PDA

View Full Version : large video wont play right

Glenn Holland
07-25-2010, 10:23 PM
just downloaded a flick that is about 1GB in size.
It wont play without becoming pixelated at certain points. the video is just so choppy.

most likely the video is too big for my PC available memory.

will deleting files and creating more free space on my drive help ?

koriwhat
07-25-2010, 10:29 PM
try vlc but if that doesn't work it might be the file is fucked due to shitty encoding or it might be your computer like you've already stated. make sure you have the proper codecs.

ChumpDumper
07-25-2010, 10:31 PM
Probably not. Those kinds of problems usually spring up when your video card and, to a lesser extent, your CPU or amount of RAM aren't up to the task. As long as you have at least 10% of each hard drive free, that won't be the cause of your problem.

Do you know what hardware you have?

MiamiHeat
07-25-2010, 10:34 PM
might be because it's high definition format and your computer can't handle it

ChumpDumper
07-25-2010, 10:35 PM
try vlc but if that doesn't work it might be the file is fucked due to shitty encoding or it might be your computer like you've already stated. make sure you have the proper codecs.If you go to www.cccp-project.net, you can install pretty much every codec in use as well as two media players that might play the file better -- all at once.

Wild Cobra
07-26-2010, 02:10 PM
just downloaded a flick that is about 1GB in size.
It wont play without becoming pixelated at certain points. the video is just so choppy.

most likely the video is too big for my PC available memory.

will deleting files and creating more free space on my drive help ?
How long is the video and at what resolution?

1 Gb at 480i I think only holds about 30 minutes of quality video under good compression. At an hour, you will notice desegregation from being compressed tighter. Longer, and it is shitty because of excessive compression.