PDA

View Full Version : Dez Bryant too good for rookie hazing and tradition?

Pages : [1] 2

Pistons < Spurs
07-25-2010, 08:37 PM
Dez refuses to carry Williams' pads

Receiver Dez Bryant has done everything right on the field during the first two days of Dallas Cowboys training camp, but he refuses to participate in an NFL rite of passage.

According to the rookie first-round pick, Roy Williams and the other veteran receivers can carry their own shoulder pads after practice.

Williams gave his pads to Bryant after Sunday's morning practice, but Bryant declined to carry them. Williams threatened to go to "step two" when talking to reporters.

"I'm not doing it," Bryant said. "I feel like I was drafted to play football, not carry another player's pads."

"If I was a free agent, it would still be the same thing. I just feel like I'm here to play football. I'm here to try to help win a championship, not carry someone's pads. I'm saying that out of no disrespect to [anyone]."

It's a common duty for rookies, who typically get some sort of hazing. Bill Parcells used to make first-round picks bring him water during breaks in practice. The Cowboys' rookie offensive linemen are given awful haircuts by the veterans at some point during each training camp.

"Everybody has to go through it," Williams said. "I had to go through it. No matter if you're a No. 1 pick or the 7,000th pick, you've still got to do something when you're a rookie.

"I carried pads. I paid for dinners. I paid for lunches. I did everything I was supposed to do, because I didn't want to be that guy."

What would "step two" be?

"We'll find out. Definitely going to find out," Williams said. "I don't know. I've seen guys take people's credit cards and go fill up their cards and wife's cards and everything. There's a lot of dirt that goes on in that locker room."

Bryant, a Lufkin, Texas, native who went to Oklahoma State, has become an immediate fan favorite. He made several spectacular catches during each practice in the Alamodome -- where the crowd roars even when he makes routine plays -- and runs a lap around the field high-fiving fans before going into the locker room.

Williams, an Odessa, Texas, native and University of Texas product, is a frequent target of fan criticism due to his poor production since being traded from the Detroit Lions during the 2008 season. He was booed during Sunday morning's practice when he dropped a pass, although Pro Bowler Miles Austin didn't get similar treatment when he had a drop in the afternoon session.

"I bought a Ford F-250 2011. Everybody loves a new car but I also have a 2004 Navigator that's still running," Williams said about the perception that Bryant will soon be the starter. "So that's the way I feel."

There has been no previous friction between Williams and Bryant, whose arrival puts Williams' status as a starter in jeopardy. Williams has consistently praised Bryant publicly and made it clear that the rookie could come to him with any questions that he had.

Williams believes it's a veteran's duty to serve as a mentor to rookies. And he believes it's a rookie's duty to carry the veterans' shoulder pads to the locker room after practice.

"I don't believe in that at all," Bryant said. "We have a goal here. It's not about playing games. It's all about just trying to do the right thing and achieve our goal."http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5409306

Pistons < Spurs
07-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Screw that little punk. The vets need to kick his ass

Dr. Gonzo
07-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Here come all the Cowboy nut huggers to defend him.

badfish22
07-25-2010, 08:48 PM
non-issue

BUMP
07-25-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm surprised Roy Williams can even hold on to his pads long enough to put them on

HAY-OH

Spursfan092120
Non-issue, but he should have done it...it's tradition...

Drachen
No nuthugger here, there better be some eclairs waiting for the vets when they get in in the morning!

Spursfan092120
I'm surprised Roy Williams can even hold on to his pads long enough to put them on

HAY-OH
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Spursfan092120
07-25-2010, 08:50 PM
No nuthugger here, there better be some eclairs waiting for the vets when they get in in the morning!
this...eclairs and some fuckin cinnamon rolls...the big kind too, not those damn little ones.

badfish22
07-25-2010, 08:54 PM
:cryHere come all the Cowboy nut huggers to defend him :cry

SpursTillTheEnd
07-25-2010, 08:54 PM
fuck roy williams dez can do whatever the fuck he wants that nigga aint gotta carry roys shit fuck roy get the fuck off our team, mb3 will keep dez in check though

SpursTillTheEnd
07-25-2010, 08:57 PM
peep the catch dez makes at :56
1K7bNBSb8Js

Spursfan092120
07-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Maybe Demarcus, Bradie James, or someone else could have asked him to carry the pads..but honestly, Roy has no business asking anyone to do anything for the shitty ass job he's done so far as a Cowboy.

samikeyp
07-25-2010, 09:00 PM
this...eclairs and some fuckin cinnamon rolls...the big kind too, not those damn little ones.

and apple fritters. :tu

Seriously though....making a stink about it is worse than doing it. I think, personally, hazing is pretty stupid especially at the pro level but hey, its just one of those things that is done....you do it...you smile through it, and its over. $5 says that next year, he gets some rookie to carry his.

SpursTillTheEnd
07-25-2010, 09:00 PM
Maybe Demarcus, Bradie James, or someone else could have asked him to carry the pads..but honestly, Roy has no business asking anyone to do anything for the shitty ass job he's done so far as a Cowboy.
anybody but roy, roy better not fuck this team up

Spursfan092120
07-25-2010, 09:08 PM

Seriously though....making a stink about it is worse than doing it. I think, personally, hazing is pretty stupid especially at the pro level but hey, its just one of those things that is done....you do it...you smile through it, and its over. $5 says that next year, he gets some rookie to carry his.
damn right he will..and laugh while doing it. I hope this guy isn't a prima donna...last thing we need is a rookie T.O...just keep your mouth shut and catch the damn ball.

timvp
07-25-2010, 09:08 PM

Good call.

Spursfan092120
07-25-2010, 09:09 PM
anybody but roy, roy better not fuck this team up
They won't let him..they'll send him to spot number 4 (aka WR purgatory) before they let him fuck this team up. Jerry's expecting too much this year.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
07-25-2010, 09:17 PM
He shoulda just done it

Spursfan092120
07-25-2010, 09:20 PM
He shoulda just done it
:tu

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
07-25-2010, 09:23 PM
Dez and RW seem just dumb enough to escalate this into a problem.

Spursfan092120
07-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Dez and RW seem just dumb enough to escalate this into a problem.
I fucking hope not...but this may have started with with Roy being worried that Dez might take his spot...another "Drum Line" situation if you will.

vander
07-25-2010, 10:33 PM
:lol:lol

all the attitude/drama of TO, half the ability

Spursfan092120
07-25-2010, 10:42 PM
:lol:lol

all the attitude/drama of TO, half the ability
yeah..he doesn't carry a sorry ass veteran's pads and all of a sudden he's on the cancer level of TO? Please dude..take your bullshit elsewhere.

Roddy Beaubois
07-25-2010, 10:45 PM
tbh Gonzo needs to get back in this thread, its much better with him.

" :madrun COWBOYS FANS! COWBOYS FANS! COWBOY FANS!!! :madrun "

Roddy Beaubois
07-25-2010, 10:46 PM
This just shows what many thought all along. Dez and Roy dont like each other at all.

monosylab1k
07-25-2010, 10:47 PM
so are you saying Cowboys fans aren't defending him?

"non-issue" is as good as defending him. A rookie who thinks he's above the system? That's bullshit prima donna behavior if I've ever seen it.

monosylab1k
07-25-2010, 10:48 PM
yeah..he doesn't carry a sorry ass veteran's pads and all of a sudden he's on the cancer level of TO? Please dude..take your bullshit elsewhere.

