HUGE news, but I didn't see it mensioned anywhere...
Maybe it can help kill the "TP trade" talk for now...

In the french newpaper Lequipe, he said that he is aware that being in the last year of his contract he is the best trade value of the team, but that Pop clearly told him "except for Kobe or Lebron, you're going nowhere..."

I didn't find the link on L'Equipe, but found that quote on an other french BB site...

http://www.basketusa.com/news/39323/tony-parker-reaffirme-quil-nira-nulle-part/

Tony Parker réaffirme qu’il n’ira nulle part

Interrogé par le journal L’Equipe à la sortie de son camp, Tony Parker a réaffirmé qu’il ne serait pas avec l’équipe de France cet été. Il a également tenu à dire, une nouvelle fois, qu’il ne se voyait pas partir cette saison.

« C’est ma dernière année de contrat, et donc c’est moi qui ai la plus grosse valeur aux Spurs, » explique-t-il. « S’ils font un mouvement, c’est pour moi. Mais Pop (Gregg Popovich) m’a dit mot pour mot : à moins que ce soit pour Kobe Bryant ou LeBron James, tu ne vas nulle part. »

Et comme il n’y a strictement aucune chance pour que ces deux-là atterrissent aux Spurs…

Spursfan092120
07-25-2010, 02:09 PM
It's been mentioned, yes..shortly thereafter though, he said that he was looking forward to a new challenge in a new city after next year. Knowing that they will most likely be losing him, that could change things.

Blackjack
07-25-2010, 02:18 PM
Trade talk can be fun, and it can also be a beating, but I just can't see the Spurs trading him unless they suffer through a complete catastrophe during the first half of the season (i.e. for whatever reason their season is over and there's no shot at contention).

This is the team they're likely rolling with and the only possible changes will be on the fringe or outside their core.

Edit: No big deal for the Omnipotent One but I figured I should acknowledge 6K. Maybe I should start a thread so you guys can celebrate my greatness?

I'll think about it for you; you're welcome. :toast

Pauleta14
07-25-2010, 02:19 PM
It's been mentioned, yes..shortly thereafter though, he said that he was looking forward to a new challenge in a new city after next year. Knowing that they will most likely be losing him, that could change things.

It was a few weeks ago...

This "news"/quote if from yesterday when his was at his youth camp in France!

What he said about "a new challenge", "new team for 8 or 9 years" (lol) was part of the negociation, the same way Manu said during the whole year each time he was asked, that he was ready to leave SA for another team...

We saw what happened.

ps/ By the way, I read a few days ago that at that same youth camp, Tony teached the kids that THE LAKERS ARE THE ENEMY!!!! :lol
(it was quoted on the same website)

silverblk mystix
07-25-2010, 03:15 PM

bullshit---YOU are putting your own spin on this...

that was taken out of context and he was repeatedly asked---what IF the spurs would trade him,and also what about the PERSISTENT RUMORS...

that is when Tony answered that...

that is how all this TRADE TP bs starts...

lefty
07-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Again ??????

How many time has Parker or Pop denied that?????

That's it, he is leaving

ElNono
07-25-2010, 03:28 PM
I think ultimately it will come to wether the Spurs offer a max deal or not. Time will tell what's really on his mind.

Bruno
07-25-2010, 03:34 PM
Spurs will re-sign Parker.

spurs10
07-25-2010, 03:34 PM
Tony's is much more valuable than he's given credit for. Both as an important asset and as a trade consideration. We better start saving our pennies, as he'll want to get paid next summer. Taking guys like TP and Manu for granted is easy, and understanding considering how much money they earn. I suppose sentilmentality doesn't count for much when it comes to winning, but you'd be smart to remember who brought 'ya to the dance'.

dbestpro
07-25-2010, 03:38 PM
I have no doubt that Parker will play the entire 2010-2011 season with the Spurs. I also have no doubt that he will sign another contract that will have him playing for another team in 2011-2012.

Ego.

ChumpDumper
07-25-2010, 03:43 PM
He didn't pass to Manu that time! Remember?

quentin_compson
07-25-2010, 03:55 PM

To make things worse, he also didn't pass to RJ that one time. Selfish prick!

spursfan09
07-25-2010, 04:14 PM

:lol

Plus he's too Hollywood for old slow mo San Antone.