TO didn't pull shit like this as a rookie.

monosylab1k
07-25-2010, 10:49 PM
btw this is what Jerry gets for kissing his ass and putting him in the Ring of Honor before he plays one meaningful down of football for the cowboys.

dirk4mvp
07-25-2010, 10:55 PM
agree tbh

who the hell is Dez Bryant? If Roy Williams ask him to wipe his ass, Bryant should be ready to wipe.

Goran Dragic
07-25-2010, 10:55 PM

Good call.

vander
07-25-2010, 10:56 PM

I'm not saying it because of the pads indecent, I know it, I said it after the draft, and these incidents will continue to affirm it

Goran Dragic
07-25-2010, 10:58 PM
What's funny is Cowboyfan in this thread is trying to claim they're only defending Dez because Roy Williams asked him, god knows the Cowboy nuthuggers would still find a way to defend this if he refused to carry Demarcus Ware's bags.

Roddy Beaubois
07-25-2010, 10:58 PM

"non-issue" is as good as defending him. A rookie who thinks he's above the system? That's bullshit prima donna behavior if I've ever seen it.

I said "non-issue" after reading Gonzos post, hoping to create a butthurt response. Obviously hes somewhere watching Cowboy tapes from their 1989 season.

Spursfan092120
07-25-2010, 10:59 PM

all, except for one of us, said non issue, and then said he should have done it...we're not defending him...

Spursfan092120
07-25-2010, 11:00 PM
I said "non-issue" after reading Gonzos post, hoping to create a butthurt response. Obviously hes somewhere watching Cowboy tapes from their 1989 season.
:lmao
:depressed
God..that season hurt...I was 9 and still remember it.

Goran Dragic
07-25-2010, 11:01 PM
I said "non-issue" after reading Gonzos post, hoping to create a butthurt response.
So you're saying it really is an issue then?

Spursfan092120
07-25-2010, 11:01 PM
What's funny is Cowboyfan in this thread is trying to claim they're only defending Dez because Roy Williams asked him, god knows the Cowboy nuthuggers would still find a way to defend this if he refused to carry Demarcus Ware's bags.
Dude...wake the fuck up and learn to read..none of us are defending him..we're all saying he should have done it...

monosylab1k
07-25-2010, 11:02 PM
all, except for one of us, said non issue, and then said he should have done it...we're not defending him...

yes you are. trying to diminish the behavior of a punkass rookie with a sense of entitlement despite having NEVER PLAYED A DOWN OF PRO FOOTBALL by saying it's a "non issue" is 100% defending him you fucking homer.

monosylab1k
07-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Dude...wake the fuck up and learn to read..none of us are defending him..we're all saying he should have done it...

so is it an issue or not?

Goran Dragic
07-25-2010, 11:03 PM

:lmao you're writing multiple sentences trying to justify it and then saying, "but he should have done it," that's defending him.

Spursfan092120
07-25-2010, 11:05 PM
yes you are. trying to diminish the behavior of a punkass rookie with a sense of entitlement despite having NEVER PLAYED A DOWN OF PRO FOOTBALL by saying it's a "non issue" is 100% defending him you fucking homer.

damn right he will..and laugh while doing it. I hope this guy isn't a prima donna...last thing we need is a rookie T.O...just keep your mouth shut and catch the damn ball.
Yeah..I'm totally defending him...stfu...please learn to read.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-25-2010, 11:05 PM
If that was anyone but Roy I would have a problem with it but Screw Roy trying to haze the guy who is taking his job.

monosylab1k
07-25-2010, 11:06 PM
Yeah..I'm totally defending him...stfu...please learn to read.

is it an issue or not?

Roddy Beaubois

He should have just carried the bags imho. It shows a maturity issue not to.

monosylab1k
If that was anyone but Roy I would have a problem with it but Screw Roy trying to haze the guy who is taking his job.

Roy has done something Dez has never done - played a down of professional football. Fuck Dez Bryant for thinking he's accomplished anything.

Goran Dragic
non-issue

Non-issue

Roy has no business asking anyone to do anything for the shitty ass job he's done so far as a Cowboy.

This just shows what many thought all along. Dez and Roy dont like each other at all.

:lmao you guys aren't defending him at all

Goran Dragic
07-25-2010, 11:07 PM
is it an issue or not?

Spursfan092120
:lmao you're writing multiple sentences trying to justify it and then saying, "but he should have done it," that's defending him.
and you're pretending to be a second string, second rate PG...let's not compare here...I think he was wrong..period..already said it a couple of times in here.

Roddy Beaubois

yeah he probably did it in a smug way, but Dez is a freakin rookie. Suck it up and just carry the damn pads.

Goran Dragic
07-25-2010, 11:08 PM
and you're pretending to be a second string, second rate PG.

second rate PG that sprayed cum all over the AT&T center

lol trying to change the subject

Spursfan092120
My only post defending him was when someone said he had all of the drama of TO...to say that is just complete and utter bullshit. He made a mistake not carrying those pads, but to put him on cancer level already is crap.

Goran Dragic

Spursfan092120
07-25-2010, 11:09 PM
yeah he probably did it in a smug way, but Dez is a freakin rookie. Suck it up and just carry the damn pads.
agreed...Roy was probably a douche...but tradition is tradition.

Goran Dragic
07-25-2010, 11:10 PM
My only post defending him was when someone said he had all of the drama of TO...to say that is just complete and utter bullshit. He made a mistake not carrying those pads, but to put him on cancer level already is crap.

This was not in response to anyone and before anyone brought TO up:

Roddy Beaubois

:lmao yeah bro! didnt explain that at all!

tbh, my schtick is usually to be a huge homer. Thats why I run around acting like cp3 to the mavs is a done deal. I sometime forget that everyones pussy is extemely sensitive to anything cowboyfan say (not sure why, we haven't done anything in awhile) and people get upset.

monosylab1k

Whether it's his fault or not, he's been a shitstorm of controversy since his last year of college.

TO has had that same shitstorm of controversy as well, whether it's his fault or not.

The comparisons between Dez and TO are perfectly legit, the only difference being that TO actually accomplished something in the NFL before controversy fell on him.

Goran Dragic
07-25-2010, 11:11 PM
It's funny that Cowboyfan is saying "But Dez is still a rookie!!!" in this thread. Do you expect someone to act like a rookie when the fans and media anoint him the next Randy Moss before he's played a down of NFL football?

monosylab1k
07-25-2010, 11:12 PM
I sometime forget that everyones pussy is extemely sensitive to anything cowboyfan say

crofl pretending cowboyfan hasn't been the one pussyhurt when someone else informs them that they aren't the world's first 1 playoff win in 10+ years dynasty.

Roddy Beaubois

Goran Dragic
:lmao yeah bro! didnt explain that at all!

tbh, my schtick is usually to be a huge homer. Thats why I run around acting like cp3 to the mavs is a done deal. I sometime forget that everyones pussy is extemely sensitive to anything cowboyfan say (not sure why, we haven't done anything in awhile) and people get upset.

So you're saying it is an issue?

Roddy Beaubois
07-25-2010, 11:15 PM
So you're saying it is an issue?
nah its a good thing. Dez just showing that hes not gonna take no shit from no body.

:cry great fucking attitude.

SpursTillTheEnd
this is some dumb shit fuck roy williams ole shitty ass wr, let me break it down for yall gay ass mav fans this would be like eduardo najera tellin roddy bebuais to do something for him, you know he would be like who the fuck are you, roy williams need to get the fuck off this team, oh yea and fuck the texans

Goran Dragic
crofl pretending cowboyfan hasn't been the one pussyhurt when someone else informs them that they aren't the world's first 1 playoff win in 10+ years dynasty.
Similar to the Dolphins being the best 7-9 team in NFL history, the Cowboys last year were the best 1 playoff win team in NFL history.

Spursfan092120
07-25-2010, 11:16 PM
nah its a good thing. Dez just showing that hes not gonna take no shit from no body.

:toast

Roddy Beaubois
07-25-2010, 11:16 PM

tbh, when I act like a huge Mav homer, no one gives a shit. But when I do it for the cowboys, everyone goes fucking nuts.

Goran Dragic
07-25-2010, 11:17 PM

lol refusing to answer the question seriously

Roddy Beaubois
07-25-2010, 11:17 PM
just did brah

monosylab1k
07-25-2010, 11:18 PM
Similar to the Dolphins being the best 7-9 team in NFL history, the Cowboys last year were the best 1 playoff win team in NFL history.

better than the 0 playoff win Patriots. lol gay ass brady. lol curbstomped by the ravens. :cry they ran up the score on the Cowboys in 07. lol karma for running up the score on the cowboys in 07 :cry

Spursfan092120
07-25-2010, 11:18 PM
http://static.funnyjunk.com/gifs/tumblrks8ydwusis1qzs8se.gif

Spursfan092120
07-25-2010, 11:19 PM
tbh, anyone who thinks this is going to have any effect on the Cowboys season, which would make it an issue, is a fucking idiot.

Goran Dragic
07-25-2010, 11:19 PM
just did brah

OK then you seriously were defending him

lol proving my nigga Dr. Gonzo right

monosylab1k
07-25-2010, 11:20 PM
tbh, when I act like a huge Mav homer, no one gives a shit. But when I do it for the cowboys, everyone goes fucking nuts.

That's cuz Mavs fans typically are pretty pessimistic about the team. The fake homer talk there is expected.

Cowboys fans are notorious homers for real. See 90210 for living proof. When your fanbase has a pretty well known Super Bowl Or Bust attitude, of course that will be taken more seriously.

Goran Dragic
07-25-2010, 11:20 PM
tbh, anyone who thinks this is going to have any effect on the Cowboys season, which would make it an issue, is a fucking idiot.
:lmao you don't think a feud between Dez Bryant and Roy Williams will have an effect on the Cowboys season?

monosylab1k
07-25-2010, 11:21 PM

so you're defending him.

monosylab1k
07-25-2010, 11:22 PM
:lmao you don't think a feud between Dez Bryant and Roy Williams will have an effect on the Cowboys season?

The sad thing is that Kevin Ogletree is better than both of them and will be the starting WR opposite Miles Austin before the season is over.

This is two shitty backups having a pissing match while people still think they're relevant :lol

Goran Dragic
07-25-2010, 11:23 PM
so you're defending him.

He forget to add the qualifier "but he should have done it" at the end of an opinion defending Bryant to that post so he might actually be defending him there.

Roddy Beaubois
07-25-2010, 11:25 PM
OK then you seriously were defending him

Ive sayed what i actually think in this thead

Goran Dragic
07-25-2010, 11:26 PM
Ive sayed what i actually think in this thead

OK so then Dr. Gonzo was right

Roddy Beaubois
07-25-2010, 11:26 PM
tbh, some people wouldn't be happy unless all cowboys fans busted in this thread screaming "DA FUUUUCKKKK!??! HE DIDNT CARRY TEH BAGS!!!!! OUR SEASON IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Greg Oden
07-25-2010, 11:27 PM
The Cowboys are all big poopy heads.

monosylab1k
07-25-2010, 11:27 PM
better than hearing "SUPER BOWL!!!!!" every season and "Can we go 16-0? I really think we can" ever year after a 2-0 start.

Roddy Beaubois
07-25-2010, 11:29 PM
better than hearing "SUPER BOWL!!!!!" every season and "Can we go 16-0? I really think we can" ever year after a 2-0 start.

Colt fans?

Goran Dragic
07-25-2010, 11:29 PM
tbh, some people wouldn't be happy unless all cowboys fans busted in this thread screaming "DA FUUUUCKKKK!??! HE DIDNT CARRY TEH BAGS!!!!! OUR SEASON IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

He did something that was not justifiable in the slightest. If lazy fuck Ben Watson was still on the Patriots, I wouldn't even defend Rob Gronkowski (someone I've met personally) refusing to carry his bags. Rookies need to pay their dues regardless of the situation.

Roddy Beaubois
07-25-2010, 11:31 PM
He did something that was not justifiable in the slightest. If lazy fuck Ben Watson was still on the Patriots, I wouldn't even defend Rob Gronkowski (someone I've met personally) refusing to carry his bags. Rookies need to pay their dues regardless of the situation.

:wow nice take. I never even thought of this tbh :tu

monosylab1k
Colt fans?

crofl Colts fans aren't 1/10th as retarded as homer Cowboy fans.

Roddy Beaubois

monosylab1k
07-25-2010, 11:32 PM

you mean you'd never even consider the words "non-issue" before saying Rob was wrong?

Goran Dragic
07-25-2010, 11:32 PM
If saying "Yeah but Roy probably did it in a smug way" isn't defending what Bryant did, idk what is.

monosylab1k
07-25-2010, 11:33 PM
plus tbh every Colts fan knows their team won't ever go 16-0 because in Colt fan world, tanking games = guaranteed SB win :tu

Goran Dragic
07-25-2010, 11:34 PM
you mean you'd never even consider the words "non-issue" before saying Rob was wrong?

It's kinda a stupid hypothetical since Gronk of all people wouldn't ever do that, but yeah I wouldn't call it a non-issue :lol

Two players at the same position feuding is anything but a non issue.

Greg Oden
plus tbh every Colts fan knows their team won't ever go 16-0 because in Colt fan world, tanking games = guaranteed SB win :tu

tbh, we all know the key to perfect seasons is to disable helmet catches before kick off.

Roddy Beaubois
If saying "Yeah but Roy probably did it in a smug way" isn't defending what Bryant did, idk what is.

tbh I just don't like Roy. Every interview I see of him makes me want to punch him in the face, and being a longhorn doesn't help him.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
07-25-2010, 11:35 PM
Yeah, this is all on Dez.

Stupid shit like Dez pulled is usually the start of animosity and bickering within the club house.

monosylab1k
07-25-2010, 11:36 PM
tbh, we all know the key to perfect seasons is to disable helmet catches before kick off.

the key to guaranteed SB wins is tanking late in seasons. never fails tbh

Greg Oden
07-25-2010, 11:38 PM
the key to guaranteed SB wins is tanking late in seasons. never fails tbh

I prefer the method of putting a midget 1 on 1 with a monster red zone threat better, imho.

Greg Oden
07-25-2010, 11:38 PM
lol cowboys

Goran Dragic
07-25-2010, 11:41 PM
I prefer the method of putting a midget 1 on 1 with a monster red zone threat better, imho.

You won't see any Patriots fan defending that decision. I said before the game that if the Patriots lose, it will be largely due to a play where Hobbs was matched up with Burress, once I saw Manning throw that lob pass I knew exactly who it was to.

monosylab1k
07-25-2010, 11:43 PM

I prefer the part where one coach pulls out all the stops to win the game, like onside kicks, while the other coach just stands around with Art Shell face as the QB coaches the team.

Spursfan092120
07-25-2010, 11:45 PM
he should have done it...it's tradition...

He shoulda just done it

Suck it up and just carry the damn pads.
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/funny-pictures-beaver-cant-hear-you.jpg

Greg Oden
07-25-2010, 11:49 PM
I prefer the part where one coach pulls out all the stops to win the game, like onside kicks, while the other coach just stands around with Art Shell face as the QB coaches the team.

On second thought, I'd rather go with making sure a gang of fatass d linemen can't tackle the qb while already having him wrapped up, IMHO.