TDMVPDPOY
07-25-2010, 04:44 PM
givin him a deal, would push us to lux tax right for next season...then duncans contract runs off the book....

Leonard Curse
07-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Tony's is much more valuable than he's given credit for. Both as an important asset and as a trade consideration. We better start saving our pennies, as he'll want to get paid next summer. Taking guys like TP and Manu for granted is easy, and understanding considering how much money they earn. I suppose sentilmentality doesn't count for much when it comes to winning, but you'd be smart to remember who brought 'ya to the dance'.

well said, are you referring to the fans or parker when you speak of gratitude?? it should be equal on both sides, thats very rare nowadays esp in the nba. i would love to keep parker, but if you look at the circumstances it just doesnt seem likely.

This trade is starting to seem like a no brainer. TP wants a max deal rightfully so and were not looking back with the players pop has in place.
theres no denying these rumors from pop or tony as of late, and i think we we can obtain some future/current/defensive stars with tony being traded and almost have a new starting five set in place for the future.

i always refer to rondo running the celtics team in 08' as a rising pg in the league, he is alot like hill in a way, no one ever responds to that statement so i think its a good one. it kind of throws the whole no parker no ring b.s. people forget the spurs had to take a huge chance on parker and trust him eventually.

ChumpDumper
07-25-2010, 04:55 PM
no one ever responds to that statement so i think its a good oneMy response to this statement is lol.

ElNono
07-25-2010, 04:57 PM

:rollin

Spursfan092120
07-25-2010, 05:04 PM
bullshit---YOU are putting your own spin on this...

that was taken out of context and he was repeatedly asked---what IF the spurs would trade him,and also what about the PERSISTENT RUMORS...

that is when Tony answered that...

that is how all this TRADE TP bs starts...
Calm down turbo..just reiterating the news....here's another article from L'equipe...translated...

http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/breves2010/20100629_090011_la-mise-au-point-de-tony-parker.html

The perfect is clear and without ambiguity. Despite the rumors always more numerous on his departure, Tony Parker will not leave San Antonio this summer. "I spoke with Pop (Grepp Popovich, the trainer of the Spurs), it said me that I will not go anything leaves, precise the French this Tuesday in THE Equipe. New York and Portland were the two more serious tracks, it is true, but San Antonio said no. And then I love the club. I want to remain to do the last year of contract and next to be free agent."

Of passage in France these days before to fly away itself for Coming and well deserved vacation, Parker returns equally on his season ruined by the injuries: "It is clear it was an average season. Every time that I returned from injury, it fell me something over". Suddenly, the leader of the Spurs is itself assistant the services of a physical assistant that will take care of him this summer: "It is well if I cut all a summer and that I do a true preparation, that I work on my body. From July 10, I will have a physical assistant. I had never done that in NBA. After an average season, I want to show to everyone that it was an accident".

Parker projects itself already on the next season and, there, it does not hide its intention to leave: "That will do ten years at the end of next year that I play San Antonio. This is a beautiful buckle and a beautiful tournament for me to go somewhere else. If I leave I can do another career, eight or nine years in another club".

Not saying I want him to leave...I don't...just reporting what he quoted.

ChumpDumper
07-25-2010, 05:05 PM
It certainly is a beautiful buckle.

Texas_Ranger
07-25-2010, 05:06 PM
If it's true that he wants to leave we better trade him.

ducks
07-25-2010, 05:06 PM
that is old news
bruno translated the whole interview when that came out

dbestpro
07-25-2010, 05:07 PM
To make things worse, he also didn't pass to RJ that one time. Selfish prick!

Parker thinks a high dribble is a pass to himself and should be recorded as an assist.

ChumpDumper
07-25-2010, 05:08 PM
that is old news
bruno translated the whole interview when that came outLies!

Bruno didn't mention the beautiful buckle tournament!

This is huge!

mytespurs
07-25-2010, 05:09 PM
This isn't a HUGE news, but I didn't see it mensioned anywhere...
Maybe it can help kill the "TP trade" talk for now...

In the french newpaper Lequipe, he said that he is aware that being in the last year of his contract he is the best trade value of the team, but that Pop clearly told him "except for Kobe or Lebron, you're going nowhere..."