Dr. Gonzo
07-25-2010, 11:50 PM

Goran Dragic
07-25-2010, 11:50 PM
On second thought, I'd rather go with making sure a gang of fatass d linemen can't tackle the qb while already having him wrapped up, IMHO.

You can thank bullshit unnecessary roughness/roughing the passer penalties refs call these days for that

Dr. Gonzo
07-25-2010, 11:52 PM
Dez was a dumbass in college and didn't play a majority of the season because of his shenanigans and he is bringing said shenanigans to a team that loves shenanigans.

monosylab1k
07-25-2010, 11:54 PM

tbh I'd rather go with supposed All Pro WR's not being able to run a routine route properly and supposed GOAT quarterbacks not even looking and throwing the ball right into Tracy Porter's hands.

Dr. Gonzo
07-25-2010, 11:55 PM
Dez made a great decision, the Cowboys are going 19-0 this year, and Dez will be the best rookie of all time

90210 agrees

monosylab1k
07-25-2010, 11:56 PM
90210 agrees

unfortunately 90210 actually believes it :lol

BUMP
07-26-2010, 12:03 AM
As a Cowboys fan I can say that it's definitely an issue. I'm sure they will grow to hate each other. Is that good or bad? Depends. Some teams play better off it, some teams don't. As long as they cooperate during games i don't care if they're friends or not off the field

Dr. Gonzo
07-26-2010, 12:07 AM
I would put money on Roy being gone by week 6 anyway so I really believe it's not an issue between the two of them. However, it reflects really poorly on him and just shows that he has more ability to be a cancer than to be a superstar WR.

Spursfan092120
07-26-2010, 12:09 AM
90210 agrees

unfortunately 90210 actually believes it :lol
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hURr41XQAMo/SChfBwRLP6I/AAAAAAAAAhM/y6hhwek1FVQ/s400/retard.jpg

Greg Oden
07-26-2010, 12:11 AM
tbh I'd rather go with supposed All Pro WR's not being able to run a routine route properly and supposed GOAT quarterbacks not even looking and throwing the ball right into Tracy Porter's hands.

tbh I'd rather go with the LMAO CHEATriots and LMAO BelliCHEAT theory.

BUMP
07-26-2010, 12:13 AM
I think he's got the right attitude but is going about it the wrong way

Spursfan092120
07-26-2010, 12:14 AM
I think he's got the right attitude but is going about it the wrong way
:tu

crc21209
07-26-2010, 12:33 AM
Dez should make Roy Williams carry his pads...:lol

badfish22
07-26-2010, 01:02 AM
tbh on an espndallas poll, 70% of cowboy fans voted that Dez should have carried the pads.

badfish22
07-26-2010, 01:14 AM
Heres Dez talking about it: http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia/multimedia_center.cfm?id=0C9F2A74-E00D-E1FA-A3E6F28693417F2C

Dr House
07-26-2010, 01:27 AM
Oh man, how does SpursNation react to this one?

All this does is even FURTHER cement Kobe's legacy

Goran Dragic
07-26-2010, 01:34 AM

:lmao 9/10, well done BUMP

SpursTillTheEnd
07-26-2010, 01:44 AM
haha just seen that video dez is mad as fuck i wanna see what he will do if they do that shit to his credit card hes gonna fuck up roy

My Fault
07-26-2010, 01:52 AM
All about winning championships :tu

J.T.
07-26-2010, 04:12 AM
Dez comes off like a little bastard and honestly the veterans on that team need to step up and put his stuck up bitch ass on blast. Bring him down Mean Girls style. I'm talking like put some child porn on his iphone and let the press find out about it.

CubanSucks
07-26-2010, 05:21 AM
I'm not about to read the first 5 pages but this pisses me off and I don't even care about the Cowboys. "I was drafted to catch passes, not carry pads" :rolleyes I wish there were a smily that expressed the sound Ugh!

samikeyp
07-26-2010, 07:22 AM
Dez comes off like a little bastard and honestly the veterans on that team need to step up and put his stuck up bitch ass on blast. Bring him down Mean Girls style. I'm talking like put some child porn on his iphone and let the press find out about it.

I agree but not child porn because then he's gone.....just some good quality porn like Anal Bitches 7 or Black Dicks/White Chicks. :tu

samikeyp
07-26-2010, 07:31 AM
If the whole "I was drafted to catch passes, not carry pads" is Bryant's way of saying that he wants to work hard and be successful, that is great but he is coming off like a whiny rookie who thinks he is better than others. Personally, I think its a case of a young guy trying to adjust from being the man in college to being a rookie in the pros. So far, not so good. Is it something that will wreck a season, no. If it did, then there are other problems present that run far deeper. Still....kid needs to just, as I mentioned earlier, smile and carry the pads, or get the donuts or whatever rookies have to do. Get through it and stop being a douche.

bigzak25
07-26-2010, 08:34 AM
You lead by serving. I don't doubt that Bryant will be a real player for the Cowboys, but if he isn't reeled in a bit by a veteran with clout, then he will get lost in his ego. Everyone will sing his praises for his play on the field, but watch out come contract time if he does not grow up a bit.

The good news is...he's a rookie. Plenty of time to learn if he is willing.

But he is coming off as a mercenary in the making. He needs to learn that winning is about being the best team, not the best collection of individual talents.

Nathan Explosion
07-26-2010, 11:53 AM
The only reason it's an issue is because it's the Dallas Cowboys. This story is just another example of why the Boys are America's team. If this happens on any other team, is it even a story?

But it happens to the Cowboys and it leads the front page of NFL.com.

Everyone either loves the Cowboys or hates them, but EVERYONE talks about them. That's why they're the glamor franchise, like the Yankees and Lakers in their respective leagues.

Nathan Explosion
07-26-2010, 11:55 AM
You lead by serving. I don't doubt that Bryant will be a real player for the Cowboys, but if he isn't reeled in a bit by a veteran with clout, then he will get lost in his ego. Everyone will sing his praises for his play on the field, but watch out come contract time if he does not grow up a bit.

The good news is...he's a rookie. Plenty of time to learn if he is willing.

But he is coming off as a mercenary in the making. He needs to learn that winning is about being the best team, not the best collection of individual talents.

Since it's an offensive player, maybe Witten should go up to him and tell Bryant, "Here, carry my pads." If Dez doesn't do it, as one of the captains of the team, I'm sure Witten will make sure he does what he's told.

Goran Dragic
07-26-2010, 11:55 AM
The only reason it's an issue is because it's the Dallas Cowboys.
We have no way of knowing that. The Cowboys are the only team in the league with an owner who would ever pamper and crown a rookie enough to the point where he feels he doesn't have to carry bags.

badfish22
07-26-2010, 12:51 PM
We have no way of knowing that. The Cowboys are the only team in the league with an owner who would ever pamper and crown a rookie enough to the point where he feels he doesn't have to carry bags.

:rolleyes

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 12:51 PM

It worked so well with David LaFleur and Quincy Carter that Jerry decided to go for the trifecta.

Greg Oden
07-26-2010, 01:14 PM
The only reason it's an issue is because it's the Dallas Cowboys. This story is just another example of why the Boys are America's team. If this happens on any other team, is it even a story?

Everyone either loves the Cowboys or hates them, but EVERYONE talks about them. That's why they're the glamor franchise, like the Yankees and Lakers in their respective leagues.

You suck.

IceColdBrewski
07-26-2010, 01:41 PM
Yeah those pre-draft reports of Dez being a Diva were clearly way off.

Blake
07-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Crabtree would have carried the pads

Pistons < Spurs
07-26-2010, 01:50 PM
AaronRodgers12

I'd tell him he needs to pay his dues n fall in line

Every rookie gets hazed. There should be a rite of passage.