I didn't find the link on L'Equipe, but found that quote on an other french BB site...

http://www.basketusa.com/news/39323/tony-parker-reaffirme-quil-nira-nulle-part/

Tony Parker réaffirme qu’il n’ira nulle part

Interrogé par le journal L’Equipe à la sortie de son camp, Tony Parker a réaffirmé qu’il ne serait pas avec l’équipe de France cet été. Il a également tenu à dire, une nouvelle fois, qu’il ne se voyait pas partir cette saison.

« C’est ma dernière année de contrat, et donc c’est moi qui ai la plus grosse valeur aux Spurs, » explique-t-il. « S’ils font un mouvement, c’est pour moi. Mais Pop (Gregg Popovich) m’a dit mot pour mot : à moins que ce soit pour Kobe Bryant ou LeBron James, tu ne vas nulle part. »

Et comme il n’y a strictement aucune chance pour que ces deux-là atterrissent aux Spurs…

Things change....so one never says never-hope he signs a long term deal-he and youngsters are the future for the Spurs.

Spursfan092120
07-25-2010, 05:14 PM
Shit..I hope he doesn't leave...I'd love him to retire here...just don't know if that's his choice.

Spursfan092120
07-25-2010, 05:15 PM
that is old news
bruno translated the whole interview when that came out
Well aware that it's old news, ducks..just responding to the guy who said it was bullshit.

Blackjack
07-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Lies!

Bruno didn't mention the beautiful buckle tournament!

This is huge!

:lol

Guess he's been hanging around these parts too much. His French be gettin' rusty.

Basketball Power
07-25-2010, 05:42 PM
I can't remember see someone being so open to get the hell out a team, Spurs 100% going to trade him this season

ploto
07-25-2010, 05:42 PM
The quote means he is not being traded this season. It means nothing beyond that.

will_spurs
07-25-2010, 06:06 PM
I can't remember see someone being so open to get the hell out a team

Maybe because you have an extremely short memory?

Taking it to the Hole
07-25-2010, 06:31 PM
The only one to be certain what Tony is going to do is probably Eva, seeing as she is his wife....or something?

Pauleta14
07-25-2010, 07:34 PM

For how much???

alchemist
07-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Parker is gone after this season.

20beastie45
07-25-2010, 09:30 PM
it's simple guys....Parker either stays and retires a spur....or we do a S & T during the free agency period....I think Parker is very grateful of the Spurs.

He's going to play the whole season in a spurs jersey

IMO(of course)

boutons_deux
07-28-2010, 05:03 AM
Bid for Spurs' Parker Rejected

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/8863062.stm

Leonard Curse
07-28-2010, 06:45 AM
My response to this statement is lol.

isnt that your response to 90% of arguments?, your statements are law while everyone elses are ludacris am i right? i understand denial is the 1st stage of mourning so ill let you rest i hope you feel better chumpdump

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-28-2010, 07:35 AM

How much do you think he'll want, and what do you think is reasonable?

MannyIsGod
07-28-2010, 08:11 AM
If TP stays in San Antonio I don't see how its for less than the Max. I mean Joe fucking Johnson and Rudy Gay got the max so what do you think Finals MVP Tony Parker deserves?

MannyIsGod
07-28-2010, 08:11 AM
RUDY GAY GOT THE MAX. Just think about that for a bit. Rudy Gay.

Bruno
07-28-2010, 08:12 AM
How much do you think he'll want, and what do you think is reasonable?

IMO, $70M/5 years would be a good deal for both sides. Saying that, I've found that teams have offered big contracts to players this summer so it could be more. The max extension for Parker is $88.8M/5 years.

Spurs have spend $53M this summer for RJ and Bonner. They better open their wallet for Parker who is light year better than them.

Obstructed_View
07-28-2010, 08:22 AM
http://passionweiss.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/ludacris9.jpg

alchemist
07-28-2010, 08:51 AM
I'm sure Tony would leave a few million on the table and head to NY to play with Amare/Melo.

rmt
07-28-2010, 08:59 AM
I'm sure Tony would leave a few million on the table and head to NY to play with Amare/Melo.