Picking up some dinner bills, having a few pranks pulled on u n, doing some odd jobs for the vets is a small price to pay to gain respect

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-26-2010, 02:02 PM

samikeyp
07-26-2010, 02:06 PM

Im pretty sure that any first round pick who said that would get blown up about it, and should. Bryant doesn't have to like it but making comments like this only makes it more of a problem. Dude needs to shut it and just take the hazing.

Or..maybe..he is just doing it to keep himself relevant. ;)

:lol

spursncowboys
07-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Like Jim Rome said: If future HOF'ers did it (J. RIce, M. Irvin, C. Carter) who is he to think he doesn't.

J.T.
07-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Like Jim Rome said: If future HOF'ers did it (J. RIce, M. Irvin, C. Carter) who is he to think he doesn't.

Exactly. Dez is about to find some dead hookers in his trunk if he doesn't start carrying some mother fucking pads.

The Gemini Method
07-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Exactly. Dez is about to find some dead hookers in his trunk if he doesn't start carrying some mother fucking pads.

lol

SpursTillTheEnd
07-26-2010, 04:42 PM
yall mutherfuckers are lame so yall are telling me yall would carry roy williams pads hell no if it was barber then i would say something but its fucking roy williams

badfish22
07-26-2010, 05:06 PM

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-26-2010, 05:55 PM

:lol

Pistons < Spurs
07-26-2010, 06:19 PM
Wade Phillips, Roy Williams say carrying pads is non-issue

For ten straight minutes, Wade Phillips answered questions about Dez Bryant not carrying Roy Williams' pads yesterday. The look on his face went from bemused to exasperated by the end before a Cowboys staffer mercifully ended the mostly pointless proceedings.

"It's a non-issue," Phillips said. "Not a problem with either of them or our football team."

Phillips was told at some point that the story led a newscast in Toronto, but he didn't know what the fuss was about. Phillips also defended Bryant's right to do as he pleased.

"We don't haze. That's it," Phillips said. "I didnt like it when I was in college. We treat our men like men. As far as certain traditions that go -- if you want to participate in it or you don't, that's your preogorative. . . . Anytime you make someone uncomfortable, that is [going] too far."

For those scoring at home, Bryant didn't carry Williams' pads off the field on Monday. Williams says it isn't a big deal, according to Todd Archer of the Dallas Morning News.

Phillips pointed out that Bryant wouldn't be the first rookie to do his own thing.

"Flozell [Adams] didnt do one thing. You don't have to," Phillips said. "I dont think they ostracized Flozell. He was too big and too good."http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/26/wade-phillips-roy-williams-say-carrying-pads-is-non-issue/

Goran Dragic
07-26-2010, 06:24 PM
:lmao wow, changing tradition because poor widdle Dez got his feewings hurt when big bad Woy asked Dez to cawy his heavy twechewous pads.

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Nobody's gonna mess with Jerry's shiny new toy. I can guaran-damn-tee you that Jerry said "lay off Dez and don't make him do any of that shit" and lap dog Wade relayed that message.

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 06:34 PM
:lmao wow, changing tradition because poor widdle Dez got his feewings hurt when big bad Woy asked Dez to cawy his heavy twechewous pads.

:cry he just wants to win. great fuckin winner

Goran Dragic
07-26-2010, 06:36 PM
:cry he just wants to win. great fuckin winner

mean fuckin veterans :cry

BUMP
07-26-2010, 06:43 PM

Sounds like RW is the one who got butthurt by the rookie.

We just need a koriwhat response from him, tbh

Spursfan092120
07-26-2010, 06:48 PM
The only people who seem to be really disturbed by this is butthurt Cowboys haters. Roy said today that it was no big deal..that he was glad he wanted to focus on football, and when they go out to eat, Roy was going to be extra hungry...they both laughed it off...yes, it was wrong..he should have carried the pads. Is it an issue? No...these guys have a goal..something stupid like this won't derail it.

BUMP
07-26-2010, 06:52 PM
The only people who seem to be really disturbed by this is butthurt Cowboys haters. Roy said today that it was no big deal..that he was glad he wanted to focus on football, and when they go out to eat, Roy was going to be extra hungry...they both laughed it off...yes, it was wrong..he should have carried the pads. Is it an issue? No...these guys have a goal..something stupid like this won't derail it.

tbh, if there's anybody that should be ashamed its Roy.

He pretty much said "Hey rook here are my pads"

Dez "Fuck you scrub, carry your own pads"

Roy ":("

If Roy doesn't do anything back, then he just got punk'd by a rookie. All there is to it.

Spursfan092120
07-26-2010, 06:53 PM
He pretty much said "Hey rook here are my pads"

Dez "Fuck you scrub, carry your own pads"

Roy ":("
:lmao:lmao

BUMP
07-26-2010, 06:56 PM
:lmao:lmao

I know its tradition, but the players have to force the tradition. If Dez says no, then RW has to respond or he's the bitch.

I do expect the vets to gang up on him and do something though:lol

Spursfan092120
07-26-2010, 06:57 PM
I know its tradition, but the players have to force the tradition. If Dez says no, then RW has to respond or he's the bitch.

I do expect the vets to gang up on him and do something though:lol
Oh yeah..supposedly he's paying for dinner one night..they're gonna eat some Ruth's Criss..and tear that menu apart.

jack sommerset
07-26-2010, 07:05 PM
I bet Dez would have carried T.O's pads.

SpursTillTheEnd
07-26-2010, 07:13 PM
peep this exactly how i feel

Kat260PbESw

Goran Dragic
07-26-2010, 07:15 PM

I'm not bothered by it I find it hilarious that Cowboyfan is defending the fact their owner is willing to get rid of a tradition and let a rookie control the locker room.

BUMP
07-26-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm not bothered by it I find it hilarious that Cowboyfan is defending the fact their owner is willing to get rid of a tradition and let a rookie control the locker room.

:lol When did Jerry Jones come into play?

This is all on Roy, he got punk'd by a rookie. Either Roy gets him back, or he will just be Dez's bitch

Spursfan092120
07-26-2010, 07:18 PM
lol this stupid ass statement....so many things ignorant about this, I don't know where to begin.

Greg Oden
07-26-2010, 07:28 PM
lol this stupid ass statement....so many things ignorant about this, I don't know where to begin.

oh no once again none of this shit matters... it's humorous that yall think this shit is so serious and that anyone outside of ST gives a fuck. are you really that serious about this shit? fuckin' hilarious!

Goran Dragic
07-26-2010, 07:46 PM

You have frontal lobe damage if you don't think Jerry Jones made sure everyone was nice to baby Dez once he heard about this.

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 07:48 PM

The day he anointed Dez as the messiah and forced Irvin/Pearson's number on him.

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 07:49 PM
You're either retarded or a huge Cowboys homer if you think Jerry isn't doing everything in his power to protect Dez from the big bad veterans. I guarantee you word from above came down on Roy Williams, which is why he's backed off on this so much.

Spursfan092120
07-26-2010, 07:52 PM
oh no once again none of this shit matters... it's humorous that yall think this shit is so serious and that anyone outside of ST gives a fuck. are you really that serious about this shit? fuckin' hilarious!
lol..you're out of your fucking mind, dude...a Cowboys fan didn't start this thread for one...and the Cowboys fans in here are all the ones saying this is a non-issue...

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 07:52 PM
lol..you're out of your fucking mind, dude...a Cowboys fan didn't start this thread for one...and the Cowboys fans in here are all the ones saying this is a non-issue...