Amare and Melo, ugh! I'd rather take the max in SA and watch Duncan and Manu retire gracefully.

ChumpDumper
07-28-2010, 09:12 AM
isnt that your response to 90% of arguments?It was my response to your rationale concluding your point was good more than your actual point.
your statements are law while everyone elses are ludacris am i right?I am now loling at your spelling.
i understand denial is the 1st stage of mourning so ill let you rest i hope you feel better chumpdumpI fully accept your curious rationales and bad spelling.

Anonymous Cowherd
07-28-2010, 09:14 AM
Bid for Spurs' Parker Rejected

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/8863062.stm

Scott Parker plays for West Ham.

And Spurs would far rather Mesut Ozil thank you very much :)

Josepatches_
07-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Without Manu and Tim the team wil need a new franchise player and good players around him.Imo we can't do it if we are paying the max to Tony. He's not a franchise player so he will be expensive to fill the roster.
Tony has to win less money or we can't sign him if we want to have a team good enough to win in the future.

Brazil
07-28-2010, 09:46 AM
IMO, $70M/5 years would be a good deal for both sides. Saying that, I've found that teams have offered big contracts to players this summer so it could be more. The max extension for Parker is $88.8M/5 years.

Spurs have spend $53M this summer for RJ and Bonner. They better open their wallet for Parker who is light year better than them.

I agree I think TP will consider positively a 70 - 75 M$ 5 y

ChumpDumper
07-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Without Manu and Tim the team wil need a new franchise player and good players around him.Imo we can't do it if we are paying the max to Tony. He's not a franchise player so he will be expensive to fill the roster.
Tony has to win less money or we can't sign him if we want to have a team good enough to win in the future.Teams can carry two or three max or near max level contracts without much of a problem.

DPG21920
07-28-2010, 10:13 AM
From my understanding of what the new CBA could do, the Spurs do have some leverage as TP would be wise to sign an extension to mitigate some of the potential risks.

thispego
07-28-2010, 10:38 AM
Calm down turbo..just reiterating the news....here's another article from L'equipe...translated...

http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/breves2010/20100629_090011_la-mise-au-point-de-tony-parker.html

The perfect is clear and without ambiguity. Despite the rumors always more numerous on his departure, Tony Parker will not leave San Antonio this summer. "I spoke with Pop (Grepp Popovich, the trainer of the Spurs), it said me that I will not go anything leaves, precise the French this Tuesday in THE Equipe. New York and Portland were the two more serious tracks, it is true, but San Antonio said no. And then I love the club. I want to remain to do the last year of contract and next to be free agent."

Of passage in France these days before to fly away itself for Coming and well deserved vacation, Parker returns equally on his season ruined by the injuries: "It is clear it was an average season. Every time that I returned from injury, it fell me something over". Suddenly, the leader of the Spurs is itself assistant the services of a physical assistant that will take care of him this summer: "It is well if I cut all a summer and that I do a true preparation, that I work on my body. From July 10, I will have a physical assistant. I had never done that in NBA. After an average season, I want to show to everyone that it was an accident".

Parker projects itself already on the next season and, there, it does not hide its intention to leave: "That will do ten years at the end of next year that I play San Antonio. This is a beautiful buckle and a beautiful tournament for me to go somewhere else. If I leave I can do another career, eight or nine years in another club".

Not saying I want him to leave...I don't...just reporting what he quoted.
That isn't a translation you fuckin loser! :rolleyes

lefty
07-28-2010, 10:55 AM
TP is gonna leave the Spurs

He has been denying that too much

Something is up

rascal
07-28-2010, 11:08 AM
As long as Pop is with the Spurs Parker will be too.

rascal
07-28-2010, 11:10 AM
I expect a big year from Parker and an extension from the Spurs.

Gino2882
07-28-2010, 11:40 AM
I expect a big year from Parker and an extension from the Spurs.

The big year should almost be a given; the extension not so much a given.

Obviously Parker is familiar with the team/system, he should be very healthy, and he is in a contract year. I expect the 20 ppg version of Parker, even if he only averages 17.

Hopefully the extension works itself out as well.

Obstructed_View
07-28-2010, 11:48 AM
I thought Parker was going to stay, but then I read about the beautiful buckle.