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 07:53 PM
if this guy isn't the perfect incarnation of a skinny TPark, I don't know who is.

badfish22
07-26-2010, 07:56 PM
The day he anointed Dez as the messiah and forced Irvin/Pearson's number on him.
When did he anoint Dez the messiah?

And lol at forcing Irvin/Pearson number on him. That whole thing is overblown. Antonio Bryant had that number too.

Spursfan092120
07-26-2010, 07:56 PM
if this guy isn't the perfect incarnation of a skinny TPark, I don't know who is.
aww..cute..you guys have your own little clique...good for you. Bottom line, he had a dumbass statement, saying that the Cowboys fans are the ones making a big deal about this, pretending people care..and it's the Cowboys haters that have been the ones talking shit...this is nothing...nobody gives a shit about it except for you guys...lol...hilarious to me, tbh

badfish22
07-26-2010, 07:57 PM
aww..cute..you guys have your own little clique...good for you. Bottom line, he had a dumbass statement, saying that the Cowboys fans are the ones making a big deal about this, pretending people care..and it's the Cowboys haters that have been the ones talking shit...this is nothing...nobody gives a shit about it except for you guys...lol...hilarious to me, tbh

*sigh* your digging yourself in deeper. Go read what Oden said :lol

BUMP
07-26-2010, 07:58 PM
You have frontal lobe damage if you don't think Jerry Jones made sure everyone was nice to baby Dez once he heard about this.

Even if that retarded shit happened to be true, Jerry's not the one who said "Fuck off Roy, carry your own pads" Roy got punk'd plain and simple.

If you can find me a link with Jerry Jones even mentioned in this, then I'll start taking you seriously

LoneStarState'sPride
07-26-2010, 08:06 PM
Jeez, y'all Cowboy hater will latch on to anything. ANYTHING. Shoot, I'm still focusing on NASCAR and they're worrying about Cowboys' camp weeks before the season even starts. America's Team, indeed. Many times over lol.

badfish22
07-26-2010, 08:12 PM
"If he doesn't want to take the pads, he doesn't have to take the pads," Williams said. "It's not a big deal. We'll just move on.
"We talked about it. He wants to concentrate on football. We're going to let him concentrate on football. But, when we go out to eat, I'm gonna be a little bit more hungry and a little bit more thirsty."

"We'll take care of that in-house," said tight end Jason Witten (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=4527), one of the team's captains. "We'll take care of it. Rest assured, everything will be squared away."

BUMP
07-26-2010, 08:14 PM
"If he doesn't want to take the pads, he doesn't have to take the pads," Williams said. "It's not a big deal. We'll just move on.
"We talked about it. He wants to concentrate on football. We're going to let him concentrate on football. But, when we go out to eat, I'm gonna be a little bit more hungry and a little bit more thirsty."

"We'll take care of that in-house," said tight end Jason Witten (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=4527), one of the team's captains. "We'll take care of it. Rest assured, everything will be squared away."

Jerry Jones ordered them to say that!

I have proof here.......wait no i don't. You're retarded if you disagree!!

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 08:33 PM
so suddenly Jerry Jones isn't a meddling owner who coddles his pet players?

BUMP
07-26-2010, 08:39 PM

If anybody can find me a link where he said anything about defending Dez I'll shut up and admit defeat.

Spursfan092120
07-26-2010, 08:41 PM
This is tradition..it happens every year. You don't think Jerry has had rookies that he liked before? So why do you think Jerry's going to stop it now when he never has before. This isn't about Jerry. This is about a football player that believes he's paid to play football...sure..he should have carried the pads..but he didn't. Nobody, including Roy, gives a shit that he didn't carry the pads. So why do you?

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 08:43 PM
That whole thing is overblown.

Funny how everything Dez related has been overblown.

They said the same thing about another Cowboys WR a couple years ago, right before that team completely imploded.

BUMP
07-26-2010, 08:44 PM

Sounds to me like this hasn't always been a strict tradition to follow anyway.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/26/wade-phillips-roy-williams-say-carrying-pads-is-non-issue/

"We don't haze. That's it," Phillips said. "I didnt like it when I was in college. We treat our men like men. As far as certain traditions that go -- if you want to participate in it or you don't, that's your preogorative. . . . Anytime you make someone uncomfortable, that is [going] too far."

"Flozell [Adams] didnt do one thing. You don't have to," Phillips said. "I dont think they ostracized Flozell. He was too big and too good."

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Nobody, including Roy, gives a shit that he didn't carry the pads.

yeah that's why this story has been all over ESPN today and everybody is saying Dez is wrong. Because nobody gives a shit.

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 08:45 PM

Sounds to me like this hasn't always been a strict tradition to follow anyway.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/26/wade-phillips-roy-williams-say-carrying-pads-is-non-issue/

Yeah like Wade's going to come out and put Jerry's shiny new toy on blast in front of the media.

badfish22
07-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Funny how everything Dez related has been overblown.

They said the same thing about another Cowboys WR a couple years ago, right before that team completely imploded.

way to take half of what I wrote bro :tu

I assume you were screaming about Jerry forcing 88 on all the other players that had it to.

Spursfan092120
07-26-2010, 08:50 PM
yeah that's why this story has been all over ESPN today and everybody is saying Dez is wrong. Because nobody gives a shit.
Yes..because ESPN decides what's going to be an issue in the locker room...that makes sense..because ESPN is suiting up and going out on the field. ESPN is the guy leading the team...oh..speaking of leaders...didya hear what Bradie James said about it?

"It's nothing. I mean, you guys have got to talk about it, so you guys talk about it. For us, it's nothing. Think about it -- it's nothing. It just so happened to be Dez Bryant."

BUMP
07-26-2010, 08:52 PM

Yeah like Wade's going to come out and put Jerry's shiny new toy on blast in front of the media.

He just said Flozell didn't do it either:lol

Coaches don't come up with it, the players do. Some rookies do it, some don't. No "longstanding tradition" was changed unless you think Jerry ordered Wade to make up the story about Flozell too (which I wouldn't be surprised if you did)

Spursfan092120
07-26-2010, 08:53 PM
ESPN thinks it's such a major issue that they have the Cowboys ranked #4 in the power rankings to start the season...wow...they must really think this is going to affect this team. Truth is, it's the Cowboys, there's not enough news in the NFL, therefore it's going to be a story.

4>0rings
07-26-2010, 08:55 PM
You're fucking rookie and all the greats before you did the same. So STFU and carry his bags, hold his sack if he wants you too.

Your team is more important than your ego.

You could of been 'in' with the team, now no ones going to trust your stupid monkey ass other than mr plastic face himself.

If you ain't getting 2,500 yards this season GTFO my team.

BUMP
07-26-2010, 09:01 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

So now we're gonna compare the greatest cancer in football history to a rookie that has just shown up to his first training camp.

Awesome :tu

Spursfan092120
07-26-2010, 09:02 PM
You're fucking rookie and all the greats before you did the same. So STFU and carry his bags, hold his sack if he wants you too.

Your team is more important than your ego.

You could of been 'in' with the team, now no ones going to trust your stupid monkey ass other than mr plastic face himself.

If you ain't getting 2,500 yards this season GTFO my team.
you're overblowing this more than the haters...yes...he should have carried them..but to say "all the greats before you did the same" is wrong..not everyone did it. And comparing team to ego? What do you think is behind hazing anyway? Explain how hazing helps the team? It's about the ego of the veterans. And if you've seen the way this guy catches, I guarantee you Romo is going to trust this guy whether he carries someone's pads or not.

Goran Dragic
07-26-2010, 09:04 PM
If you can find me a link with Jerry Jones even mentioned in this, then I'll start taking you seriously

Wade Phillips mentioned it, and since 99% of what Phillips says to the media is stuff passed down to him by Jones, I think it's safe to assume Jones mentioned it.

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 09:04 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

So now we're gonna compare the greatest cancer in football history to a rookie that has just shown up to his first training camp.

Awesome :tu

find a story about T.O. not carrying pads as a rookie.

T.O. had the common courtesy of actually accomplishing something in the NFL before being a big prima donna.

and answer truthfully, wasn't the term "non-issue" the most used word of the 2008 season?

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Wade Phillips mentioned it, and since 99% of what Phillips says to the media is stuff passed down to him by Jones, I think it's safe to assume Jones mentioned it.

tbh saying only 99% is being really nice to lap dog Wade.

Spursfan092120
07-26-2010, 09:06 PM
so I guess Roy, Bradie James, and Jason Witten are lapdogs for Jones too? Because all of them said it was a non-issue as well.

Goran Dragic
07-26-2010, 09:07 PM
tbh saying only 99% is being really nice to lap dog Wade.

It's funny how much Cowboyfan hated Wade Phillips calling him a puppet lap dog, but since he happened to be coach when the Cowboys won their playoff victory superbowl Cowboyfan now blindly defends him.

BUMP
07-26-2010, 09:07 PM
find a story about T.O. not carrying pads as a rookie.

Why? When I can find many stories of shit that he's done that's a lot worse. Has Dez Bryant wrecked three teams in his NFL career like TO has?

Goran Dragic
07-26-2010, 09:08 PM
so I guess Roy, Bradie James, and Jason Witten are lapdogs for Jones too? Because all of them said it was a non-issue as well.

No, they're players who are smart enough to say the right things to the media to avoid sparking controversy. Dez Bryant however is a different story.

monosylab1k

It was anything but a non-issue yesterday for Roy. Today it's magically a non-issue and you're naive enough to think that Roy didn't have a chat with Jerruh last night?

Bradie James will suck cock if it means he gets on the field. He's a company man if there ever was one.

Jason Witten didn't say it was a non-issue, he said it would be handled in house, meaning he wasn't gonna put Jerry's shiny new toy on blast in front of the media.

BUMP
It's funny how much Cowboyfan hated Wade Phillips calling him a puppet lap dog, but since he happened to be coach when the Cowboys won their playoff victory superbowl Cowboyfan now blindly defends him.

So now I'm defending Wade? How many more words are you gonna put in my mouth?

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 09:09 PM
Why? When I can find many stories of shit that he's done that's a lot worse. Has Dez Bryant wrecked three teams in his NFL career like TO has?

Dez would need to have an NFL career first, which is the entire fucking problem.

BUMP
07-26-2010, 09:09 PM
Dez would need to have an NFL career first.

Exactly. So why are we even comparing the two?

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 09:10 PM
and answer my question - wasn't everything TO was saying/doing in 2008 also being called a "non-issue" by the Cowboys?

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Exactly. So why are we even comparing the two?

BECAUSE DEZ IS ACTING LIKE THIS BEFORE EVEN PROVING HIMSELF ON THE FIELD.

TERRELL OWENS BEING A CANCER IS AT LEAST PARTIALLY ACCEPTABLE BECAUSE HE PRODUCED ON THE FIELD AND PAID HIS DUES BEFORE HE STARTED ACTING LIKE A DOUCHE.

Jesus Fucking Christ is it really that hard to comprehend?

Goran Dragic
So now I'm defending Wade? How many more words are you gonna put in my mouth?

You're implying Wade Phillips is actually something more than Jerry Jones' puppet who formulates his own responses to media speculation, that's defending him considering we all know Wade Phillips only has a job because he'll agree to everything Jones wants.

Spursfan092120
It was anything but a non-issue yesterday for Roy. Today it's magically a non-issue and you're naive enough to think that Roy didn't have a chat with Jerruh last night?

Bradie James will suck cock if it means he gets on the field. He's a company man if there ever was one.

Jason Witten didn't say it was a non-issue, he said it would be handled in house, meaning he wasn't gonna put Jerry's shiny new toy on blast in front of the media.
Yeah...looks like it was all about Roy being pissed off..it had nothing to do with media at all..especially after what Roy said on Saturday after it happened..

"Controversy is what everybody loves, try to pin him against me, me against him, and it's not going to work," Williams said Saturday.

BUMP
07-26-2010, 09:12 PM
BECAUSE DEZ IS ACTING LIKE THIS BEFORE EVEN PROVING HIMSELF ON THE FIELD.

TERRELL OWENS BEING A CANCER IS AT LEAST PARTIALLY ACCEPTABLE BECAUSE HE PRODUCED ON THE FIELD AND PAID HIS DUES BEFORE HE STARTED ACTING LIKE A DOUCHE.

Jesus Fucking Christ is it really that hard to comprehend?

Dez would need to have an NFL career first, which is the entire fucking problem.

Pick a lane

Goran Dragic
07-26-2010, 09:13 PM
"Controversy is what everybody loves, try to pin him against me, me against him, and it's not going to work," Williams said Saturday.

Was this like how the media was just trying to pin Terrell Owens and Tony Romo against each other when they supposedly got along great?

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 09:13 PM
You're implying Wade Phillips is actually something more than Jerry Jones' puppet who formulates his own responses to media speculation, that's defending him considering we all know Wade Phillips only has a job because he'll agree to everything Jones wants.

The funniest thing about Wade is that when he's asked something he's not allowed to talk about, something Jerry has obviously forbidden him to speak about to the media, his response is always "I have no knowledge of the situation" which makes him look even more retarded because HE'S THE COACH OF THE TEAM HE SHOULD KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON :lmao

samikeyp
07-26-2010, 09:14 PM

I can't speak for "cowboyfan" but as just one Cowboy fan...I still don't like Wade as a HC.

As far as what Jerry may or may have not said....I doubt he said anything..and if he did it was to Wade and to tell him to handle it. Jerry wants the SB so bad since its in his house and IMO, he is not even going to let the high priced rookie screw that up. I am guessing Witten took it upon himself to handle it. I am hoping he told Dez "kid, let's take care of this before the defense does" :)

Then again...its Roy Williams and the way he hasn't been producing for JJ, he might just have told the kid "aww hell, don't listen to Williams...he ain't done shit for me" :lol

What is funny is for a "non-issue"...we are on the 8th page. Just sayin' ;)

Spursfan092120
07-26-2010, 09:14 PM
Was this like how the media was just trying to pin Terrell Owens and Tony Romo against each other when they supposedly got along great?
:lmao love how you guys really think you know shit about what goes on in NFL locker rooms...

samikeyp
07-26-2010, 09:15 PM
The funniest thing about Wade is that when he's asked something he's not allowed to talk about, something Jerry has obviously forbidden him to speak about to the media, his response is always "I have no knowledge of the situation" which makes him look even more retarded because HE'S THE COACH OF THE TEAM HE SHOULD KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON :lmao

he probably knows...but probably has to clear what he says with Jerrah.

Dr. Gonzo
07-26-2010, 09:15 PM
The reason this is being brought up is because of his previous history of doing stupid shit to fuck over a team. It looks like the stupidity that caused him to miss most of his last year of college is going to carry over to the NFL.

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 09:16 PM
he probably knows...but probably has to clear what he says with Jerrah.

Yeah that was my point. His canned response of "I don't know" basically means "Jerry told me not to talk about this".

Dr. Gonzo
:lmao love how you guys really think you know shit about what goes on in NFL locker rooms...

And you do?

samikeyp
The reason this is being brought up is because of his previous history of doing stupid shit to fuck over a team. It looks like the stupidity that caused him to miss most of his last year of college is going to carry over to the NFL.

+1

Add to the fact that because of that rep, he was a highly talked about draft pick who went to a team who loves the attention and who gets that attention..it makes for a story.

Spursfan092120
07-26-2010, 09:17 PM
he's gonna go to Deion's house again?

BUMP
And you do?

None of us do, we either take their word or we can make up ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Goran Dragic
I can't speak for "cowboyfan" but as just one Cowboy fan...I still don't like Wade as a HC.

As far as what Jerry may or may have not said....I doubt he said anything..and if he did it was to Wade and to tell him to handle it. Jerry wants the SB so bad since its in his house and IMO, he is not even going to let the high priced rookie screw that up. I am guessing Witten took it upon himself to handle it. I am hoping he told Dez "kid, let's take care of this before the defense does" :)

Then again...its Roy Williams and the way he hasn't been producing for JJ, he might just have told the kid "aww hell, don't listen to Williams...he ain't done shit for me" :lol

What is funny is for a "non-issue"...we are on the 8th page. Just sayin' ;)

Jerry Jones wanted a superbowl just as bad in 2008 and he willingly let T.O. screw it up. Wanting a superbowl and knowing how to win a superbowl are two different things, if Jones wanted a superbowl AND knew what was best to win one, he'd back off and hire a coach instead of a puppet.

Dr. Gonzo
07-26-2010, 09:18 PM
he's gonna go to Deion's house again?

No but he is already doing things that are causing a distraction to the team and over time I'm sure the things he does, based on his history and character, will only get worse and cause more problems for a team that lacks leadership from above.

Goran Dragic
07-26-2010, 09:18 PM

So you're saying Romo and T.O. did get along really well?

Goran Dragic
07-26-2010, 09:20 PM
None of us do, we either take their word or we can make up ridiculous conspiracy theories.
Yeah, thinking T.O. and Romo hated each other regardless of the media is a nutty conspiracy theory. They like each other so much they're still playing together.

samikeyp
Jerry Jones wanted a superbowl just as bad in 2008 and he willingly let T.O. screw it up. Wanting a superbowl and knowing how to win a superbowl are two different things, if Jones wanted a superbowl AND knew what was best to win one, he'd back off and hire a coach instead of a puppet.

Absolutely...he wants to win one every year but IMO even more so this year because its in his building.

And another reason why I don't like Wade as an HC.

monosylab1k
Just wait till we're a few weeks into the season. If the Cowboys are struggling and Dez is off to a poor start, every fucking Cowboyfan sheep in here will be bitching about him not carrying pads.

Dr. Gonzo

Exactly, and based on the fact presented and the way everything played out it is safe to assume that the TO-Romo shit was true. It was never a fabricated incident that was simply played up by ESPN.

Spursfan092120
And you do?
Never pretended like I did. But I also don't make up theories and try to get people to believe that these guys, who work with each other, can't get over a player not wanting to be hazed.

Dr. Gonzo
07-26-2010, 09:21 PM
Just wait till we're a few weeks into the season. If the Cowboys are struggling and Dez is off to a poor start, every fucking Cowboyfan sheep in here will be bitching about him not carrying pads.

That's when Dez will start bitching about not getting ball.

Spursfan092120
Exactly, and based on the fact presented and the way everything played out it is safe to assume that the TO-Romo shit was true. It was never a fabricated incident that was simply played up by ESPN.
Yes..and neither of those players are involved in this..so how does that situation even fucking matter?

samikeyp
Never pretended like I did. But I also don't make up theories and try to get people to believe that these guys, who work with each other, can't get over a player not wanting to be hazed.

people are just voicing their opinions of what could be happening..just as you are. No one has said "this is definetly what's going on"

Goran Dragic

which will be a "non-issue".

ChuckD

If I'm Dez, I cheerfully pick up the pads, and ask Roy if he wants help packing them, too, since I'll have his job before Halloween.

monosylab1k

That's when "non-issue" will be said yet again.

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 09:22 PM
If I'm Dez, I cheerfully pick up the pads, and ask Roy if he wants help packing them, too, since I'll have his job before Halloween.

Kevin Ogletree ecstasy, tbh.

samikeyp
07-26-2010, 09:22 PM

yep..it will be attitude and "aww man...we shouldn't have drafted him"

Spursfan092120
07-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Is Andre Johnson in camp yet?

samikeyp
page 9 of a non-issue. :lol

BUMP
Yeah, thinking T.O. and Romo hated each other regardless of the media is a nutty conspiracy theory. They like each other so much they're still playing together.

I never said I disagreed about that.

I'm saying that TO is the biggest cancer in NFL history and comparing Dez to TO after one argument is reaching big time.

Spursfan092120

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 09:24 PM

You mean you stopped masturbating to that "Miles Austin = Jerry Rice" article from a week ago?

Spursfan092120
Yeah..his attitude is horrible..that's why he's the first guy on the field at camp.

Greg Oden
Who uses more unnecessary ellipses between HarlemHeat and 90210?

Dr. Gonzo

He will be in camp just like he was in camp as a rookie, carrying pads and paying his dues. Not crying like a little bitch.

Goran Dragic
That's when "non-issue" will be said yet again.

And then 3 years from now when their next prima donna receiver gives a preseason foreshadowing about how much of a pain in the ass he'll be and we compare him to Dez Bryant, Cowboyfan will say, "Great fuckin haters (:cry) trying to compare this to the greatest cancer ever in Dez Bryant :cry"

monosylab1k
I'm saying that TO is the biggest cancer in NFL history and comparing Dez to TO after one argument is reaching big time.

Yes or no - was every TO situation in 08 also greeted with the same "non-issue" responses?

monosylab1k
07-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Who uses more unnecessary ellipses between HarlemHeat and 90210?

ellipses:90210::one sentence paragraphs:TPark

Goran Dragic
Yeah..his attitude is horrible..that's why he's the first guy on the field at camp.
T.O. had one of the best work ethics in the NFL, great work ethic doesn't always lead to great attitude.

samikeyp

Which has nothing to do with Dez Bryant. Those two names shouldn't be in the same paragraph until Bryant does something.

Spursfan092120
07-26-2010, 09:26 PM
You mean you stopped masturbating to that "Miles Austin = Jerry Rice" article from a week ago?
Didn't see that one, tbh...imho, I think Miles is a good WR, but he's being WAY overblown...he hasn't earned the hype he's getting. To call him the best WR in the league is insane.

monosylab1k

TO was also the hardest worker on the Cowboys during his time. Another similarity!

BUMP
page 9 of a non-issue. :lol

NFL Forum is boring so far, tbh and I'm tired of arguing with random retards in the NBA Forum. It's a lot more fun debating with people who actually know what they're talking about :lol

Spursfan092120
07-26-2010, 09:27 PM
Which has nothing to do with Dez Bryant. Those two names shouldn't be in the same paragraph until Bryant does something.
I agree...it's these guys putting comparing him to TO

monosylab1k
T.O. had one of the best work ethics in the NFL, great work ethic doesn't always lead to great attitude.

brah you keep beating me to my points. stop it I saaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddd

Goran Dragic
NFL Forum is boring so far, tbh and I'm tired of arguing with random retards in the NBA Forum. It's a lot more fun debating with people who actually know what they're talking about :lol
This. It's not even fun to troll Koriwhat or lakaluva anymore.

samikeyp

Good point.

Greg Oden
ellipses:90210::one sentence paragraphs:TPark

:lol if 90210 wants to take over as the next Tpark after he has his "bacon induced coronary", 90210 should be working on his one sentence paragraphs, tbh.